NFL Award Winner Predictions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for heysharpshooter
heysharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 heysharpshooter
Member since 2009 • 6348 Posts

I know its early, but this year the cream has really come to the top. I think there are only a handful of guys who can legitamtly compete for these awards this year as opposed to last year, where it was up in the air until the very end.

MVP: QB Drew Brees. Other Contenders: QB Peyton Manning, RB Adrian Peterson, QB Brett Favre, QB Matt Schaub.

Defensive MVP: DE Jared Allen Other Contenders: DE Dwight Freeney, OLB Elvis Dummerville, FS Darren Sharper, MLB London Fletcher-Baker.

Offensive Rookie of the Year: WR Percy Harvin Other Contenders: QB Mark Sanchez, WR Hakeem Nicks, WR Johnny Knox, OT Michael Oher(yes, he deserves consideration)

Defensive Rookie of the Year: OLB Brian Cushing Other Contenders: FS Jarius Byrd(he has not been getting enough criticism for all the blown coverages and his poor run defense), MLB James Laurnitus, OLB Rey Maualuga, OLB Aaron Curry

Coach of the Year: Marvin Lewis.

What do you guys think? Am I missing any contenders?

shadowprince92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 shadowprince92
Member since 2005 • 1420 Posts

I wish I could say you were missing Tom Brady.

Edit: And Mark Sanchez should not be a contender. For anything.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

I wish I could say you were missing Tom Brady.

shadowprince92
im glad you cant.
flowersjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 flowersjf
Member since 2008 • 2856 Posts

I know its early, but this year the cream has really come to the top. I think there are only a handful of guys who can legitamtly compete for these awards this year as opposed to last year, where it was up in the air until the very end.

MVP: QB Drew Brees. Other Contenders: QB Peyton Manning, RB Adrian Peterson, QB Brett Favre, QB Matt Schaub.

Defensive MVP: DE Jared Allen Other Contenders: DE Dwight Freeney, OLB Elvis Dummerville, FS Darren Sharper, MLB London Fletcher-Baker.

Offensive Rookie of the Year: WR Percy Harvin Other Contenders: QB Mark Sanchez, WR Hakeem Nicks, WR Johnny Knox, OT Michael Oher(yes, he deserves consideration)

Defensive Rookie of the Year: OLB Brian Cushing Other Contenders: FS Jarius Byrd(he has not been getting enough criticism for all the blown coverages and his poor run defense), MLB James Laurnitus, OLB Rey Maualuga, OLB Aaron Curry

heysharpshooter
Those are some good predictions especially ROY, I love Percy Harvin. I think Darren Sharper should win DPY though, even though I'm a die-hard Vikes fan.
iShane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 iShane
Member since 2009 • 66 Posts

OT Michael Oher(yes, he deserves consideration)heysharpshooter

Good call on Oher. He goes very overlooked because he doesn't play a glorified position.

And excluding his day against Buffalo, Sanchez's numbers aren't all that bad. He's been a stud the past two weeks.

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

Im a diehard Saints fan. Cant believe you missed Shawn Payton for Coach.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

If the Jags were a little better you'd have to consider Maurice Jones-Drew for the O-MVP award. The man single handedly keeps the Jags in the game and sometimes is the sole reason they win. If the Jags somehow contend down the stretch and perhaps steal the last Wildcard spot (unlikely, but you never know) then I think he should be considered.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
MVP= Peyton Manning Offensive Player of the Year= Peyton Manning Defensive MVP= Darren Sharper Offensive Rookie of the Year= Percy Harvin Defensive Rookie of the Year= Rey Maualuga Coach of the Year= Josh McDaniels.
geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 geaux321
Member since 2003 • 19424 Posts

Im a diehard Saints fan. Cant believe you missed Shawn Payton for Coach.

RossRichard
It's Sean Payton.
Avatar image for Mister__Awesome
Mister__Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mister__Awesome
Member since 2009 • 2439 Posts
You forgot Comeback Player of The Year. That award will easily go to Tom Brady if you ask me.
Avatar image for heysharpshooter
heysharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 heysharpshooter
Member since 2009 • 6348 Posts

You forgot Comeback Player of The Year. That award will easily go to Tom Brady if you ask me.Mister__Awesome

I did forget that... and yes, Brady is pretty much a lock.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#12 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts

[QUOTE="heysharpshooter"] OT Michael Oher(yes, he deserves consideration)iShane

Good call on Oher. He goes very overlooked because he doesn't play a glorified position.

And excluding his day against Buffalo, Sanchez's numbers aren't all that bad. He's been a stud the past two weeks.

And he has his own movie!
steelers89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 steelers89
Member since 2004 • 391 Posts
If Matt Schaub is getting nominated for MVP, then Ben should be included.
Mister__Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Mister__Awesome
If Matt Schaub is getting nominated for MVP, then Ben should be included.steelers89
Thing is with Ben he was expected to make the Steelers good. Shaub was expected to not do much en route to another 7-9 type season for the Texans, so Shaub is playing lights out and the Texans look like a playoff team thus far.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 starwarsjunky
[QUOTE="steelers89"]If Matt Schaub is getting nominated for MVP, then Ben should be included.Mister__Awesome
Thing is with Ben he was expected to make the Steelers good. Shaub was expected to not do much en route to another 7-9 type season for the Texans, so Shaub is playing lights out and the Texans look like a playoff team thus far.

playing better than you were expected does NOT make you mvp. playing as the best in the league does. and Ben would deserve it much more that schaub thus far
mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#16 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts
It kills me to say this but I bet Farve ends up with MVP,which should go to Peyton who is having a godly year with a lesser than normal colts team.
3KindgomsRandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 3KindgomsRandy
Member since 2005 • 15488 Posts

[QUOTE="Mister__Awesome"][QUOTE="steelers89"]If Matt Schaub is getting nominated for MVP, then Ben should be included.starwarsjunky

playing better than you were expected does NOT make you mvp. playing as the best in the league does. and Ben would deserve it much more that schaub thus far

How do you figure Ben deserves it MUCH more than Schaub? I'm not seeing it.

Edit: And based on your criteria, Peyton Manning is by far the overwhelming choice for MVP.

Mister__Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Mister__Awesome
[QUOTE="Mister__Awesome"][QUOTE="steelers89"]If Matt Schaub is getting nominated for MVP, then Ben should be included.starwarsjunky

Yea but Shaub is making the Texans a better team, he is the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER to his team, they lose Shaub they lose so many games. On the other hand i think the Steelers can suffice losing Ben for a bit, since their Defense is superb. MVP doesnt go to the best player it goes to the most valuable player and right now Shaub is more valuable than Ben. and he is playing better than Ben on top of that.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 starwarsjunky
im not saying ben should get it, im just agreeing that if shaub is in the talks, so should ben. peyton, in my opinion, should easily get it at this point, however.
Mister__Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mister__Awesome
im not saying ben should get it, im just agreeing that if shaub is in the talks, so should ben. peyton, in my opinion, should easily get it at this point, however.starwarsjunky
Yea i do not think Shaub should be the MVP but in the talks, and as long as the Steelers are winning and scoring 25+ like they seemingly do, Ben should also be in the talks, so you do have a point.
Avatar image for Xenogears_Rocks
Xenogears_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 Xenogears_Rocks
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts

heysharpshooter

I don't think he will win it but I would say Kyle Orton should at least be a contender MVP cause he's doing just as good as every one else he may not have the most TD's but he only ha 1 Int that really didn't mean anything. Also Josh Mcdaniels for coach of the year

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 starwarsjunky

[QUOTE="heysharpshooter"]

Xenogears_Rocks

I don't think he will win it but I would say Kyle Orton should at least be a contender MVP cause he's doing just as good as every one else he may not have the most TD's but he only ha 1 Int that really didn't mean anything. Also Josh Mcdaniels for coach of the year

orton is #15 in total yards, #18 in td passes, #13 in completion percentage, and #12 in overall qb rating...so i dont see how he would really deserve to be a contender
Goliath_unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#23 Goliath_unit
Member since 2006 • 3930 Posts

MVP: Peyton Manning- This is the best he's been playing in his career. He's the overwhelming choice for MVP for me. Other worthy mentions: Drew Brees, Adrian Peterson, Brett Favre

Offensive Player: Peyton Manning- See MVP comment. Other: Brees, AP, Phillip Rivers, Matt Schuab

Defensive Player: Elvis Dumervil- Has done a terrific job in rushing the passer and is a major reason why the Broncos defence has improved so much. Other: Jared Allen, Darren Sharper, Albert Haynesworth (the Skins D is actually good, and Haynesworth has distracted the O-Line and helped the rest of the D. See why the Titans D misses him so much?), Asomugha, Revis,

Offensive Rookie: Percy Harvin- Hasn't done anything stupid and has really helped add dimension to this Vikings offence. Other: Oher, Monero, Knox

Defensive Rookie: Brian Cushing- Hashelpled improve this Texans Defence vastly. Other: Byrd, ClayMatthews, Malauga, Laurinitis

Comeback Player: Carson Palmer- Hadto sit outfor most of last year due toinjury, and the Bengalsoffencewas 32 in the league last year. Now, he's really improved the offence and along with the good Bengals defence, turned them intoSuper Bowl contenders. Other: Cedric Benson, Tom Brady

Coach of the Year: Marvin Lewis- Him along with Defensive Co-ordinator Mike Zimmer have turned the Bengals defence from a laughing stock ofthe NFL to an underrated andhard working unitin the past two years (including last year, theyfinished 12th). Other: McDaniels, Payton

Most Improved: Cedric Benson- He's been so underratedin helping imrove the Bengals offence. He was shut down last year since defences stacked the box due to Fitzpatricks lolworthy arm. Now, this is a multi-dimensional unit that is great. If be doesn't hae a DUI, then the Bengals are a sleeper pick to win the Super Bowl (but below the Colts)

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 starwarsjunky

MVP: Peyton Manning- This is the best he's been playing in his career. He's the overwhelming choice for MVP for me. Other worthy mentions: Drew Brees, Adrian Peterson, Brett Favre

Offensive Player: Peyton Manning- See MVP comment. Other: Brees, AP, Phillip Rivers, Matt Schuab

Defensive Player: Elvis Dumervil- Has done a terrific job in rushing the passer and is a major reason why the Broncos defence has improved so much. Other: Jared Allen, Darren Sharper, Albert Haynesworth (the Skins D is actually good, and Haynesworth has distracted the O-Line and helped the rest of the D. See why the Titans D misses him so much?), Asomugha, Revis,

Offensive Rookie: Percy Harvin- Hasn't done anything stupid and has really helped add dimension to this Vikings offence. Other: Oher, Monero, Knox

Defensive Rookie: Brian Cushing- Hashelpled improve this Texans Defence vastly. Other: Byrd, ClayMatthews, Malauga, Laurinitis

Comeback Player: Carson Palmer- Hadto sit outfor most of last year due toinjury, and the Bengalsoffencewas 32 in the league last year. Now, he's really improved the offence and along with the good Bengals defence, turned them intoSuper Bowl contenders. Other: Cedric Benson, Tom Brady

Coach of the Year: Marvin Lewis- Him along with Defensive Co-ordinator Mike Zimmer have turned the Bengals defence from a laughing stock ofthe NFL to an underrated andhard working unitin the past two years (including last year, theyfinished 12th). Other: McDaniels, Payton

Most Improved: Cedric Benson- He's been so underratedin helping imrove the Bengals offence. He was shut down last year since defences stacked the box due to Fitzpatricks lolworthy arm. Now, this is a multi-dimensional unit that is great. If be doesn't hae a DUI, then the Bengals are a sleeper pick to win the Super Bowl (but below the Colts)

Goliath_unit

once again, matt schaub is mentioned and not ben(offensive player of the year)...MS only is first in total yards due to not having his bye yet. ben is less than 300 yds behind(2342 vs 2062). yards/game, ben has more than MS(294.6 vs 292.8) vs . ben has both the better completion percentage (70.4 vs 66.4) and qb rating (102.6 vs 100.5)