I Wish Brett Farve Would Just Retire...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ChipmunkDeluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ChipmunkDeluxe
Member since 2006 • 3213 Posts
Hes not that good anymore....he has no chance of winning this year, hes acutally hurting the team by staying around instead of just letting the franchise move to the furture and start Aaron Rodgers.....

hes just hanging around now because he cant let go...and he wants some records....

he used to be good...but some people have to let it go...he has plenty of money so thats not the issue...so i think its just time for him to call it quits and just stay home in his bayou going fishing and chopping wood or something...
hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts
i agree, he's really washed up
nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts
I don't think he isn't good anymore. He's better than some quarterbacks, especially ones that make it to the Superbowl and than prove how much they really do suck *cough* Grossman *cough*.
boourns17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 boourns17
Member since 2005 • 87 Posts
Favre is still a good quarterback but his defense in the beginning of the year forced him to try for a comeback every game and therefore he got interceptions because of mediocre players surrounding him. but closer to the end of the season the packers overall seemed to pick up the slack, so i'd support his decision to come back, just wouldnt feel right for my bears to face the packers without him (and get back at him for all those years). 
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#5 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Well he surprised me a bit this past season, played ok enough to get 8 wins. I figured the packers would get only 6. But his accuracy is off from years back, the power is still there though. Packers should draft a QB this draft if they can find a good one. Let Favre get his records, see what Rodgers has to offer as well as the drafted QB.
PatsFanVince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#6 PatsFanVince
Member since 2006 • 290 Posts
I actually enjoy watching him play and I think its great hes coming back because he'll have some pretty good receivers like Donald Driver and Koren Robinson not to menchen Jennings has come on this past season.  He may not be as good as he used to but I think he still gives his team the best chance to win unlike Grossman.
KoFoNiO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 KoFoNiO
Member since 2006 • 938 Posts
I don't think he isn't good anymore. He's better than some quarterbacks, especially ones that make it to the Superbowl and than prove how much they really do suck *cough* Grossman *cough*.nygiants1080
Yeah Favre could do some damage if he had a team like the Bears. I love Brett I hope he doesnt retire until he truly shows that he can't play in the NFL anymore.
raghavan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 raghavan
Member since 2003 • 3416 Posts

I am sick and tired of losing to him.

Brett Favre, please retire!

VERS1ON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 VERS1ON
Member since 2003 • 1188 Posts
When a player (such as Favre) contemplates retirement 3 years in a row, practically holds the team hostage once, and comes back the 3rd time primarily because of records, and not because he wants his team to win, he needs to be done. The Packers won the 8th game because the Bears had nothing to play for (when Rex Grossman admits looking past you, that says something). Oh yeah, when you cry on TV about how much joy you're experiencing and ramble for 5 minutes about how hard it is, and you DIDN'T JUST WIN THE SUPER BOWL, you need to retire and let Aaron Rodgers earn his salary.

I respect the man, but you can't find out whether Aaron Rodgers was a worthwhile investment if the guy in front of him essentially doesn't allow him to play.
Darth-Mac10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Darth-Mac10
Member since 2007 • 92 Posts

they were 8-8 with no pass defense and lil running game. there an outside linebacker and a safety away from the nfc championship. no lie.

ps. sounds to me like the thread creator and probly the moderator here are just scared bears fans.

Darth-Mac10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Darth-Mac10
Member since 2007 • 92 Posts
When a player (such as Favre) contemplates retirement 3 years in a row, practically holds the team hostage once, and comes back the 3rd time primarily because of records, and not because he wants his team to win, he needs to be done. The Packers won the 8th game because the Bears had nothing to play for (when Rex Grossman admits looking past you, that says something). Oh yeah, when you cry on TV about how much joy you're experiencing and ramble for 5 minutes about how hard it is, and you DIDN'T JUST WIN THE SUPER BOWL, you need to retire and let Aaron Rodgers earn his salary.

I respect the man, but you can't find out whether Aaron Rodgers was a worthwhile investment if the guy in front of him essentially doesn't allow him to play.
VERS1ON
aaron rodgers still sucks. nothing has changed.
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts
He does barely give the Pack a better chance of Aaron Rodgers who busted his ankle, but he is just sticking around for the records. They can't beat the Saints, Bears, Seahawks, the entire NFC East plus even the maybe the Cards and Rams next year. I have looked at their schedule but I dont they'll reach .500. They might even draft ANOTHER QB cause Rodgers has looked like crap when he has been getting injured.
-CPK-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -CPK-
Member since 2006 • 103 Posts
I like Favre and support his decision to stay.
raghavan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 raghavan

they were 8-8 with no pass defense and lil running game. there an outside linebacker and a safety away from the nfc championship. no lie.

ps. sounds to me like the thread creator and probly the moderator here are just scared bears fans.

Darth-Mac10

You do realize the packers had one of the easiest schedules in the NFL this year, right?

And they won the last game because the bears had clinched homefield advantage. They didnt try. They didnt care.

Favre can do what he wants, but he IS holding the team back. You have to give rodgers at least 2 years of evaluation. What happens if the packers are a good team by then, but he stinks?

The packers could go either way. But to say they could make a nfc championship is laughable.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21711 Posts
I'm sick of him too. Even though his team has a chance of making it to the playoffs, it doesn't mean he's going to win the SB. Rogers is the future and the sooner they start to use him, the sooner he'll get better.
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts
[QUOTE="Darth-Mac10"]

raghavan

You do realize the packers had one of the easiest schedules in the NFL this year, right?

And they won the last game because the bears had clinched homefield advantage. They didnt try. They didnt care.

Favre can do what he wants, but he IS holding the team back. You have to give rodgers at least 2 years of evaluation. What happens if the packers are a good team by then, but he stinks?

The packers could go either way. But to say they could make a nfc championship is laughable.

The Bears had the same problem with Rex, but that didn't stop them from making it to the SB.

Anyway, Favre is still a pretty decent quarterback and he thinks this team can be something special next season. They do have some cap room, so they might sign some KEY players this offseason.
raghavan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 raghavan
[QUOTE="raghavan"][QUOTE="Darth-Mac10"]

Ngamer05

The Bears had the same problem with Rex, but that didn't stop them from making it to the SB.

Anyway, Favre is still a pretty decent quarterback and he thinks this team can be something special next season. They do have some cap room, so they might sign some KEY players this offseason.

Grossman was actually good for many games. Oh yeah, they also have a great D and a great special teams. The packers gave up a lot of points (i think 2nd most) and their ST is nothing special.

ChipmunkDeluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ChipmunkDeluxe
Member since 2006 • 3213 Posts

VERS1ON

thats exactly the point i was trying to get across...hes not helping the team at all...hes hurting the team not only this year....but maybe years down the line because they just cant move on....they are stuck doing whatever the hell he wants...they cant win at the moment...they need to start rebuilding and going another direction with the team...and hes ruining it right now...
pappyredbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 pappyredbeard
Member since 2006 • 117 Posts
I agree that he should hang them up but that might put the packers in a pickle because I don't think Rodgers is any good.
S0DA_POPINSKI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 S0DA_POPINSKI
Member since 2006 • 1582 Posts
The Packers are better with him then without him.
ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#23 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts
don't you ever disrespect one the great one like that ever again
Hes not that good anymore....he has no chance of winning this year, hes acutally hurting the team by staying around instead of just letting the franchise move to the furture and start Aaron Rodgers.....

hes just hanging around now because he cant let go...and he wants some records....

he used to be good...but some people have to let it go...he has plenty of money so thats not the issue...so i think its just time for him to call it quits and just stay home in his bayou going fishing and chopping wood or something...
ChipmunkDeluxe
InterpolWilco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 InterpolWilco
Member since 2005 • 2487 Posts
If you think Brett Favre can't play anymore your smoking crack. The guy is still one of the best QB's in the game. Whether he can carry a team on his back like he used to? Thats a different story. he can still play, but he should playing for another team that isn't hungry for leadership.
VERS1ON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 VERS1ON
Member since 2003 • 1188 Posts

If you think Brett Favre can't play anymore your smoking crack. The guy is still one of the best QB's in the game. Whether he can carry a team on his back like he used to?Thats a different story. he can still play, but he should playing for another team that isn't hungry for leadership.InterpolWilco

That's definitely a statement I agree with. The only reason that I say he needs to retire instead of going to another team is the fact that the man himself only talks about retirement.

To the people who say Rodgers sucks, you have NO reasonable amount of NFL experience to base that on. Either that or you say he sucked in college. I don't remember anything spectacular about Tom Brady's college career. But all of a sudden, he's supposedly one of the top 10 QB's of all time with only six full seasons starting. If Drew Bledsoe didn't get injured in 2001, who knows what Tom Brady would be, or where he would be. He got a legit chance, and he made the most of it. Rodgers hasn't even gotten a legitimate shot at leading the team, because of Favre, and he apparently sucks.

Question: When's the last season that Brett Favre hasn't thrown at least 15 INT's? Answer: 1996. Tom Brady? Every season, including 2002 when he had over 600 attempts. Peyton Manning has thrown 15+ INTs in a season since 2002. In fact, Manning threw 2 less INTs in 20 games this season than Favre did in 16 games.

Is Favre horrible? No. Is he declining? Yes, and has been for years. Does he currently give the Packers the best chance to win a division right now, yes, considering it's the worst division in the league. It's like when Joe Montana went to the Chiefs - he was still a good player, but it's not like I expected them to win a Super Bowl. Sorry, but at this point, Favre can't win a Super Bowl with the Pack - he needs to mentor Rodgers, stop thinking about himself, and give back to the team and city that has given him so much. 

cvasquez311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 cvasquez311
Member since 2004 • 962 Posts

VERS1ON
that last line is well put, I can't wait for PS3 to have a bigger game library cuz i'm definately more of a sony person. Hell, after 360 came out my xbox was untouched for a year, and right now i'm still playin ps2 games (FFXII and Bully). the only good games and there are only like 3 for the 360 are all shooters. boring. almost a waste of money. Farve should retired and let Rodgers start, it's kind of selfish just to play one more year just for records sake but at the same time Favre is coming of the end of the era of QBs, i mean hes from the same era as the likes of jim kelly and steve young! I dunno, I respect him.
nickmag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nickmag
Member since 2006 • 6710 Posts
well at least he didn't take 3 months to decide like last season.
ghostrc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ghostrc
Member since 2004 • 2604 Posts
Hes not that good anymore
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

Great topic to get bumped :lol:

Guess the TC got owned this season.

tmatte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tmatte
Member since 2005 • 1488 Posts
haha great bump, perfect timing
Luke-85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Luke-85
Member since 2007 • 287 Posts
Yeah Packers suck this year, doubt they'll even get 7 or 8 wins
Luke-85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Luke-85

[QUOTE="InterpolWilco"]If you think Brett Favre can't play anymore your smoking crack. The guy is still one of the best QB's in the game. Whether he can carry a team on his back like he used to?Thats a different story. he can still play, but he should playing for another team that isn't hungry for leadership.VERS1ON

That's definitely a statement I agree with. The only reason that I say he needs to retire instead of going to another team is the fact that the man himself only talks about retirement.

To the people who say Rodgers sucks, you have NO reasonable amount of NFL experience to base that on. Either that or you say he sucked in college. I don't remember anything spectacular about Tom Brady's college career. But all of a sudden, he's supposedly one of the top 10 QB's of all time with only six full seasons starting. If Drew Bledsoe didn't get injured in 2001, who knows what Tom Brady would be, or where he would be. He got a legit chance, and he made the most of it. Rodgers hasn't even gotten a legitimate shot at leading the team, because of Favre, and he apparently sucks.

Question: When's the last season that Brett Favre hasn't thrown at least 15 INT's? Answer: 1996. Tom Brady? Every season, including 2002 when he had over 600 attempts. Peyton Manning has thrown 15+ INTs in a season since 2002. In fact, Manning threw 2 less INTs in 20 games this season than Favre did in 16 games.

Is Favre horrible? No. Is he declining? Yes, and has been for years. Does he currently give the Packers the best chance to win a division right now, yes, considering it's the worst division in the league. It's like when Joe Montana went to the Chiefs - he was still a good player, but it's not like I expected them to win a Super Bowl. Sorry, but at this point, Favre can't win a Super Bowl with the Pack - he needs to mentor Rodgers, stop thinking about himself, and give back to the team and city that has given him so much.

LMAO, Yeah Brady Sucks too.

Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Dilrod
Member since 2003 • 4257 Posts
[QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]

Great topic to get bumped :lol:

Guess the TC got owned this season.

CommanderShiro

:lol:

I was just thinking the same thing. Im a Cowboy fan, but a Favre fan also.

Luke-85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Luke-85

HAHAHA

Bengals will go 16-0 too, right.

SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SaintBlaze
Member since 2007 • 7736 Posts

Holy ****!!!

Cant believe this topic's bumped...

Im gonna come out right now and say Ive been owned...considering im the TC :lol:

Tony-Sinclair

Ban dodging? :o

Tony-Sinclair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Tony-Sinclair
Member since 2007 • 223 Posts
[QUOTE="Tony-Sinclair"]

Holy ****!!!

Im gonna come out right now and say Ive been owned...considering im the TC :lol:

SaintBlaze

OH NOEZ! :shock:

SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SaintBlaze
[QUOTE="SaintBlaze"][QUOTE="Tony-Sinclair"]

Holy ****!!!

Tony-Sinclair

NO WAYZ!!!111 :shock::o

Tony-Sinclair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Tony-Sinclair
[QUOTE="Tony-Sinclair"][QUOTE="SaintBlaze"][QUOTE="Tony-Sinclair"]

Holy ****!!!

SaintBlaze

yeah im prob gonna get banned again but it was worth it...just too much of a coincidence that this topic was brought up :lol:

SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SaintBlaze
[QUOTE="SaintBlaze"][QUOTE="Tony-Sinclair"][QUOTE="SaintBlaze"][QUOTE="Tony-Sinclair"]

Holy ****!!!

Tony-Sinclair

yeah im prob gonna get banned again but it was worth it...just too much of a coincidence that this topic was brought up :lol:

Well I think you could have gotten away with it if you didn't mention that you were the TC. :lol:

Tony-Sinclair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Tony-Sinclair

Well I think you could have gotten away with it if you didn't mention that you were the TC. :lol:

SaintBlaze

yeah i knew that...ive been banned a thousand times...i dont care any more....takes 5 seconds to make a new account

Plus i prob deserve a ban just because I made the thread :lol:

SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SaintBlaze
[QUOTE="SaintBlaze"]

Tony-Sinclair

yeah i knew that...ive been banned a thousand times...i dont care any more....takes 5 seconds to make a new account

Plus i prob deserve a ban just because I made the thread :lol:

So true. :lol: