Kevin Garnett makes teammate cry

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MoonMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MoonMarvel
Member since 2008 • 8249 Posts

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Video-Glen-Big-Baby-Davis-lives-up-to-his-nic?urn=nba,127483

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uSay2aWTc0&eurl=http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Video-Glen-Big-Baby-Davis-lives-up-to-his-nic?urn=nba,127483

HA Wow. What did Garnett say to him? I would have loved to be anywhere near that huddle.

Avatar image for Cloud_Insurance
Cloud_Insurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Cloud_Insurance
Member since 2008 • 3279 Posts
What I want to know is why KG hasn't gone after Lebron for stealing his pregame talc routine. Hell, Lebron even has a commercial about it now. Thats not his, he jacked it from KG...
silky_smooth8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 silky_smooth8
Member since 2003 • 3659 Posts
ahah KG would
Avatar image for baseballboy6411
baseballboy6411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4 baseballboy6411
Member since 2007 • 1103 Posts
Wow thats why they call him "big baby"!! :P
odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 odin2019
Member since 2006 • 4677 Posts
If I was big baby I would of said **** you KG. You aint the coach. Except I would of steped outside the huddle and pulled KG's arm like he did me and say that.
Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts
KG must have said something really harsh, but very true if Davis didn't yell back at him. But stuff like that is what makes a player like Davis stronger I guess...
nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 nVidiaGaMer
Member since 2006 • 7793 Posts
Oh well whatever it takes for the Celtics to get a 70 win season then do it even if it means making teammates cry.
BaraChat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 BaraChat
Member since 2008 • 3144 Posts
What I want to know is why KG hasn't gone after Lebron for stealing his pregame talc routine. Hell, Lebron even has a commercial about it now. Thats not his, he jacked it from KG...Cloud_Insurance
Yeah that pisses me off too. Why does LeBron even do it? Doesn't he feel like he stole from someone?
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
I think i saw Kobe stealing the pregame routine as well ^ :P
WarTorn409

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 WarTorn409
Member since 2007 • 188 Posts
I love KG's intensity. Its awsome. Davis was playing poorly and KG **** him out, he deserved it. Davis will appreachiate it in the long run and it will make him a better player. Davis also needs to realize that he has a bigger role on this team than last year and will prob see playoff playing time. I'm glad Garnett did that because it will make Davis a mentally tougher and better player in the long run.
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
[QUOTE="Cloud_Insurance"]What I want to know is why KG hasn't gone after Lebron for stealing his pregame talc routine. Hell, Lebron even has a commercial about it now. Thats not his, he jacked it from KG...BaraChat
Yeah that pisses me off too. Why does LeBron even do it? Doesn't he feel like he stole from someone?

Completely agree, and I love how everyone overlooks this fact.
Blackfriend8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Blackfriend8
Member since 2004 • 1982 Posts
What I want to know is why KG hasn't gone after Lebron for stealing his pregame talc routine. Hell, Lebron even has a commercial about it now. Thats not his, he jacked it from KG...Cloud_Insurance
lots of players do that and lots did it before KG he dosnt own that tons of players do it.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
KG is a pretty big baby himself. He loves to play the wounded hero.
nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#14 nocoolnamejim
Member since 2003 • 15136 Posts
I'm pretty shocked that the Big Ticket hasn't gotten taunting technical fouls for his antics in games so far this season. I'm kind of a little disappointed in him actually. He was one of my favorite players when he was in Minnesota. Then he goes to the Celtics, gets an absolutely astronomical supporting cast, wins a single title and acts like he's MJ the next season while taunting opposing players during games. Nice way to disrespect the game of basketball KG! Your behavior when you win says just as much about you as a person as when you loss. As for the Glen Davis thing, I have to admit that I have to side with KG on this one. Ass though he may be, he's earned the right to say what he wants to his own teammates. Big Baby Davis hasn't earned anything yet.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#16 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

I'm pretty shocked that the Big Ticket hasn't gotten taunting technical fouls for his antics in games so far this season. I'm kind of a little disappointed in him actually. He was one of my favorite players when he was in Minnesota. Then he goes to the Celtics, gets an absolutely astronomical supporting cast, wins a single title and acts like he's MJ the next season while taunting opposing players during games. Nice way to disrespect the game of basketball KG! Your behavior when you win says just as much about you as a person as when you loss. As for the Glen Davis thing, I have to admit that I have to side with KG on this one. Ass though he may be, he's earned the right to say what he wants to his own teammates. Big Baby Davis hasn't earned anything yet.nocoolnamejim

Some players get star treatment and it pisses me off to. Rookies or some players labeled as hotheads will get a T so easy and yet Garnett can do just abotu anythign and get away with it. I dont like that at all.

Cardinal_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Cardinal_22
Member since 2005 • 448 Posts
Time and a place for everything thats all i have to say.
Auricom-R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#18 Auricom-R
Member since 2006 • 465 Posts

KG made me cry when I tried to get his autograph and he poured his McDonalds Coca Cola on me and told me to piss off.

I earned a lot of respect for that man that day.

Rush2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Rush2k
Member since 2004 • 651 Posts
I think KG is right. Either bring your A game or stay home. Of course he hasn't to be as harsh as he was, but maybe that is the way Big Baby will respond better on the court. KG knows a thing or two about motivation.
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts
that was hilarious :lol: btw lebron nor KG were the first to do that pregame routine ;)
nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#21 nocoolnamejim
Member since 2003 • 15136 Posts
I think KG is right. Either bring your A game or stay home. Of course he hasn't to be as harsh as he was, but maybe that is the way Big Baby will respond better on the court. KG knows a thing or two about motivation.Rush2k
There is some truth to this statement. On the other hand, superstar players don't always translate into being the best in other areas. Just because they are astonishing at actually playing the game doesn't mean that they are great at, for example, judging talent and dealing with people. 1. Exhibit A: Michael Jordan's drafting of Kwame Brown, and his subsequent demolition of Kwame's psyche when he rejoined the Wizards as an active player. Then, of course, his woeful stint as a Bobcats exec. 2. Exhibit B: Magic Johnson's foray into coaching. 3. Exhibit C: Isaiah Thomas' post basketball career in pretty much everything he has attempted from coaching, to running the CBA into the ground to being GM of the Knicks. 4. Exhibit D: Kevin McHale's time as GM of the Timberwolves 5. Exhibit E: Elgin Baylor and the Clippers. I could go on, but the point is that just because KG is a great ballplayer doesn't automatically mean he's terrific at anything other than playing ball. Maybe he is a great leader and maybe not, but honestly I give a lot of props to Paul Pierce during last year's championship run. Before KG came over from, Minnesota he hadn't exactly been an overachiever in his NBA career from a team standpoint. One time out of the first round of the playoffs in his career if I remember right. (Though, obviously, always a fantastic individual player.)
HurricaneHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 HurricaneHugo
Member since 2002 • 40807 Posts

KG has no right to do that.

If LT would have done that to a teammate, ESPN would be saying how bad of a player he his and how he's a bad teammate and that he should be a role model...

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#23 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
KG is always known to be an intense player, and if Glen "Big Baby" Davis isn't playing to Garnett's liking, he deserved to be yelled into crying. The "Big Baby" needs to grow up.
Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts
It's a funny moment. I wouldn't look too deep into it. He got upset to the point of possibly crying but by now that's history.
techie45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 techie45
Member since 2008 • 105 Posts
Big baby Davis.... irl!
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
Big Baby Davis must be a extremely emotional player. I use to know a guy on my high school football team back in the day who was like that. He was the biggest, toughest, and one of our starting linemen, but he would cry from losing, getting hit hard, or out of frustration. But he's strong and tough, just a emotional guy...and maybe somewhat of a baby.
Rush2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Rush2k
Member since 2004 • 651 Posts

I could go on, but the point is that just because KG is a great ballplayer doesn't automatically mean he's terrific at anything other than playing ball. Maybe he is a great leader and maybe not, but honestly I give a lot of props to Paul Pierce during last year's championship run.nocoolnamejim

True. We don't know...maybe KG just had a bad day or maybe it was an excellent way to motivate Big Baby.

Either way, he shouldn't have done it like this, but he probably didn't expect (like most of us) that Davis would throw a tantrum/cry.

Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts
HAHAHA :D what a scrub
Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts
Maybe he should do a "Chip Douglas" warm up routine. If you have seen the Cable Guy with Jim C. then you know what i am talking about. He would probably be the only one in league history to do that before every tip off.