What are Culpepper's chances of getting the starting job?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts
Culpepper looked very good in the St. Louis/Oakland game. He made very good decisions with the ball.If he keeps playing like this, he will be a starter without a doubt. This doesn't favor JaMarcus Russell's chances for the starting job as his contract dispute will backfire on him.What do you all think?
Big_Papi7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Big_Papi7
Member since 2007 • 1616 Posts
I am pretty sure that he will start. He's been doing well and they picked him up for a reason. Although this doesn't mean the Raiders are gonna be very good either...
dadaxtra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 dadaxtra
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I would put it around 80% Russell's hold out has put him in a bad way. He probably had the job at the draft but with Culpepper showcasing he still has it the Raiders have to atleast let him get the first 3 games.
MartinRiggs15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 MartinRiggs15
Member since 2004 • 614 Posts
I'm pretty sure Russel won't start for the raiders, at least at the start. I do have Culpepper as their starter for now, and hopefully they won't have to swap in one of the whities during the season.
Marty_McFly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Marty_McFly_
Member since 2007 • 881 Posts
100% in my opinion. He'll get it simply for the experience he has. If things start sucking real bad again they'll throw in Russell to get him some experience. Assuming he signs sometime this century.
bunchofpixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bunchofpixels
Member since 2003 • 7049 Posts

Fumbling is his main problem and always has been. If he can take the ball from the center without fumbling, he has a great shot at a starting job in Oakland. I hope he does well and gets himself a shot at a starting job elsewhere. With Jamarcus Russell being drafted he has no shot at a long term starting job there. Speaking of JR I wonder when he is going to sign?

G1ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 G1ll
Member since 2006 • 110 Posts
IMO, Culpepper will start. He's definetly more talented and experienced than McCown and Walter. The team also seems to flow and click better with him behind center. Russell is out of the question - he won't start.
goodlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 goodlay
Member since 2005 • 5773 Posts
If Russel starts 5 games this year, I'll be surprised. He has missed way too much practice and preseason time for him to even have an idea what is going on in the offense. He has no experience at all playing, or very much practice. Culpepper is the sure starter for this year.
CelticPride3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 CelticPride3
Member since 2007 • 224 Posts

As it stands right now, Culpepper has it. With all the drama surrouding Russell, he might not even start a game this season. Unless Culpepper has another one of those freak injuries, he should have the starting job on lockdown.

Drunkenmasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Drunkenmasta
Member since 2005 • 536 Posts
As soon as Al Davis brought Culpepper in to workout for the Raiders right there and then Culpepper was the starter.
Stall0wn3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Stall0wn3d
Member since 2007 • 621 Posts
russel has no chance of starting at all, its culpepper's job, until he blows out his knee again maybe they will throw russel in a few games seeing as the season will be meaningless by then, walter will probably play more games. russel is the future not present.
Ghost_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#12 Ghost_Warrior
Member since 2003 • 9002 Posts
Culpepper has been doing good this preseason so he most likely will be the starter. I hope he gets back to his old form, to be honest I don't know why theres all this hype around JeMarcus Russell, I guess the Raiders think he could be the next Vince Young but I don't see that happening, especially now that hes holding out. Dumb move on Russell's part.
PatsFanVince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#13 PatsFanVince
Member since 2006 • 290 Posts
I think he has the job and first of all how is there even competition? I would take a healthy Culpepper over McCown or Walter ANYDAY and one more thing man do I feel bad for the Raiders getting Russel and now him holding out that tough.
tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#14 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts
Culpepper has the starting job for now...Russel will start the second half of the season...IF he works things out with the Raiders...
-AK47-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -AK47-
Member since 2007 • 3277 Posts
I think Culpepper will start.
Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts
culpepper will start, raiders will still suck, they'll bring in russell in week 8ish