MLB 10 The Show Ideas

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dannyray64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dannyray64
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I only have the PS2 version of MLB 09 The Show, but I have played the PS3 version before. I have some ideas for the game that would make it funner and more enjoyable. Here are my ideas: *I first think they need to put in collision detection * They need to have games delayed in season and franchise mode because of weather. * They should let you play in light rain. * In Franchise mode and Season , you should be able to make expansion teams in cities. * In Franchise and Season mode you should be able to make new uniforms and stadiums for your team in case your one of those people that plays your season until 2075. * The Rule 5 Draft in Season Mode. *A playoff game mode where you set the brackets and play through the playoffs. * Better player creator in PS2. * When you draft a player in Season or Franchise mode that's a batter, they get a random player stance, not just generic 1. *More Minor league stadiums *Single A teams *Actual Prospects * Put a computer generated face instead of a black shadow for a drafted or created player(PS2 because I know PS3 has it) *Be able to sign a player or a coach to an extension in the middle of the season. * Have a recap of the game you just played after the game(I think PS3 has it not PS2) Thanks for all your suggestions ahead of time!
PrimusGears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 PrimusGears
Member since 2008 • 1594 Posts

i just want full colllision detection, that means all flights of the ball, into foul ground, into the stands, and full bouncing around of the ball, Home Runs smashing off things, just realistic baseball physics for the whole time, hate when a homerun is hit and it just floats through the fans....

cLAssic_BLUE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 cLAssic_BLUE
Member since 2007 • 599 Posts

the one thing i really want is when im playing the computer for the pace of games to be faster. i cant stand how every time the computers pitcher is in the wind up he gets the sign from the catcher, nods yes, comes set and finally starts his pitch. really cmon this just kills me. 9 inning games take foreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18792 Posts
1. local/online team play(think MVP 06 but better and customizable) 2. Bring back putting ur face in the game using the PSeye in the PS3 version 3. Improved custom soundtracks. I like u can play music during games but it's lame u cant switch songs on the fly 4. option to not worry about AA/AAA teams 5. Better player models 6. along with using the eye for face mapping, i want more create a player options. i mean i have a long pony tail that converts to long braids. 7.improved graphics 8. why do we have to press start to to warmup pitchers now? in the past(PS2), R2 or L2 brings up subs during games. 9. more user impact on bunts 10. Improved load times. the loads times was unaccetable in 09 11. better navigation menu. i hate pressing pressing R1 to get to audio or online mode.
dannyray64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dannyray64
Bump.
Ceneb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ceneb
Member since 2009 • 754 Posts
The latest MLB Show wasn't bad, I like it a lot more than the 2k baseball games.
iluvbasball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 iluvbasball
1) Stadium Custamization. 2) Weather changes 3) Charge the mound fights (kinda like nhl 09) and others
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Hehe my favorite part of these games is build a stadium, it's a shame MAdden hasn't really added anything. I wonder what the edior would be like for a baseball stadium.
akfan25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 akfan25

I think that mlb 10 should have umpires and the ability to see the pitchers warming up in the bullpen and the coaches in the dugout.

Avatar image for SilentHurricane
SilentHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 SilentHurricane
How about the ability to argue calls and ask for replay of homeruns
marc0873

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 marc0873

Can SCEA make their own soccer game or can thay ea us SCEA machine to make fifa 11 please. fifa 11 must be the best one

GenkiDama-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GenkiDama-
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Just collision detection plz, home run derby and more crowd detail. But everything else in 09 was top notch.
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#14 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

I would like them to let you take your Road to the Show player online and join teams and let you play your position. That would rock! Waiting for your turn to bat would kind of suck but still, it could be pretty sick! And yeah, animations for reaching over the walls and stuff on pop ups that are right on the edge. That's annoying!

mechberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mechberg
Member since 2004 • 2148 Posts

I would like them to let you take your Road to the Show player online and join teams and let you play your position. That would rock! Waiting for your turn to bat would kind of suck but still, it could be pretty sick! And yeah, animations for reaching over the walls and stuff on pop ups that are right on the edge. That's annoying!

nickdastick
On one level I like the idea and think there would be a segment of folks who would play it online but I think for the casual baseball fan it would be excruciating, not just waiting to bat, but waiting for a ball to come your way when fielding or, if you played late relief, waiting for your chance to come into the game.
mechberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mechberg
Member since 2004 • 2148 Posts

Incidentally, if you haven't seen it yet, Sony has released the full feature list for MLB 10: The Show. As in previous years, it's a huge list of additions and tweaks. I'm most interested in the new pitching drills (I always play as a SP in RTTS mode) and the new catcher mode as well. From the looks of it, Sony put a big focus on online play this year too, which I know was a problem in MLB 09.

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#17 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

[QUOTE="nickdastick"]

BrianEk

On one level I like the idea and think there would be a segment of folks who would play it online but I think for the casual baseball fan it would be excruciating, not just waiting to bat, but waiting for a ball to come your way when fielding or, if you played late relief, waiting for your chance to come into the game.

Yeah, after I had posted that I thought about it and it would be very boring for most people. Obviously it works for basketball, soccer, and hockey very well (and I think it would work pretty well for football (have each player pick a spot on offense and defense), but baseball would be too much. You'd have to be extremely hardcore! I love sports, but I would probably get sick of waiting that long too.

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts
the game was nearly flawless. The only thing i'd like them to fix is the baserunning. As far as the features go i'm happy to see you can assign music to the entire team instead of doing each batter individually