NFL Network annoys me badly.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Masterhalo16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Masterhalo16
Member since 2007 • 134 Posts

Okay i was mad at first for themshowing Dallas vs Green bay. No i'm Irrate that the Pats vs. Giants is only gonna be on NFL network. My dad (who's from NE) said we can go to a sports Bar to watch the game so i'll be able to see it but they still annoy me.

GalaxyMan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 GalaxyMan93
Member since 2007 • 230 Posts
And they like to re run everything.
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Just_Osmo
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts

We, (New England) Are getting the game. It's on Saturday on CBS.

I checked the TV schedule. I was worried i'd have to go out to a bar to watch it. But the local CBS channel is picking it up on CBS.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 manningbowl135
Member since 2006 • 7457 Posts

I checked the TV schedule. I was worried i'd have to go out to a bar to watch it. But the local CBS channel is picking it up on CBS.

Just_Osmo

If you guys are, NY probably is too. YAY!

KingOfKonging

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KingOfKonging
Member since 2007 • 1233 Posts

Just_Osmo

Not all of us are. I am, but I know some places in like Maine or something aren't.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Just_Osmo
[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

KingOfKonging

Not all of us are. I am, but I know some places in like Maine or something aren't.

Well the majority of the areas will. Northern Maine and NH probably won't. But most will.

Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts
this games going to be broadcast on three different channels, so there you go
cobb45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 cobb45
Member since 2004 • 1179 Posts
The game everyone can see this time.It will been seen on cbs, nbc and of course nfl network....firstsimulcast for any nfl game since since super bowl I.
HurricaneHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HurricaneHugo
Member since 2002 • 40807 Posts
I don't know if you guys know, but if its on the NFL network, you can also watch the game live on NFL.com
Masterhalo16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Masterhalo16
Oh good i was just watching ESPN and the game will now be shown on CBC and NBC. Thank God
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#11 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts

Their announce team is the worse ever heard. Answer me this, if you have to pay for this network seperately, like as if a HBO type, then why are their commercials?

Masterhalo16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Masterhalo16

Their announce team is the worse ever heard. Answer me this, if you have to pay for this network seperately, like as if a HBO type, then why are their commercials?

mrgab
Well to be honest who do u show a Football game with no commericals?
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#13 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
[QUOTE="mrgab"]

Masterhalo16

Well to be honest who do u show a Football game with no commericals?

Still paying extra for a premium channel, shouldnt have commercials. Rather have them show the field, the fans, the cheerleaders as if at the game.

Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ragashahs
Member since 2005 • 8785 Posts
a lot of local channels are picking it up i know when the bears were on NFL network a couple weeks back a local channel picked it up but it you happen to live outside that range than your screwed
raghavan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 raghavan
Member since 2003 • 3416 Posts
Bryant Gumbel is beyond terrible. I've lost count how many times he called Frank Gore "Al Gore". He did this in both niner games he covered. Thing is, one was in 2006, one was in 2007. And he gets paid for his "work"?
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21705 Posts

Bryant Gumbel is beyond terrible. I've lost count how many times he called Frank Gore "Al Gore". He did this in both niner games he covered. Thing is, one was in 2006, one was in 2007. And he gets paid for his "work"?raghavan

lol I noticed that too. I rather listen to the old ESPN Sunday Night crew than him.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Just_Osmo

[QUOTE="raghavan"]Bryant Gumbel is beyond terrible. I've lost count how many times he called Frank Gore "Al Gore". He did this in both niner games he covered. Thing is, one was in 2006, one was in 2007. And he gets paid for his "work"?Renegade_Fury

lol I noticed that too. I rather listen to the old ESPN Sunday Night crew than him.

Or you just announce the game yourself with friends. Who acually listens to football announcers anyways? All they do is circle jerk around the Patriots the whole time.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 manningbowl135
[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

[QUOTE="raghavan"]Bryant Gumbel is beyond terrible. I've lost count how many times he called Frank Gore "Al Gore". He did this in both niner games he covered. Thing is, one was in 2006, one was in 2007. And he gets paid for his "work"?Just_Osmo

Or you just announce the game yourself with friends. Who acually listens to football announcers anyways? All they do is circle jerk around the Patriots the whole time.

I love Madden and Al. Madden is okay, but Al is probably the best announcer in football. At least NBC doesn't show celebrities faces for 5 minutes while there's a TD drive going on.

cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts
I thought it was being simulcast on a few of the major networks because it could be a historic game.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

mrgab

No, you shouldn't be paying for it. That's your cable company sucking money out of you. It's not a premium channel like HBO or Skinemax. It's an extra channel that cable companies wont put on their regular lineup.

This is how you can separate the good cable companies from the awful ones. The good ones carry the NFL network for free and the bad ones don't carry it or charge you to get it.

Also don't blame the NFL for this. They have a product that they're trying to get to the public, it's not their fault that cable companies are trying to rob their customers and blaming a network for it.

N15PCA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 N15PCA
Member since 2006 • 261 Posts

I don't know why NFL Network had to put the game on two other networks. All you have to do is watch this game is go to NFL.com or buy DirecTV like I did years ago and watch it their.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 manningbowl135
[QUOTE="mrgab"]

Jaysonguy

No, you shouldn't be paying for it. That's your cable company sucking money out of you. It's not a premium channel like HBO or Skinemax. It's an extra channel that cable companies wont put on their regular lineup.

This is how you can separate the good cable companies from the awful ones. The good ones carry the NFL network for free and the bad ones don't carry it or charge you to get it.

Also don't blame the NFL for this. They have a product that they're trying to get to the public, it's not their fault that cable companies are trying to rob their customers and blaming a network for it.

First of all, it's not free. It's 75 cents/month.

Why would they include it? It's a sports channel, completely sports channel and the cable companies are putting it in their sports package. That way only the people who watches sports get it. There are millions of people in America who doesn't like sports, and millions who do but doesn't like football. Why should those people have to pay for something they will never watch? A channel completely devoted to a certain sports go to the sports package. Simple.

Also yes 75 cents is very little, but it's the principle. Also imagine baseball makes a channel, NBA, NHL. Should the cable companies include all of them in their basic list? How would you feel if curling, ballet, opera, ice dancing etc all made channels completely devoted to them and cable companies included them and charged you 75 cents each for them?

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Just_Osmo

I don't know why NFL Network had to put the game on two other networks. All you have to do is watch this game is go to NFL.com or buy DirecTV like I did years ago and watch it their.

N15PCA

Stupidest post ever. Your mental if you think people should have to sit at a computer to watch the biggest game since the final game of the '72 season or own a specific company that carrys the network. Games liek this should be accessable to everyone who owns a TV.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 manningbowl135
[QUOTE="N15PCA"]

Just_Osmo

Stupidest post ever. Your mental if you think people should have to sit at a computer to watch the biggest game since the final game of the '72 season or own a specific company that carrys the network. Games liek this should be accessable to everyone who owns a TV.

...what?

Every single super bowl since the existance of football is bigger than this or the 72 game. 16-0 is a historic mark, but that doesn't make it the biggest game this season. The biggest game will be the super bowl, whether it has NE or not.

D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts
[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="N15PCA"]

manningbowl135

...what?

Every single super bowl since the existance of football is bigger than this or the 72 game. 16-0 is a historic mark, but that doesn't make it the biggest game this season. The biggest game will be the super bowl, whether it has NE or not.

I think he meant biggest game of the regular season.

Tking1293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#26 Tking1293
Member since 2006 • 1222 Posts
Yeah, the NFL Network should pick games other than high-profile ones. Luckily, games that were on NFL Network are starting to be simulcast (NE vs. NYG). But they are getting in the way. One of the two bowls they picked up is the Insight Bowl, Indiana @ Oklahoma State, and although I have the NFL Network many other people won't be able to watch it, and this is the first time in 14 years that IU has been to a bowl game. So a lot of people are dissapointed because of the NFL Network.
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Just_Osmo
[QUOTE="manningbowl135"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="N15PCA"]

D3s7rUc71oN

...what?

Bingo.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 manningbowl135
[QUOTE="D3s7rUc71oN"][QUOTE="manningbowl135"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="N15PCA"]

Just_Osmo

...what?

Bingo.

Then you're probably right.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Wrong, i'm sure there were plenty of other regular season games :P Oh and i'll take it one step further, i'm psst that you they can't charge you only for the channels you want, corporations sticking it to us as usual :roll: We don't even watch 80% of the channels we pay for, but because one or two are on a certain package you have to pay for the whole thing. Don't even get me started on paying for lame SD channels :evil: