How about LeBron makin some clutch free throws!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Sheldon__Cooper
Sheldon__Cooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sheldon__Cooper
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Sure, it was just a regular season game against one of the worst teams in the league, but I still found it impressive how LeBron went to the free throw line and knocked down 6 straight clutch free throws to win the game. It was somethng that I hadn't seen in a long time, in terms of going back to the free throw line over and over again with the game on the line and making them with that much confidence. He looked about as calm as a person could like while shooting them too, something to keep note of. What do you guys think? This caught me by surprise because I thought for sure he was gonna miss 2 or 3 out of the 6 free throws and choke like he's done time and time again in the past at the free throw line. And although there wasn't nearly as much pressure as there would be if there was a big game, there certainly was pressure because he had to be thinking to himself, "Alright, if I miss these, we lose to one of the worst teams and end up looking like idiots." Not saying there was a good amount of pressure, but it was existent nonetheless.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

the man is a beast and can do anything on the court..even free throws when he wants to..

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Is it the playoffs?
Sheldon__Cooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sheldon__Cooper

the man is a beast and can do anything on the court..even free throws when he wants to..

KBFloYd
Well apparently not in the NBA Finals.
Major_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Major_Snake
Member since 2007 • 5271 Posts

He's been "clutch"

Just not that often as people would like from "The Chosen One."

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Put_in_Kitna
Member since 2009 • 2765 Posts

FTs huh? Those shots people are supposed to make? The ones with no defense in your face? Like that line you stand on and shoot? Hmm. Cool.

fudger2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#7 fudger2
Member since 2004 • 2315 Posts
You mean shots from the CHARITY stripe?
GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts

He's been "clutch"

Just not that often as people would like from "The Chosen One."

Major_Snake

The self-appointed "Chosen One", I might add...

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts
You really made a topic about a player making free throws? What's next?A topic for every field goal made in a season?
Sheldon__Cooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sheldon__Cooper
No I'm not saying this is a big achievement, but I was just caught by surprise that he did something like this considering his clutch stuggles in the past. He had a recent 20-37 stretch from the free throw line and he kept missing free throws late in games and showing that the pressure of having the game on the line even in the regular season was getting to him, so that was just something that I found impressive.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
FTs huh? Those shots people are supposed to make? The ones with no defense in your face? Like that line you stand on and shoot? Hmm. Cool.Put_in_Kitna
Yup, against a flop team in a game no one is watching. Bow down for the chosen one people! Don't mention that old man who has the free throw record.........
Major_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Major_Snake
Member since 2007 • 5271 Posts

If he doesn't make these FTs then everyone is on his **** for always sucking when it counts.

Just a loss-loss for him in THIS situtation.

Sheldon__Cooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sheldon__Cooper
Yeah I agree regardless of if he makes them or not people are gonna find some reason to criticize him.
Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Innovazero2000
Member since 2006 • 3159 Posts
This is the year Lebron gets his ring, which is about the same time when Jordan got his. (just a reference, not a comparison) Those who diss Lebron for winning because he has wade/bosh now forget, Jordan didn't get his till Pippin arrived, those 90's bull's teams was stocked with all-stars and hall of famers.
Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts
This is the year Lebron gets his ring, which is about the same time when Jordan got his. (just a reference, not a comparison) Those who diss Lebron for winning because he has wade/bosh now forget, Jordan didn't get his till Pippin arrived, those 90's bull's teams was stocked with all-stars and hall of famers.Innovazero2000
Lol stocked with all-stars and hall of famers? Who? Pippen and Jordan.. and Rodman, but they won 3 without him. Wade>>both of those guys.
Paco8byu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Paco8byu
Member since 2010 • 522 Posts

Percentage wise Lebron is just as clutch as Kobe, but for some reason all the hate goes to Lebron.

communitae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 communitae
Member since 2012 • 28 Posts
Kobe is still king
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts

Percentage wise Lebron is just as clutch as Kobe, but for some reason all the hate goes to Lebron.

Paco8byu
Kobe isn't a self proclaimed king. Kobe has championships, lebron doesn't. LeBron chokes in the 4th quarter, especially in the playoffs. Seriously, saying they are similar is a joke.
GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts
[QUOTE="Paco8byu"]

SF_KiLLaMaN
Kobe isn't a self proclaimed king. Kobe has championships, lebron doesn't. LeBron chokes in the 4th quarter, especially in the playoffs. Seriously, saying they are similar is a joke.

Also, percentage doesn't necessarily differentiate the two. We've seen LeBron in big situations like the finals last year where he pretty much doesn't take ANY shots in the 4th quarter, which percentage does not portray.