SF Giants wins 2nd World Series in 3 years, sweeps Detroit Tigers. Sandoval MVP.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Giants extend Matt Cain for 5 year, 112.5 mill

Joey stays with Reds

Nice.

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

It looks like Eric Wedge has already made his decision. For the first time since the Clinton Administration, someone not named Ichiro will be leading off for the Mariners on Opening Day.

Easports48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Easports48
Member since 2005 • 1761 Posts
Go Red Sox.........Go Marlins.
Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#4 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

Yanks win #28.

Ichiro gets 250 hits.

Pujols hits 43hr/Prince hits 40.

Mariano retires as the last player to ever wear the #42.

We will see a triple crown winner.

Verlander throws 2 no-nos.

JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JohnBean42
Member since 2008 • 2810 Posts

Lots of optimism around the Jays. Revamped pen, an explosive offense that can put of runs with the best of them (or it SHOULD), and a pitching staff full of promise led my Romero. Lots of things gotta go right: Lawrie plays at his MVP-type level, pitching staff evolves, especially Drabek and Morrow, Alvarez continues to impress, and Rasmus and Johnson get back on track. I'm really looking forward to this season!

I think the Marlins will be a .500 team even with what they did (Johnson will get hurt again), Tigers win division easy, Royals finish 3rd, Texas and Angels both make playoffs, Phillies win the division, Nats win a WC spot, mets finish last, Cincy wins the NL Central, DBacks win the West again. 4 teams in the AL east will be over .500, and if that 2nd WC is added, NY and TB make it, Toronto and Boston miss out.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#7 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts

It looks like Eric Wedge has already made his decision. For the first time since the Clinton Administration, someone not named Ichiro will be leading off for the Mariners on Opening Day.

Oleg_Huzwog
And in his place will be a guy who hit .188 last year, with an OBP of .241. Great.
Ring_of_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ring_of_fire
Member since 2003 • 15880 Posts

-The Marlins and Nationals will finish 3rd and 4th in the NLE (Not sure what order)
-The Nats are a year away from being in contention, though they will put up a fight.
-The Phils window is closing to win a championship.
-The ALE and NLE are the best divisions in baseball.

ALE: 1) NYY 2) Rays 3) Sox 4) Jays 5) O's
ALC: 1) DET 2) CLE 3) CWS 4) MIN 5) KC
ALW: 1) LAA 2) TEX 3) SEA 4) OAK

WC: Rays

NLE: 1) PHI 2) ATL 3) MIA 4) WAS 5) NYM
NLC: 1) Cards 2) CIN 3) PIT 4) MIL 5) CHC 6) HOU
NLW: 1) SFG 2) AZ 3) LAD 4) COL 5) SD

WC: ATL

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Namgis

a guy who hit .188 last year, with an OBP of .241.monkeytoes61

:o Yikes. I'm looking forward to taking in some games this year, hope they are a lot more competitive.

Gonna be nice seeing Jesus play every day. I still don't know if the Yanks made the right call with him. I would have loved seeing him in pin stripes for the next decade. But, I get to watch him play every season in Seattle now. Another reason to go to more games would be to see Pujols in his prime, Verlander and Prince play three this season too. Can't wait.

Ring_of_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ring_of_fire
it will also be interesting to see how Miami's new ballpark plays.
Alex3796

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 1

#11 Alex3796
Member since 2009 • 2669 Posts
I keep waiting for the Royals to have a breakout year. I'd be happy with a winning season at this point. *sigh*
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Master_Live

Justin Morneau hopes his concussion symptons are over

And now a renew my, now, 3 year plea to Mr. Morneau to retire while he is still somewhat healthy. Justin, you got money, are relatively healthy, your family is set for life. Let it go, let it go.

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Oleg_Huzwog

How is Roy Oswalt still unemployed?

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

I keep waiting for the Royals to have a breakout year. I'd be happy with a winning season at this point. *sigh*Alex3796

It's gonna happen eventually. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them take 2nd in the Central this year.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Master_Live

Oleg_Huzwog
Maybe teams don't think he is worth it.
JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JohnBean42

Oleg_Huzwog
His choice. Kinda like Clemens on 2007. He'll sign with a contender around June/July. But not just anyone...STL and Texas still favorites. Turned down a 1 year deal from Boston.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
So wait, Ichiro is 38 now? with nosediving numbers and going to bat cleanup? Wow? Must be pretty sad over there.... Getting ready to be trolled by Angels fans, somebody let them know a players prime is from age 24-32, how many years old do we think Pujols really is? Expect a career year from Beltran and watch the Cards go farther than the Angels. lol Anyone else get a letter to be a charter member of the MLB Insiders club? Supposedly i have a free blanket on the way among other things, $24 for two years. Joe Po talks 3000 hits http://joeposnanski.blogspot.com/2012/02/3000-hits.html 20th anniversary of "Homer at Bat" http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/blog_article/20th-anniversary-homer-at-the-bat/
JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JohnBean42

Sounds like Morneau is really considering retiring if it doesn't work this year. Sad news. But no surprise.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Master_Live
[QUOTE="X360PS3AMD05"] how many years old do we think Pujols really is?

That is bs, unless you have prove that Pujols is older than he says he is then you are just perpetuating unfounded gossip.
Major_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Major_Snake
Member since 2007 • 5271 Posts

Rangers will win it. 3rd times a charm!

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Master_Live
45 minute video, baseball Epic Moments Good video to get you in Spring Training mode.
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Oleg_Huzwog

Fearless 100% guaranteed feel-free-to-quote-me projection for this year: Alex Rodriguez will collect career RBI number 2,000 during the Yankee's three game series against the Blue Jays, Sep 18-20.

Actually, that's too vague. I gotta get more specific. It'll happen on September 19th, in the 6th inning, on a sacrifice fly, scoring Brett Gardner from 3rd.

JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JohnBean42

Fearless 100% guaranteed feel-free-to-quote-me projection for this year: Alex Rodriguez will collect career RBI number 2,000 during the Yankee's three game series against the Blue Jays, Sep 18-20.

Actually, that's too vague. I gotta get more specific. It'll happen on September 19th, in the 6th inning, on a sacrifice fly, scoring Brett Gardner from 3rd.

Oleg_Huzwog
Your prediction reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NoB5MJSZy4
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JML897
Oleg also lives in Seattle...he must be Mike Blowers.
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Master_Live
Super early -just-for-fun predictions. NYY/Sox/Tigers/Angels Phillies/Marlins/Brewers/D-backs
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#26 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
[QUOTE="Oleg_Huzwog"]

JohnBean42
Your prediction reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NoB5MJSZy4

Dave Niehaus was incredible, RIP.
Ring_of_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ring_of_fire

The Marlins will be an interesting case, they have the talent to compete of course, but in my opinion, they have too many questionable elements.

1) Can Josh Johnson and Jose Reyes stay healthy?

2) How will Hanley Ramirez handle moving to 3rd?

3) Will Carlos Zambrano blow up?

JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 JohnBean42
[QUOTE="Master_Live"]Super early -just-for-fun predictions. NYY/Sox/Tigers/Angels Phillies/Marlins/Brewers/D-backs

I'll go: NYY/Tigers/Angels WC: Texas/(if there is a second) Rays Phillies/Reds/D-Backs WC: Giants/Nats (again, if there is two...going on a limb here) I reserve the right to change:P
Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Namgis

[QUOTE="Master_Live"]Super early -just-for-fun predictions. NYY/Sox/Tigers/Angels Phillies/Marlins/Brewers/D-backsJohnBean42
I'll go: NYY/Tigers/Angels WC: Texas/(if there is a second) Rays Phillies/Reds/D-Backs WC: Giants/Nats (again, if there is two...going on a limb here) I reserve the right to change:P

NYY_Det_LAA_wc_Tex_Tor

Phi_Pitt_LA_wc_Mia_Ari

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

Super early -just-for-fun predictions. NYY/Sox/Tigers/Angels Phillies/Marlins/Brewers/D-backsMaster_Live

I'll go Sox/Yankees(WC)/Tigers/Rangers if there is another wild card added i'll take the Angels just edging the Rays. Then Phillies/Reds(WC)/Cardinals/Giants and if another WC is added i'll give it to the Braves.

Ring_of_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ring_of_fire
....the NLC is the worst division in baseball. Wildcard won't come from that division
JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JohnBean42

[QUOTE="JohnBean42"][QUOTE="Master_Live"]Super early -just-for-fun predictions. NYY/Sox/Tigers/Angels Phillies/Marlins/Brewers/D-backsNamgis

NYY_Det_LAA_wc_Tex_Tor

Phi_Pitt_LA_wc_Mia_Ari

Toronto? I'm a huge fan, as you know. I just think way to many things gotta go right for them to make it, and that rarely happens for them it seems, and I think TB and Boston are still better. I think they'll be hanging around in September though. God I hope you're right though.
Ring_of_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ring_of_fire
[QUOTE="Namgis"]

[QUOTE="JohnBean42"] I'll go: NYY/Tigers/Angels WC: Texas/(if there is a second) Rays Phillies/Reds/D-Backs WC: Giants/Nats (again, if there is two...going on a limb here) I reserve the right to change:PJohnBean42

NYY_Det_LAA_wc_Tex_Tor

Phi_Pitt_LA_wc_Mia_Ari

Toronto? I'm a huge fan, as you know. I just think way to many things gotta go right for them to make it, and that rarely happens for them it seems, and I think TB and Boston are still better. I think they'll be hanging around in September though. God I hope you're right though.

I, for one, am rooting for TB and TOR to be 1 and 2, mainly for the reaction of everyone when neither NYY or BOS are in the postseason. Predictions this early are just based on hype often. Miami doesn't deserve the hype they are getting (Though, they definitely can contend, just don't trust most of their key players staying healthy). Washington is a year away from being REAL good, so I don't think they'll contend this year, but will put up a fight. If the Braves are healthy, and Freddie finds another reliever he can trust/offense scores more runs, there's no reason for the Braves not to be the Wildcard favorites entering the season
Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Boston_Boyy

....the NLC is the worst division in baseball. Wildcard won't come from that divisionRing_of_fire
Well first the NL West says, sup? Plus I don't know though I could just really see the Reds being good this year, especially with Mat Latos anchoring that staff.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Master_Live

[QUOTE="Ring_of_fire"]....the NLC is the worst division in baseball. Wildcard won't come from that divisionBoston_Boyy

Well first the NL West says, sup?

Agreed.
Ring_of_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ring_of_fire
[QUOTE="Boston_Boyy"]

[QUOTE="Ring_of_fire"]....the NLC is the worst division in baseball. Wildcard won't come from that divisionMaster_Live

Well first the NL West says, sup?

Agreed.

The NLW Is better, slightly, than the NLC, even by virtue of not having the Astros
JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JohnBean42

....the NLC is the worst division in baseball. Wildcard won't come from that divisionRing_of_fire

I don't think it's THAT bad. Reds got better with Latos and still got a great offense, STL is still very good, and get Wainwright back,a huge boost, he's a legit #1 starter. He missed who all last year, and they won a WS without him...they should be better with him. Pujols will be missed, but still got a lot of fire power.

And the Brewers get a boost from Braun not being suspended, still got a great staff who now knows what it takes (especially a guy like Marcum who faltered down the stretch), a good offense. Everyone else is a sub-.500 team...so I guess that makes it bad. But you have 3 teams that have a chance to make the playoffs.

I don't think it will come out of the NLC, but I wouldn't write it off. 2 teams made it last year...

I personally think this year the ALC will be the worst. You got Detroit and then...is anyone else going to be over .500? I don't see it.

Ring_of_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ring_of_fire

[QUOTE="Ring_of_fire"]....the NLC is the worst division in baseball. Wildcard won't come from that divisionJohnBean42

I don't think it's THAT bad. Reds got better with Latos and still got a great offense, STL is still very good, and get Wainwright back,a huge boost, he's a legit #1 starter. He missed who all last year, and they won a WS without him...they should be better with him. Pujols will be missed, but still got a lot of fire power.

And the Brewers get a boost from Braun not being suspended, still got a great staff who now knows what it takes (especially a guy like Marcum who faltered down the stretch), a good offense. Everyone else is a sub-.500 team...so I guess that makes it bad. But you have 3 teams that have a chance to make the playoffs.

I don't think it will come out of the NLC, but I wouldn't write it off. 2 teams made it last year...

I personally think this year the ALC will be the worst. You got Detroit and then...is anyone else going to be over .500? I don't see it.

I probably am shortselling the NLC, but I don't think, as a whole, it is as good as the NLE, or NLW. (Definitely not the NLE). I'll retract my statement that the NLC is the worst, and agree that the ALC is.

the NLW, I feel, is still better overall. Personal opinions I guess.

I think the NLC got 2 teams in not due to the Card's ability (Not dismissing it), but the youth of the Braves bullpen and lack of offense all year was the main reason.

It will be interesting to see if the Braves can bounce back from September. They still have the best bullpen, on paper, in the NLE, but my concern is the offense. They say Heywards swing is back to his 2010 form, than 2011. The Braves, on paper, have a good lineup if they play to their career stats (assuming 2010 is the real Heyward, and Freeman will improve/maintain stats from last year (except for SS, which is a rookie.)), and the rotation is very underrated coming into the season.

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Namgis

Toronto? I'm a huge fan, as you know. I just think way to many things gotta go right for them to make it, and that rarely happens for them it seems, and I think TB and Boston are still better. I think they'll be hanging around in September though. God I hope you're right though.JohnBean42

I think they have a lot of talent and they might hang around to make a run at a wild card. With teams in the AL getting better, I think there will be a little more parody. There may not be one solid favorite anywhere, that's what has to go right for the Jays. If everyone is beating each other up, everyone has a shot. Cecil needs to have a better year, Lawrie should keep up his play, and Rasmus needs to just play the game. They have a great young core that needs to realize they can compete. When that happens, they'll be relevant again.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Master_Live

I don't see the Jays doing much, that would imply they beating 2 out of NYY/Sox/Rays or Tex/LAA all which look better on paper.

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Namgis

I don't see the Jays doing much, that would imply they beating 2 out of NYY/Sox/Rays or Tex/LAA all which look better on paper than them. Master_Live

True, but I don't think anyone will be running away with their divisions this season. That opens things up. Sure they may fizzle down the stretch, but they are young and may outlast the older teams. I think there's a 10% shot at them making it. They need better pitching. They were 6th in runs and 24th in era. They need to clean that up. The thing with teams improving is, a lot of the aces will be used on other 'contenders', so they may see more beatable hurlers.

Has anyone run a mock season with any games? With updated rosters of course. It will be interesting to see how close they come.

JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 JohnBean42

I don't see the Jays doing much, that would imply they beating 2 out of NYY/Sox/Rays or Tex/LAA all which look better on paper.

Master_Live
But we all saw last year that "on paper" doesn't always work out. You never know what happens, I agree what you said about the team though Namgis. Rasmus already seems to have a way better attitude, which helps. It's the pitching that has to be better outside of Romero. Much better. I think they can be a 90 win team which, sadly, probably won't get them in. But I think they'll hang around in Spetember. Play some meaningful baseball for once then.
Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Namgis

A.J Burnett struck in face with batted ball.

Link

Yikes. Hope there's no damage to his eye.

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Oleg_Huzwog

A.J Burnett struck in face with batted ball.

Link

Yikes. Hope there's no damage to his eye.

Namgis

"Batted" ball is a little misleading. It was a bunted ball... and he was the batter. He bunted the ball into his own face.

Unfortunate. Painful. Hope he's all right... but it sounds like his bunting technique is worse than most Little Leaguers. It should not be possible to bunt a ball into your own face with proper form. Either his face was way out over the plate, or his lower hand was too low (leaving the bat at too sharp of an angle).

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Namgis

"Batted" ball is a little misleading. It was a bunted ball... and he was the batter. He bunted the ball into his own face.

Unfortunate. Painful. Hope he's all right... but it sounds like his bunting technique is worse than most Little Leaguers. It should not be possible to bunt a ball into your own face with proper form. Either his face was way out over the plate, or his lower hand was too low (leaving the bat at too sharp of an angle).

Oleg_Huzwog

True enough. I played with a kid who did something similar. Lost 2 teeth.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#46 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
The ALE and NLE are the best divisions in baseball.Ring_of_fire
Suuurreee, i wonder how much the media has to do with these opinions. Give me the Spankees, Tiggers, Rangers, Angels Braves, Cardinals, Dbacks, Phils
it will also be interesting to see how Miami's new ballpark plays. Ring_of_fire
Hopefully like a real ballpark, BOOOOO the Mets! Bringing in the fences like everyone said they would, fact is it's about the same dimensions as Shea, weak hitters just love to cry and blame the stadium for their suckitude. A HR should be a real mans HR. http://joeposnanski.blogspot.com/2012/02/first-argument-of-spring.html Joe Po talks about stadiums and player perceptions because of them.......reminds me of Michael Young, possibly the most overrated player in baseball? Be careful people, expanded postseason means your sucky GM might keep his job longer than they should. "Bu bu bu i made teh playofffzz" I like how Bobby V took a shot at Jeter and his "flip play" lol
JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 JohnBean42

Sounds like the MLB are very close to adding the extra wild card for this season. It'll be a 1 game sudden death.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7630682/mlb-union-close-finalizing-expanded-playoffs

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 JML897
Ugh.
Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Boston_Boyy

Sounds like the MLB are very close to adding the extra wild card for this season. It'll be a 1 game sudden death.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7630682/mlb-union-close-finalizing-expanded-playoffs

JohnBean42

Not a fan, but at least they're doing the one game sudden death thing.

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Oleg_Huzwog

I don't like the idea of diluting the playoffs, but I do like the idea of giving greater importance to winning your division.