Patriots will go two straight seasons undefeated

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ScoopyMcScoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ScoopyMcScoop
Member since 2005 • 1191 Posts
Why won't they? San Frans pick and Bill Belichick at the helm... What's stopping this team from REALLY making some history...?
gatorforlife07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 gatorforlife07
Member since 2007 • 1098 Posts
I think it's a littile early to be saying that but the might
-AK47-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 -AK47-
Member since 2007 • 3277 Posts
Your right nothing is stopping them. That doesn't mean they'll go undefeated for 2 straight seasons though.
SegArgyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SegArgyle
Member since 2004 • 2371 Posts
dream on alice
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 manningbowl135
Member since 2006 • 7457 Posts
What's stopping the Colts from a perfect year next year?
GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#6 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts
It's way too early to make this prediction. Hell, this season isn't even over yet.
D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts
As a Pats fan, I don't think so.
Bobert66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Bobert66
Member since 2007 • 224 Posts

They will not go two straight seasons, they have the talent, no denying that, but they can be beaten and it will be either the Cowboys in the Super Bowlor Chargers in a playoff gameto do it.

darksword1123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 darksword1123
Member since 2004 • 30121 Posts
I doubt it....they'll probably have a game they lose at least once.
HurricaneHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 HurricaneHugo
Member since 2002 • 40807 Posts
Nope, they're going to play in San Diego.:D
twopic58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 twopic58
Member since 2007 • 3710 Posts
They won't go undefeated two years in a row. And plus, this season is not over yet.
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Just_Osmo
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts
Let's get ONE 19-0 Season under the belt before we claim 38-0.
Masterhalo16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Masterhalo16
Member since 2007 • 134 Posts
What's stopping the Colts from a perfect year next year?manningbowl135
Not being as good as the patriots
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 manningbowl135

[QUOTE="manningbowl135"]What's stopping the Colts from a perfect year next year?Masterhalo16
Not being as good as the patriots

We'll see who's the best this year in the playoffs in about 4 weeks. You have no idea who'll be better next year.

darkblaze93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 darkblaze93
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

The patriots got great chemistry and as long as Brady is on the team Moss will stay too.

SoTheyhaveaprettygoodchanceofgoingtwoseasonsundefeated.+Theyaremyfavouriteteam=-D!

GOPATRIOTS!

Tking1293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#16 Tking1293
Member since 2006 • 1222 Posts
What's stopping the Colts from a perfect year next year?manningbowl135
Exactly. People seem to forget that Indy went 13-0 in 2005, and 11-2 last year. Plus, the Patriots only beat Indy this year by four points, and Marvin Harrison and a lot of other people weren't able to play. I'm going to LMAO if the Colts beat the Patriots in the playofs this year, because then the undefeated regular season thing won't mean anything at all except something in the books.
D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 D3s7rUc71oN

[QUOTE="manningbowl135"]What's stopping the Colts from a perfect year next year?Tking1293
Exactly. People seem to forget that Indy went 13-0 in 2005, and 11-2 last year. Plus, the Patriots only beat Indy this year by four points, and Marvin Harrison and a lot of other people weren't able to play. I'm going to LMAO if the Colts beat the Patriots in the playofs this year, because then the undefeated regular season thing won't mean anything at all except something in the books.

Uh, does it matter by how many pts the Pats beat the Colts? What about the Colts pulling off a miracle in last year's AFC Championship game that had key NE players injured in that game, a few bad refs call that were crucial in that game, and a drop passes that were easily catchable? A win is a win. The only notable player missing in the November game was Marvin Harrison. Not to mentionBrady and the offensedidn't play that well that afternoon (100+yds of penalties, 2 INT).

Now let's say if they meet again in the AFC Championship game this year, and your Colts lost. Are Colts fans going to use the excuse that "Freeney wasn't in the game, if not we woul've won" excuse? I can see it already, The Pats players don't use the injury said player excuse as to why they lost the game like some other teams like to pull off.

Tking1293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#18 Tking1293
Member since 2006 • 1222 Posts

[QUOTE="Tking1293"][QUOTE="manningbowl135"]What's stopping the Colts from a perfect year next year?D3s7rUc71oN

Uh, does it matter by how many pts the Pats beat the Colts? What about the Colts pulling off a miracle in last year's AFC Championship game that had key NE players injured in that game, a few bad refs call that were crucial in that game, and a drop passes that were easily catchable? A win is a win. The only notable player missing in the November game was Marvin Harrison. Not to mentionBrady and the offensedidn't play that well that afternoon (100+yds of penalties, 2 INT).

Now let's say if they meet again in the AFC Championship game this year, and your Colts lost. Are Colts fans going to use the excuse that "Freeney wasn't in the game, if not we woul've won" excuse? I can see it already, The Pats players don't use the injury said player excuse as to why they lost the game like some other teams like to pull off.

Finally a guy that can use facts to debate well. The whole penalty thing could have been avoided, if people had paid more attention to what they were doing. Marvin Harrison may have been the most major of all of the injuries, but others were too like the receivers meant to replace him. They more and more went out till we had like 3rd or 4th stringers in. Your also forgetting Dallas Clark. But anyway, the interceptions could have also been avoided if the Patriots had any sort of a running game. Belichek and his staff relay too heavily on the pass which can lead to defenses anticipating it. And if the Colts do lose this year, people might use the whole "Freeny wasn't in" thing to explain it but everyone will already know its becuase of the location. I'll be one of the first to admit that the Colts probably wouldn't have won in Foxbourough last year.
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 manningbowl135

[QUOTE="Tking1293"][QUOTE="manningbowl135"]What's stopping the Colts from a perfect year next year?D3s7rUc71oN

The simple thing is, the only thing stopping these two teams from a perfect season next year, from what we know right now and setting aside the every sunday everyone has a shot thing, is each other. And judging from the close game they played this year, any game they play next year can easily go either way and it wouldn't shock anybody if either of them win. So the only thing on the Patriots way to perfection next year is the Colts, and vice-versa.

Barring injuries of course.

D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 D3s7rUc71oN
[QUOTE="D3s7rUc71oN"]

[QUOTE="Tking1293"][QUOTE="manningbowl135"]What's stopping the Colts from a perfect year next year?Tking1293

Finally a guy that can use facts to debate well. The whole penalty thing could have been avoided, if people had paid more attention to what they were doing. Marvin Harrison may have been the most major of all of the injuries, but others were too like the receivers meant to replace him. They more and more went out till we had like 3rd or 4th stringers in. Your also forgetting Dallas Clark. But anyway, the interceptions could have also been avoided if the Patriots had any sort of a running game. Belichek and his staff relay too heavily on the pass which can lead to defenses anticipating it. And if the Colts do lose this year, people might use the whole "Freeny wasn't in" thing to explain it but everyone will already know its becuase of the location. I'll be one of the first to admit that the Colts probably wouldn't have won in Foxbourough last year.

Penalties was due to crowd noise, not using it as an excuse, but you rarely see any team end up a game with 100+ yds penalty, just pointing that out. Correct me if I'm wrong but I could've sworn Dallas Clark played in their Nov. 4th meeting (I was referring about that game in the notable injury regarding Harrison)

As for the passes being dropped that was regarding the AFC championship game last season, well it was to be expected with the crappy receivers Brady had (Damn you Reche Caldwell). The Colts are a much better team than the last 3-4 years due to their much improved defense, that's why Pats-Colts games come down to the final buzzer. As you may know Colts had a great offense, but bad defense; it seems they figured out what was wrong :o

D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 D3s7rUc71oN
[QUOTE="D3s7rUc71oN"]

[QUOTE="Tking1293"][QUOTE="manningbowl135"]What's stopping the Colts from a perfect year next year?manningbowl135

The simple thing is, the only thing stopping these two teams from a perfect season next year, from what we know right now and setting aside the every sunday everyone has a shot thing, is each other. And judging from the close game they played this year, any game they play next year can easily go either way and it wouldn't shock anybody if either of them win. So the only thing on the Patriots way to perfection next year is the Colts, and vice-versa.

Barring injuries of course.

Yeah, but a perfect season is not that simple it requires a little bit of luck y'know (see Ravens game) :wink: The Colts been close to a perfect season, though it will be harder for them to pull off due to the division they're in right now and look out for the Jags, Garrard looks solid.

fudger2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#22 fudger2
Member since 2004 • 2315 Posts
the only way that will happen is if they get another easy schedule. I think the pats only had 4 games they might lose this year. 4!!Pittsburgh, the soon to be AFC Champ colts, the chargers and the soon to be NFC Champs my cowboys. So unless they get an easy schedule no way they go undefeated.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Lets see, free agency, the draft, players getting better, trades, players retiring, anything can happen next season.
Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts
That defense isn't getting any younger..
SegArgyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SegArgyle
Member since 2004 • 2371 Posts

I used to like the patriots but now I dispise them, cuz suddenly they have alot of fans, when I started watching football way back in 79 you couldnt buy a patsies fan, and it was that way all the way up until maybe 96, which makes their fans nothing but fairweather lets see where they are at when they lose everyone to free agency and old age and go back to sucking again for awhile lets see what jersey your wearing then

fairweather team

HurricaneHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 HurricaneHugo
Member since 2002 • 40807 Posts

[QUOTE="manningbowl135"]What's stopping the Colts from a perfect year next year?Tking1293

Who stopped the 2005 Colts?

Same team that will stop the Patriots in the AFC Championship.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Just_Osmo

I used to like the patriots but now I dispise them, cuz suddenly they have alot of fans, when I started watching football way back in 79 you couldnt buy a patsies fan, and it was that way all the way up until maybe 96, which makes their fans nothing but fairweather lets see where they are at when they lose everyone to free agency and old age and go back to sucking again for awhile lets see what jersey your wearing then

fairweather team

SegArgyle

Remember people BORN in 1990 are just turning 17/18 and have never known anything but the patriots they know today. Can't call people fairweather fans if they have never known anything but these pats.

Dreski83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#28 Dreski83
Member since 2003 • 1104 Posts
history is a wonderful subject, but dreaming about undefeated season(s) is a bit much to hope for when anything can happen in the playoffs...
dcowboys3315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dcowboys3315
Member since 2004 • 3044 Posts

Why won't they? San Frans pick and Bill Belichick at the helm... What's stopping this team from REALLY making some history...?ScoopyMcScoop

two straight regular seasons or full seasons? there is no way they will go 2 full seasons without a loss especially since it seems like they r coming back down to earth and at least look beatable now. and i can't see them goin undefeated in the regular season anyway.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Just_Osmo

[QUOTE="ScoopyMcScoop"]Why won't they? San Frans pick and Bill Belichick at the helm... What's stopping this team from REALLY making some history...?dcowboys3315

Some people used to say you couldnt go undefeated in one season anymore with the salary cap. They did it anyways. Whos to say they wont do it again? The begining of the season was when theyw ere well rested. teams always tend to do better weeks 1-8 then 8+

two straight regular seasons or full seasons? there is no way they will go 2 full seasons without a loss especially since it seems like they r coming back down to earth and at least look beatable now. and i can't see them goin undefeated in the regular season anyway.

Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts
Even as a diehard Pat's fan, saying they'll go 16-0 next year is too much of a stretch for me.
Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#32 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts

fairweather team

SegArgyle

I'm sorry if I was six years old in 96... I'm sorry if wasn't alive in 79... I'm sorry if I was still a fan when they went 5-11 in Belicheck's first year, and I'm also sorry that you despise a team because of the amount of fans it has. I hope you feel better.