Teams I sympathize for

This topic is locked from further discussion.

derekjeter2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 derekjeter2005
Member since 2005 • 1524 Posts

Tampa Bay Devil Rays.

Been in the MLB since 1998 and have never come to close to a winning record. Nevermind the playoffs. (*plays Jim Mora sound bite in head*). They get a gift in Scott Kazmir from the Mets, lose Josh Hamilton to drugs and problems and now he's resurfaced as a force with the Reds and in the worst move in franchise history they trade Delmon Young to Minnesota. So what's left is a team thats lost its luster fighting in the toughest division in all of baseball with the Blue Jays, Yanks and Sox.

Poor Poor DRays...

Arizona Cardinals

They play in arguably the weakest division in the NFL. They have a load of talent, Matt Leinart, Edge, Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, Bertran Berry, Adrian Wilson, Antrel Rolle, Neil Rackers, Levi Brown, Elton Brown,Calvin Pace, Karlos Dansby, Leonard Pope.

So how is it that the team with the best players in the NFL's weakest division always comes up short? Injuries. Changes in the coaching regime. quarterback controversy. ineffective running back behind his prime. Letting undefeated Bears off the hook.

And to think the Cards even made the playoff, as a matter of fact I remember the one time they made the playoffs back when they were in the NFC East in the late 90s. They lost right away and Plummer was gone within a few years.

Poor Poor Cards...

Atlanta Hawks

Like the Cardinals and Detroit Lions no matter how many great players you put on the court, you won't win if you don't have a gameplan. The Hawks gameplan consists of not listening to the coach, going Iso on every play trying to be superman and running an offense that is usually out of synch and a defense that is worse. Marvin Williams, Josh Childress, Josh Smith, Joe Johnson, Shelden Williams, Al Horford, Acie Law. You mean to tell me you can't make the playoffs with THESE players? What the heck, its been nearly a decade and the Hawks can't squeeze their way into the picture in the traditionally weak Eastern Conference playoff buzz.

Poor Poor Hawks...

Rutgers Scarlet Knights Men Basketball

There's an old saying that goes dance with the one that brung ya. Wellabout a decade ago Rutgers fired coach Bob Wenzel who brought them to two appearances in the NCAA Tournament mainly because he couldn't get Tim Thomas to commit to Knighthood. Since then? Rutgers has produced an NBA legit in Quincy Douby but other than that they've put together sloppy teams that struggle in the Big East schedule and fail to make the Big East Tournament most years. Oh did I mention they lose on an annual basis to teams like Saint Peter's and Iona? Grant it they haven'tdanced since 1991, they probably won't for a while.

PoorPoor Knights...

Notre Dame Fighting Irish Football

Where to start. Getting runout ofthe Sugar Bowl by JaMarcus Russell and hisCats?Hiring a new coachevery other year hoping thatthey will find instant, Joe Torre-esque success? Havinga topnotch recruiting class andwinning only 1 game?Year in and year out failing to live up to those expectations of being the New York Yankees of college football? Yep. That's pretty much the jist of things. Sure they'll get things geared toward a championship run but there's no magic in South Bend anymore, nothing to convince anyone these guys can become the gods of the gridiron.

Poor Poor Irish...

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 AHUGECAT
Member since 2006 • 8967 Posts
Clippers. Their team owner is a moron. Also the Bills. 4 straight SB appearances and no wins. Owned?
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#3 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
KC Royals, Detroit Lions, Montreal Expos/Washington Nationals
CrimzonTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 CrimzonTide
Member since 2007 • 12187 Posts
But the D-Rays don't exist anymore!
the_crosbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 the_crosbie
Member since 2007 • 740 Posts
you forgot the pirates... let barry bonds go to free agency and now we have had 15 consecutive losing seasons
RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts
New Orleans Saints. A complete history of failure.
-OpaK-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 -OpaK-
Member since 2006 • 2728 Posts
Sonics, because they might be leaving:cry:
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
Detroit Lions. Once Millen stepped in, the team crumbled. Well, the departure of Barry Sanders didn't help, either. Won one playoff game since 1957.
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 manningbowl135
Member since 2006 • 7457 Posts

Right now Giants. Everyone is saying one team I want to face in the playoff is the Giants. Boggles my mind how a 9-5 team can be this inconsistent. The whole team looks disorganized, dysfunctional and clueless sometimes.

Historically the city of philadelphia.

WhoShotMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 WhoShotMe
Member since 2002 • 5202 Posts

Historically the city of philadelphia.

manningbowl135

B..but....Philly has Rocky! And Smokin' Joe! You gotta give 'em that.

mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts

Vikings.

This 5 game winning streak is a set up for their harsh reality. They just aren't that good after AP, the rush defense, and maybe Chester Taylor.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Just_Osmo
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts
Patriots. Poor Pat's. Losing Colvin for the season. Whatever shall we do.
Dreski83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#13 Dreski83
Member since 2003 • 1104 Posts
Vikings.

This 5 game winning streak is a set up for their harsh reality.mrvic87

I'm not sure I totally agree with that since other teams like the imaginary 10 win Lions and once super bowl popular Bears are doing much worse. I do sympathize with the Vikes if theyventure into the playoffs unprepared, but at least they got some chemistry to work with next year :roll:

Spincut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#14 Spincut
Member since 2004 • 4203 Posts
[QUOTE="mrvic87"]Vikings.

This 5 game winning streak is a set up for their harsh reality.Dreski83

I'm not sure I totally agree with that since other teams like the imaginary 10 win Lions and once super bowl popular Bears are doing much worse. I do sympathize with the Vikes if theyventure into the playoffs unprepared, but at least they got some chemistry to work with next year :roll:

Oh you agree with it and agree with it good, the vikings are bordering on close to a decade of LEGENDARY dissapointments since Gary Anderson "Ray Finkle"'d that game losing field goal kick against the falcons, missing out on a superbowl the vikes probably could have won: from players dying on them, to missed draft picks, to scandal, to recent top draft picks going crazy and hightailing it to florida where they get shot. Whats so special about the Vikings is that they aren't ever Dolphins 2007 bad, that's so obvious you know what to expect, but with the Vikings they just get your hopes up just enough before they crush it at almost the perfect time for it to have the most jarring effect.

It's like you could ask when the best game and the best time to fumble the ball or screw up, and they will do it.

SegArgyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SegArgyle
Member since 2004 • 2371 Posts

I wouldnt feel sorry for notre dame football sheesh look at all they done, comes a time when the best have to be the worst ya know