Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By KOD
Member since 2016 • 2754 Posts

Yah, its pretty ridiculous.

I could not believe that people legitimately compared this guy to Jason Kidd. This guy has a long way to develop before he even looks like a bankrupted poor mans Jason Kidd. He seems to have an okay ceiling on him, but i think hes more Ricky Rubio than anything else.

Those shots he took in college work in college, but as he has found out in the preseason not against nba players.

If he is getting 30 minutes or more, teams with even mediocre guards are going to destroy them. We all knew he had defense issues coming into the NBA, but he cant keep up with his man, stay in front of him, he gets lost on switches very easily, he kept reading help defense wrong.

Lakers should have buyers remorse with this guy, they very easily could have had Josh Jackson and filled that 2/3 spot with an A defender who is super athletic and has leadership skills. Point guards are a dime a dozen in the NBA right now, no point in drafting one with a top pick when you could also fill the much harder to fill 2 or 3 positions. I never understood why they bought into the whole LaVar thing and drafted Lonzo to begin with. Especially when they had so many better options in front of them. And they even could have had the option to draft someone else, and then when Lonzo refused to play for the other team, trade for Lonzo w/a pick or other young player.

Ingram though... oh my god that kid just oozes talent. It just all needs to come together for him.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I'm just interested in seeing Mohamed Bamba in action next year. I think the Lakers are buying in a season early on the wrong superstar.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By KOD

@Shewgenja said:

I'm just interested in seeing Mohamed Bamba in action next year. I think the Lakers are buying in a season early on the wrong superstar.

And you know what?

I don't think they're going to realize their mistake until year 3 because they are going to want to develop him and i dont think he's going to develop well. He just reminds me so much of Ricky Rubio before coming into the NBA.

I think this will end up as one of the best examples as to why management should never buy into the hypebeast. If they were making good basketball decisions they would have gone with Tatum or Jackson, specifically Jackson because hes more of a 2/3 and a defensive monster.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@kod said:
@Shewgenja said:

And you know what?

I don't think they're going to realize their mistake until year 3 because they are going to want to develop him and i dont think he's going to develop well. He just reminds me so much of Ricky Rubio before coming into the NBA.

I think this will end up as one of the best examples as to why management should never buy into the hypebeast. If they were making good basketball decisions they would have gone with Tatum or Jackson, specifically Jackson because hes more of a 2/3 and a defensive monster.

Yup! Bamba is a defense-beast. He'd be very well suited for the Lakers scheme. Oh well, I don't pay the bills.

Strikemeonce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 Strikemeonce
Member since 2017 • 2 Posts

@kod: Trading Di'angelo Russel and handing the starting point guard job to a rookie [lonzo ball] will make u feel that the Lakers front office had the confidence in the kid. A few pre season games wont prove a point, well see how the Lakers future unfold!! :)

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KOD

@strikemeonce said:

@kod: Trading Di'angelo Russel and handing the starting point guard job to a rookie [lonzo ball] will make u feel that the Lakers front office had the confidence in the kid. A few pre season games wont prove a point, well see how the Lakers future unfold!! :)

Not really.

Russel is a capable PG but nothing fantastic. Is still in his rookie contract, and realistically he had to be traded after the whole Nick Young thing. You cant be a leader to teammates you've recorded and dimed out.

The Lakers had to move Russel, as for Lonzo, meh. Ive been doing basketball for a long time and not much about him suggests he will be anything special.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KOD
Loading Video...

adollreiass1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 adollreiass1
Member since 2018 • 7 Posts

skills. Point

guards are a dime a dozen in the

NBA right now, no point in drafting

bgres077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#12 bgres077
Member since 2005 • 12694 Posts

Lonzo is a Big Baller! Anyone who thinks otherwise is a SMALL BALLER.

kiki234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kiki234
Member since 2018 • 1 Posts

I never understood why they bought into the whole LaVar thing and drafted Lonzo to begin with.https://fetlife.vip/ https://downloader.vip/imvu/ https://downloader.vip/canva/

bgres077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#15 bgres077
Member since 2005 • 12694 Posts

@kiki234: LA didn't buy into LaVar, ESPN did.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Funny. All that buildup just for Lebron to come in and take the throne. Lebron ain’t no Jordan but he at least is the real deal and will always give you a shot at the title.