mcnabb not going anywhere

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kgould01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 kgould01
Member since 2007 • 837 Posts
mcnabb really looked good this week against the saints. i think hes not going anywhere and he has more let in him then people think. next year they get a no. 1 wr and they are good. what do u think?
cobb45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 cobb45
Member since 2004 • 1179 Posts

if their smart they will keep mcnabb, he just needs to stay healthy. Make kolb the #2 qb, good chance mcnabb could get injured and see if this kolb is the qb of the future and is as good as they think he could be.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Just_Osmo
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts

Wow, press the caps lock again buddy.

Anyways, Phillie has ruined it for themselves by treating mcnabb like a piece of crap. He wwon't stay there even if they decide they want him to.

patsfan83428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 patsfan83428
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts
i would chill with Mcnabb. Go to disney and drink some Kool Aid
Masterhalo16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Masterhalo16
Member since 2007 • 134 Posts
Yeah when healthy he is a monster
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#7 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Wouldnt be surprised to see them trading McNabb in the off season. As he has good trade value now with playing healthy and well right now. Having Feeley as the starter with Kolb coming in midway through the season.
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 manningbowl135
Member since 2006 • 7457 Posts
He should go. Eagles fans (the ones that turned on him) don't deserve him. Took them to prominence so many times and after a couple of injury plagued season, they treat him like the plague. He should go to another team. Ravens could use him.
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts

He'll stay. Management knows he's just getting back to full speed from the knee injury.

Whoever thinks AJ Feeley or Kevin Kolb is a better option isa fool. You saw how turnover prone Feeley is, & Kolb is an unproven division 2 player. There's no telling how good or bad he'll be.

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#10 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

I understand he has gotten injured the last few years but he is SO effective when he's not injured. It's just dumb when they keep talking about Kolb being the future sooner rather than later. Look at Favre and Rogers. Yeah Favre never gets hurt but still... McNabb is a stud and they need to just let him leave on his own terms when he wants and not keep talking about his time being up.

mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts
That was the McNabb I remember. I think McNabb should go to another team and have success wherever he goes. I agree with Manningbowl for a change. Philadelphia doesn't deserve him.
kdt55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kdt55
Member since 2004 • 2525 Posts
As long as Andy Reid is coach, Mcnabb isn't going anywhere.
B05T0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 B05T0N
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
I've never been a big fan of Dono--I've been pushing for us to deal him for years. He's one of the worst pure passers I've ever seen. Funny thing is, Feeley makes so many throws Dono cant. I think he'll likely be around for a few more years though. Unfortunately.
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Just_Osmo

I've never been a big fan of Dono--I've been pushing for us to deal him for years. He's one of the worst pure passers I've ever seen. Funny thing is, Feeley makes so many throws Dono cant. I think he'll likely be around for a few more years though. Unfortunately.B05T0N

Your a Sox fan who is a eagles fan?

gatorforlife07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#15 gatorforlife07
Member since 2007 • 1098 Posts
i think that it will be a big gain for the Eagles if he stays
B05T0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 B05T0N

[QUOTE="B05T0N"]I've never been a big fan of Dono--I've been pushing for us to deal him for years. He's one of the worst pure passers I've ever seen. Funny thing is, Feeley makes so many throws Dono cant. I think he'll likely be around for a few more years though. Unfortunately.Just_Osmo

I'm from Philadelphia.
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 -Halftime-
[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

[QUOTE="B05T0N"]I've never been a big fan of Dono--I've been pushing for us to deal him for years. He's one of the worst pure passers I've ever seen. Funny thing is, Feeley makes so many throws Dono cant. I think he'll likely be around for a few more years though. Unfortunately.B05T0N

I'm from Philadelphia.

Awesome, where in Philly are you from?

I'm from Hartranft, but I used to live in Point Breeze.

B05T0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 B05T0N
[QUOTE="B05T0N"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

[QUOTE="B05T0N"]I've never been a big fan of Dono--I've been pushing for us to deal him for years. He's one of the worst pure passers I've ever seen. Funny thing is, Feeley makes so many throws Dono cant. I think he'll likely be around for a few more years though. Unfortunately.-Halftime-

I'm from Philadelphia.

I'm from the suburbs, but I go to college in the city.
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Just_Osmo
[QUOTE="-Halftime-"][QUOTE="B05T0N"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

[QUOTE="B05T0N"]I've never been a big fan of Dono--I've been pushing for us to deal him for years. He's one of the worst pure passers I've ever seen. Funny thing is, Feeley makes so many throws Dono cant. I think he'll likely be around for a few more years though. Unfortunately.B05T0N

I'm from Philadelphia.

Do you have any family or soemthing from New England?

B05T0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 B05T0N
[QUOTE="B05T0N"][QUOTE="-Halftime-"][QUOTE="B05T0N"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

[QUOTE="B05T0N"]I've never been a big fan of Dono--I've been pushing for us to deal him for years. He's one of the worst pure passers I've ever seen. Funny thing is, Feeley makes so many throws Dono cant. I think he'll likely be around for a few more years though. Unfortunately.Just_Osmo

I'm from Philadelphia.

Do you have any family or soemthing from New England?

Nope. I was at BU for a semester. Don't try playing the bandwagon card, I've been a Sox fan since I was 7...
Dreski83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#21 Dreski83
Member since 2003 • 1104 Posts
McNabb... Eagles... why are so many people against that combo?! Since day one people didn't like him nor wanted him, but whenever he does good all praise for the great McNabb. I say keep'em and build around the dude... at least 2 solid years are left in good fella
ForsbergFan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ForsbergFan21
Member since 2003 • 2908 Posts
I think McNabb is finished. The guy is injury prone and the whole but he plays very well when is he healthy is a joke because the guy is never healthy and will never ever be 100%. The only thing he'll be good for is to be on a team that absolutely needs a QB like the Bears and Falcons IMO.
dcowboys3315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dcowboys3315
Member since 2004 • 3044 Posts
they will have him another yr. but don't expect to see any superbowls with him.
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 -Halftime-

I think McNabb is finished. The guy is injury prone and the whole but he plays very well when is he healthy is a joke because the guy is never healthy and will never ever be 100%. The only thing he'll be good for is to be on a team that absolutely needs a QB like the Bears and Falcons IMO. ForsbergFan21

He played 15 games this year:|

People need to let go of the injury prone stuff... He's proved he can stay healthy this year. Tearing your ACL doesn't make you "injury prone". It can happen to anyone.

dcowboys3315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dcowboys3315

[QUOTE="ForsbergFan21"]I think McNabb is finished. The guy is injury prone and the whole but he plays very well when is he healthy is a joke because the guy is never healthy and will never ever be 100%. The only thing he'll be good for is to be on a team that absolutely needs a QB like the Bears and Falcons IMO. -Halftime-

People need to let go of the injury prone stuff... He's proved he can stay healthy this year. Tearing your ACL doesn't make you "injury prone". It can happen to anyone.

am i missing something here or did he not get hurt again this yr?

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -Halftime-
[QUOTE="-Halftime-"]

[QUOTE="ForsbergFan21"]I think McNabb is finished. The guy is injury prone and the whole but he plays very well when is he healthy is a joke because the guy is never healthy and will never ever be 100%. The only thing he'll be good for is to be on a team that absolutely needs a QB like the Bears and Falcons IMO. dcowboys3315

He sprained his ankle & missed two games. Big ****ing deal. Garrard missed more games than McNabb this year yet I don't hear anyone calling him injury prone.

dcowboys3315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dcowboys3315
[QUOTE="dcowboys3315"][QUOTE="-Halftime-"]

[QUOTE="ForsbergFan21"]I think McNabb is finished. The guy is injury prone and the whole but he plays very well when is he healthy is a joke because the guy is never healthy and will never ever be 100%. The only thing he'll be good for is to be on a team that absolutely needs a QB like the Bears and Falcons IMO. -Halftime-

He sprained his ankle & missed two games. Big ****ing deal. Garrard missed more games than McNabb this year yet I don't hear anyone calling him injury prone.

ok this yr, but he still yet again got hurt. when is mcnabb not hurt?

NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts
[QUOTE="-Halftime-"][QUOTE="dcowboys3315"][QUOTE="-Halftime-"]

[QUOTE="ForsbergFan21"]I think McNabb is finished. The guy is injury prone and the whole but he plays very well when is he healthy is a joke because the guy is never healthy and will never ever be 100%. The only thing he'll be good for is to be on a team that absolutely needs a QB like the Bears and Falcons IMO. dcowboys3315

ok this yr, but he still yet again got hurt. when is mcnabb not hurt?

SB season. Played all games, and honestly who doesnt get hurt in football?Most players just play through the pain.
dcowboys3315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dcowboys3315

oo yea i remember that. my bad he was sick in the super bowl. not injured.

and how does 3 major injuries not count as injury prone? thats not even counting all the ones in between

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 -Halftime-

and how does 3 major injuries not count as injury prone? thats not even counting all the ones in between

dcowboys3315

McNabb played in all games in 2000, 2001, 2003, & 2004.

Furthermore, he played in 15 games this year.

That hard;y constitutes as injury prone. 2 injuries doesn't make him "injury prone". & only one of the injuries was "major" (The ACL)

Missing a game or two a year doesn't make you injury prone. It's a contact sport.

ForsbergFan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ForsbergFan21
Member since 2003 • 2908 Posts
9 Seasons but only played a full season 3 times. If that isn't injury prone, I don't know what it is. Sure, you're allowed to miss a game here and there but come on, the guy is injury prone but also, he seems to be more inconsistent now then before. Most guys who get a torn ACL are never the same when they come back and that's why they drafted Kolb.
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 manningbowl135
[QUOTE="dcowboys3315"]

-Halftime-

That hard;y constitutes as injury prone. 2 injuries doesn't make him "injury prone". & only one of the injuries was "major" (The ACL)

Missing a game or two a year doesn't make you injury prone. It's a contact sport.

4 out of 9? That's a whole lot of injuries. He isn't exactly Favre.

Running QBs get a lot of injuries. Vick missed a lot of time, McNabb and Young has had some injury problems early in his career.

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 -Halftime-
[QUOTE="-Halftime-"][QUOTE="dcowboys3315"]

manningbowl135

Running QBs get a lot of injuries. Vick missed a lot of time, McNabb and Young has had some injury problems early in his career.

My point was he has only had 2 season ending injuries. Besides that he's never missed significant time because of an injury. The only other time I can think of McNabb missing more than 2 games in a season was in 2002, & he came back in time to get us to the NFC Championship.

Look it up. "That's a whole lot of injuries" WTF are you talking about? Look up his injury history. He's only missed signficant time because of an injury twice in his career. Twice. In 9 seasons. Twice.Then you guys get all "OMG INJUYRYH PRONE LOLOLOLO" McNabb has missed19 games because of injury in his career asa starter.. Almost all of those games he missed come from 2 years(2005 & 2006, he missed 7 in 05 & 6 in 06). Besides those 2 years I don't see how you can say he's inury prone. 13 of the 19 games he's missed has come from 2 seasons, & the other6 are from 2002.That's not a "Whole lot of injuries" as you put it. Also 1999 doesn't even count as a year cus McNabb wasn't the starter that season & didn't play till the middle of the year.

But I guess 3 injuries makes you injury prone. I really guess it does.

Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#34 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts

Let me gaze into my crystal ball....

It says....

I cannot predict the future.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 manningbowl135
[QUOTE="manningbowl135"][QUOTE="-Halftime-"][QUOTE="dcowboys3315"]

-Halftime-

But I guess 3 injuries makes you injury prone. I really guess it does.

You said he fully played 4 seasons. If all his missed starts were in 1999, 2005 and 2006, how could he not play all the games in 2002?

And of course 3 injuries make you injury prone! How many injuries do you need? Manning has never missed a start in his career, nor did Eli, not Brady, Favre or even Palmer (despite having a massive injury). And I really don't know where you come from, but missing a couple games every year does make you injury prone (this is not about McNabb, just what you said in your previous post).

Forget about the 9 seasons. He wasn't injury prone early in his career. In the last 3 seasons, he's had some bad injuries. If he keeps missing time b/c of injuries, he's injury-prone.

BTW who IS injury-prone in the NFL in your mind?

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
He'll be in a Bears uniform :D Bottom line is the people of Philly are ingrates and they boo you for anything, he'll go back home to the Bears.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
I don't think it is a question of what managment and coaches want. Does McNabb really want to stay? That's the question.