Manchester United squad additions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

_Judas_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By _Judas_
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts

Been paying attention to "silly season" now, and hopes of signing new players vanish with each day. I hope we'll not get another Fellaini-incident.

So United lost in their opening game against Welsh side Swansea. Van Gaal's new formation proved to be troublesome against a defensive Swansea side, and with players out with injury the game taught us that Manchester United is in need of some reinforcement.

There's alot of talk about Angel Di Maria and Arturo Vidal. A new signing just brought in Rojo from Argentina to play in defence. I'd wish they'd brind back Pique, a player that I was very displeased to see go, but he's a regular for RM now. Here's my thoughts on Vidal and Di Maria:

-Though Di Maria is a tremendous player, I feel he is not necessary at United at this point. Di Maria is an attacking forward/midfielder, and we already have those positions covered with Valencia, Welbeck, Rooney, "reborn" Young, Januzaj, Mata, Zaha (?)...the list goes on.

-What United REALLY need right now, is a player that can control the game. An established player, not necessarily a young prospect. A midfield player that is defensive-minded, and has a great passing foot.
My first choice would be Sami Khedira, and followed up by Xabi Alonso.

-Vidal has already suggested (agents) that he will not go to United, so..that is settled...(?)

Do you have any thoughts on the current United-side, and what options or additions that would be helpful? It is no question that United is performing under par, we United-fans know that these players should perform better and maybe they will under Van Gaal. Please give me your thoughts or comments :)

Brutal_Elitegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Brutal_Elitegs
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts

@_Judas_ said:

-Though Di Maria is a tremendous player, I feel he is not necessary at United at this point. Di Maria is an attacking forward/midfielder, and we already have those positions covered with Valencia, Welbeck, Rooney, "reborn" Young, Januzaj, Mata, Zaha (?)...the list goes on.

None of them are as good as Di Maria. We lack serious pace in the team, only Januzaj is able to beat a man (Zaha is as much use as a chocolate teapot). Teams know this and they are far too comfortable defending. Di Maria is absolutely necessary, unless you want to see us struggle to break down teams at Old Trafford with slow possession football, with absolutely no threat on the counter. You just have to look at how much Ancelotti and Madrid's fans want to keep him to know how much of an asset he is. You don't pass up on someone like Di Maria if he's available, and it looks like we have a clear run at him if we stump up the cash as PSG seem to have backed out. I distinctly remember people saying RVP was surplus to requirements and look how that turned out. Also, Di Maria excelled in part of a midfield three last season, and with his high energy he's a useful player to have (especially seeing as how I'm starting to get the niggling feeling of just why Mourinho didn't mind getting rid of Mata).

But yes, we absolutely do need strengthening in midfield, especially with the horrendous amount of injuries we are picking up (Herrera and Fellaini to add to the list this week).

_Judas_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 _Judas_

@Brutal_Elitegs: Very true. Espeially since Valencia is out. he may not be the quickest, but he gets around defenders. I very much like Januzaj -- only thing I wonder is why he was used so sparingly during pre-season. He's fast, excellent on the ball, but often a bit selfish, don't you agree? Know -- bare in mind, many players on th squad could be a bit MORE selfish. Both Mata and Young have the ability to run at defenders, same with Van Persie.

I am often very careful when comparing players with each other -- it all depends on team mates. Di Maria is very fast, yes, and he does well to get around defenders and lob the ball into the box, I'll give him that.

A fit squad will consist of both Valencia and Young. Note; I am not AGAINST signing Di Maria. As I stated, he is a tremendous player. But, I feel we have sufficient coverage there, and the price they're asking is quite a lot. I guess I haven't studied Di Maria's defensive capabilites to much. I did keep an eye on Sami Khedira during WC and he is a player I really like. I wouldn't hurt to get both? :p I believe we need a new Scholes now that Januzaj appears as the new Giggs.

You very much hope for a Di Maria-deal? Who else do you think would fit into the current United uniform?

EDIT : I see that United are "considering" both Alonso and Khedira as well as Di Maria. Awesome!

EDIT 2: Now I'm reading that Wellbeck might be on the way out. Pity. I like Wellbeck.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@_Judas_ said:

-What United REALLY need right now, is a player that can control the game. An established player, not necessarily a young prospect. A midfield player that is defensive-minded, and has a great passing foot.

My first choice would be Sami Khedira, and followed up by Xabi Alonso.

-Vidal has already suggested (agents) that he will not go to United, so..that is settled...(?)

Di Maria would improve the team, those players you list I see some of them as deadwood that should be sold. ie Welbeck, Young,Zaha.

I think United need two midfielders, one who has an engine and one who can control the game.

So Khedira would be excellent, and a player like blaisematuidi or Ramieres for the engine and energy.

I still think United need another defender, I'm sure if Rojo is a natural centre back or not, I thought he was a left back. Even another defender would help. If He or Jones are injured United would be screwed.

_Judas_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 _Judas_

@thehig1: looks like Wellbeck will be out the door soon... tough, I liked Wellbeck. Maybe James WIlson will step up, or a place for Di Maria (the way I see it).

I agree with you; United need a new Scholes... Darren Fletcher, god bless him, isn't up for the role, I'm sorry to say.
I am a fan of Khedira, as said before, and a potential deal would be awesome. I too am a fan of Ramires, who'd have to make room for Chelsea's new guys. He's a real engine, create chances, and has a good nose for goals as well. I like him. Man, Ramires and Khedira would be awesome! I'm not too familiar with Blaise Matuidi: I know he's powerful, a rock.

In defense I am concerned, actually. With Vidic gone, a born leader, we are left with Jones, Smalling, Evans, Rojo, Carrick (sometimes, though I don't like it), Keane. I hope Rafael, I player I am very fond of, still will have a place in the team. I agree that I would like some back-up here aswell. I like Pique, as mentioned before, and I was utterly devestated to see him go.... and also Vlaar. This will probably not happen. Tomorrow'll be three points for the Red Devils.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 thehig1

@_Judas_: why do you like Welbeck ? if your Manchester United Fan you know he just isn't talented enough to grace old trafford. Same goes for players like Zaha, Young, Smalling, Evans, Fletcher(unlucky for him never the same after the injury)

If United sign another defender, which they really should do. It shouldn't be for back up, Man United should never sign any player for back up they can always aim higher than that.

I Think any signing to your club should be intended for your first 11, creates more competition and true strength in depth. Although with no Europe United don't need a lot of depth this year, but creating a core squad is crucial.

Ron Vlaar would be excellent, with him Rojo and Jones all competing for a centre back spot, Shaw on the left and Rafa on the right, that would be pretty strong.

What do you make of Herrera anyway ?, he plays a little deeper than Mata and could be that possession player

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@_Judas_ said:

@thehig1: looks like Wellbeck will be out the door soon... tough, I liked Wellbeck. Maybe James WIlson will step up, or a place for Di Maria (the way I see it).

I agree with you; United need a new Scholes... Darren Fletcher, god bless him, isn't up for the role, I'm sorry to say.

I am a fan of Khedira, as said before, and a potential deal would be awesome. I too am a fan of Ramires, who'd have to make room for Chelsea's new guys. He's a real engine, create chances, and has a good nose for goals as well. I like him. Man, Ramires and Khedira would be awesome! I'm not too familiar with Blaise Matuidi: I know he's powerful, a rock.

In defense I am concerned, actually. With Vidic gone, a born leader, we are left with Jones, Smalling, Evans, Rojo, Carrick (sometimes, though I don't like it), Keane. I hope Rafael, I player I am very fond of, still will have a place in the team. I agree that I would like some back-up here aswell. I like Pique, as mentioned before, and I was utterly devestated to see him go.... and also Vlaar. This will probably not happen. Tomorrow'll be three points for the Red Devils.

Welbeck is a decent backup with pace but he should never be leading the line on a club like United. Depending on how much of a pay cut he is willing to take I would probably keep him. Sure he looks like Bambi on ice sometimes but he's still a decent striker.

Khedira is a decent player but he never tracks back to defend - United need someone like Xabi Alonso or the young Portugese player William Carvalho. My boy Matic would be great on United, just the kind of player they miss. Van Gaal seems to like Daley Blind and I think that would be a good choice too. Then a creative passing mid to play alongside that burly DM is needed. Moyes really wanted Fabregas and Toni Kroos and with all honesty, they should have went for one of them. Fabregas is looking like a revelation thus far and Kroos can only get better.

Need a new RB and CB. Rojo is a good player but has serious discipline issues and is known to attack a little too much. Hummels is the best of the best that is able to be purchased within a decent price range. I really like Raphael Varane too but doubt he would want to leave Madrid for any other team but Chelsea.

Also, Di Maria is looking like a done deal at this point. They probably need another winger and since Depay signed an extension, Cuadrado is still available. United really should have tried to get Griezmann before he went to Atletico.

_Judas_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 _Judas_

@thehig1: I like Wellbeck ; he's young, he's quick, he's good on the ball, physically fit -- a decent striker. I feel he's been unlucky (?) at United. He has served as a decent back-up for United as the fourth pick (Rooney, Van persie, Hernandez), and I really have faith in him, but watching last seasong I consider him extremely unlucky -- this could, of coure, be skill-related, but I definitely see "potential" in him.

Zaha is another player which has been "unlucky". I feel he's had some decent performances, the crowd seems to love his antics (dribbles and tricks along the wing). Young has been really decent during pre-season, but ... I don't know... he could play better. Maybe he doesn't favour his position? Smalling is pretty rubbish, Evans, I like. Fletcher is a fighter and a thinker, but I've never liked him, sadly. I feel he's never had that quality to "grave Old Trafford" actually. Maybe because he's always been in the shadow of Carrick, Scholes, Cleverly (lol), Kagawa, even Anderson...

I agree. If we buy, we buy veterans/seasoned players instead of youngsters and prospects. We have plenty of these.

I agree here also. Would be a strong back-line. Shaw and Rafael devestating the flanks with offensive runs.

Herrera ; I was highly skeptical when we first signed him. I didn't have much information about Herrera before he joined United. He plays deeper, yes, and functions as a old school central midfielder in many ways. He's acts as a possession player, and had some very delicate passes during pre-season, but against Swansea messed up many important and simple passes. He seems to have great vision, a keen eye and a sharp understanding of the game (vs. La Galaxy), but needs to practice more on passing, maybe. In bigger games (vs. Real Madrid, Liverpool) Herrera displayed tremendous work-rate both defensive and aggresive (off the ball), which pleased me. I believe that his marking of Sterling, Henderson (?) might've been very important against Liverpools build-up. In the game against Valencia he showed he's not afraid to tackle. I am very optimistical, yes... I like him. He works very well together with Fletcher though.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thehig1

@_Judas_: Sunderland game was not very good, not what I expected I thought we would have seen a good performance. United seem slow to get the ball forward and uncomfortable on the ball.

If United fail to get a good centre midfielder, maybe consider Rooney at centre midfield and Van Persie up front when hes fit. Rooney is a player you want on the ball.

In Centre midfield as captain it might work, he will demand the ball of the defence and start forward moves, getting it forward to Mata, De Maria and Van Persie etc etc.

What was your take on the game ?

I'm an Everton fan by the way, but i've always wanted United to do well. If United succeed it annoys Liverpool fans :)

_Judas_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By _Judas_

@thehig1: ah, the game was rubbish.

passing: the passing game needs to improve. Too often I see weak passing, and too many passes that have little creative spark. I agree with you: United look really uncomfortable... maybe the players lack self-esteem which kills of any creativity. Too many times, after a session of sloppy passing, they bash the ball upfield in an attempt to get a "free" chance. This just looks desperate to me. Keep passing and searching for opportunities.

More creativity/flair :They lack individual creativity; many United players are skilled dribblers (Van Persie, Young, Rooney, Januzaj, MATA, Fletcher...lol, just kidding) and I wish to see a little more offensive runs with the ball. You know, as I sat down with my scarf and lucky Giggs-figurine and started watching the game, I immediately felt that this is going to be a slow game. I hate that feeling.

midfield: oh my...the midfield nightmare continues... at times like these, I really loathe injuries. I like to see Rooney deeper, but know that he doesn't like to play in that role, and that's what sparked the Rooney controversy a few years back... he didn't like to be played as an offensive midfielder. Now it seems the Di Maria-deal is good to go. Hurrah...but that doesn't fix our midfield problem. 60 million quid......he better shit gold, or at least a few trophies.They really need someone who can and will move with the ball, drag in defenders/players and pass the ball with venom. Lots of teams use double containing against United (from an already defensive style), which, if done correctly, we could easily bypass two-three players in midfield.

The "senior" players need to step-up: Van persie, Rooney, Young, Valencia (which was a shadow of himself);these players need to play better...as simple as that.

On the plus side: I really like Blackett and the fact that he gets to play. I often approve of youngsters (in moderation) and hopefully I'll get to see some today.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, this game would benefit wildly with the addition of Herrera, based on his earlier games. Remember how Rooney USED to fight for the ball in the early games, he was nicknamed the pitbull because he chased down the ball very aggresivally -- this is Herrera at his best: a midfield fighter.

I am very disappointed... especially based on the performances from the pre-season...I know this can't be compared, but still -- I really thought Van Gaal had already stamped his authority and genius on the team. United are slow and unconsistent in their build-up. Passes look to be kicked by three-year olds: pace on the ball, please! Something needs to be done, and hopefully a win in the Carlings Cup will infuse the players with a little self-esteem.

I always enjoy it when Liverpool lose -- even when losing to City :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Di Mariaaaaaa

Brutal_Elitegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Brutal_Elitegs

Ugh... The only consolation is that I didn't have to watch that turgid shit and instead went to the Proms.

RodneyCourts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RodneyCourts
Member since 2014 • 66 Posts

United, despite spending more than 120 million pounds on players in Woodward's 14 months in charge of club business, were woefully short of stardust. Juan Mata, captured for 37 million pounds and paraded like a trophy in January, looked hugely short of being such a player.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 thehig1

@_Judas_: What your post match thoughts then ?

Seen both Everton and Manchester United games yesterday, the Everton Match was a thriller, we just couldn't stop scoring but we made a fight of it and we will win a lot of games this season I'm sure of it.

The United would have been very frustration for a United Fan, Van Persie, Di Maria, Rooney and Mata could not create a goal, I didn't even see a clear cut chance.

United were unlucky with penalty decisions, both of the penalty shouts could easy have been given on another day.

One problem I saw is the ball does not come forward quick enough, if defence have possession they always seem to under heavy pressure and end up hoofing it or loosing it.

United miss a Rio Ferdinand type of player here, a defender who is really comfortable on the ball. There was some joy when Rooney or even Fletcher dropped really deep to collect the ball.

I wonder if playing Fletcher deeper would help, hes not world class but hes comfortable under pressure on the ball and may give the defense confidence if hes always available for a pass.

Even though he is 33, Micheal Carrick will be boost when he returns.

_Judas_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By _Judas_

@thehig1: Tough times, my friend, tough times for a Man United-fan.

The game itself was horrendous. I highly expected a win against newly-promoted Burnley. I await, in horror, for bigger games against teams like L'pool, Chelsea (a side which looks really good, by the way), and Arsenal, even Tottenham and Everton. The transfer-saga comes towards the end and we've gotten Di Maria, for the price of three! players, Rojo, youngster center-back, Herrera; a player I really like, and over-priced Shaw.. United seems truely stunned, slow and lack of creation. They need experienced players like Vidic in defense...we've got young talent...we don't need more (yet).

United look really robbed of morale and self-confident. It's horrible to watch great stars like Van Persie, Mata, and Rooney fade so badly.

Again, as last game, the passes don't work. We also lack the command of the "third" pitch. I'll admit that huge-signing Angel Di Maria did create some chances, one straight out of FIFA 14 (lobbed through-ball) and some on the wing position. Not a good sight when he sat down on the mat...

I want to see more movement off-the-ball and runs into space. Simple overlaps, advanced overlaps, and a better understanding between the entire midfield section. Players like Di Maria and Mata have to come quite deep to collect, too many passes across the field which eventually ends up with the ball being hoofed up-field. More aggression in defense. Carrick and Herrera, despite his short period with the club, will definitely add some spark to the game. Add Luke Shaw for more pacey overlaps and added exploitation of the wings. I can see a great combination of Di Maria, Herrera and Shaw/Van Persie.

Mata needs to grasp a position or role as trequartista (nr.10), and act more as a playmaker instead of a possesion-player, I feel. Carrick (possession) and Herrera (playmaker) will present more chances, I believe.

Last season proved to be a season of record-breaking....every team that hadn't won at Old Trafford did so... and the trend continues, sadly.

The Everton-Chelsea-game was highly entertaining! Wow, what a game! Good to see Eto'o and I am fond of Coleman (poor chap) and Baines. Too bad about the result, but you have to admit: that was one hell of a game.

@rodneycourts : Mata is a very valuable player; he is brilliant, and I am very glad we got him. Sad thing is, I'm not sure Van Gaal/Moyes is using him right. He prefers a more speedy game-plan, but Van Gaal seems to favour a more slow-paced and possession-styled game.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 thehig1

@_Judas_: the everton game was one hell of a match, although some concerns with our defence so far this season. We have conceded 10 goals in 3 games now.

I may be being a little harsh on yesterday, it was a freak game, but our defence could not get any near chelsea attacking players. Were all spent up now so this is the team for the season.

I'm not looking forward to the derby, I can see it being a repeat of the Chelsea game, good match lots of goals but ultimately us conceding far too many.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By thehig1

@_Judas_: Manchester United sign Falcao for the season, a great player but hes not really what they need. Unless Welbeck is certainly going.

Loose Ferdinand and Vidic, so lets replace them with Di Maria and Falcao haha.

I'm sure Van Gaal is not stupid, and he will sign one more player before the window shuts later, hopefully that dominant centre back.

My shortlist of centre backs who I think would make a difference

Mateo Musacchio

Currently at Villarreal, a talented defender he is quick and comfortable on the ball. He his only 24 but have already got plenty of experience at club and international level.

Héctor Moreno

He had a good world cup, reads the game well. He's 26 with plenty of experience. However he got injured pretty bad in the world cup I'm not too sure if he is fit yet and would pass a medical.

Giorgio Chiellini

One of the worlds best centre backs, would be a real statement of intent to sign him. However its a very unrealistic suggestion. He's a Juventus legend so he's unlikely to want to leave. He is 30 already so would nor represent value for money, and Juventus would demand a huge fee to let him go.

Mats Hummels

Manchester United were actually linked with Hummels through the summer, a ball playing centre defender who had an excellent world cup with Germany. He is certainly the blueprint for a defender Manchester United need.

Benedikt Höwedes

The Schalke club captain, hes a born leader but only signed a 4 year contract last season so like a lot of world class options, he wont be cheap.

Ryan Shawcross

Would likely cost less than 10 million, I really rate Shawcross. He is big and strong and aggressive. Also when he has the ball he his calm and collected and will drive forward into space if not being closed down. Shawcross has been loyal to Stoke, so hes likely to be loyal to his next club. He's a top 4 player.

At 26 hes young for a centre back, but has plenty of Premiership experience, he is the most realistic buy of the list.

_Judas_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 _Judas_

@thehig1: True... the Falcao season-long loan came as a surprise. Not what we need, I agree, but he's a good player. Have'nt seen much from him -- was hoping seeing him during WC, but he was injured.

Up front is not where we need players... Chicharito seems to be going the other way, to Real Madrid, on load....keeping the bench warm, allright! haha
Javier Hernandez is a true poacher, but one of the poorest strikers in the PL. Don't you agree?

Shawcross, Hummels, Vlaar, Pique, Dante. Need someone who can command those other bastards. Big and strong -- carry the torch after Vidic. Damn it, why did he leave??!

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 thehig1

@_Judas_: He would have stayed if Moyes was not manager last season I think.

Brutal_Elitegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Brutal_Elitegs

We've replaced RVP before Arsenal have.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Radamel Falcao’s season-long loan to Manchester United will cost the Old Trafford club a staggering £24 million, with the forward’s £346,000-a-week Monaco salary being paid in full by United.

GOD DAMN

Brutal_Elitegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Brutal_Elitegs

@Aljosa23 said:

Radamel Falcao’s season-long loan to Manchester United will cost the Old Trafford club a staggering £24 million, with the forward’s £346,000-a-week Monaco salary being paid in full by United.

GOD DAMN

I'm reading conflicting reports about his wage. Balague says 180k, others reporting 200k (or thereabouts).

Brutal_Elitegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Brutal_Elitegs

Still need a goddamn midfielder! Come on, Woody.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@Brutal_Elitegs said:

@Aljosa23 said:

GOD DAMN

I'm reading conflicting reports about his wage. Balague says 180k, others reporting 200k (or thereabouts).

It was 180k at Monaco because they paid no taxes. Adjusted for taxes in the UK his wage will be 346k

Brutal_Elitegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Brutal_Elitegs

Well, ****. Not sure how I feel about this.

Brutal_Elitegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Brutal_Elitegs

To get the top drawer players, you need to be in the Champions League, Manchester United know that

Still a bit concerned with the defence, but

------------De Gea----------
Rafael Jones Rojo Shaw
------------Blind ------------
---Herrera--- Di Maria----
------------Mata-------------
--- Falcao-- Rooney------

doesn't look too shabby

RodneyCourts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RodneyCourts
Member since 2014 • 66 Posts

Daley Blind has joined Manchester United from Ajax for £14m. The utility player has signed a four-year deal at Old Trafford and the club have an option to extend that contract for another year.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By thehig1

@rodneycourts: @Brutal_Elitegs: It looks good, but will take time as there are 3 left backs in that line up (Rojo,Shaw and Blind are all naturally left backs)

Seems David Moyes like to play players out of position, but the money spent on these players they have to play. That system you posted may work, Hell it was better than my idea of playing all the new signings in their natural positions

The left hand side looks strong haha

Brutal_Elitegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Brutal_Elitegs

Di Maria sogood.gif

Shame we're going to have to shoehorn Rooney into the team.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Rooney should have been gone as soon as RVP came in.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 thehig1

I think United still need Rooney, Van Persie does not typically play enough games in a season. I know he has had two good years in the past 3, but hes just come back from an injury now, he spent most of last season hopping between treatment table and trying to get match fit. Hes already 30 now his best years may be behind him.

Falcao is a quality player, but has only just come back from a horrible ACL injury, it kept him out the game for 6 months. When players get injuries that severe sometimes they never return to their best again.

The closer a player is to 30 the harder it is to recover from bad injuries like that.

Welbeck has already left, so looking at that United certainly need Rooney. It would not surprise me if he ends up being United's top goalscorer with 20+ goals and fans still whine about him.

I'd be more than happy to take him back at Everton.

samikaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 samikaz
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I fully agree it's gonna be a long season again. I was expecting a great Defender (hummels) and not Falcao to be honnest.

We finally get rid of some NotGoodEnough player.

Let's wait couple of games to see if the magic starts.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 thehig1

@_Judas_: what your post match thoughts, there's something positive to right now?

I thought Di. Maria. Was fantastic he adds so much pace to the team.

Keep playing like that at home and United will win a lot of games

_Judas_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By _Judas_

@thehig1 Bah, game was shit.... well, actually the game was good...but you know what I mean...

Man Utd is pretty strong in offense, but defense is another story. And now it looks like Evans is out. Think maybe Rojo will be forced central, making Shaw, Rojo, Smalling, Rafael.... Shame about Blackett -- he's been decent these early games.

I was so angry after the game...sucks to lose these games. Leicester took advantage of a ragged United and played very well, actually. In fact, many teams ruin United on the counter... That winger played the game of his life. I'll admit; all week I was like "hah, Leicester? What a shit team", but I did actually have a bad feeling as the game started. Luckily we went up two nill. We let 'em back in the game with a silly goal. Great performance yet again by Di Maria. I really hate to see my team perform this bad... it makes me sad/angry for the players, especially these new signings that were more or less forced to United...

Many will probably hail Falcao's performance, but not me. Well, he did ok with one assist, but he needs to adapt to the physical game.

Gah, well atleast Liverpool lost as well and Chelsea and Shity drew.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 thehig1

@_Judas_: Man Utd just beat my team Everton, I'm still annoyed with the match. United were probably the better the team, but we should have snatrched a point. Baines decided to miss his first pen in 18, and Super De Gea in goal.

How did he get so good ? he's fantastic now possibly best keeper in the premiership

Brutal_Elitegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Brutal_Elitegs

@Brutal_Elitegs said:

Shame we're going to have to shoehorn Rooney into the team.

Shame indeed.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts

No matter how many high profile players they have, Man Utd is a flop !

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 thehig1

@elkoldo: they are on a 6 game winning run at the moment, I wouldnt rule them out of the title race given how they are playing and improving.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts

@thehig1: Chelsea have already won the title if you ask me....

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 thehig1

@elkoldo said:

@thehig1: Chelsea have already won the title if you ask me....

The title has been thrown away in that position before,