Is Brady still going to get 50 TDs?

• 96 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RyuHayabusaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 RyuHayabusaX
Member since 2005 • 7838 Posts
I know it's still early, but he hasn't thrown a single TD pass vs the Jets yet and the 3rd Quarter is almost over. Quite honestly I thought that the Patriots would break a ton of records like most points and win margin, but now I think that Brady is going to have to work really hard to get to 50.
MattyJ78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MattyJ78
Member since 2007 • 371 Posts

Yes, even if he doesn't throw one today he will probably throw 11 next week against the Fins.

Honest answer: I think it depends on the weather the next few weeks. If the blizzard-like conditions continue it will be really tough for him to get those last 5 TD's.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Just_Osmo
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts

If he gets 1 today then yes definatly. If he doesn't then maybe he has some trouble.

But if you think about it he has pulled 4 td games. Next week he could get 4 you never know. Weather should be better.

Masterhalo16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Masterhalo16
Member since 2007 • 134 Posts

Yes he plays the Dolphins end of story

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 manningbowl135
Member since 2006 • 7457 Posts
Yes he will, but most other records, him, Moss and the Pats as a team, no.
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Just_Osmo

Yes he will, but most other records, him, Moss and the Pats as a team, no.manningbowl135

I dunno about that. Lets see how next weekend goes. If 3 of the 5 tds go to moss he will tie rice.

RyuHayabusaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RyuHayabusaX
Nope, he doesn't get anything today! I thought that he would also break the completion record along with the QB rating record, but those don't look so good anymore. Moss needs to get 2 TDs in each of his next 2 games to break the record and Brady just needs to either have a great day against the Dolphins(he had 5 TDs in the first half against them earlier, he can do it again maybe) or get 3(his average for each game) in the next 2 games.
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Just_Osmo

Nope, he doesn't get anything today! I thought that he would also break the completion record along with the QB rating record, but those don't look so good anymore. Moss needs to get 2 TDs in each of his next 2 games to break the record and Brady just needs to either have a great day against the Dolphins(he had 5 TDs in the first half against them earlier, he can do it again maybe) or get 3(his average for each game) in the next 2 games. RyuHayabusaX

3 in each of the next 2 games would be 6 puting him at 51. So he only needs 3 in one 2 in the other.

RyuHayabusaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RyuHayabusaX

[QUOTE="RyuHayabusaX"]Nope, he doesn't get anything today! I thought that he would also break the completion record along with the QB rating record, but those don't look so good anymore. Moss needs to get 2 TDs in each of his next 2 games to break the record and Brady just needs to either have a great day against the Dolphins(he had 5 TDs in the first half against them earlier, he can do it again maybe) or get 3(his average for each game) in the next 2 games. Just_Osmo

3 in each of the next 2 games would be 6 puting him at 51. So he only needs 3 in one 2 in the other.

Sorry I don't know off hand how many TDs he has. How did he not throw at least 1 though against the now 3-10 Jets? I'm wondering if he can throw at least 3 against the 1-13 Dolphins now.
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Just_Osmo
[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

[QUOTE="RyuHayabusaX"]Nope, he doesn't get anything today! I thought that he would also break the completion record along with the QB rating record, but those don't look so good anymore. Moss needs to get 2 TDs in each of his next 2 games to break the record and Brady just needs to either have a great day against the Dolphins(he had 5 TDs in the first half against them earlier, he can do it again maybe) or get 3(his average for each game) in the next 2 games. RyuHayabusaX

Sorry I don't know off hand how many TDs he has. How did he not throw at least 1 though against the now 3-10 Jets? I'm wondering if he can throw at least 3 against the 1-13 Dolphins now.

20-30 mph winds and freezing rain. He probably could have thrown a td but they ran for the td instead to secure the win.

feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
with two games left, and with the Dolphins too, I think he'll pass the record, barring no bad weather conditions, again.
antonius05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12 antonius05
Member since 2005 • 849 Posts
The conditions here are really bad, he better break his record next week against the Dolphins because their playing in the same area against the Giants and I can't say the conditions will help him any.
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Just_Osmo
Global warming makes bad snow storms a rarity now-a-days. No worries from me about weather.
twopic58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14 twopic58
Member since 2007 • 3710 Posts
Yeah he will get it.
cvasquez311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 cvasquez311
Member since 2004 • 962 Posts

do you think weather has a factor?

i think it doeeeeesss......

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Just_Osmo

do you think weather has a factor?

i think it doeeeeesss......

cvasquez311

Snow storms aren't going to happen every sunday. I bet the next 2 games will be cold but clear skys.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 manningbowl135
I think if he doesn't play great the next two weeks, he'll miss out on the QB rating record. He's currently two points behind. I don't care about that though, qb rating is meaningless.
antonius05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 antonius05
I honestly don't think that Brady is the type of person who would even care about that record. All he wants is the win, and if hes on the 1 yard line and would have his choice of a play, I am sure he would hand it off to Maroney... hes just a team player, he plays to win not to set records unlike some QB's like Peyton.
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 manningbowl135

I honestly don't think that Brady is the type of person who would even care about that record. All he wants is the win, and if hes on the 1 yard line and would have his choice of a play, I am sure he would hand it off to Maroney... hes just a team player, he plays to win not to set records unlike some QB's like Peyton.antonius05

What makes you put Peyton there? Because he has records?

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Just_Osmo

[QUOTE="antonius05"]I honestly don't think that Brady is the type of person who would even care about that record. All he wants is the win, and if hes on the 1 yard line and would have his choice of a play, I am sure he would hand it off to Maroney... hes just a team player, he plays to win not to set records unlike some QB's like Peyton.manningbowl135

I agree for once with you. Peyton just happened to get the records. He doesn't care less about his team then Brady.Thats ignorant.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 manningbowl135
[QUOTE="manningbowl135"]

[QUOTE="antonius05"]I honestly don't think that Brady is the type of person who would even care about that record. All he wants is the win, and if hes on the 1 yard line and would have his choice of a play, I am sure he would hand it off to Maroney... hes just a team player, he plays to win not to set records unlike some QB's like Peyton.Just_Osmo

I agree for once with you. Peyton just happened to get the records. He doesn't care less about his team then Brady.Thats ignorant.

Yay! Let's all live in peace and harmony!

Until the AFC championship game of course.

antonius05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 antonius05

[QUOTE="manningbowl135"]

[QUOTE="antonius05"]I honestly don't think that Brady is the type of person who would even care about that record. All he wants is the win, and if hes on the 1 yard line and would have his choice of a play, I am sure he would hand it off to Maroney... hes just a team player, he plays to win not to set records unlike some QB's like Peyton.Just_Osmo

Yeah.. kind of didn't think about that... but still I cannot compare Brady to Peyton. Personally im not a big Pats fan but Brady is emotionless when he throws a touchdown or intercepts it... well sometimes when he throws a touchdown he gets excited but thats one thing. I have never seen him whine like Peyton... whenver a play goes wrong he yells at his teamates about it instead of just letting it go. Notice during last year's superbowl when he fumbled the ball he kind of ran away from it and didn't dive on it to safe the possesion. Maybe he was thinking about injurys and all that but come on ... your in the Superbowl and your career is basically based on this win or loss because so many people just base their opinions of players from one game.... not their whole careers.. like that Vikings defensive lineman that ran a 60 yard safety fumble return... he had one hell of a career but nobody really thinks he isas good as his career was. So I don't like Peyton Manning as a person but he is one hell of a competetor. My last statement wasn't supposed to mean that Peyton doesn't care about his team, it just kind of slipped out.

I didn't mean that Peyton is horrible or doesn't care about his team I just can't enjoy the man when he fumbles the ball in a game that can define his career and how people talk about him and then runs away from the fumble that might have been his centers fault. I didn't mean that Peyton is horrible or he is uncaring, my bias kind of took over for a minute. I don't like Peyton Manning as a person, but as an athlete, he is one hell of a competetor.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Just_Osmo

Yeah.. kind of didn't think about that... but still I cannot compare Brady to Peyton. Personally im not a big Pats fan but Brady is emotionless when he throws a touchdown or intercepts it... well sometimes when he throws a touchdown he gets excited but thats one thing..

Did you not watch the Ravens game? Brady went up and started yelling at whats his name. Brady is not emotionless. Everytime I see him throw a TD I see him smiling and jumping and hugging his reciver.

PS: Peyton may be hated by me, but hes hillarious. Go watch his SNL episode. Classic.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Just_Osmo
[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="manningbowl135"]

[QUOTE="antonius05"]I honestly don't think that Brady is the type of person who would even care about that record. All he wants is the win, and if hes on the 1 yard line and would have his choice of a play, I am sure he would hand it off to Maroney... hes just a team player, he plays to win not to set records unlike some QB's like Peyton.manningbowl135

Let's hold hands and slide down a Rainbow! Yay!

antonius05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 antonius05
Can I be in your peace group :( everyone hates me lol.
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 manningbowl135
[QUOTE="manningbowl135"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="manningbowl135"]

*sighs*

Patriots fans. Always saying gay things.

antonius05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 antonius05
Rofl! Your just made my day with that post.
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Just_Osmo

Can I be in your peace group :( everyone hates me lol.antonius05

Sure!

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Just_Osmo
[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="manningbowl135"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="manningbowl135"]

*sighs*

Patriots fans. Always saying gay things.

Gay things.

See I said it.

RyuHayabusaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 RyuHayabusaX
Well now Miami is so motivated to beat them I'm sure. They beat a team that almost beat NE, which I know doesn't mean they have a good chance, but still. Personally I want to see Brady through 5 TDs to Randy Moss and have everyone break records. They just need like 38 more points or something to break the most points ever in a season and I think that they should get the best win margin if they do great in Miami.
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Just_Osmo

Well now Miami is so motivated to beat them I'm sure. They beat a team that almost beat NE, which I know doesn't mean they have a good chance, but still. Personally I want to see Brady through 5 TDs to Randy Moss and have everyone break records. They just need like 38 more points or something to break the most points ever in a season and I think that they should get the best win margin if they do great in Miami. RyuHayabusaX

I think Miami ruined it for themselves. They will be emotionally drained for next weeks game now and have less motivation because they finally got that 1 win. Now they will shut down for the rest of the season because they have nothing to work for anymore.

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

[QUOTE="RyuHayabusaX"]Well now Miami is so motivated to beat them I'm sure. They beat a team that almost beat NE, which I know doesn't mean they have a good chance, but still. Personally I want to see Brady through 5 TDs to Randy Moss and have everyone break records. They just need like 38 more points or something to break the most points ever in a season and I think that they should get the best win margin if they do great in Miami. Just_Osmo

I think Miami ruined it for themselves. They will be emotionally drained for next weeks game now and have less motivation because they finally got that 1 win. Now they will shut down for the rest of the season because they have nothing to work for anymore.

Nah, the motivation will be there, but the talent wont be.

Whiteghost09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#33 Whiteghost09
Member since 2007 • 460 Posts
I see your a Pats fan. I'm sorry, but Tom Brady doesn't deserve it. He's really good, but his sportsmanship is lacking. Don't even get me started on the rest of the team. Belichik, Harrison, Vrabel, Colvin and Matt Light (at least all of them) are all jerks, and Belichik is the most unsportsmanlike coach I've ever seen. No offense, but they are not good sports. Great football players though.
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Just_Osmo

I see your a Pats fan. I'm sorry, but Tom Brady doesn't deserve it. He's really good, but his sportsmanship is lacking. Don't even get me started on the rest of the team. Belichik, Harrison, Vrabel, Colvin and Matt Light (at least all of them) are all jerks, and Belichik is the most unsportsmanlike coach I've ever seen. No offense, but they are not good sports. Great football players though.Whiteghost09

hahaha he doesnt deserve it? What has he done thats oh so wrong other then beat up every team out there.

have you met these people? have you ever talked to them? How do you know that they are jerks. they all seem like nice people to me. ESPECIALLY Matt light. I cant imagine anyone not liking matt light, hes an awesome guy.

Calling them not good sports is ridiculous, they arent the ones talking crap before games or after. they respect their opponents and stay humble.

Whiteghost09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Whiteghost09
Talking crap????? Did you see Rodney Harrison blowing kisses to Bill Belick??? Research it and see what he says in response to it!!! Maybe Tom Bray isn't that bad, but everyone else is.
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Just_Osmo

Talking crap????? Did you see Rodney Harrison blowing kisses to Bill Belick??? Research it and see what he says in response to it!!! Maybe Tom Bray isn't that bad, but everyone else is. Whiteghost09

Wow talking trash in a game, I havent seen that before... ever. No seriously, i've never heard of anything like that.... ohhh wait, every team we face seems to talk trash before a game about us and during the game while they are losing and then proceeds to talk more trash after the game when they lost.

Give me an example of matt light talking trash liek you said. Vrabel? Exacltly.

antonius05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 antonius05

Miami isn't going to win.. they already picked up their one win and its like the Super Bowl to them. Seeing what Cam Cameron has done this season with the team reflecting their season.... well they probably thought about their win this whole week instead of the Patriots game, or if Cam Cameron is the type of coach he was in San Diego then they might have a very small chance... my opinion... they have a 7.5% of winning and a 0.7% chance of a shut out type of game, but hey thats just off the top of my head.

Whiteghost09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Whiteghost09
You see a scruffle on the field? Matt Lighthasalmost surely started it. The Colts don't trash talk in a game. Dungy actually goes and congrats the other coach after the game.
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Just_Osmo

You see a scruffle on the field? Matt Lighthasalmost surely started it. The Colts don't trash talk in a game. Dungy actually goes and congrats the other coach after the game. Whiteghost09

So your just making acusations which you have no evidence of. Just you saying "yah he probably started it".

The Colts dont talk trash in a game? Really. Are you ont he field lisening to them when they pile up after plays?

Yous making claims that have no basis.

Coach handshakes after games is so stupid. Almost Every analist agrees with my stance and thats that they need to just do away with it. Peopel make way to big of a deal out of it. So what is Bellichick doesnt want to shake hands with other coaches, the man is anti-social. Deal with it.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 manningbowl135

[QUOTE="Whiteghost09"]You see a scruffle on the field? Matt Lighthasalmost surely started it. The Colts don't trash talk in a game. Dungy actually goes and congrats the other coach after the game. Just_Osmo

So your just making acusations which you have no evidence of. Just you saying "yah he probably started it".

The Colts dont talk trash in a game? Really. Are you ont he field lisening to them when they pile up after plays?

Coach handshakes after games is so stupid. Almost Every analist agrees with my stance and thats that they need to just do away with it. Peopel make way to big of a deal out of it. So what is Bellichick doesnt want to shake hands with other coaches, the man is anti-social. Deal with it.

Why are you defending Bellichick? The man is a cheater (a stupid cheater at that), arrogant, and overall jerk. I understand he's your team's coach, but to me I honestly would have little trouble rooting for Pats if the Colts went down if the coach wasn't Bellichick. I honestly hate him as much you can hate a person you don't know.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Just_Osmo
[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

[QUOTE="Whiteghost09"]You see a scruffle on the field? Matt Lighthasalmost surely started it. The Colts don't trash talk in a game. Dungy actually goes and congrats the other coach after the game. manningbowl135

Why are you defending Bellichick? The man is a cheater (a stupid cheater at that), arrogant, and overall jerk. I understand he's your team's coach, but to me I honestly would have little trouble rooting for Pats if the Colts went down if the coach wasn't Bellichick. I honestly hate him as much you can hate a person you don't know.

He was caught cheating yes. But if you still think that he's the only one who ever stole signals in the NFL and even the only one to have the idea to video tape it then your living in a dream world where the Pats are cheaters and the rest of the world play fair.

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
[QUOTE="manningbowl135"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

[QUOTE="Whiteghost09"]You see a scruffle on the field? Matt Lighthasalmost surely started it. The Colts don't trash talk in a game. Dungy actually goes and congrats the other coach after the game. Just_Osmo

He was caught cheating yes. But if you still think that he's the only one who ever stole signals in the NFL and even the only one to have the idea to video tape it then your living in a dream world where the Pats are cheaters and the rest of the world play fair.

I also don't understand the overblown impact of stealing signals. NFL is paranoid as it is. Some change signals by the quaters and most by halfs, so I still fail to understand the bigger impact of this. The players still have to be well-coached and the coach still has to be good for a team to win 3 super bowls.

Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Killfox
Member since 2004 • 6666 Posts
Yes.
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 manningbowl135
[QUOTE="manningbowl135"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

I actually believe in innocent until proven guilty...or at least accused with some merit. Only Bellichick has been proven of doing that, and he did it in a game where he was winning by a blowout, Goodell in the house and the NFL headquarters in the same area! That's just stupid.

I won't believe others do it or did it until it's proven.

And dkhw, a retired O-lineman for ESPN said it best why stealing signals give you such an advantage. I'll paraphrase, from a offensive lineman's perspective, if you know the signals, you know what the defender is going to do. Alot of pass rushers best moves are sudden change of direction, explosiveness etc. If you know where the defender is coming from, when he's coming and whether he'll run a stunt, that gives you massive advantage over him. Same with recievers and running backs. If you know where the backs and lbs are and what they'll do, that's an amazing advantage.

Whiteghost09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Whiteghost09
Thankyou, the voice of reason.
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Just_Osmo
[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="manningbowl135"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

[QUOTE="Whiteghost09"]You see a scruffle on the field? Matt Lighthasalmost surely started it. The Colts don't trash talk in a game. Dungy actually goes and congrats the other coach after the game. manningbowl135

I actually believe in innocent until proven guilty...or at least accused with some merit. Only Bellichick has been proven of doing that, and he did it in a game where he was winning by a blowout, Goodell in the house and the NFL headquarters in the same area! That's just stupid.

And dkhw, a retired O-lineman for ESPN said it best why stealing signals give you such an advantage. I'll paraphrase, from a offensive lineman's perspective, if you know the signals, you know what the defender is going to do. Alot of pass rushers best moves are sudden change of direction, explosiveness etc. If you know where the defender is coming from, when he's coming and whether he'll run a stunt, that gives you massive advantage over him. Same with recievers and running backs. If you know where the backs and lbs are and what they'll do, that's an amazing advantage.

Well The Jets were caught filming from the Mesonine Level by the Patriots. Even though he claimed to have permission he was asked to be removed and even though it was filming of the end zones it is still illegal according to NFL rules. NFL rules say you have to be filming in an enclosed room with a roof. The Mesonine level has neither.

So there you go, theres someone illegally filming the endzones.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 manningbowl135
[QUOTE="manningbowl135"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="manningbowl135"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

Well The Jets were caught filming from the Mesonine Level by the Patriots. Even though he claimed to have permission he was asked to be removed and even though it was filming of the end zones it is still illegal according to NFL rules. NFL rules say you have to be filming in an enclosed room with a roof. The Mesonine level has neither.

Ok. And? He was doing something illegal, but clearly he wasn't filming the Patriots, which would constitute cheating. If he did, right now the Jets would be losing draft picks. I'm not talking about just doing something illegal, I'm talking about cheating. So far Bellichick is the only one that's done it. Wearing different color socks and taking steroids are both illegal. But they're not the same.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Just_Osmo
[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="manningbowl135"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="manningbowl135"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

Ok. And? He was doing something illegal, but clearly he wasn't filming the Patriots, which would constitute cheating. If he did, right now the Jets would be losing draft picks. I'm not talking about just doing something illegal, I'm talking about cheating. So far Bellichick is the only one that's done it. Wearing different color socks and taking steroids are both illegal. But they're not the same.

What he was doing was cheating. He was illegally filming. Doesn't matter if it's the same cheating. it still was illegal. Illegal filming of the field. They are the same. Doesnt matter where the camera was pointing. The rule that Bill broke was filming in an illegal spot, same as Mangini.

Whiteghost09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Whiteghost09
Man, stop trying to defend Belichik. NOBODY on earth likes him unless they're either from or live in Boston. Everyone knows he cheated. Filiming endzones. Big wup!
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Just_Osmo

Man, stop trying to defend Belichik. NOBODY on earth likes him unless they're either from or live in Boston. Everyone knows he cheated. Filiming endzones. Big wup!Whiteghost09

Bellichick may be hated but hes a football genious and i'd prefer him over any other head coach int he history of the NFL.

I love how everyone hates boston now but back in 2000 our teams were the lovable losers. Now we dominate every sport other then NHL and NBA.