NBA Players chances at the Hall of Fame

This topic is locked from further discussion.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

What do you guys think?

http://www.squidoo.com/hall-of-fame-chances-for-the-nbas-best-players-of-the-2000-decade

Avatar image for Darth_Revan_666
Darth_Revan_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Darth_Revan_666
Member since 2005 • 2801 Posts

Reggie Miller is in the ''probables''? WAT

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 applefan1991  Moderator
Yeah, I though he would be a shoo-in personally but he didn't get voted in this year when he was eligible, so I downgraded him to probable
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
Reggie should be a shoe in. Nash should never get to the HOF, period, but he will end up getting there because of idiots. I also LOL'd at Vince Carter and T-Mac being probable
applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 applefan1991  Moderator
Nash has the stats to get in, plus the MVP's to get in. I don't like him either but try and put your Laker bias away. Also T-Mac will probably get in because of all of his awards, especially if he can be a veteran presence for a title contender
Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts
T-Mac has never been out the 1st round of the playoffs.... as a Rocket fan, he failed me a deserves never to be mentioned in entering the HOF. The saddest thing ever is that he played the best 30 seconds in basketball history.
Darth_Revan_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Darth_Revan_666

T-Mac has never been out the 1st round of the playoffs.... as a Rocket fan, he failed me a deserves never to be mentioned in entering the HOF. The saddest thing ever is that he played the best 30 seconds in basketball history.No_Hablo_Ingles

He failed to stay healthy. Same with Yao.

Yanks2740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Yanks2740
Member since 2009 • 231 Posts
T-Mac has never been out the 1st round of the playoffs.... as a Rocket fan, he failed me a deserves never to be mentioned in entering the HOF. The saddest thing ever is that he played the best 30 seconds in basketball history.No_Hablo_Ingles
i will never forget watching that game in pure astonishment
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
Look, we are talking about the Basketball Hall of Fame, lets just say it's not that exclusive.
Reggie should be a shoe in. Nash should never get to the HOF, period, but he will end up getting there because of idiots. I also LOL'd at Vince Carter and T-Mac being probable-Halftime-
Really, Reggie is a shoe in but anyone who thinks Nash deserves it are idiots? And I suppose you mean LOL at McChoke being probable because he wouldn't sniff a Hall of Fame that were half decent.
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Master_Live
Also T-Mac will probably get in because of all of his awards, especially if he can be a veteran presence for a title contenderWadeFan
And what awards are those? Most Improve Player or Player of the Month in February of 2001?
Mr-Espresso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mr-Espresso
Member since 2011 • 372 Posts

I like Nash...

Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts
I could easily vote for all of those top 12 guys. Dirk sealed it with a championship, and Kidd did too. Allen Iverson is probably the weakest candidate, but not by a lot. The the only other for sure guy I see is Dwight Howard, but give him a few more years of winning records and possible championship to seal his place in the Hall.
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts

Wow it sure is easy to make it into the HoF nowadays. :?

Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lostboy1224
Nash has the stats to get in, plus the MVP's to get in. I don't like him either but try and put your Laker bias away. Also T-Mac will probably get in because of all of his awards, especially if he can be a veteran presence for a title contenderWadeFan
Love or Hate Nash, he has the stats and MVPS to get in. Its funny too cause he could average over 20 PPG, but that isn't his style so he gets team members involved first. He certainly has cons, but his pros just outway them.
youngmurk911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#15 youngmurk911
Member since 2004 • 3895 Posts
I could easily vote for all of those top 12 guys. Dirk sealed it with a championship, and Kidd did too. Allen Iverson is probably the weakest candidate, but not by a lot. The the only other for sure guy I see is Dwight Howard, but give him a few more years of winning records and possible championship to seal his place in the Hall.Lostboy1224
allen iverson should be in the hall of fame.....no questions asked. all the man is missing is a ring, period. one of the best little men of all time.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#16 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Reggie as probable?? you kidding me?

Iverson and Garnett ahead of him? :dead:

kfjl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kfjl
Member since 2004 • 2469 Posts
Some of the people he has in his "no cigar" list have a better chance than Vince Carter or T-Mac. "Everyone remembers his dunks"... people don't get into the HOF because of dunks
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Master_Live

kozzy1234

Wait, you think Reggie has a better resumé than Garnett and Iverson?

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

Wow it sure is easy to make it into the HoF nowadays. :?

Jagged3dge

The basketball HOF has always been easy. They induct like 6 people a year.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#20 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

Master_Live

What I am saying is... if Garnett and Iverson are on the list then so should Reggie Miller, no question about it.

Maybe you are a younger bastkeball fan, but for people who where around for Reggie during his NBA and college career, its obvious as hell that he deserves to be in the HOF and to me personally its kind of a slap in the face to have him just in as probable and some of the others ahead of him.

just my opinion, but I have been watching NBA since 1984 and Reggie is one of the players that Ive seen during that time to now that I think deserves to be in the HOF 100% no questions.

no knock on Garnett or Iverson but if you have them up there on the top list then there is no excuse not to have Reggie up there also.

To put Reggie in a list such as PROBABLE with the likes of TMac and Vince Carter is laughable to me.... to me he should be in the top list.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Ginobli and Gasol are very likely to get in imo even if they retired tomorrow. Not only were they great players in the NBA and won titles , they accomplished a lot before they got there and they had success in in worlds/euros/olympics while they were also in the NBA. The hall-of-fame will look at what they did outside the NBA too and what they meant to the game.

They should at least be on the probable list already.

Major_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Major_Snake
Member since 2007 • 5271 Posts

Pau Gasol wouldn't even be in the discussion, if he didn't end of up in LA. He is a good player yes, but HOF worthy? No way. Kobe's being on the floor, to me, improves his play. If he still was in Memphis... he would be in the "no cigar" area.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Pau Gasol wouldn't even be in the discussion, if he didn't end of up in LA. He is a good player yes, but HOF worthy? No way. Kobe's being on the floor, to me, improves his play. If he still was in Memphis... he would be in the "no cigar" area.

Major_Snake

Part of the hall of fame is ending up on the right team. Guys like Joe Dumars and James Worthy could've had a different type of careers if they had played on teams like Memphis or the Clippers. I think they'll also look at what Gasol did outside the NBA which will help him.

mont13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mont13
Member since 2006 • 1468 Posts

The first name I laughed at was "Vince Carter", he would'nt make the "probable" list in my HOF. Great dunks early on but uninspired play, wasted potential and limited accomplishments afterwards.

I also believe Reggie Miller should be a "shoo-in", I believe he shot his way in and had enough dramatic moments...etc.

sixringz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 sixringz1
Member since 2004 • 1116 Posts

The first name I laughed at was "Vince Carter", he would'nt make the "probable" list in my HOF. Great dunks early on but uninspired play, wasted potential and limited accomplishments afterwards.

I also believe Reggie Miller should be a "shoo-in", I believe he shot his way in and had enough dramatic moments...etc.

mont13

What up Mont? After all these years we finally agree 100 % on something. Vince Carter is the biggest waste of talent of my lifetime. In their prime you could put Vince Carter and Kobe Bryant in a combine style workout in front of people who have never seen or heard of either player, and i guarantee you those people would come out saying that Vince Carter was the more impressive athlete with the bigger upside. But the thing about those combine type workouts is you can't measure a player's heart and desire, and Vince has NEITHER. Just a great athlete who seemed quite content being ONLY that

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 applefan1991  Moderator

[QUOTE="Master_Live"]

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

kozzy1234

What I am saying is... if Garnett and Iverson are on the list then so should Reggie Miller, no question about it.

Maybe you are a younger bastkeball fan, but for people who where around for Reggie during his NBA and college career, its obvious as hell that he deserves to be in the HOF and to me personally its kind of a slap in the face to have him just in as probable and some of the others ahead of him.

just my opinion, but I have been watching NBA since 1984 and Reggie is one of the players that Ive seen during that time to now that I think deserves to be in the HOF 100% no questions.

no knock on Garnett or Iverson but if you have them up there on the top list then there is no excuse not to have Reggie up there also.

To put Reggie in a list such as PROBABLE with the likes of TMac and Vince Carter is laughable to me.... to me he should be in the top list.

I live in Indiana man, and I completely agree with you. But as I stated, he was not voted in this year when he was first eligible, so evidentially he isn't a "shoo-in" but HIGHLY probable nonetheless
mont13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mont13

[QUOTE="mont13"]

sixringz1

What up Mont? After all these years we finally agree 100 % on something. Vince Carter is the biggest waste of talent of my lifetime. In their prime you could put Vince Carter and Kobe Bryant in a combine style workout in front of people who have never seen or heard of either player, and i guarantee you those people would come out saying that Vince Carter was the more impressive athlete with the bigger upside. But the thing about those combine type workouts is you can't measure a player's heart and desire, and Vince has NEITHER. Just a great athlete who seemed quite content being ONLY that

Man, V.C. is one of my biggest disappointments too! I was looking forward to seeing him get better each season and offer some strong competition for Kobe and others. Then he fell off and started talking about how he didn't wanna be known as dunker, bla,bla,bla....the more I watched his play it was obvious he didn't wanna be The Man and did'nt have the will or mentality to be a lead guy.

He really showed that in one of Orlando's playoff games...at a cruicial point in the game he ran baseline as if he was going to get the ball and try to make a play, someone swung it to Jameer Nelson who waited for V.C. to come around,...this dude turned around and ran in the opposite direction, back down the baseline! It was obvious he did'nt want the ball or pressure.

Wow! I'll have to make this a personal holiday......100% agreement!

Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lostboy1224
[QUOTE="mont13"]

[QUOTE="sixringz1"]

[QUOTE="mont13"]

Man, V.C. is one of my biggest disappointments too! I was looking forward to seeing him get better each season and offer some strong competition for Kobe and others. Then he fell off and started talking about how he didn't wanna be known as dunker, bla,bla,bla....the more I watched his play it was obvious he didn't wanna be The Man and did'nt have the will or mentality to be a lead guy.

He really showed that in one of Orlando's playoff games...at a cruicial point in the game he ran baseline as if he was going to get the ball and try to make a play, someone swung it to Jameer Nelson who waited for V.C. to come around,...this dude turned around and ran in the opposite direction, back down the baseline! It was obvious he did'nt want the ball or pressure.

I don't know why he would be afraid, he already has that soft/non-leader player tag on him. If anything he should go balls to the wall and just do as much damage as possible before his career is over. Be the ultimate team player, but I don't think its going to happen. I give more props to the 50 Greatest Players list then I do getting into the hall of fame. There is only room for 50 guys on that list and there is no sneaking into it and no being in the right place at the right time players either. You have to be one of the most dominant players and really make your mark on the game.
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Master_Live
[QUOTE="Lostboy1224"][QUOTE="mont13"]

[QUOTE="sixringz1"]

=I give more props to the 50 Greatest Players list then I do getting into the hall of fame.

Fact. The only thing of this nature that basketball has done right.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
Member since 2007 • 11536 Posts

yao ming will probably get in ;)

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts

Reggie miller should get in without a question lol,

a good probable would be somebody like Robert Horry.

Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Lostboy1224
Robert Horry would be one of those players who fall into that "right place, right time" type players.
Darth_Revan_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Darth_Revan_666

Robert Horry would be one of those players who fall into that "right place, right time" type players. Lostboy1224

Yeah, if Robert Horry wouldn't have been on any of those teams that would bring him to these clutch situations, then he wouldn't been known for being clutch to begin with.

Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Lostboy1224
Not saying he can't hit a three pointer, just saying he isn't know for being a great player. Aside form his years with the Rockets, he never really a great player on his teams. Kind of a player who just plugs in holes when needed and hits the occassional three pointer. Hakeem won it for the Rockets, Shaq and Kobe won it for the Lakers, and Duncan/Manu/Parker won it for the Spurs. He had his moments in the spotlight for hitting some shots, but he was a role player that happened to bounce from one good team to the next.
sixringz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sixringz1
Member since 2004 • 1116 Posts
[QUOTE="Lostboy1224"]Not saying he can't hit a three pointer, just saying he isn't know for being a great player. Aside form his years with the Rockets, he never really a great player on his teams. Kind of a player who just plugs in holes when needed and hits the occassional three pointer. Hakeem won it for the Rockets, Shaq and Kobe won it for the Lakers, and Duncan/Manu/Parker won it for the Spurs. He had his moments in the spotlight for hitting some shots, but he was a role player that happened to bounce from one good team to the next.

Exactly. He was a role player who had a hell of a nack for making clutch shots. But the bottom line is the guy NEVER sniffed and all star team, NEVER sniffed a 1st, 2nd or 3rd all NBA team, and NEVER sniffed an all defensive team. I've heard random people for years try to say he was a hall of famer because of the fact he has so many rings, which is ridiculous. By no means was he a bench player just along for the ride (ie., Adam Morrison), but he was far from the driving force to those teams. I like that "right place, right time" category. He and Steve Kerr would be locks for thta group
BLBxLakers24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 126

#36 BLBxLakers24
Member since 2008 • 1716 Posts

i watched tmac score like 62 or 63 and like 54 the year before !! Orlando was hes greatest years !! NO TALENT ON THAT TEAM !!

mont13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mont13

So, should Horry be a HOF'er or not?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Master_Live
NO.
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts

mont13
Not a chance.
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Master_Live

mont13
The fact that this question can even been entertain goes to show how much of a joke the basketball hall of fame is.
mont13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mont13

[QUOTE="mont13"]

-Halftime-

Not a chance.

I agree

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts

mont13

I say no but he does have a good chance, very good clutch performer indeed.