Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#101 Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

Lebron's deal is only for 2-years meaning he'll be a free agent the same off-season as Durant. Granted he might only be doing this due to an expected increase in the salary cap, but a few years ago people said Lebron would only opt-out to get a better deal from the Heat, and we saw how that turned out.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18782 Posts

@Boston_Boyy said:

Lebron's deal is only for 2-years meaning he'll be a free agent the same off-season as Durant. Granted he might only be doing this due to an expected increase in the salary cap, but a few years ago people said Lebron would only opt-out to get a better deal from the Heat, and we saw how that turned out.

The new NBA TV/Media rights deal will allow bigger salaries. So I'll laugh so hard if James accepts a HUGE offer from LA and New York next year.

CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#103 CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts

lmfao @ Rockets.. miss out on Melo AND Bosh.. Parsons is on the verge of joining Dirk in Dallas.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#104  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@PSP107 said:

@FireEmblem_Man: One thing I can see is that Gasol will be a great mentor to Nikola Mirotic

Is he coming this year?

That's what GarPax are trying to do now, trying to relinquish carlos boozer and trade MDJ for more cap space to bring Mirotic

CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105  Edited By CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts

@Boston_Boyy said:

I would literally laugh my ass off if LeBron leaves Cleveland again.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#106  Edited By yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Lebron probably won't leave, but that would be hilarious. You're telling me though if the Cavs don't at least make it to the Finals in the next 2 years he won't entertain leaving again? I think he will if places like NY, and shit, even Miami have cap room and a better shot of making it?

Looks like Heat will throw money at Deng. Cool. We still need a big though. Steal Monroe from Detroit. And looks like Chalmers is coming back, too.

C: Monroe/Birdman

PF: Bosh/McRoberts/Haslem

SF: Deng/Granger/James Jones

SG: Wade/Allen?/Stuckey?

PG: Chalmers/Cole/Napier

That's like insane, and probably won't happen, but that would be a damn good team.

Mercuria1_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#107 Mercuria1_King
Member since 2014 • 278 Posts

@Boston_Boyy said:

LeBron can opt out at the end of next season which means he basically signed a one year contract with Cleveland. I think that LeBron wants the max from Cleveland and the power to make some decisions within the organization.

EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By EPICCOMMANDER
Member since 2013 • 1110 Posts

@yokofox33: I don't know how you're being so cool right now as a Heat fan. I would be losing my mind right now asking why the f Bosh is being paid so flipping much.

Also during the draft when the Heat traded for Napier, the only asset they had to trade was Norris Cole, so it's pretty much guaranteed he's gone. Oh and, lol it's been a rough two weeks for Chalmers. He was basically being shown the door when the Heat were looking to get a better PG in free agency, and now that LeBron is gone, they're looking to resign Chalmers.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 yokofox33

@EPICCOMMANDER: Bosh is over paid obviously, but if he becomes Raptors Bosh he might actually be worth most of that contract. And they had little choice if they wanted to save face. The Heat are positioning themselves for 2016 while still remaining competitive. Deng looks like he's coming in on a 2-year deal. Riley doesn't rebuild. That 15-win season was never in the books, it just happened. Hey, I'm depressed Lebron is gone, but his departure might allow us to build a more complete "team."

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By PSP107

@yokofox33 said:

@EPICCOMMANDER: Bosh is over paid obviously, but if he becomes Raptors Bosh he might actually be worth most of that contract.

That Raptor Bosh led them no where. Assuming Wade will never be a top player again,That $ could of been saved to attract future free agents.

One thing one can argue is that the East is wide open. As constructed now, i'll take the Heat team you proposed over Cavs.

EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By EPICCOMMANDER
@PSP107 said:

@yokofox33 said:

@EPICCOMMANDER: Bosh is over paid obviously, but if he becomes Raptors Bosh he might actually be worth most of that contract.

That Raptor Bosh led them no where. Assuming Wade will never be a top player again,That $ could of been saved to attract future free agents.

One thing one can argue is that the East is wide open. As constructed now, i'll take the Heat team you proposed over Cavs.

That is a bold statement (lulz, literally bold). I'd be hesitant to pick even the Heat over the Pacers with that lineup, again, assuming Stephenson returns to Indy, but the Heat over the Cavs? You are aware that when LeBron was first in Cleveland, he carried the team to NBA Finals once, and this was before LeBron developed his low post game, before he started playing the four at times, and before he developed his outside shot to hit 40% from three in 2012-2013. He's developed so much since he left, and now you've got Irving there...I'm not with you there, even IF, and that's a big if, Monroe signs with the Heat.

In other news, Ray Allen will pretty much assuredly go the Cavs. He likes playing with LeBron, obviously not just because, you know, he's LeBron James, but because he pretty much guarantees and at least a few open shots for deadeye shooters like Allen, every game because of James' passing. I know nothing about the Cavs roster, but I'm pretty sure veteran shooters like Allen are not something a young team like the Cavs have a lot of.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 yokofox33

@PSP107 said:

@yokofox33 said:

But from what I can remember those Raptors teams had nothing. This Heat team has at least something, especially if they add a couple more pieces. And the Heat have major cap room even with Bosh's contract. They want Deng for 2 years so his 10 million is off the books in 2016. Andddd the cap is expected to grow with the new TV contracts and agreements anyway. The odds of them getting Durant or someone else big are slim, but they'll have the room.

Shit, if the yearly max contract salary is raised in 2016/2017 Bosh's contract might actually be a bargain. (Probably not a bargain, but you get the drift I hope)

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

LeBron will not leave the Cavs in 2 years. There's no chance of that happening. He seems to truly care about his reputation/legacy now and leaving Cleveland again in a couple years will destroy that good reputation he so desperately wants to have.

Deng is a good pick-up for the Heat. I think he's probably a little past his prime (he won't be an all-star) but he'll still be a good starter on that team. He's one of my all-time favorite players so I hope he does well as long as he doesn't help the Heat knock the Bulls out of the playoffs.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 PSP107

@EPICCOMMANDER:

I'm only saying the Heat roster Yokofox listed

Looks better than the Cavs. I didn't say Heat over Pacers or anything. Just Heat vs Cavs.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By yokofox33

I doubt the Heat get Monroe. Detroit will match any offer. Would be ideal though. Probably better off getting a guy like Okafor on the cheap and pairing him with Birdman. Plus they have Justin Hamilton who might be a decent bench guy. James Ennis looks like a contributor as well at the SG position.

EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By EPICCOMMANDER
@PSP107 said:

@EPICCOMMANDER:

I'm only saying the Heat roster Yokofox listed

Looks better than the Cavs. I didn't say Heat over Pacers or anything. Just Heat vs Cavs.

I just now noticed Stuckey on that list. For some reason I missed him earlier.

I guess the only real major concern would be front court defense with Monroe and Bosh, and Monroe in particular is downright lousy at defending the pick and roll. The bench could still probably use some scoring or another shooter..but yeah that's pretty impressive if you have Stuckey there and Napier is the scorer he was in college (which in his first year is asking a lot).

The only other concern that I could see would be how well they can contain faster teams and Irving, Wiggins, and James are going to be the fastest front court in the league (assuming Wiggins isn't traded to make room for the incoming Love) and an aging Wade and Deng, and a slow Chalmers are going to be crucified trying to defend them on the fast break.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 FireEmblem_Man

Bulls front court looks scary as hell now! We finally get Nikola Mirotic in a 3 year deal for $17 Million, and is considered the best Euro-basketball jump shooter PF.

EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 EPICCOMMANDER

The Heat are bringing back everybody's favorite player, Chris Andersen. It's hard to believe this guy is still good at age 36, but he is.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By yokofox33

EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 EPICCOMMANDER

@yokofox33: I hated that Andersen cut/trimmed his mohawk at the start of last season. I didn't think he necessarily looked good with a mohawk, but I felt like it was part of his identity. Also didn't think he looked good at all with the lumberjack beard.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 FireEmblem_Man

@EPICCOMMANDER said:

The Heat are bringing back everybody's favorite player, Chris Andersen. It's hard to believe this guy is still good at age 36, but he is.

Yet the Heat continue to have no real Center...

EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 EPICCOMMANDER
@FireEmblem_Man said:

@EPICCOMMANDER said:

Yet the Heat continue to have no real Center...

Lol, I guess their plan is to have Bosh starting at the 5 again next year?? Because that is a flawless strategy as we all know lulz.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 yokofox33

@FireEmblem_Man: Unfortunately there's no one out there. Like I said earlier, I'd take a shot on Okafor. He at the very least will rebound and defend well. An Okafor/Birdman combo can be solid.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 FireEmblem_Man

@yokofox33 said:

@FireEmblem_Man: Unfortunately there's no one out there. Like I said earlier, I'd take a shot on Okafor. He at the very least will rebound and defend well. An Okafor/Birdman combo can be solid.

The thing is, they continue to use PF players to play as C, which is a huge problem and Bosh just wasn't very good as a C. McRoberts will be playing as a C, despite he's more of a PF. Birdman is more of a PF than a C IMHO. But yeah, its ashame that they can't land Okafor.

Also, too bad that no one wanted Mario Chalmers, and their PG position is still lacking. I'm hoping for Shabazz Napier to prove that he's the real deal, because his Summer League debut was atrocious.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 PSP107

@EPICCOMMANDERThe only other concern that I could see would be how well they can contain faster teams and Irving, Wiggins, and James are going to be the fastest front court in the league (assuming Wiggins isn't traded to make room for the incoming Love) and an aging Wade and Deng, and a slow Chalmers are going to be crucified trying to defend them on the fast break.

It's hard to believe this guy is still good at age 36, but he is.

Well in the playoffs, the pace usually slow down. And to be fair, Anderson missed a lot time throughout his career.

@fireembiem_manBulls front court looks scary as hell now! We finally get Nikola Mirotic in a 3 year deal for $17 Million, and is considered the best Euro-basketball jump shooter PF.

Yea but the NBA is a different animal. I'm assuming he can't play defense either.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 PSP107

@EPICCOMMANDERThe only other concern that I could see would be how well they can contain faster teams and Irving, Wiggins, and James are going to be the fastest front court in the league (assuming Wiggins isn't traded to make room for the incoming Love) and an aging Wade and Deng, and a slow Chalmers are going to be crucified trying to defend them on the fast break.

It's hard to believe this guy is still good at age 36, but he is.

Well in the playoffs, the pace usually slow down. And to be fair, Anderson missed a lot time throughout his career.

@fireembiem_manBulls front court looks scary as hell now! We finally get Nikola Mirotic in a 3 year deal for $17 Million, and is considered the best Euro-basketball jump shooter PF.

Yea but the NBA is a different animal. I'm assuming he can't play defense either.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 FireEmblem_Man

@PSP107 said:

Don't be such a negative nancy :P

I know Mirotic will do well in the NBA, after all, the Euro-league and Spanish League have done a great job keeping up with the NBA. I know that we will wait and see how Mirotic will play, but looking at this roster, it's completely deep.

• PG- Derrick Rose/Kirk Hinrich
  • SG- Mike Dunleavy Jr/Jimmy Butler
  • C- Joakim Noah/Pau Gasol/Taj Gibson
  • PF- Pau Gasol/Taj Gibson/Nikola Mirotic/Cameron Bairstow
  • SF- Doug McDermott/Tony Snell/Jimmy Butler

That's a lot of talent and a great rotation, I'm sure now Coach Thibs can finally give rest for Joakim Noah and Taj as well as switching between our SG's and F. Although, I don't know if the Bulls are keeping MDJ though.

EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 EPICCOMMANDER

I just realized LeBron is playing in the same division as the Bulls, holy sh*t those games are going to be intense. Actually the entire central division is going to be wildly contested, assuming Indy doesn't shat the bed and lose Stephenson.

Also, rough few days for Houston.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By PSP107

@FireEmblem_Man:

I think you're being a positive pansy = )

I was only going off your comment about Mirotic being the best Euro player. I didn't critique the whole roster. But I'm no Euro B-Ball expert, but I don't trust Mirotic. Rose health is still a question mark. Mcbuckets is a rookie.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By FireEmblem_Man

@PSP107 said:

@FireEmblem_Man:

I think you're being a positive pansy = )

I was only going off your comment about Mirotic being the best Euro player. I didn't critique the whole roster. But I'm no Euro B-Ball expert, but I don't trust Mirotic. Rose health is still a question mark. Mcbuckets is a rookie.

You can't blame me for that :P I'm just excited for this upcoming season. McBuckets and Snell have meshed well together in the back court if you saw their summer league game. It's easy not to trust Mirotic, but his highlights show he can work both front and back courts, not to mention that he can catch and shoot both in and out of the perimeter. He's something I like better than Carlos Boozer.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 yokofox33

It'll be fun watching the Bulls, Pacers, and Cavs beat the shit out of each other this year. My seedings:

1. Bulls
2. Cavs
3. Raptors
4. Heat
5. Pacers
6. Wizards
7. Hawks
8. Nets

The East is actually pretty deep this year. Just not as good as the West.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#133  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

My super early standings would be:

1. Pacers (with Stephenson)
  2. Bulls
  3. Heat
  4. Cavs
  5. Wizards
  6. Raptors
  7. Hawks
  8. Pistons
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

The Knicks are going to be better than the Pistons/Hawks/Nets of the world at least

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Well....the Rockets are fucked beyond belief next year. Guess Bosh didn't want a chance at another title.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 yokofox33

Wade back to the Heat (shocking) on a 2-year deal. Seems to be worth about 16-17 million per year. Obviously overpaid, but the Heat had to take care of him. Annnndddd I guarantee in 2016 he'll sign for way way way cheaper to stay a Heatle and give the team flexibility to sign a big name or two.

I'll say this: Wade has gotten a reputation for being dirty, a whiner, and a flopper (and I agree), but he's the ultimate team player. He''ll finish his Heat career NEVER being the top paid player on his team. And he's taken pay cuts multiple times to make the roster work.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By yokofox33

Lance Stephenson is not right in the head. Turned down 5 years and 44 million from the Pacers and said he deserves more.

So, he signs with Charlotte for 3 years and 27 million. So he gets to earn 200k more!

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By FireEmblem_Man

@mems_1224 said:

Well....the Rockets are fucked beyond belief next year. Guess Bosh didn't want a chance at another title.

Yeah they are, how can they lose 3 players and get nothing in return? Well, at least the Rockets have Cap Space relief. I don't think they will make it as a top 4 western team, I see them grinding out their way to at least make it as a 5th seed. But if they can at least land Ariza, they can still be a contender.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Master_Live

Stephenson gets to be a Free Agent again at 26 instead of 28. He is betting on himself. I like it.

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Boston_Boyy

Silver has been floating the idea of a European Soccer style midseason tournament (think Football League Cup). Personally I understand the idea, I just don't think it would work in America. It's just not our sporting culture, unlike the European countries that use the cup system we already have a tournament style league playoff that produces clear-cut, undisputed champions annually.

Beyond that I don't tend to see anything other than those championships as legitimate reason for bragging rights and generally reject consolation prizes. A couple examples would be that of that narrative of the 90s Bills always being that they lost 4 consecutive Super Bowls, rather than won 4 consecutive AFC Championships, and most College Basketball fans wanting to rather get bounced out of the tournament in the first round as a 12th seed than win the NIT Championship.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Master_Live

Silver is starting to get on my nerves. First the stupid gold things on the shirts now this absolutely ridiculous tournament. He is already making me start to miss David Stern.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Silverbond

Why do you think the gold patches would be stupid?

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Boston_Boyy

@Silverbond: I like the idea to make it a thing for the defending champions or giving it to individual players, but giving an entire like the Knicks, Trailblazers, Warriors, Bucks, etc a patch on their jerseys because they won a title before any of their players were even born is stupid. I am however interested in the lottery reform idea being floated, seeing as it would reduce the temptation to blatantly tank (no more 26 game losing streaks, hopefully) by evening out the odds and increase the number of teams that are drawn from 3 to 6.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Master_Live

It goes from the tabs not mashing most team color schemes. To why the **** does fat Raymond Felton gets to wear a tab just for being on the Dallas Mavericks. To not being an adequate representation when a 1 time NBA champion franchise like the Blazers get the same tab as the 17 time Champion Boston Celtics.

Stick to the rooftop banners, Silver.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Master_Live

I bet Silver is the first unsavory twat to let sponsors on shirts.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 PSP107

@Master_Live said:

To why the **** does fat Raymond Felton gets to wear a tab just for being on the Dallas Mavericks.

*laughs*

Anyway, if it does happen, it could be a symbol of the team you playing for instead of a individual player. I will almost compare it to why Yankees don't use player names on their jersey. Its a team and not a bunch of individuals.

EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By EPICCOMMANDER

Those patches are gay as hell. Also isn't Raymond Felton supposed to go to jail?? He was nabbed this year on felony gun possession, and I'm pretty sure you serve time for a felony.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By FireEmblem_Man

When Bulls acquired Aaron Brooks from Free Agency, you now know that Coach Thibs can finally put off pressure from Derrick Rose and now can freely spread the minutes! Hello Bench Mob 2.0!

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 yokofox33
@Master_Live said:

It goes from the tabs not mashing most team color schemes. To why the **** does fat Raymond Felton gets to wear a tab just for being on the Dallas Mavericks. To not being an adequate representation when a 1 time NBA champion franchise like the Blazers get the same tab as the 17 time Champion Boston Celtics.

Stick to the rooftop banners, Silver.

The only tabs that would make sense on Raymond Felton are his tabs from Sizzler.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Silverbond

Did anyone else Paul George's leg injury? Holy shit