Joey Harrington and David Carr.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ghost_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghost_Warrior
Member since 2003 • 9002 Posts
Joey Harrington and David Carr were the two biggest quarterback names of the 2002 draft. However, their careers haven't been as spectacular as many have hoped, both are among the lowest winning quarterbacks ever. But heres the question, do you blame their inability to win games soley on them or are the victims of bad teams? If theres one thing both shared on their original teams, it was bad offensive lines, especially with Carr who was sacked over 250 times in Houston. But now both are on new teams, Carr as the backup in Carolina and Harrington as the starter in Atlanta. Do you think these two will be able to redeem their careers on these new teams or are they already busts?
Marty_McFly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Marty_McFly_
Member since 2007 • 881 Posts
Joey Harrington is the sole reason why I will never buy a rookie's jersey again. Worst 250 dollars I ever spent.
Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3542 Posts
Both were victim to bad teams, but I can only see Carr being a reliable starter in this league.
Marty_McFly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Marty_McFly_

Both were victim to bad teams, but I can only see Carr being a reliable starter in this league.Miyomatic

You got that right. Harrington is ass. I feel sorry for you Atlanta fans lol. Get ready to feel frustration like you've never felt before with Mr. Happy Feet.

Avatar image for -sharp-shooter-
-sharp-shooter-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -sharp-shooter-
Member since 2006 • 2677 Posts
You guys are wrong joey Harrington is the bomb. BTW hes my cousin and if you dont want to belive me then I dont care because I know the truth.
Marty_McFly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Marty_McFly_
So I take it you're pretty rich then. lolz yeah right.
MartinRiggs15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 MartinRiggs15
Member since 2004 • 614 Posts

a) 250 dollars is ridiculously expensive

b) Harrington is looking good in Atlanta so far, they're much better than the Detroits or Miamis of days past.

c) Carr was never bad, but it helps being on your feet for more than one second each play, we might see him later this season when Fox realizes how bad Delhomme is.

Avatar image for -sharp-shooter-
-sharp-shooter-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 -sharp-shooter-
Member since 2006 • 2677 Posts
Ive never met met him but ive met his grandparents and we are related. I wasnt expecting you to belive me
Avatar image for 206461861543079188321160707076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 206461861543079188321160707076
Member since 2005 • 1256 Posts
Ive always thought David Carr was a good Qb. Hopefully he can prove himself to everyone else when he gets to play in Carolina.
Spedmunds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Spedmunds
Member since 2005 • 157 Posts

Harrington is sparatic at best. He'll have a few good games, and suck the rest. Carr was just stuck with a bad offensive line, hes a QB that could accel if he has good receivers and a good O-line. Atlanta will be nowhere near how good they were with Vick, and when Fox figures things out, Carr will be starting, and winning

PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts
Bad teams. Playing for a team that simply cannot win will destroy your confidence, the old "if you think you're a loser, you will become a loser" adage. I mean look at what happened after Harrington left Detroit. They brought in Mike Martz and the more or less career backup John Kitna, and cut some of the more talented offensive players like Charles Rogers. John Kitna threw for 4300 yards. There is no doubt in my mind Joey Harrington and David Carr are just the products of a terrible team destroying their confidence.
Stall0wn3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Stall0wn3d
Member since 2007 • 621 Posts
harrington is a bust, he has a nice arm but he isnt accurate and can make bad decisions. david carr is a good qb that was on a horrible team, one of the worst in recent memory and not taking reggie bush only made it worse, that could have gave more options on the offensive side to give carr a little more time to find a reciever. after jake throws a dozen more interceptions or whatever they will throw carr in and carolina will thrive, jake can throw more balls to the other team at this point than his own.

out with the old, in with the new, bye jake dellhome, jake plummer, and drew bledsoe, all who used to be talented QBs but never really got over the hump you might say.
MVfalcons83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 MVfalcons83
Member since 2007 • 3515 Posts
joey harrington looked good in preseason against the starters just hope he can do the same in regular season.
feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
So this makes your statement totally invalid since you are biased (if you really are related).So, really it doesn't matter at this point that you endorse Harrington. I for one think he's an okay player--a good backup, but not starter. But we'll see what he does with a decent team. And as for Car, I think he's a good player, but in a bad team with the texans. I think we'll see Carr in Carolina by week 8 if the Panthers are struggling.
You guys are wrong joey Harrington is the bomb. BTW hes my cousin and if you dont want to belive me then I dont care because I know the truth.-sharp-shooter-
tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#15 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts

They are victims for being on bad teams...but if you're good, then you're supposed to be able to make your team better, so it's not just the teams fault...they are partially to blame. I foresee them both having break out years due to the fact that everybody has low low low expectations for them and their football franchises...

nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#16 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts
Joey Harrington and David Carr both had horrible offesnive lines. Harrington may be an average quaterback at best but David Carr has talent and could never show how good he was with an offensive line that made him the most sacked rookie in history. Carr will soon start in Carolina and show just how good he really is.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
Harrington is not a good QB. Carr I think is more the victim of a bad team. I'd like to see what he can do some day on a good, or even average team. I suspect Carr could be a respectable QB with an ok team.
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts
I was never high on Harrington when he first came into the league, but I though Carr had the makeup to be a really good QB in the NFL. So far he has disappointed, but that could change once he takes over in Charlotte...
bunchofpixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bunchofpixels
Member since 2003 • 7049 Posts
I'd like to see Harrington do well. The way the Carolina offense has been playing, I wouldn't be surprised to see Carr starting by the end of the season. Preseason doesn't mean much though.
Ghost_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ghost_Warrior

To be honest, I hope both can do well in with their new teams especially Carr. I am a diehard Panthers fan and the very thought of Jake Delhomme taking another spat at QB disgusts me but I won't go into a rant as to why Delhomme is as bad as he is. I was hoping that Weinke could have stolen the job from Jake the Snake but we all know how that ended up. :roll: Now my hopes rest with David Carr but it appears that'll take some poor play from Delhomme (which is more than likely) for Carr to get a shot during the season and I hope he can come through.

As for Harrington, I saw him do something last week against the Bengals that I've never seen him do before and thats really read the defense. Every passing play I saw him check his receivers one by one until he found the receiver that was open. That really impressed me. He threw 2 TDs and he would of had thrown 3 if his receiver hadn't dropped the ball. Im going to root for him during the season unless hes playing the Panthers I of course. ;)

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#21 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts

Harrington is a bust, and I don't see him ever becoming a decent QB. Carr was actually pretty good, but never had the team support. Schaub is possibly as good as Carr, but he'll end up the same way with the Texans. I didn't see the point in Houston getting rid of Carr.

About Delhomme: He was never a decent QB imho. He just had a strong arm and was in the right place at the right time.

Ghost_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ghost_Warrior

About Delhomme: He was never a decent QB imho. He just had a strong arm and was in the right place at the right time.

GamerForca

I totally agree, if Steve Smith wasn't there Delhomme would have already lost his job but Smith bails him out everytime he catches one of Delhomme's terrible passes. It gets really old watching this every week.

And this what we did to his cardboard cut out after his miserable performance against the Seahawks in the 05 NFC Championship.

delhomme

We threw his head in the fireplace.

So you can see why I want Carr to take over so badly.

MVfalcons83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 MVfalcons83
Member since 2007 • 3515 Posts
david carr did bad in his preseason game
ac
Ghost_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ghost_Warrior
david carr did bad in his preseason game
ac

MVfalcons83

Yeah he hasn't had a very good preseason which is disappointing because I was hoping he would do really good and take the job during the preseason.

carnage2k9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 carnage2k9
Member since 2007 • 272 Posts
Carr has proven he can play, but the texans just sucked so bad that his good games went down the toilet.
goodlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 goodlay
Member since 2005 • 5773 Posts

GamerForca

A complete load of BS, did you even watch Football in the 2004 season when Jake lost his whole offense and some of his O line, and some big starters on defense like Kris Jenkins. He lead the Panthers back from 1-7 to finish 7-9, he played great the whole time. And right place in the right time? Yeah, thats why he lead the Cats back from deficits all throughout their 2003 Super Bowl run. I'll say this though, 06 was a huge let down, but that wasn't Jakes fault, our GM Marty Hurney has done a horrible job with personnel.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GamerForca
[QUOTE="GamerForca"]

goodlay

A complete load of BS, did you even watch Football in the 2004 season when Jake lost his whole offense and some of his O line, and some big starters on defense like Kris Jenkins. He lead the Panthers back from 1-7 to finish 7-9, he played great the whole time. And right place in the right time? Yeah, thats why he lead the Cats back from deficits all throughout their 2003 Super Bowl run. I'll say this though, 06 was a huge let down, but that wasn't Jakes fault, our GM Marty Hurney has done a horrible job with personnel.

Yeah, it's mighty nice to have someone like Steve Smith catch your passes, eh? Carolina's 2004 "comeback"wasn't all about Delhomme. If he was so high and mighty why'd he even start off 1-7, with the same players he had in the second half of the season? It was the Panthers' backups coming out of nowhere and filling the gaps on defense and in the WR slots that saved that team. He's started to show his true colors now though.

VoxParadiso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 VoxParadiso
Member since 2005 • 50 Posts

I beilieve that Joey Harrington will resurrect himself as a Falcon, from what I've seen. Will they make the Super Bowl? No. Playoffs? Yeah, I could see that.

David Carr will resurrect himself as well, if only because they won't have to pry him off the ground every passing play.

goodlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 goodlay
[QUOTE="goodlay"][QUOTE="GamerForca"]

GamerForca

Yeah, it's mighty nice to have someone like Steve Smith catch your passes, eh? Carolina's 2004 "comeback"wasn't all about Delhomme. If he was so high and mighty why'd he even start off 1-7, with the same players he had in the second half of the season? It was the Panthers' backups coming out of nowhere and filling the gaps on defense and in the WR slots that saved that team. He's started to show his true colors now though.

Thats like saying Peyton Manning isn't good because he relies on Marvin Harrison. Ok, good luck having a good year when you lose your 2 RBs, top reciever, several line men. I agree the back ups stepped up like Nick Goings and Keary Colbert and Muhsin Muhammad, however Jake lead the team in the second half of the year, and we finished strong through over 14 players on IR.

Ghost_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ghost_Warrior

[QUOTE="GamerForca"]

goodlay

We have a Jake supporter here I see. Still blinded by his Superbowl run in 03? I agree with GamerForca here, the reason they came back that year was because of their backups. Kerry Colbert had his best year, Mushin Muhammed took over the 1st spot nicely and Nick Goings ran for 800 yards in 3 games. And don't forget they still had most of the playmakers on defense. The TEAM came together for that second half of 04, not Delhomme. I don't care what his stats look like, Steve Smith is the main reason Delhomme's even still starting. If we had a quarterback like Manning or Brady on the team Smith would have even better stats than he already does. And btw, 2004 was 3 YEARS AGO. Did you even watch that NFC Championship game against the Seahawks when we had Smith and all our other playmakers? Delhomme was garbage. He was 15-31, 196 yds with 1 TD and 3 INTs. Goodlay, you seem like a Panthers fan judging from your avatar but come on, you can't possibly believe this guy is our answer? Im a diehard Panthers fan and I've wanted this guy out of Carolina for years. He was good in '03 because he took over for an over the hill Rodney Peete and he found ways to win football games but his stats that season wern't the greatest (19tds 16ints). The only reason I was ok with him then is because the Panthers hadn't had a decent QB in years, if ever. In my opinion, the only horrible thing Marty Hurney has done with personel is extend Delhomme's contract.

goodlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 goodlay

[QUOTE="goodlay"][QUOTE="GamerForca"]

Ghost_Warrior

We have a Jake supporter here I see. Still blinded by his Superbowl run in 03? I agree with GamerForca here, the reason they came back that year was because of their backups. Kerry Colbert had his best year, Mushin Muhammed took over the 1st spot nicely and Nick Goings ran for 800 yards in 3 games. And don't forget they still had most of the playmakers on defense. The TEAM came together for that second half of 04, not Delhomme. I don't care what his stats look like, Steve Smith is the main reason Delhomme's even still starting. If we had a quarterback like Manning or Brady on the team Smith would have even better stats than he already does. And btw, 2004 was 3 YEARS AGO. Did you even watch that NFC Championship game against the Seahawks when we had Smith and all our other playmakers? Delhomme was garbage. He was 15-31, 196 yds with 1 TD and 3 INTs. Goodlay, you seem like a Panthers fan judging from your avatar but come on, you can't possibly believe this guy is our answer? Im a diehard Panthers fan and I've wanted this guy out of Carolina for years. He was good in '03 because he took over for an over the hill Rodney Peete and he found ways to win football games but his stats that season wern't the greatest (19tds 16ints). The only reason I was ok with him then is because the Panthers hadn't had a decent QB in years, if ever. In my opinion, the only horrible thing Marty Hurney has done with personel is extend Delhomme's contract.

Jake isn't our holy savior, you're making it out that im saying hes the best QB in the league, no. I just feel with the QBs that we have now, Jake is the best. Carr still has a lot of progress to make and a lot of work to do. And Marty Hurney hasn't made any bad moves? Ok lets see, letting go of Will Witherspoon, extending Dan Morgans contract, getting rid of Deon Grant, getting rid of Chris Draft, not making any moves what so ever in the off season to help our safety spots, giving Maake Kemoatu a big contract when he hasn't done jack. It seems he thinks that we have had a Super Bowl team since 03, so he hasn't made any big moves, for god sakes, the biggest acquisition for us in the off season besides the draft was signing a 2nd string QB. I like the Panthers as much as you do, but this year is going to be rough.

Ghost_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ghost_Warrior

Jake isn't our holy savior, you're making it out that im saying hes the best QB in the league, no. I just feel with the QBs that we have now, Jake is the best. Carr still has a lot of progress to make and a lot of work to do. And Marty Hurney hasn't made any bad moves? Ok lets see, letting go of Will Witherspoon, extending Dan Morgans contract, getting rid of Deon Grant, getting rid of Chris Draft, not making any moves what so ever in the off season to help our safety spots, giving Maake Kemoatu a big contract when he hasn't done jack. It seems he thinks that we have had a Super Bowl team since 03, so he hasn't made any big moves, for god sakes, the biggest acquisition for us in the off season besides the draft was signing a 2nd string QB. I like the Panthers as much as you do, but this year is going to be rough.

goodlay

When did I make out Jake to be the best quarterback in the league? As for our lack of aqusitions, theres a reason we didn't spend millions in the free agency because if you look at our team, we are set in almost every position. I know the team has had a rough preseason but they are still learning Jeff Davidison's new offense which I might add will help them greatly in the long run. But going back to Delhomme, if you say hes our best then maybe we are in some trouble. I just think we should bench him because hes not going to get any better and at least Carr would be able to play more and develop and if he doesn't work out we will agressively need to go after a good, young, quarterback in the free agency or draft because the last thing I want is Delhomme's sorry ass on the field 5 years from now. Hell I don't want him on the field this year. With Delhomme under snap, this team's quarterback situation isn't going anywhere, at least with Carr under snap we'd have a chance to go somewhere.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GamerForca
[QUOTE="GamerForca"][QUOTE="goodlay"][QUOTE="GamerForca"]

goodlay

Thats like saying Peyton Manning isn't good because he relies on Marvin Harrison. Ok, good luck having a good year when you lose your 2 RBs, top reciever, several line men. I agree the back ups stepped up like Nick Goings and Keary Colbert and Muhsin Muhammad, however Jake lead the team in the second half of the year, and we finished strong through over 14 players on IR.

Watch Peyton Manning play, and then watch Jake Delhomme. If you don't see a difference, then you don't know football. hehe, maybe Peyton is make his receivers look good (a bit of exaggeration). Jake is obviously not the worst QB in the league, but I'm yet to be impressed with him (except in 2003).

goodlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 goodlay
[QUOTE="goodlay"]

Ghost_Warrior

When did I make out Jake to be the best quarterback in the league? As for our lack of aqusitions, theres a reason we didn't spend millions in the free agency because if you look at our team, we are set in almost every position. I know the team has had a rough preseason but they are still learning Jeff Davidison's new offense which I might add will help them greatly in the long run. But going back to Delhomme, if you say hes our best then maybe we are in some trouble. I just think we should bench him because hes not going to get any better and at least Carr would be able to play more and develop and if he doesn't work out we will agressively need to go after a good, young, quarterback in the free agency or draft because the last thing I want is Delhomme's sorry ass on the field 5 years from now. Hell I don't want him on the field this year. With Delhomme under snap, this team's quarterback situation isn't going anywhere, at least with Carr under snap we'd have a chance to go somewhere.

Linebacker, Safety, Cornerback are our biggest problems, we just don't have the depth especially at Corner or Safety. Linebackers are decent though. Jon Beason is going to be great, but he will still make a good amount of Rookie mistakes, Dan Morgan is completely unreliable, Thomas Davis seems to make Rookie mistakes every game, he just isn't very intelligent. I still hate we got rid of Chris Draft and Will Witherspoon.

king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
Joey Harrington is the sole reason why I will never buy a rookie's jersey again. Worst 250 dollars I ever spent.Marty_McFly_
Dang you spent 250 dollars on that?