If the SKINS squeek into the playoffs they could become VERY DANGEROUS.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Fuzzy_Munch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Fuzzy_Munch
Member since 2007 • 1018 Posts

I myself had left them for dead a few weeks ago after the loss to Bufflo with the lame 2 timeout call at the end of the game. It seemed Joe Gibbs alltimers had finaly set in.

But now it seems they have redeemed themselves to atleast a respecible season at worst.

But Todd Collins is no surprise he is doing exactly what he did in preseason he looked great in preseaon.

Anyway Joe Gibbs is a MASTER with different QB in the playoffs after all He's won 3 Super Bowls with 3 different QB's

but this season has been so up and down for the Skins. And it always seemed they were hugely underachieving with there talent.

Now it is very clear that they are starting to click with Randel El and Santana Moss starting to catch Fire. And Portis starting to run like the BEAST we know he can be.

If the Skins get in. They will be VERY VERY dangerous to contend with. If you guys notice they have gone away from the non stop run and try and hang on approach. Now you see them with a 2 or 3 touch down lead still throwing on first down. They have finally realized that they need to CLOSE GAMES. And it seems they believe in themselfs now in needing to CLOSE GAMES.

I guarantee you that every coach with there teams heading into the playoffs are seriously looking at the Skins right now and saying this is a BEAST we did not expect to be seeing right now. And they are looking kind of SCARY.

Look out the Skins are out for blood right now and they are playing like a wounded animal and starting to really catch fire when they need it most.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS.................... LOOK OUT

GalaxyMan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 GalaxyMan93
Member since 2007 • 230 Posts
Yeah skins do have a chance. its been a rough year.
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
Nope, I don't think they'd even get past the first round.
cvasquez311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 cvasquez311
Member since 2004 • 962 Posts

Nope, I don't think they'd even get past the first round.UssjTrunks

you clearly havn't watched their games lately, they've been underdogs going into the last 3 games and have been completely blowing out the other teams in the first half.

Seeing it as they must seem like mediocre teams at best but Giants are going to the playoffs, Vikings had #1 Run defense (over 100 yard rushing total between portis and betts), and Bears are the bears, they've played like crap this year but they are the bears.

Not saying they are going to win the super bowl, but it's safe enough to say they can make it to the big game as much as any NFC team out there. The only tough matchups they have inthe playoffs considering they beat the cowboys this coming weekend would be the cowboys or the Seahawks, simply because I havn't seen many of the hawks games.

hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 hockey73
Member since 2005 • 8281 Posts

Any team that makes the playoffs have that potential to become dangerous. like some teams that look iffy can elevate there play to next level.

ImError88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 ImError88
Member since 2007 • 653 Posts

[QUOTE="UssjTrunks"]Nope, I don't think they'd even get past the first round.cvasquez311

you clearly havn't watched their games lately, they've been underdogs going into the last 3 games and have been completely blowing out the other teams in the first half.

Seeing it as they must seem like mediocre teams at best but Giants are going to the playoffs, Vikings had #1 Run defense (over 100 yard rushing total between portis and betts), and Bears are the bears, they've played like crap this year but they are the bears.

Not saying they are going to win the super bowl, but it's safe enough to say they can make it to the big game as much as any NFC team out there. The only tough matchups they have inthe playoffs considering they beat the cowboys this coming weekend would be the cowboys or the Seahawks, simply because I havn't seen many of the hawks games.

Redskins are improving indeed. Like you said, they were underdogs, but the guys on that team clicked. Now they have a good chance of getting in.

And the Hawks are doing very, VERY well. You need to see some of their games.

Fuzzy_Munch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Fuzzy_Munch

[QUOTE="UssjTrunks"]Nope, I don't think they'd even get past the first round.cvasquez311

Another thing to keep in mind the Skins had both the Packers game and the Cowboys game this year very much in grasp. They blew it either the way they played both of them very close and showed they can play with the 2 best NFC teams. The Skins really should of won both them games they had the Packers on the ropes in Lambo. But threw the game away towards the end. They basically had the Cowboys number also. But then TO went crazy.

Either way The Skins are an improved team since then. They could very well lay the smack down on teams in the playoffs.

Like i said they are a wounded dog and with the loss of Sean Taylor they are a wounded dog with rabies right now.

They may prove to be very very very dangerous in the playoffs.

WhoShotMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 WhoShotMe
Member since 2002 • 5202 Posts

No team is looking for a repeat of any loss this year, especially Washington. The Redskins have way too much riding on the Cowboys game to lose. They've been through enough, and a 3 game winning streak at the end of the season won't satisfy a lot of people.

Now in case Washington does make the playoffs, and I think they will, the thing to remember is that Dallas and Green Bay have not been playing at their best lately. Farve, as good as he is, has been injured and the Packers had some 30+pts put up on 'em in Chicago. It will be a disaster if they came like that in Washington. Dallas barely got bythe Panthersin Carolina, so they can't afford to rest any starter, especially with their best reciever injured. One has to remember that the in regard to those two teams, Washington held it down and only beat themselves. People that did manage a win against the Redskins know how they do when they've got it together.

Ask the New York Giants.

Everyone in the NFC hunt is watching Washingto because no one expected a team that suffereda death in the family to have a 10-yr back up start anything, especially a winning streak consisting of routs. Green Bay doesn't want to lose to that type of team, and Dallas doesn't want a repeat of '05's encounters and the 1982 NFC Championship. Hell, I half expect some "We Want Dallas!" chants.

Robbie_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#9 Robbie_IV
Member since 2003 • 23299 Posts
Pardon my asking, since I could care less, but aren't you the person who made this thread?
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Just_Osmo
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts

Pardon my asking, since I could care less, but aren't you the person who made this thread?Robbie_IV

You made me giggle.

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#11 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
In the NFC, in the first round, any of teams could win, none are consistently dominant.
Fuzzy_Munch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Fuzzy_Munch

Pardon my asking, since I could care less, but aren't you the person who made this thread?Robbie_IV

HEHE

I knew someone would throw that in my face again.

If you go read the entire thread i CLEARY stated if the injuries don't hurt them. Well within the 2 weeks proir to that game the Redskins got desimated with injuries right around that time of the season. So yes they ended up getting there but whooped.

None the less i came back the very next day and took it like a man and said they got whooped.

We very well could be looking at a different animal in the Skins right now.

Gamer556

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gamer556
Member since 2006 • 3846 Posts

If the Skins get in (which they probably will), I like their chances in the playoffs. If they go in hot off a 4 game winning streak to end the season, they're going to be really tough to beat. I can't see anyone but Seattle or a healthy Dallas team knocking them off.

Also, I really hope they don't put in Jason Campbell if he gets better. Todd Collins may not be the starter, but he's playing out of his mind. Campbell may bethe future for this team, but Collins is hot right now, and they need him to win in the postseason.

Assassinslay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Assassinslay
Member since 2007 • 1366 Posts
If they have to squeek into the playoffs means they're not very good.....
Robbie_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Robbie_IV

[QUOTE="Robbie_IV"]Pardon my asking, since I could care less, but aren't you the person who made this thread?Fuzzy_Munch

HEHE

I knew someone would throw that in my face again.

If you go read the entire thread i CLEARY stated if the injuries don't hurt them. Well within the 2 weeks proir to that game the Redskins got desimated with injuries right around that time of the season. So yes they ended up getting there but whooped.

None the less i came back the very next day and took it like a man and said they got whooped.

We very well could be looking at a different animal in the Skins right now.

Well I guess as long as you say "if" you can just go right ahead and make whatever predictions you want without risk.

WhoShotMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 WhoShotMe

Squeek?

Washington has been soundly beating teams for the past three weeks, and all their losses have been due to collapse on defense, not from some overpowering offense (with the exception of the Cheaters, I mean Patriots.). They're not "squeek"ing anywhere. They're earning themselves a spot, and will complete that task if they beat Dallas in DC.

raghavan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 raghavan
Member since 2003 • 3416 Posts

They've been playing great football lately and i wouldn't be surprised if they made some noise. They're the hottest team in the NFL right now outside of New England.

If they make the playoffs, which i think they will, they will be at Seattle. The seahawks are an under-rated team and patrick kerney is going to give Todd Collins fits. He embarassed RT Levi Brown, a top5 pickwho has been great this year. He will likely be going up against UDFA Stephon Heyer, whos played well but will be facing a new challenge. Kerney is a front-runner Defensive Player Of the Year.

It's a tough matchup to break down. Maybe ill get into more of it later if/when it becomes official.

Fuzzy_Munch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Fuzzy_Munch

Squeek?

Washington has been soundly beating teams for the past three weeks, and all their losses have been due to collapse on defense, not from some overpowering offense (with the exception of the Cheaters, I mean Patriots.). They're not "squeek"ing anywhere. They're earning themselves a spot, and will complete that task if they beat Dallas in DC.

WhoShotMe

Either way I'm satisfied with them now. With this season being the most craziest season in Skins team history as far as I'm concerned. With the loss of Sean Taylor And the amount of injuries they have suffered.

I had really gave up on Gibbs a few weeks ago. But now i look at the whole picture. And Gibbs should be strongly considered for coach of the year at this point. I guess this is why he is in the Hall Of Fame after all.

If the Skins make it in or out. Or win or loose in the playoffs. They still have made one heck of a turn around considering this crazy season they have had.

Kudos to Joe Gibbs you Hall Of Famer PIMP!!!

One more thing yes Seattle concerns me if we get in. One bright spot Seetles Run game has not been the best like years past. Either way i don't think anyone can run the ball on the Skins anyway. The one thing that worries me is the Skins weak Spot has been there over the middle pass coverege. And the loss Of Sean Taylor hurts them even further in this area.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 manningbowl135
Member since 2006 • 7457 Posts

Squeek?

WhoShotMe

They have been losses, period. Who cares if they were defensive collapses or whatever? If you have 7 losses b/c of whatever reason, it doesn't matter what aspect it was, it's a huge concern. And if you're getting in b/c of a win on the last game of the season, that's barely getting in, which is squeek into the playoffs. It doesn't mean backing into the playoffs, but it is squeeking into the playoffs.

And they play Seattle in the first game (if they get in), who matches up great against them.

gatorforlife07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#20 gatorforlife07
Member since 2007 • 1098 Posts
ya i doubt that they will go far but maybe in another year or 2
MrHimz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MrHimz
Member since 2007 • 378 Posts
I hate the Redskins so much. I hope they get blown out by Dallas
Fuzzy_Munch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Fuzzy_Munch

I hate the Redskins so much. I hope they get blown out by DallasMrHimz

Becuase truly socer suxxxxxxxxx donky ballzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 manningbowl135

[QUOTE="MrHimz"]I hate the Redskins so much. I hope they get blown out by DallasFuzzy_Munch

I respect soccer and I'm in America. I don't respect the fans who treat it as anything more than a game and become violent.

To my knowledge soccer is the only sport where games have been played in an empty stadium b/c of fans. Fans weren't allowed inside after violence erupted in the previous match.

And Fuzzy-Munch, soccer is one of the most athletic, fun and definitely graceful sport out there. But let's not talk about that. This stuff will always lead to country bashing by someone.

D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts

[QUOTE="MrHimz"]I hate the Redskins so much. I hope they get blown out by DallasFuzzy_Munch

You know I used to think the same about American Football, then I started to understand the rules, how the game's played and I like it as much as soccer. Maybe you're watching the wrong teams, or don't know what's going on or simply don't like the game, but your comment makes you look soo immature.

Fuzzy_Munch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Fuzzy_Munch
[QUOTE="Fuzzy_Munch"]

[QUOTE="MrHimz"]I hate the Redskins so much. I hope they get blown out by DallasD3s7rUc71oN

You know I used to think the same about American Football, then I started to understand the rules, how the game's played and I like it as much as soccer. Maybe you're watching the wrong teams, or don't know what's going on or simply don't like the game, but your comment makes you look soo immature.

Well i used to play socer a lot. It's great fun to play. But to watch on TV it just stinks way to slow to watch on TV. Tell me how a 1 to 0 or say a 2-1 score is entertaining to watch on TV. When the rest of the time the players are just playing pass back in forth and keep away.

The reason it's so popular in other countries is becuase most are just that CRAZY PEOPLE looking for excuses to scream my COUNRY RULES. And then you get the fighting and places set on fire.

And when you just try to do it as a sport and keep the sain people in the seats to watch it here in the US. Well the ticket sales speak for themselfs. Not such a big deal to watch.

Football on the other hand now that's is way funner to watch HIt SMASH BOOM pass kick score it has it all and hot chear leaders. There is NO COMPARISON.

D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts
[QUOTE="D3s7rUc71oN"][QUOTE="Fuzzy_Munch"]

Well i used to play socer a lot. It's great fun to play. But to watch on TV it just stinks way to slow to watch on TV. Tell me how a 1 to 0 or say a 2-1 score is entertaining to watch on TV. When the rest of the time the players are just playing pass back in forth and keep away.

The reason it's so popular in other countries is becuase most are just that CRAZY PEOPLE looking for excuses to scream my COUNRY RULES. And then you get the fighting and places set on fire.

And when you just try to do it as a sport and keep the sain people in the seats to watch it here in the US. Well the ticket sales speak for themselfs. Not such a big deal to watch.

Football on the other hand now that's is way funner to watch HIt SMASH BOOM pass kick score it has it all and hot chear leaders. There is NO COMPARISON.

I don't know but MLS is boring, if you watch the English Premier League, Spanish, Italian League its on another level of play. The Champions League, upcoming Euro 2008 and the World Cup and many other tournaments. MLS is like watching High School Football.

Are you saying its popular b/c people look for an excuse to cause riots and saying their teams/country is the best? :| Yes there's those truly crazy fans in some countries, but that happenswhen their team loses and their passion makes them do this idiotic stunts.

The US doesn't represent the whole world, The 2006 World Cup finals between Italy vs France was watched by more the 2 BILLION people worldwide; that's easily double the amount compared to the Super Bowl that's also watched around the world.

Its clear you like the how Football is played, but the cheerleader thing should've been not brought into the discussion; though its certainly welcome to have:P

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 manningbowl135
[QUOTE="D3s7rUc71oN"][QUOTE="Fuzzy_Munch"]

I take offense to that. Before I came to America, I used to watch the world cup every 4 years. So did my family, friends and almost everyone we know. We watched b/c of the same reason I watch football, it's entertaining. Just b/c you don't find it entertaining don't make up any dumbass, ignorant, nonsense reasoning for why other people may like it.

EDIT: We're getting off-topic. Let's get back on it. Vikings >>>>>> Redskins. Discuss.

WhoShotMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 WhoShotMe

EDIT: We're getting off-topic. Let's get back on it. Vikings >>>>>> Redskins. Discuss.manningbowl135

Washington 32. Minnesota 21. Not much to discuss.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Do you happen to be the one who said they'd beat the Patriots? :lol:
cvasquez311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 cvasquez311
Member since 2004 • 962 Posts

[QUOTE="manningbowl135"]

EDIT: We're getting off-topic. Let's get back on it. Vikings >>>>>> Redskins. Discuss.WhoShotMe

Washington 32. Minnesota 21. Not much to discuss.

That score is skewed. it was Was- 22 Vikes - 0 by halftime. Skins put in the prevent defense crap in the last half like they always do. It could have very well been 32 - 0 if they played the same defense throughout the game. hope they don't do that this sunday.

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts
lmao, this kid shows up again...hey look they won 3 games, I can show my face on GS again! Hooray!
Fuzzy_Munch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Fuzzy_Munch

lmao, this kid shows up again...hey look they won 3 games, I can show my face on GS again! Hooray! Espurs117

You don't have a CLUE. I came back the next day and said right on here yes the Skins got there butts whooped

Fuzzy_Munch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Fuzzy_Munch

CONFIRMED

Redskins are a scary good all aorund balanced team right now. With PUNISHING run defense.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Just heard about their new QB playing good, we'll see if they're legit.
F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 F1Lengend
Member since 2005 • 7909 Posts
I would put my money on Seattle although I think redskins have a decent shot. IMO not team can take a healthy Dallas cowboys. If Owens returns in a week and a half, they will have Owens, Witten, and Glenn. Thats too much. Unfortunaly, our run game isn't as good as it was in the first half of the year. Marion isn't running as hard imo, well, not as well atleast, and Julius can kiss my hairy ass.
Acemaster27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Acemaster27
Member since 2004 • 4482 Posts
Sorry, but they're not beating the Seahawks at home. The hawks dont just drop home playoff games.
WhoShotMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 WhoShotMe

Seattle depends on their passing game against a defense that just isn't going to have it on Saturday. Alexander is a non-issue. He's an injury-prone back looking to reinvent himself after a difficult season against a team and defense that's had an even more difficult season, and the playoffs is not the time to do it.

My guess is 27-17 for Washington.

Fuzzy_Munch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Fuzzy_Munch

Win Loose or Draw either way the Skins should be commended for the turn around and what they have been through this season.

And Gibbs should be strongly considered for coach of the year for the fact that he held the team together through all the injuries ups and downs and Taylors death and to run them into the playoffs is an amazing feat in itself.

And the look on his face in the Dallas game as the rain poured off his hat and into his face said it all. The man is all LEGEND and SKINS for LIFE.

And i think he may retire for good after this year and he is just giving some of his best legendary coaching ever in this past month.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 manningbowl135

Seattle has the best defensive end in football and best outside lb this season. They have another pro bowl lb and apro bowl CB. Their defense isn't shabby.

Prediction: 24-14 SEA

Robbie_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Robbie_IV

Seattle scored more points than Washington did.

That's bad, right?

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
Nope, I don't think they'd even get past the first round.UssjTrunks

8)
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

[QUOTE="UssjTrunks"]Nope, I don't think they'd even get past the first round.UssjTrunks

8)

Lucky guess :P

Acemaster27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Acemaster27
Member since 2004 • 4482 Posts
Allright, go seahawks. I knew they were better than the 6th seed (sorry, just then I was being as arrogant as everyone else across the nation is to the seahawks. If Hass were on the east coast, he would be praised as one of the best qbs playing today)
riseagnstfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 riseagnstfan
Member since 2007 • 1081 Posts

obviously not anymore