NFL Head Coaches who will be fired

This topic is locked from further discussion.

raghavan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 raghavan
Member since 2003 • 3416 Posts

Many coaches will lose their jobs next monday. Bobby Petrino is already gone. Heres who i think gets fired. Its late and ill add some commentary later. Who do you think will lose their jobs? My picks..

-Mike Nolan, SF

-Cam Cameron, Miami

-Brian Billick, Baltimore

-Marvin Lewis, Cinci

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21711 Posts

I agree with all the above, but would add:

Scott Linehan, Rams

Mike Holmgren, Seahawks (wishful thinking, but maybe he'll walk away)

LOEAnubis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LOEAnubis
Member since 2002 • 12135 Posts

Cameron, Billick and Lewis have all been defended by the GM's of their teams, they aren't going anywhere this year. Heck, Cameron is a first year guy... not many of themget let go of.

While I think Billick and Lewis need to go, they'll be here next year. Nolan is a definate target though... if he is there next year, it is put up or go home time.

I don't think we'll see many releases in the off season, however I think next year there are a ton of coaches on the hot seat. Mangini, Payton, Herm Edwards, Andy Ried, John Fox... I can see any of them going at any time. Their teamshave so much potential to be in the mire.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Cameron, Billick and Lewis have all been defended by the GM's of their teams, they aren't going anywhere this year. Heck, Cameron is a first year guy... not many of themget let go of.

LOEAnubis

Cam doesn't have a GM anymore since Bill took over.

I don't know if you follow Bill's radio show but when asked about Cam he's taking the "wait and see approach"

Cam is part of Wayne's great plan that once again failed. If you remember back from last season it was Cam (not Marty) that ended the Chargers season with comical playcalling in the playoffs that got progressively worse every single quarter ending up with one of the worst called second halfs in recent playoff history.

By all counts Miami should be winless right now if not for some divine intervention. Cam is solely responsible for that. The suspect plays that showed up every once and a while in San Diego during pressure situations are rearing their ugly heads in Miami on every drive.

If he stays I'll be shocked.

Masterhalo16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Masterhalo16
Member since 2007 • 134 Posts
Yeah the 4 u mentioned are gone plus Scott lineham of the rams. But coachs like Andy Reid and Lane Kiffin are on the hot seat
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#6 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts

Cameron was just hired this season and with the team they(not him) put together, the dolphins never really had much a chance. He shouldnt be fired.

Nolan and Lineham probaly will be, as both were suppose to be better teams this year.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 manningbowl135
Member since 2006 • 7457 Posts

Yeah the 4 u mentioned are gone plus Scott lineham of the rams. But coachs like Andy Reid and Lane Kiffin are on the hot seatMasterhalo16

Lane Kiffin? He's a first year head coach who had the season everyone expected the Raiders to have.

LOEAnubis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LOEAnubis
Member since 2002 • 12135 Posts
[QUOTE="LOEAnubis"]

Jaysonguy

I don't know if you follow Bill's radio show but when asked about Cam he's taking the "wait and see approach"

Cam is part of Wayne's great plan that once again failed. If you remember back from last season it was Cam (not Marty) that ended the Chargers season with comical playcalling in the playoffs that got progressively worse every single quarter ending up with one of the worst called second halfs in recent playoff history.

By all counts Miami should be winless right now if not for some divine intervention. Cam is solely responsible for that. The suspect plays that showed up every once and a while in San Diego during pressure situations are rearing their ugly heads in Miami on every drive.

That's all true, but I can see him getting some leniency due to the injuries (top QB and RB going down never helps) and being a first year guy.

I'm not defending Cameron, I really don't have an opinion of him, but I can see him getting another chance and a really short leash.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Just_Osmo
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="LOEAnubis"]

LOEAnubis

That's all true, but I can see him getting some leniency due to the injuries (top QB and RB going down never helps) and being a first year guy.

I'm not defending Cameron, I really don't have an opinion of him, but I can see him getting another chance and a really short leash.

Cameron is going to be gone. Bill will pick a coachfrom his circle of friend.

gatorforlife07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 gatorforlife07
Member since 2007 • 1098 Posts
Cam Cameron and Mike Nolan
hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 hockey73
Member since 2005 • 8281 Posts
lol to bad Mike Shanahan won't be fired, to be honest i have disliked the way he has coached for 2 years now. At the very least he should give up on being the GM.
The_Zoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 The_Zoid
Member since 2006 • 59984 Posts
I wish the Chiefs would fire Herm, this season is a disaster. I'd be willing to take it a step further and get rid of Peterson too.
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
Well, i'm willing to bet that Marinelli in Detroit has another year to turn things around and maybe not lose 6 straight. It'll be his 3rd season.
twopic58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14 twopic58
Member since 2007 • 3710 Posts
I think Nolan will get fired. Billick and Lewis should be fired.
B05T0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 B05T0N
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
Andy Reid, please for the love of god...I've been pushing for him to be fired for like 4 years.
Dreski83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#16 Dreski83
Member since 2003 • 1104 Posts
something about firing a dude who runs the entire operation sends nothing but negative vibes thru the team. Some cases might work, but I rather continue to make adjustments rather than start fresh
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 manningbowl135

Andy Reid, please for the love of god...I've been pushing for him to be fired for like 4 years.B05T0N

Why? 4 straight NFC championship, great drafts almost every year. I think he's earned one non-playoff season.

SegArgyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SegArgyle
Member since 2004 • 2371 Posts
well billick got canned who's next?
Bibone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bibone
Member since 2006 • 132 Posts
i hope mike shanahan goes and takes jim bates with him also. his career as a bronco head coach is finished, in my opinion.
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 manningbowl135

i hope mike shanahan goes and takes jim bates with him also. his career as a bronco head coach is finished, in my opinion.Bibone

This was the only losing season he's ever had with the Broncos. He's been a great coach for you guys, don't lynch him at the first sign of trouble.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Just_Osmo
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts

[QUOTE="Bibone"]i hope mike shanahan goes and takes jim bates with him also. his career as a bronco head coach is finished, in my opinion.manningbowl135

This was the only losing season he's ever had with the Broncos. He's been a great coach for you guys, don't lynch him at the first sign of trouble.

People give up to easily on players/coaches. Wait for 3 consecutive bad seasons before you hang em up.

Aquabfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#22 Aquabfan
Member since 2007 • 79 Posts
None of the above... Rod Marinelli.