Nba 2k12 - fights?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts

I just wondering would it be a good feature to have if some sort of player get into alterications/fights, just to make the game more realistic or is it a bad idea?

I think we can used this aspect in my player mode, and if a player gets into too many alterications, he has to pay fines, and he'll lose some respect from the fans. so to sum it up, what you guys think about fights in a nba 2k12 videogame?

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
The NBA wants to distance themselves as much as they can from stuff like that because there are still some people out there who think the league is full of thugs. I really doubt something like this would ever happen.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
no, that'd be dumb. id much rather they just put techs into the game. like players with a high emotion like artest and dwight are more likely to get techs through the season on close foul calls
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
no, that'd be dumb. id much rather they just put techs into the game. like players with a high emotion like artest and dwight are more likely to get techs through the season on close foul callsmems_1224
MVP baseball had something similar. You could argue calls but if you argue to much you would get toss, so you could modeled after that. Maybe players like Artest could get tech's more easy but you would get rewarded by arguing but not passing the threshold and then the refs could give some calls, which is the point or arguing anyways.
youngmurk911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#5 youngmurk911
Member since 2004 • 3895 Posts

c'mon son

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts

And how will this promote the NBA?

chicken9stikk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 chicken9stikk
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
the nba wants to have a nice guy image which is ridiculous in the first place so thats why we don't see techs, flagrant fouls, ejections, blake griffin grapenuts in peoples faces, etc.. basketbal games are too watered down and will never get on par because the hypocrisy image the league wants
jusman97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jusman97
I think it's a nice idea to put Techs, I don't see a use for the emotion rating. Someone said before when you argue you get something out of it or something. But fights would be cool, but it would be dumb for the NBA to promote fighting especially in their leauge.
ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 ohjtbehaaave
Member since 2002 • 2114 Posts
Before adding in fights.... they should put in a 'Work Stoppage' mode to really let the fans feel some NBA realism.
Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts
The NBA pisses me off lately. Just the way the league is run is insane. Owners throw money away on average talent and then cry about not making profits, players get payed a lot and yet it isn't enough, players can't even show emotion anymore for fear of suspensions, God forbid David Stern ever admits anything is wrong with theh league (all the while just pointing to tv ratings), and a lot of coaches don't get a fair shake since most players know the coaches are more likely to get fired then they are. Its sad that there are only a handful of coaches who really have control over their team, and player actually listen to them and try to learn something. Good luck to Mike Brown for getting the Lakers attention since Phil has departed. But anyways at least 2K12 will bring me pleasure without all the red tape.
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18820 Posts
The NBA pisses me off lately. Just the way the league is run is insane. Owners throw money away on average talent and then cry about not making profits, players get payed a lot and yet it isn't enough, players can't even show emotion anymore for fear of suspensions, God forbid David Stern ever admits anything is wrong with theh league (all the while just pointing to tv ratings), and a lot of coaches don't get a fair shake since most players know the coaches are more likely to get fired then they are. Its sad that there are only a handful of coaches who really have control over their team, and player actually listen to them and try to learn something. Good luck to Mike Brown for getting the Lakers attention since Phil has departed. But anyways at least 2K12 will bring me pleasure without all the red tape.Lostboy1224
TV ratings were up during the 2010-2011 season.
jonlicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jonlicks
I dont think there should be fights but there definitely needs too be more conflict in between players.
Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts
[QUOTE="Lostboy1224"]The NBA pisses me off lately. Just the way the league is run is insane. Owners throw money away on average talent and then cry about not making profits, players get payed a lot and yet it isn't enough, players can't even show emotion anymore for fear of suspensions, God forbid David Stern ever admits anything is wrong with theh league (all the while just pointing to tv ratings), and a lot of coaches don't get a fair shake since most players know the coaches are more likely to get fired then they are. Its sad that there are only a handful of coaches who really have control over their team, and player actually listen to them and try to learn something. Good luck to Mike Brown for getting the Lakers attention since Phil has departed. But anyways at least 2K12 will bring me pleasure without all the red tape.PSP107
TV ratings were up during the 2010-2011 season.

yeah, like I said this is about the only thing he can point to and say the league is just fine. Its not hard to believe that people are going to tune in to see if the Heat fly or die in the playoffs and if Kobe ties Jordan's championship total. I'm not trying to say there isn't a lot of great action to be seen on the court, but I'm just tired of the league making bonehead disicions like its no big deal, and then the fans get to pay for it with a lockout that could've been avoided altogether.