Tony Romo: Legend?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lordsettra12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lordsettra12
Member since 2005 • 4213 Posts

Do you think he will be a legend like Manning and Brady are? The way he is playing this year i'd say so.

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts
Tony Romo: no.
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 manningbowl135
Member since 2006 • 7457 Posts
Slow down.
Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts

no

zarfbloot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 zarfbloot
Member since 2004 • 4557 Posts
Give him three or four more years playing like he is right now, he'll be there.
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Just_Osmo
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts
Jesus the man has 1 good season and your crowning him already.
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#7 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts
One year does not make you a legend. It doesn't even make you a GREAT QB, it means you are good and couldbe really good if you keep it up. Just look at how he played last year, he was very up and down. One year of solid play doesn't mean much because it won't get you into the Hall.
prowler447

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 prowler447
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I love the cowboys. have all my life, but dont go giving him all your respect. look at manning he has played great for years even Brady (and i HATE brady) he has been good for a long time. i like romo but everyone rides him but the min. he steps off the path you will all get mad and say i told you so.. i never trusted him. you need to be there trough it all. lets see him in a bad season then lets see how he pulls it out. take the cowboys to some super bowls and win a couple of them. then i will give him all the respect he deserves.

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
No way, no chance, no. He's an alright scramble and rolls the dice well but he has some good receivers. You have to wonder what life would be for him after a knee injury, or without TO...
Mujambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mujambo
Member since 2007 • 1039 Posts
Way too early to say
Minder22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Minder22
Member since 2004 • 487 Posts
depends on the rest of his career
RyuHayabusaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 RyuHayabusaX
Member since 2005 • 7838 Posts
Lol I thought that I read Tomb Raider: Legend when I was browsing on the page. When he wins 2 Super Bowls maybe, then he'll get consideration.
lordsettra12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lordsettra12
Lol I thought that I read Tomb Raider: Legend when I was browsing on the page. When he wins 2 Super Bowls maybe, then he'll get consideration. RyuHayabusaX
RYU MAN what's up. We needa play live toghethor ur never on. Or if ur on ur on ranked stuff. Anyways MEH Romo is awesomeand fun 2 watch.
cvasquez311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 cvasquez311
Member since 2004 • 962 Posts
haaha thanks for the good laugh!
jujutheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jujutheking
Member since 2006 • 2998 Posts

No way, no chance, no. He's an alright scramble and rolls the dice well but he has some good receivers. You have to wonder what life would be for him after a knee injury, or without TO...duxup

He only scambles when he needs to.He is a good pocket passer.Do u even watch cowboys gms.

N15PCA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 N15PCA
Member since 2006 • 261 Posts

If he can put up these kinds of numbers for the next five plus years. Which I think he will, but right now he has a long way to go before he could be called a Legend. He quickly becoming my favorite Dallas Cowboys player on this current team. If that counts for anything.:D

Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts
Legend? What happened last year? Slow down. You really need more that an 11-1 record in one season to be classified as a "legend."
kori911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 kori911
Member since 2003 • 591 Posts
It's a possibility in the future, but he has even completed a full season yet.
mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts
I like Romo... But he hasn't even scratched the surface of being a legend. What profession, sports or not,do you know where anyone becomes a legend after 1 year? You are getting way ahead of yourself.
feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
Slow down there. Don't you think we should give him a few years to even start comparing him to Mannning and Brady?

Do you think he will be a legend like Manning and Brady are? The way he is playing this year i'd say so.

lordsettra12
tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#21 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts

first he needs to win a superbowl...then this thread will have some significance...until then it's just pointless...

lordsettra12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lordsettra12
Slow down there. Don't you think we should give him a few years to even start comparing him to Mannning and Brady?[QUOTE="lordsettra12"]

feryl06

No, have u even watched the cowboy games this year?
cvasquez311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 cvasquez311
Member since 2004 • 962 Posts
[QUOTE="feryl06"]Slow down there. Don't you think we should give him a few years to even start comparing him to Mannning and Brady?[QUOTE="lordsettra12"]

lordsettra12

did you watch the bills/cowboys game this year?

best QBs have their games, but when romo blows it, HE BLOWS HARD!

man, how old are you? you seem like a youngin for makin such a ignorant/ill-informed post.

s3anx7007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 s3anx7007
Member since 2007 • 490 Posts
I really hate it when people post things like this. He doesnt even have 2 full seasons under his belt yet and youre already putting the word "legend" in your topic. Just slow down and repost this in about 12 years.
SegArgyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SegArgyle
Member since 2004 • 2371 Posts

for that matter freakin montana and steve young got set up with great receivers too ya know

your point is moot in that instance

SegArgyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SegArgyle
[QUOTE="lordsettra12"][QUOTE="feryl06"]Slow down there. Don't you think we should give him a few years to even start comparing him to Mannning and Brady?[QUOTE="lordsettra12"]

cvasquez311

man, how old are you? you seem like a youngin for makin such a ignorant/ill-informed post.

you must not be very old yourself cuz how many times has he blown it this year, and oh yeah, they won that game with romo keeping the presence of mind to direct his team into scoring position to win the game

duh

SegArgyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SegArgyle

first he needs to win a superbowl...then this thread will have some significance...until then it's just pointless...

tryfe_lyn

marino never won a superbowl

I'm not saying he's a legend but he's having a pretty good start

you people must have only started watching football around 96 cuz your football knowledge isnt very bright

Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Cube_of_MooN
[QUOTE="tryfe_lyn"]

SegArgyle

you people must have only started watching football around 96 cuz your football knowledge isnt very bright

Well Marino threw record setting numbers and was an amazing leader, so despite the lack of a Super Bowl win, he is still a legend. Romo isn't exactly breaking records yet. I think he's too inconsistent to become a legend, as he has shown in the past. Until he really shows us consistency, good numbers, and maybe a Super Bowl, he can't be talked about as being great, let alone a legend.

N15PCA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 N15PCA
Member since 2006 • 261 Posts
[QUOTE="SegArgyle"][QUOTE="tryfe_lyn"]

Cube_of_MooN

Well Marino threw record setting numbers and was an amazing leader, so despite the lack of a Super Bowl win, he is still a legend. Romo isn't exactly breaking records yet. I think he's too inconsistent to become a legend, as he has shown in the past. Until he really shows us consistency, good numbers, and maybe a Super Bowl, he can't be talked about as being great, let alone a legend.

I agree he has a long way to go before he could be called a legend or even great, but he dose have the most TD passes in a season in Cowboy history though 12 games and if being inconsistent means having 33 TD passes through 12 games then give me inconsistent play all day long.

The Topic should have seen been is Tony Romo a good QB or is he going to keep making the Pro-bowl five years from now. That topic makes much more sense.

Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Cube_of_MooN

I agree he has a long way to go before he could be called a legend or even great, but he dose have the most TD passes in a season in Cowboy history though 12 games and if being inconsistent means having 33 TD passes through 12 games then give me inconsistent play all day long.

The Topic should have seen been is Tony Romo a good QB or is he going to keep making the Pro-bowl five years from now. That topic makes much more sense.

N15PCA

The thing about Romo is that with all his improviation and strange throwing styles, its hard to say he won't throw a 4 INT game here and there, maybe even get blown out at some point. But maybe not. If he can keep up what he's been doing this year, avoid the injury bug (something Brady and Manning have done) and again, stay consistent, maybe five years from now we can have this talk of greatness and legend.

patriots2871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 patriots2871
Member since 2007 • 21445 Posts
tony rome sucks
Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts
tony rome suckspatriots2871
Who? Jim Rome?
lordsettra12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lordsettra12
[QUOTE="cvasquez311"][QUOTE="lordsettra12"][QUOTE="feryl06"]Slow down there. Don't you think we should give him a few years to even start comparing him to Mannning and Brady?[QUOTE="lordsettra12"]

SegArgyle

you must not be very old yourself cuz how many times has he blown it this year, and oh yeah, they won that game with romo keeping the presence of mind to direct his team into scoring position to win the game

duh

Ya, and the Cowboys still won. Ur point?
DrakeNOwns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DrakeNOwns
Member since 2006 • 537 Posts
Peyton Manning threw 6 interceptions in a game and they lost...
OneWingedAngeI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 OneWingedAngeI
Member since 2003 • 9448 Posts
look at favre, look at aikman, look at a lot of great QBs, they all have bad days..
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#36 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Romo's legend seems to be lucky with fumbles. :P
DrakeNOwns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DrakeNOwns
Member since 2006 • 537 Posts
Today's game also helps his legend status
lordsettra12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lordsettra12
[QUOTE="N15PCA"]

Cube_of_MooN

The thing about Romo is that with all his improviation and strange throwing styles, its hard to say he won't throw a 4 INT game here and there, maybe even get blown out at some point. But maybe not. If he can keep up what he's been doing this year, avoid the injury bug (something Brady and Manning have done) and again, stay consistent, maybe five years from now we can have this talk of greatness and legend.

But, he's already playin as good or better than mannin and peyton this year =/
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 manningbowl135
As a general rule, I like to define a legend by if he retired or was out of football right now, how would he be remembered? Brady, Manning or Favre would be remembered in history. Romo? Not even close right now. He has a long, long way to be a legend.
rudyfan04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#40 rudyfan04
Member since 2004 • 4448 Posts

No way, no chance, no. He's an alright scramble and rolls the dice well but he has some good receivers. You have to wonder what life would be for him after a knee injury, or without TO...duxup

A life without TO? Did you watch the Lions game? Hes a good WR but the Cowboys dont obviously rely on him only.

lordsettra12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lordsettra12

[QUOTE="duxup"]No way, no chance, no. He's an alright scramble and rolls the dice well but he has some good receivers. You have to wonder what life would be for him after a knee injury, or without TO...rudyfan04

A life without TO? Did you watch the Lions game? Hes a good WR but the Cowboys dont obviously rely on him only.

That game was all Romo to Witten
lordsettra12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lordsettra12
As a general rule, I like to define a legend by if he retired or was out of football right now, how would he be remembered? Brady, Manning or Favre would be remembered in history. Romo? Not even close right now. He has a long, long way to be a legend.manningbowl135
Not a long way, he's already proved he's amazing.
Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Cube_of_MooN

But, he's already playin as good or better than mannin and peyton this year =/lordsettra12

:? Aren't Manning and Peyton the same person? And Peyton does have his top receiver out... Simply because Romo is having a better year than Peyton one year does not qualify him as a legend.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 manningbowl135

[QUOTE="manningbowl135"]As a general rule, I like to define a legend by if he retired or was out of football right now, how would he be remembered? Brady, Manning or Favre would be remembered in history. Romo? Not even close right now. He has a long, long way to be a legend.lordsettra12

Yes a long way. All he's now is a guy with a great season. He needs at least 5-6 more like this to be remembered in history.

d-will8-MVP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 d-will8-MVP
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Well in My opion he is good not great. He has had one good season. If he kepts this up for maybe 4 more years than yeah legend all the way
Shadow2k6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#46 Shadow2k6
Member since 2005 • 2283 Posts

[QUOTE="manningbowl135"]As a general rule, I like to define a legend by if he retired or was out of football right now, how would he be remembered? Brady, Manning or Favre would be remembered in history. Romo? Not even close right now. He has a long, long way to be a legend.lordsettra12

One season doesn't prove anything.

lordsettra12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 lordsettra12
[QUOTE="lordsettra12"]

But, he's already playin as good or better than mannin and peyton this year =/Cube_of_MooN

:? Aren't Manning and Peyton the same person? And Peyton does have his top receiver out... Simply because Romo is having a better year than Peyton one year does not qualify him as a legend.

Nah, they the same person, ps it was a typo
Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Cube_of_MooN
[QUOTE="Cube_of_MooN"][QUOTE="lordsettra12"]

But, he's already playin as good or better than mannin and peyton this year =/lordsettra12

Nah, they the same person, ps it was a typo

Thought so. ;) Still, Romo is not yet a legend, and that fact remains.

waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#49 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts
[QUOTE="lordsettra12"]

But, he's already playin as good or better than mannin and peyton this year =/Cube_of_MooN

Umm yes and now. He could be talking about Eli. Which Romo is better than Eli. Romo is not yet a legend. Certainly a great start to becoming one, but who knows what will happen in the future.