Official NFL 2013 Season topic

This topic is locked from further discussion.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#151 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"] Oh stop. Gabbert has the same putrid completion percentage that Tebow does, without the 2:1 TD to INT ratio and rushing ability that Tebow has. I really don't want to get into a Tebow debate, but saying that Blaine Gabbert is a better quarterback is totally absurd. I've never seen a quarterback who is scared of the game like Gabbert, can't win with that.monkeytoes61

Any quarterback that knows how to step back into the pocket and throw is better than Tebow.  I don't know if there's ever been an NFL QB with a worse throwing motion.  I think I said before Tebow was traded that I would have loved to see him go to Jacksonville when everybody was speculating that was going to happen.  That still stands, I would love to see Tebow work with what's there in Jacksonville right now.

So Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus Russell were better quarterbacks?

You're now resorting to comparing Tebow to Leaf and Russell, I rest my case.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#152 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"][QUOTE="theone86"]

Gabbert>Tebow.

theone86

Oh stop. Gabbert has the same putrid completion percentage that Tebow does, without the 2:1 TD to INT ratio and rushing ability that Tebow has. I really don't want to get into a Tebow debate, but saying that Blaine Gabbert is a better quarterback is totally absurd. I've never seen a quarterback who is scared of the game like Gabbert, can't win with that.

Any quarterback that knows how to step back into the pocket and throw is better than Tebow.  I don't know if there's ever been an NFL QB with a worse throwing motion.  I think I said before Tebow was traded that I would have loved to see him go to Jacksonville when everybody was speculating that was going to happen.  That still stands, I would love to see Tebow work with what's there in Jacksonville right now.

Tebow would start for the Jags because of his running ability alone. And since when did Gabbert ever have the ability to throw a football? They should be starting Henne. He at least has some playmaking ability.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50544 Posts

Gabbert>Tebow.

theone86

Oh stop. Gabbert has the same putrid completion percentage that Tebow does, without the 2:1 TD to INT ratio and rushing ability that Tebow has. I really don't want to get into a Tebow debate, but saying that Blaine Gabbert is a better quarterback is totally absurd. I've never seen a quarterback who is scared of the game like Gabbert, can't win with that.

Phillip Rivers has just as bad throwing motion.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#154 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Gabbert>Tebow.

theone86

Problem is, Gabbert doesn't know how to throw the football. The man will throw 30 times in a game and have something like 120 yards passing. He's terrible. I mean I have to root for him because he's the only thing we have right now, but he sucks ass. I just hope he's not a total embarassment this year.

And my mission has been accomplished. I can't believe there have been more than 3 consecutive posts pertaining to the Jaguars :lol:

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#155 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

So why can't Tebow be a running back or full back again? You can still lead even in that position.

As to who iks better, at least Tebow doesn't throw INTs. He throws it to the ground. :P

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

So why can't Tebow be a running back or full back again? You can still lead even in that position.

Seabas989

It wouldn't hurt to try I guess but he's never really played running back. There's a big difference between "mobile QB" and "RB". He would have to learn a lot.

I know this isn't a perfectly even comparison but look at Devin Hester. His time at WR was mostly a failure because he never played WR before and he didn't know what the f*ck he was doing half the time. Tebow would have to learn how to run routes, how to pick up blocks, how to have good field vision/read his blockers, etc...all things he's never really done before.

All that and there's no guarantee that Tebow would be a particularly great running back even if he picked up on those things relatively quickly. I'd rather take my chances with a guy who has been a running back forever because it'd be less of a project.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Seabas989

[QUOTE="Seabas989"]

JML897

It wouldn't hurt to try I guess but he's never really played running back. There's a big difference between "mobile QB" and "RB". He would have to learn a lot.

I know this isn't a perfectly even comparison but look at Devin Hester. His time at WR was mostly a failure because he never played WR before and he didn't know what the f*ck he was doing half the time. Tebow would have to learn how to run routes, how to pick up blocks, how to have good field vision/read his blockers, etc...all things he's never really done before.

All that and there's no guarantee that Tebow would be a particularly great running back even if he picked up on those things relatively quickly. I'd rather take my chances with a guy who has been a running back forever because it'd be less of a project.

It's a better suggestion then people thinking he should be a TE.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#158 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

As to who iks better, at least Tebow doesn't throw INTs. He throws it to the ground. :P

Seabas989

If Tebow wanted to be a RB he would be cut by the Pats. Don't think he wants that.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#159 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts

theone86

So Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus Russell were better quarterbacks?

I'm trying to understand where you are coming from, because I don't get it. It wasn't tongue in cheek, it was a serious question. I'm not comparing them, clearly I think Tebow is far superior to either of those guys.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 JML897

Saying Tebow is better than those two is just saying "he's better than two of the biggest failures in NFL history". Congrats?

Edit: Oh wait, I see you were responding specifically to the "any QB who can step back in the pocket and throw is better" comment. Missed that the first time.

CreatureRising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#161 CreatureRising
Member since 2006 • 1541 Posts

[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"] So Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus Russell were better quarterbacks?monkeytoes61

I'm trying to understand where you are coming from, because I don't get it. It wasn't tongue in cheek, it was a serious question. I'm not comparing them, clearly I think Tebow is far superior to either of those guys.

So he isn't the WORST ever?  Personally I feel he deserves a high five for that achievement.  

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
are you guys doing an NFL Pick 'Em?
Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Swanogt19
Member since 2008 • 24159 Posts
I think I set up a Pick'em last year via yahoo. Monkeytoes did fantasy for us here the last two years.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
dont know why, but i just find it so tough to care about football at all right now. not just cuz its preseason, either. i just dont care....=/
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Chutebox

dont know why, but i just find it so tough to care about football at all right now. not just cuz its preseason, either. i just dont care....=/starwarsjunky
You need to go check your estrogen levels, stat.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 starwarsjunky

[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"]dont know why, but i just find it so tough to care about football at all right now. not just cuz its preseason, either. i just dont care....=/Chutebox

You need to go check your estrogen levels, stat.

i love football, so i just don't get it. its just weird....
Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Put_in_Kitna
Member since 2009 • 2765 Posts

dont know why, but i just find it so tough to care about football at all right now. not just cuz its preseason, either. i just dont care....=/starwarsjunky

Are you an Egal fan? Would make sense. 

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 starwarsjunky

[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"]dont know why, but i just find it so tough to care about football at all right now. not just cuz its preseason, either. i just dont care....=/Put_in_Kitna

hell no lol
Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Swanogt19
Member since 2008 • 24159 Posts

[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"]dont know why, but i just find it so tough to care about football at all right now. not just cuz its preseason, either. i just dont care....=/Put_in_Kitna

:lol:
Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Put_in_Kitna

Travis Johnson (some bust Texan) tries to talk shit about Romo. Instead gets gaped himself. 360 defend your boy here.

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"] Oh stop. Gabbert has the same putrid completion percentage that Tebow does, without the 2:1 TD to INT ratio and rushing ability that Tebow has. I really don't want to get into a Tebow debate, but saying that Blaine Gabbert is a better quarterback is totally absurd. I've never seen a quarterback who is scared of the game like Gabbert, can't win with that.The-Apostle

Tebow would start for the Jags because of his running ability alone. And since when did Gabbert ever have the ability to throw a football? They should be starting Henne. He at least has some playmaking ability.

Denard>>Tebow at QB
Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts

Travis Johnson (some bust Texan) tries to talk shit about Romo. Instead gets gaped himself. 360 defend your boy here.

Put_in_Kitna
:lol: What a moron.
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 monkeytoes61
I was working at McDonald's today and Richard Sherman came through my drive thru. Pretty sweet.
Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#174 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

I was working at McDonald's today and Richard Sherman came through my drive thru. Pretty sweet.monkeytoes61
Did you tell him he shouldn't be eating at McDonalds?

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 monkeytoes61

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]I was working at McDonald's today and Richard Sherman came through my drive thru. Pretty sweet.sherman-tank1

Did you tell him he shouldn't be eating at McDonalds?

He can eat whatever the hell he wants, as long as he continues his play from last year, haha.
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 The-Apostle

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"][QUOTE="theone86"]

DaBrainz

Denard>>Tebow at QB

You mean Denard Robinson?

EDIT: Wow... He does pretting much everything offense but block. If they don't TRY to have him replace Gabbert I'm gonna laugh so hard...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9281248/denard-robinson-jacksonville-jaguars-runs-some-plays-qb-spot

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 The-Apostle

Put_in_Kitna
Romo is second in Cowboys history in passing yards, first in touchdown passes and first in quarterback rating. And Dallas has had a better winning percentage with Romo as a starter than it did with Troy Aikman (Aikman's winning percentage as a starter was .569, Romo's is .591, and let's just agree that Aikman had a wee bit more talent around him).
"Hasn't earned a dollar," he says. Yeah... And I'm gonna cheer for da Bears this season... >_>
Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Put_in_Kitna

I was working at McDonald's today and Richard Sherman came through my drive thru. Pretty sweet.monkeytoes61

Did you tell him Skip owns him?

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 The-Apostle

Put_in_Kitna
I bookmarked this for future reference next time someone decides to bash Romo.
Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Put_in_Kitna

Top 5 most valuable teams right now. 

1. Cowboys $2.3 Billion
2. Patriots $1.8 Billion
3. Skins $1.7 Billion
4. Giants $1.55 Billion
5. Texans $1.45 Billion

No surprise for top 4, a bit impressed at Texans for the amount of time.

Raiders are in last place worth $825 million, even the Jags are worth more than Oakland. :lol:

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 The-Apostle

1. Cowboys $2.3 Billion
2. Patriots $1.8 Billion
3. Skins $1.7 Billion
4. Giants $1.55 Billion
5. Texans $1.45 Billion

Raiders are in last place worth $825 million, even the Jags are worth more than Oakland. :lol:

Put_in_Kitna
Where do the Packers rank? Link?
Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Put_in_Kitna

[QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

1. Cowboys $2.3 Billion
2. Patriots $1.8 Billion
3. Skins $1.7 Billion
4. Giants $1.55 Billion
5. Texans $1.45 Billion

The-Apostle

Where do the Packers rank? Link?

They are 12. 

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#183 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

1. Cowboys $2.3 Billion
2. Patriots $1.8 Billion
3. Skins $1.7 Billion
4. Giants $1.55 Billion
5. Texans $1.45 Billion

Put_in_Kitna

We aren't the worst in something! This season has already been a success!!!!!

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

Help us Tim Tebow, you're our only hope

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 The-Apostle

Boston_Boyy

Fixed your link.

But wow... I hope he's not too hurt or the Patriots season is over.

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

[QUOTE="Boston_Boyy"]

The-Apostle

Fixed your link.

Idk, it's concerning though.  Initial reports said it was a non-contact injury, but this video has been circulating showing him getting rolled up on.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Seabas989

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"]

[QUOTE="Boston_Boyy"]

Boston_Boyy

Fixed your link.

Idk, it's concerning though.  Initial reports said it was a non-contact injury, but this video has been circulating showing him getting rolled up on.

Hope he's ok.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 starwarsjunky

Boston_Boyy
tebow time?
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Chutebox

He's day to day, it's not serious.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#190 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9726 Posts

Chutebox
Luckily for him its not that bad.
Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts
[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

GameboyTroy

YESS!!!!!!
RevanBITW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 RevanBITW
Member since 2013 • 739 Posts
BTW, when are we doing a Fantasy football league?
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 monkeytoes61
BTW, when are we doing a Fantasy football league?RevanBITW
I'll set it up in a week or so.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Chutebox
[QUOTE="GameboyTroy"][QUOTE="Chutebox"]

Bobbles

YESS!!!!!!

Mr. Obvious is back!
GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 GameboyTroy
[QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="GameboyTroy"]Luckily for him its not that bad. Chutebox
YESS!!!!!!

Mr. Obvious is back!

Was saying that the bills would draft a QB obvious? The media was surprised that the bills drafted a QB. Was anyone here surprised that that happened?
36Ounces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 36Ounces
Member since 2006 • 2065 Posts

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="Bobbles"] YESS!!!!!!GameboyTroy
Mr. Obvious is back!

Was saying that the bills would draft a QB obvious? The media was surprised that the bills drafted a QB. Was anyone here surprised that that happened?

You and PSP107 related?

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 JML897
[QUOTE="GameboyTroy"][QUOTE="Chutebox"]

Bobbles

YESS!!!!!!

:lol::lol:
GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 GameboyTroy

[QUOTE="GameboyTroy"][QUOTE="Chutebox"] Mr. Obvious is back!36Ounces

You and PSP107 related?

Not at all.
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 monkeytoes61
[QUOTE="36Ounces"]

[QUOTE="GameboyTroy"]Was saying that the bills would draft a QB obvious? The media was surprised that the bills drafted a QB. Was anyone here surprised that that happened?GameboyTroy

You and PSP107 related?

Not at all.

Right over his head
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 The-Apostle
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="Bobbles"] YESS!!!!!!GameboyTroy
Mr. Obvious is back!

I thought it was a little obvious. Why wouldn't they draft a QB? Fitz"magic" sucks.