Raptors vs. Nets = Pens vs. Sens?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

A team brimming with youthful but inexperienced talent going up against a team stacked with all-star veterans sounds all too familiar. The Raptors are my favourite team but I think many fans around here are nuts thinking this will be an easy series. I'll still be cheering for them to win this, but after seeing Pittsburgh, coming off a similar season, fall so easily to the Ottawa (NHL playoffs), I'm beginning to think it's quite possible we'll see a similar outcome here. :(

Who do you think will win this?

Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts
I'm a Nets fan myself, so me picking the Nets to win this series might not come to a shock. It's not that I don't think the Raptors are a good team because I think they're solid, but I just thave this feeling that Vince is going to breakout big in this series, especially since he'll be making his return to Toronto. And besides, who's going to guard Carter? :P
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
I think it could go either way. I'm pulling for the Nets, as I can't stand the Raptors. I think the Nets expierience will help them in the end.
vinsanity4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 vinsanity4
Member since 2005 • 552 Posts
i'm a huge Raptors fan so of course i'm gonna say the Raps are going to win. but it will be a tough series i'm predicting 6 or 7 games. it's going to be fun watching Bosh dismantle New Jersey's big guys!!!
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts
Nets in 7 baby
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ngamer05

i'm a huge Raptors fan so of course i'm gonna say the Raps are going to win. but it will be a tough series i'm predicting 6 or 7 games. it's going to be fun watching Bosh dismantle New Jersey's big guys!!!vinsanity4

And it will be even better to watch Vince shoot over and over again on Parker and whoever else they throw Vince's way...

stewart24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 stewart24
Member since 2004 • 660 Posts
Lets go with Raptors in 6.  Lets hope its a good seriers.
viberooni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 viberooni
Member since 2003 • 1396 Posts
I hate the Nets and love this Raptors team but know all too well just how much experience matters in a playoff series. The Nets know how to get it done this time of year and they aren't over the hill quite yet. It'll be interesting no doubt, I'll pick the Raptors in 6 just because I think they're the more talented team and no one on the Nets can stop Bosh inside but there's a chance they crumble under the pressue and get swept as well.
vinsanity4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 vinsanity4

[QUOTE="vinsanity4"]i'm a huge Raptors fan so of course i'm gonna say the Raps are going to win. but it will be a tough series i'm predicting 6 or 7 games. it's going to be fun watching Bosh dismantle New Jersey's big guys!!!Ngamer05

And it will be even better to watch Vince shoot over and over again on Parker and whoever else they throw Vince's way...

jumpshots won't save vince he needs to drive the lane, but we know that happen since he prefers sitting on the perimeter jacking up 3's.

Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ngamer05
[QUOTE="Ngamer05"]

[QUOTE="vinsanity4"]i'm a huge Raptors fan so of course i'm gonna say the Raps are going to win. but it will be a tough series i'm predicting 6 or 7 games. it's going to be fun watching Bosh dismantle New Jersey's big guys!!!vinsanity4

jumpshots won't save vince he needs to drive the lane, but we know that happen since he prefers sitting on the perimeter jacking up 3's.

Don't worry about Vince making perimeter shots, the guy has been on FIRE ;)

pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 pundog
Member since 2006 • 4491 Posts
[QUOTE="vinsanity4"][QUOTE="Ngamer05"]

[QUOTE="vinsanity4"]i'm a huge Raptors fan so of course i'm gonna say the Raps are going to win. but it will be a tough series i'm predicting 6 or 7 games. it's going to be fun watching Bosh dismantle New Jersey's big guys!!!Ngamer05

Yeah but Wince hasn't played well in Toronto this year at all. That and Parker, Mo Pete and Joey Graham are all pretty good defenders. As for the inexperience, its not as big a deal as it was for the Pens. Everyone on the raptors have either competed internationally, in the NBA or NCAA. The top 4 players on the Pens (Crosby, Staal, Malkin and Fleury) never even went to college and other than Malkin had most of their experience in the CHL, which is hardly good preperation for the pros. 

I'm going with Raptors in 5, normally I would have gone with Raptors in 7 but the way Chris Bosh is acting in interviews right now has me scared of what he's going to do to the Nets.

vinsanity4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 vinsanity4
[QUOTE="vinsanity4"][QUOTE="Ngamer05"]

I won't worry about Vince taking 3's, i rather have him do that than drive the ball. Anyways it sounds like Bosh is ready to take on the Nets in his interviews so I think you should be more worried.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

I'm more worried about containing Nachbar (sp?) than Vince based on the way he's been shooting the ball.

NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NetYankEagle

I'm more worried about containing Nachbar (sp?) than Vince based on the way he's been shooting the ball.

UssjTrunks
true that you leave nachbar open ya done son
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ngamer05
[QUOTE="Ngamer05"][QUOTE="vinsanity4"][QUOTE="Ngamer05"]

[QUOTE="vinsanity4"]i'm a huge Raptors fan so of course i'm gonna say the Raps are going to win. but it will be a tough series i'm predicting 6 or 7 games. it's going to be fun watching Bosh dismantle New Jersey's big guys!!!vinsanity4

I won't worry about Vince taking 3's, i rather have him do that than drive the ball. Anyways it sounds like Bosh is ready to take on the Nets in his interviews so I think you should be more worried.

Are you watching the game right now? :shock: 

vinsanity4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 vinsanity4
[QUOTE="vinsanity4"][QUOTE="Ngamer05"][QUOTE="vinsanity4"][QUOTE="Ngamer05"]

ya i saw it, Jefferson and Kidd played great, but I think if the Raps didn't make as many turnovers as they did they could've won the game. 

EnergyAbsorber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 EnergyAbsorber
Member since 2005 • 5112 Posts
 Vince Carter played like crap and the Nets still won. It will be interesting to see if he bounces back and has a big game in Game 2. I really like their rookie Josh Boone. His rebounding and defense will be key. And he also sets a good pick. That pick and roll was deadly against the Bulls in the last regular season game.
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ngamer05
[QUOTE="Ngamer05"][QUOTE="vinsanity4"][QUOTE="Ngamer05"][QUOTE="vinsanity4"][QUOTE="Ngamer05"]

ya i saw it, Jefferson and Kidd played great, but I think if the Raps didn't make as many turnovers as they did they could've won the game. 

A loss is a loss...:roll:

dru26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dru26
Member since 2005 • 5505 Posts
Personally I find the Nets and Ason Kidd to be the most overrated bunch of bums around. Hopefully the Raps show up for game 2.
pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 pundog
Personally I find the Nets and Ason Kidd to be the most overrated bunch of bums around. Hopefully the Raps show up for game 2.dru26
I think they will. They clearly started playing like they did during the season in the 4th quarter, I think alot of it was just getting their playoff cherries popped. Now they know what the atmosphere is like and what they have to do.
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NetYankEagle
every raps fan is happy that they almost made a comeback..well what team hasnt almost made a comeback against the nets they cant close out a game but yet they win it. Carter played like ass last game if he plays like Carter next game then series over.
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ngamer05

Personally I find the Nets and Ason Kidd to be the most overrated bunch of bums around.dru26

:lol: Yet, that "overrated" duo had a horrible game and their team still managed to beat the Raps.

I look for the Nets to end this Cinderella story in 5 or 6 games...

vinsanity4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 vinsanity4

[QUOTE="dru26"]Personally I find the Nets and Ason Kidd to be the most overrated bunch of bums around.Ngamer05

:lol: Yet, that "overrated" duo had a horrible game and their team still managed to beat the Raps.

I look for the Nets to end this Cinderella story in 5 or 6 games...

no that duo had a great game, Kidd almost had a triple double and Jefferson had 28 points. it was the Raptors that had a bad game and almost won. 

pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 pundog
Yeah the nets played pretty well (everyone except Carter), it was the raptors sucking. The raps starters better pick up the pace or Sam might put Pape Sow and Slokar in the starting lineup as a wake up call. Although I'm all for putting Sow in, that guys the greatest.
360wishlist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 360wishlist
Member since 2006 • 331 Posts
That stadium was crazy loud!!!
EmanSolid117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 EmanSolid117
Member since 2006 • 952 Posts

(Personally I find the Nets and Ason Kidd to be the most overrated bunch of bums around. Hopefully the Raps show up for game 2.)

Come on wit dat BS homey, they got what it takes to win the series.

juicetino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#27 juicetino
Member since 2005 • 17873 Posts
I gotta go with Toronto on this one. They have way too much talent.
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NetYankEagle
supposdly there only showing this gam eon nba tv so if you don thave the channel you cant see the game.
Avatar image for GEARSpartan0415
GEARSpartan0415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 GEARSpartan0415
Member since 2006 • 403 Posts

Personally I find the Nets and Ason Kidd to be the most overrated bunch of bums around. Hopefully the Raps show up for game 2.dru26

I'm a Net fan and how can you say they're overrated?  No one thinks they have a chance of beating the Cavaliers (after they easily beat the most overrated team in the NBA the Toronto Raptors) and they do have a legitimate (tell me if I spelled that one correct or wrong) chance of winning and even beating whoever they meet in the conference finals.

Avatar image for GEARSpartan0415
GEARSpartan0415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 GEARSpartan0415
Member since 2006 • 403 Posts

[QUOTE="dru26"]Personally I find the Nets and Ason Kidd to be the most overrated bunch of bums around.Ngamer05

:lol: Yet, that "overrated" duo had a horrible game and their team still managed to beat the Raps.

I look for the Nets to end this Cinderella story in 5 or 6 games...

boo ya (lol)  thats someone that knows about basketball

pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 pundog

[QUOTE="dru26"]Personally I find the Nets and Ason Kidd to be the most overrated bunch of bums around. Hopefully the Raps show up for game 2.GEARSpartan0415

I'm a Net fan and how can you say they're overrated?  No one thinks they have a chance of beating the Cavaliers (after they easily beat the most overrated team in the NBA the Toronto Raptors) and they do have a legitimate (tell me if I spelled that one correct or wrong) chance of winning and even beating whoever they meet in the conference finals.

"overated"? I think someones a little jelous a rebuilding team whose coach was rated the worst in the league last year just won the division. Game 1 was the worst I've seen the raptors play all year, and the nets almost let them come back. Considering there were a grand total of 2 players on the team with NBA playoff experience and no one could have predicted the ACC would be that loud and its pretty fair to say game 1 was all about the playoff jitters, now that the raps know what to expect and the raps are taking the series in 6.
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 NetYankEagle
36-33 at half...
Avatar image for marchmadness1012
marchmadness1012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 marchmadness1012
Member since 2003 • 3122 Posts

raptors win! raptors win!

excellent game all around..the excitement was non-stop.

Carter sucked it up again, and Jefferson was held in check in the first half.

Bosh's block on Carter in the 4th was disgusting.

that game was more like the Raptors of the season.

pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 pundog

marchmadness1012
I hope all the NJ fans are getting a good look at the real Carter, all fadeaway jumpers and no effort, good stuff. Raps played better, but they still aren't playing as well as the they did during the season.
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 NetYankEagle
[QUOTE="marchmadness1012"]

pundog
I hope all the NJ fans are getting a good look at the real Carter, all fadeaway jumpers and no effort, good stuff. Raps played better, but they still aren't playing as well as the they did during the season.

I guees todays Carter was hell of a fake dude
EnergyAbsorber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 EnergyAbsorber
Jason Kidd with 16 points, 16 rebounds, and 19 assists in Game 3's victory. Thats his 10th Triple Double in the Post Season.
EnergyAbsorber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 EnergyAbsorber
Ouch, what happened to the Raptors? I mean, I picked the Nets to win the series but I thought it would be a closer series than this. The Raptors have been getting destroyed. And there defense has been terrible. The leader Chris Bosh has to step up in this series. He needs to snap out of it and stop thinking about "wow, I cant believe how physical and agressive the playoffs are".
pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 pundog
Ouch, what happened to the Raptors? I mean, I picked the Nets to win the series but I thought it would be a closer series than this. The Raptors have been getting destroyed. And there defense has been terrible. The leader Chris Bosh has to step up in this series. He needs to snap out of it and stop thinking about "wow, I cant believe how physical and agressive the playoffs are". EnergyAbsorber
Yeah Bosh has been a dissapointment, but then again so has most of the team. They do play well at home though so I wouldn't count them out yet, as long as Mitchell and the vets can whip the team into shape for the next game I think they could still win the series. Besides, in retrospect just being above .500 this season would have exceeded my expetations. I mean if all those rookies and sophs can put up the numbers they are now I can't wait to see this team in a year or two. At least I get one more game of Vince bombing infront of 20,000+ at the ACC.
EnergyAbsorber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 EnergyAbsorber
Nachbar had a chance to end the series with a wide open game winning 3-pointer but he bricked it. He has been struggling with the 3-point shot in this series. Game 6 is going to be huge. The question  now is, Can the Raptors win a game in this series at New Jersey? If so than the momentum will defnitely go back in their favor of the Raptors heading into Game 7 at Toronto. But unfortunately TJ Ford got hurt (im not sure how bad it is but hopefully he will be able to play in Game 6). But the back-up PG for Toronto has been playing much better in this series anyways so it might be a blessing in disguise.
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 NetYankEagle
Nachbar had a chance to end the series with a wide open game winning 3-pointer but he bricked it. He has been struggling with the 3-point shot in this series. Game 6 is going to be huge. The question now is, Can the Raptors win a game in this series at New Jersey? If so than the momentum will defnitely go back in their favor of the Raptors heading into Game 7 at Toronto. But unfortunately TJ Ford got hurt (im not sure how bad it is but hopefully he will be able to play in Game 6). But the back-up PG for Toronto has been playing much better in this series anyways so it might be a blessing in disguise.EnergyAbsorber
Nachbar has not struggled from 3 this series it was this certain game.
silky_smooth8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 silky_smooth8
Member since 2003 • 3659 Posts
nets win the next game. Bosh has been a huge disappointment in the post season so far
pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 pundog
nets win the next game. Bosh has been a huge disappointment in the post season so farsilky_smooth8
Part of it is he's getting some rediculous calls against him so he's been riding the pine trying to stay out of foul trouble but I do expect better from him though. There really hasn't been a consistently good raptor the entire series, everyone has sucked it bigtime one game or another. Although when you have 3 players with NBA playoff experience thats to be expected.