NCAA 11 or wait for Madden?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

piercetruth34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 piercetruth34
Member since 2008 • 1393 Posts

I havent bought NCAA in a few years but it seems liek it has made some nice strides forward. I'm just not sure if it's worth $60 or just wait for Madden. I dont really need 2 football games.

Which football game do you think will be more worth it?

Avatar image for Zombiekiller360
Zombiekiller360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Zombiekiller360
Member since 2006 • 389 Posts

Madden

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#3 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
Backbreaker.
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 i5750at4Ghz
Member since 2010 • 5839 Posts
NCAA is better this year. Madden has no updates NCAA doesn't, while NCAA has new features not seen in Madden.
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#5 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

NCAA is better this year. Madden has no updates NCAA doesn't, while NCAA has new features not seen in Madden.i5750at4Ghz

Actually, Madden has a very important feature that NCAA doesn't have, new blocking technology that makes it so your blockers actually block the guys they are supposed to! If you have played even 5 minutes of the NCAA demo, they still run right past defenders and let you get tackled in the backfield by the one guy they decided to run past. The first two video reviews (IGN and Gametrailers) even talk about it. Madden is going to be better hands down. NCAA is going to be good, but only rental good. My copy is already in the mail from Gamefly and I can't wait to play it, but Madden is pre-ordered at my local Gamestop since I know it's going to be the game to keep.

i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 i5750at4Ghz
Member since 2010 • 5839 Posts

[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"]NCAA is better this year. Madden has no updates NCAA doesn't, while NCAA has new features not seen in Madden.nickdastick

Actually, Madden has a very important feature that NCAA doesn't have, new blocking technology that makes it so your blockers actually block the guys they are supposed to! If you have played even 5 minutes of the NCAA demo, they still run right past defenders and let you get tackled in the backfield by the one guy they decided to run past. The first two video reviews (IGN and Gametrailers) even talk about it. Madden is going to be better hands down. NCAA is going to be good, but only rental good. My copy is already in the mail from Gamefly and I can't wait to play it, but Madden is pre-ordered at my local Gamestop since I know it's going to be the game to keep.

NCAA uses this same blocking technology, and as you can see it doesn't work that well. This is just Madden hyping up yet another gameplay feature that won't work as intended.You don't follow the blogs I'm guessing. Just an FYI NCAA put out about 10 this year while Madden only put out 4. Madden really only added locomotion, the new blocking AI, gameflow, and online teamplay. All of this aside from team play is in NCAA.

http://ncaafootball.easports.com/blog.action?blogId=RealAssignmentAI

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 monkeytoes61

[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"]NCAA is better this year. Madden has no updates NCAA doesn't, while NCAA has new features not seen in Madden.nickdastick

After 20+ years, you would think they had the whole "blocking opposing players" thing down.
MoonMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MoonMarvel
Member since 2008 • 8249 Posts
Madden easy. NCAA does have benefits, I like uploading draft classes into madden.
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 monkeytoes61
At this point, I would pick NCAA because of the commercial. Hearing John Elway saying "Laterals are for rugby" in reference to this moment was hilarious. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYROBfMPCso&feature=related
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#10 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

[QUOTE="nickdastick"]

[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"]NCAA is better this year. Madden has no updates NCAA doesn't, while NCAA has new features not seen in Madden.i5750at4Ghz

NCAA uses this same blocking technology, and as you can see it doesn't work that well. This is just Madden hyping up yet another gameplay feature that won't work as intended.You don't follow the blogs I'm guessing. Just an FYI NCAA put out about 10 this year while Madden only put out 4. Madden really only added locomotion, the new blocking AI, gameflow, and online teamplay. All of this aside from team play is in NCAA.

http://ncaafootball.easports.com/blog.action?blogId=RealAssignmentAI

As you said, I haven't been following NCAA (not as much as Madden at least) because I didn't know they had the same blocking tech as Madden. I will say though, it works MUCH better in the full game than it did in the demo. It was HORRIBLE in the demo and it runs much smoother in the full game. I'm wondering if they even had it in the demo... I'm still getting Madden though as I like the NFL more than NCAA. Both are solid choices though. I'd go with the one you like more out of NCAA or NFL.

LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts
I'm not sure which to recommend because I haven't played NCAA enough this year and I'm not sure what all is being changed in Madden. However, NCAA is much improved this year and finally feels more like a next-gen football experience. It's still missing some things, though.
MURDA_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MURDA_B
Member since 2008 • 2879 Posts

wait for madden

daabulls23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 daabulls23
Member since 2008 • 1223 Posts

Wasn't there a year where you could tell the blockers in front of you where to go?

ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 ohjtbehaaave
Member since 2002 • 2114 Posts
I'm usually the first to rip EA/Tiburon for doing the typical reheat/minor update... but I must admit NCAA FB 11 has taken some serious strides forward ON THE FIELD. Some might be upset by most of the modes barely being touched from previous versions... but the actual gameplay on the field really feels and plays good in this one. The Running game has really improved and feels more realistic than any FB to date. The Recruiting stuff has even been improved and made more fun. Like I said... I'd have no problem ripping EA and this game if it were bad... but after playing it for a few days I have to say it's pretty stellar. If you've stayed away from FB games for a while, NCAA FB 11 may be the one top jump back in with. Madden 11 is really going to have to have some tricks up their sleeve to top the NCAA game. And for those who like playing D in Backbreaker... you can select a player in this game too and control them for the play. One difference though. The NCAA FB camera actually WORKS and follows the play properly. The BB camera is basically broken and vomit inducing.