NBA Race to the MVP week-21

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/features/03/18/race-to-the-mvp-week-21/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

1. D-Rose
2. Superman
3. Nowitzki
4. The Black Mamba
5. LeQuit James
6. Kevin Durant (baby face assassin)
7. D3
8. lamarcus aldridge
9. Chris cuncussion Paul
10. russel Westbrook

im surprised kobe beat the big 2 in miami... im sure Bosh is enjoying his career going down the tubes(the media is wrong :roll: )

i think d-rose might be a lock.../thread

Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts
So much bias...
white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#3 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts
So much win...
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 No_Hablo_Ingles
So much win...white_sox
I was referring to calling LeBron Jame "LeQuit" then calling CP3 "Chris cuncussion Paul" while simultaneously miss spelling: CONCUSSION.
white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 white_sox
[QUOTE="white_sox"]So much win...No_Hablo_Ingles
I was referring to calling LeBron Jame "LeQuit" then calling CP3 "Chris cuncussion Paul" while simultaneously miss spelling: CONCUSSION.

I was just messing with ya. That is raw though.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="white_sox"]So much win...white_sox

I was just messing with ya. That is raw though.

It's cool. I've accepted the fact that D-Rose will win MVP, regardless of whether I believe he is deserving of the honor or not and I completely understand why Bulls fans are so... "happy" about D-Rose. You guys basically sucked since Jordan left (no offense intended) and D-Rose is your leading scorer on the current #1 seed in the east. That being said, if D-Rose wins MVP I would hope that the HC would win COY. He has Chicago playing amazing D.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

That being said, if D-Rose wins MVP I would hope that the HC would win COY. He has Chicago playing amazing D.No_Hablo_Ingles

Thibs deserves COY more than Rose deserves MVP.

Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts
Rose = MVP
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 No_Hablo_Ingles
What about make this the thread for the other awards, since MVP was basically decided before the All Star Break, like most improved player, COY, etc.? \
Snakemaster9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Snakemaster9
Member since 2010 • 1420 Posts

Well, they are not going to give it to LeBron.

So it is either Rose or Supaman.

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts
It'll end up being Rose, Coach of the year will be Thibs, and Most Improved will probably be Rose as well.
CJ45_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CJ45_
Member since 2011 • 134 Posts
Good to see Lamarcus Aldridge on the list - sure with the help of Wallace now, but he was... IS the engine driving the Blazers.
CJ45_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CJ45_
Since the all-star break Rose has been shooting horrible. Throwing up LeBrick shots fron behind the arc. - less then 40 percent from the field? Give me a break. I dunno, no major stand out this year.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KBFloYd

Since the all-star break Rose has been shooting horrible. Throwing up LeBrick shots fron behind the arc. - less then 40 percent from the field? Give me a break. I dunno, no major stand out this year. CJ45_

maybe the mvp talk got to him?

i think lamar odom might win 6th man.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JML897

[QUOTE="CJ45_"]Since the all-star break Rose has been shooting horrible. Throwing up LeBrick shots fron behind the arc. - less then 40 percent from the field? Give me a break. I dunno, no major stand out this year. KBFloYd

Not really. He's still playing at a MVP-caliber level but he's just not hitting his long range shots with much consistency recently.

CJ45_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CJ45_
Maybe Charles Barkley got to him.
bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bobcheeseball

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

[QUOTE="CJ45_"]Since the all-star break Rose has been shooting horrible. Throwing up LeBrick shots fron behind the arc. - less then 40 percent from the field? Give me a break. I dunno, no major stand out this year. JML897

Not really. He's still playing at a MVP-caliber level but he's just not hitting his long range shots with much consistency recently.

One problem I have, is he seems to be settling for the 3 too much, and he doesn't seem to use his nice midrange J as much anymore. ..Or is that just me who's noticed that? :P
Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lostboy1224
Well, if Chicago finishes 1st or 2nd in the East I think Rose has the MVP locked up. I don't see Lebron getting it a 3rd time and Dwight Howard gets overlooked a lot so he won't pose too much of a threat. Rose needs some improvement on the long ball, but he is so good at everything else.
white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 white_sox
The pressure is really getting to him, as evident by tonight's game.
TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 TaCoDuDe
Member since 2006 • 3239 Posts

This thread is ridiculous.

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 SpideR_CentS
Member since 2006 • 4766 Posts

IMO

1. D.Rose

2. D.Howard

3. K. Bryant

4. L. James

5. D. Nowarotuhgjklkfski

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bobcheeseball
ESPN said the race was between Rose and Kobe right now. "to a lesser degree throw Dwight Howard into it" one of them said that. Smh...Howard is going to get shafted. :(
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 No_Hablo_Ingles
ESPN said the race was between Rose and Kobe right now. "to a lesser degree throw Dwight Howard into it" one of them said that. Smh...Howard is going to get shafted. :(bobcheeseball
Happens when you aren't on a top seed, *smh*
bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bobcheeseball

[QUOTE="bobcheeseball"]ESPN said the race was between Rose and Kobe right now. "to a lesser degree throw Dwight Howard into it" one of them said that. Smh...Howard is going to get shafted. :(No_Hablo_Ingles
Happens when you aren't on a top seed, *smh*

Unfortunately that has little to do with Howard. Kobe has the best frontcourt in the league, Rose has the second best.

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts
I think Dwight is very deserving of the MVP award this year. You guys should be used to this now, the deserving MVP usually isn't the one that wins it. Kobe should have at least two more MVP by now but he got shafted due to his teams record in 06 and 07
DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts
I think Dwight is very deserving of the MVP award this year. You guys should be used to this now, the deserving MVP usually isn't the one that wins it. Kobe should have at least two more MVP by now but he got shafted due to his teams record in 06 and 07andyboiii
So you don't think D Rose is deserving?
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts
So you don't think D Rose is deserving?DJ_Magneto
I was referring to Kobe being in the MVP talks this year, he's had a good year but certainly he's not on my mind to be up there with Rose and Howard. He's concerned with the other MVP award, that finals MVP
liontamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 liontamer
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
Serious lack of Kevin Love for MVP discussion here. Statistically he should be in the discussion. Wins be damned, no one can get that T-Wolves team winning single-handedly.
BaraChat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#29 BaraChat
Member since 2008 • 3144 Posts
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]What about make this the thread for the other awards, since MVP was basically decided before the All Star Break, like most improved player, COY, etc.? \

Well let's do that! On topic, Derrick Rose is probably the only MVP choice that has no one outraged over, for better or for worse. In other words, if you picked Kobe, people will yell at you that without him the Lakers would still win 45-50 and be a good team, if you pick LeBron you might as well write your will because you'll get murdered, if you pick Nowitzki everyone will go "REMEMBER 2007? REMEMBER?" if you pick Dwight, then maybe people would understand but the Magic are 4th in the East, so no dice. If you pick Durant, you blatantly ignore Westbrook. I'm not saying it should be a landslide or, a contrario, that Rose shouldn't win, I'm just saying he's the most reasonable pick whereas every other candidate has something important working against him.
BaraChat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30 BaraChat
Member since 2008 • 3144 Posts
Serious lack of Kevin Love for MVP discussion here. Statistically he should be in the discussion. Wins be damned, no one can get that T-Wolves team winning single-handedly.dbLTdb
If Kevin Love gets a vote, I'm boycotting the NBA. He has great stats BECAUSE he plays on a crappy team. Do you think he'd get all those rebound opportunities and every shot he wants with a playoffs team where there are other capable basketball players? I thought so.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 No_Hablo_Ingles
Serious lack of Kevin Love for MVP discussion here. Statistically he should be in the discussion. Wins be damned, no one can get that T-Wolves team winning single-handedly.dbLTdb
His defense sucks, and in his case, those Stats are misleading as hell.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JML897

[QUOTE="dbLTdb"]Serious lack of Kevin Love for MVP discussion here. Statistically he should be in the discussion. Wins be damned, no one can get that T-Wolves team winning single-handedly.BaraChat
If Kevin Love gets a vote, I'm boycotting the NBA. He has great stats BECAUSE he plays on a crappy team. Do you think he'd get all those rebound opportunities and every shot he wants with a playoffs team where there are other capable basketball players? I thought so.

Hit the nail on the head. There's no doubt that he's a good player but he shouldn't be anywhere near the MVP race.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KBFloYd

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/features/03/25/race-to-the-mvp-week-22/index.html

New standings:

1. Rose
2. Howard
3. Kobe
4. Dirk
5. lebron
6. Durant
7. Wade
8. Lamarcus Aldridge
9. westbrook
10 Ginobli

btw... top candidates for 6th man..Jason Terry and Lamar Odom.

kobe's movin on up to the east side. if lakers finish with the 2nd best record in the NBA after spurs then Kobe MVP confirmed 8)

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
Lamar Odom better win that 6th man award, he does everyting, all Jason Terry does is score.
Orlando_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Orlando_Magic
Member since 2002 • 37448 Posts

Dwight Howard won his NBA high 6th eastern conference player of the week award this past week. Derrick Rose still only has 2 this season. Just saying.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JML897

kobe's movin on up to the east side. if lakers finish with the 2nd best record in the NBA after spurs then Kobe MVP confirmed 8)

KBFloYd

Not really, Rose is pretty much a lock at this point.

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
I really think Kobe would have a better chance at MVP if the Lakers would have played well all season, he's behind both Dwight and Derrick Rose at this point for me. If the Lakers catch San Antonio he may have a shot but even then it would be a long shot
Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Lostboy1224
All this debating just reminds me of how MJ could have won 10 MVP awards, but people always seem to want to mix it up and pick someone else after a while.
feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

Lebron James--this is why.Hard toargue with these numbers.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6273115

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DJ_Magneto

feryl06
I saw that. Needless to say, not a lot of people agreed with Cowherd. Not just Bulls fans. To me and a lot of people, MVP is more than just stats. And his whole argument that Rose doesn't guard guys like Aldridge who's 6'11" doesn't hold water with me. Come on Cowherd. When is a PG going to do that?
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 No_Hablo_Ingles

[QUOTE="feryl06"]

DJ_Magneto

I saw that. Needless to say, not a lot of people agreed with Cowherd. Not just Bulls fans. To me and a lot of people, MVP is more than just stats. And his whole argument that Rose doesn't guard guys like Aldridge who's 6'11" doesn't hold water with me. Come on Cowherd. When is a PG going to do that?

I think the point of the comment was to show that LeBron is more versatile then Rose... LeBron is asked to guard anything from PG to the PF (I don't recall him ever guarding a Center) thus he has a bigger impact on the game then Rose.

Then again, Cowherd isn't exactly a good person to source... he is the Sports World's Bill O'reily.

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DJ_Magneto

[QUOTE="DJ_Magneto"][QUOTE="feryl06"]

No_Hablo_Ingles

I think the point of the comment was to show that LeBron is more versatile then Rose... LeBron is asked to guard anything from PG to the PF (I don't recall him ever guarding a Center) thus he has a bigger impact on the game then Rose.

Then again, Cowherd isn't exactly a good person to source... he is the Sports World's Bill O'reily.

Oh I get what he's saying about their respective roles on defense. But Rose isn't asked to do what LeBron does. And about Cowherd, I don't take too many things he says seriously. Some say he goes out of his way to be controversial to create a stir and increase ratings. And this whole Rose for MVP debate has long since crossed into the world of hype. I think for valid reasons. And guys like Cowherd and Bayless hate hype and will go completely against it, whatever it is or how valid it is just for the sake of going against the grain. LeBron: Derrick Rose in lead for MVP
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]

[QUOTE="DJ_Magneto"] I saw that. Needless to say, not a lot of people agreed with Cowherd. Not just Bulls fans. To me and a lot of people, MVP is more than just stats. And his whole argument that Rose doesn't guard guys like Aldridge who's 6'11" doesn't hold water with me. Come on Cowherd. When is a PG going to do that?DJ_Magneto

Oh I get what he's saying about their respective roles on defense. But Rose isn't asked to do what LeBron does. And about Cowherd, I don't take too many things he says seriously. Some say he goes out of his way to be controversial to create a stir and increase ratings. And this whole Rose for MVP debate has long since crossed into the world of hype. I think for valid reasons. And guys like Cowherd and Bayless hate hype and will go completely against it, whatever it is or how valid it is just for the sake of going against the grain. LeBron: Derrick Rose in lead for MVP

Trust me, I don't take anything Cowherd says seriously... The LeBron thing doesn't mean much to me, sorry. It's simply a smart thing to say. When Vick said he thought he should be the NFL's MVP, every said "Tom Brady would never do that!" and "This just shows how arrogant he is." If LeBron would have proclaimed he is the MVP (he probably thinks he is) then nothing but bad press would come from it.
DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DJ_Magneto
I don't put much into LeBron's statement either. I know he wouldn't come out and name himself. He does qualify all his statements at the end talking about the media attention that Rose has right now. But I posted that link more for the statements that Tim Legler made in the video.