Hey for all whos wondering about the cover of madden 08

This topic is locked from further discussion.

stewart24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 stewart24
Member since 2004 • 660 Posts

I was recently at maddens 08 web page and they have a new team every day u can pick as a desktop background(there really just the team colors) and they will keep adding new teams till the NFL draft. I can bet an arm and a leg and even my dog that on draft day EA will announce the cover athlete and some info on the game that I been dying to hear (from what I heard gang tackling is in this years game hey wait a second wasnt that a feature in madden 2003).  Any who look out on draft day for the announcement of the cover athlete just to give you a heads up.

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3541 Posts

I really dont want to bother buying the new Madden. I just wish it wasnt the only football game out there!:cry:

geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 geaux321
Member since 2003 • 19424 Posts
Did you pay attention to when they announced the cover last year?? Hint, it wasn't at the draft.
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts

I really dont want to bother buying the new Madden. I just wish it wasnt the only football game out there!:cry:

Miyomatic

have no fear 2k8 is here  ;)

jimmygrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jimmygrace
Member since 2007 • 2405 Posts
[QUOTE="Miyomatic"]

I really dont want to bother buying the new Madden. I just wish it wasnt the only football game out there!:cry:

andyboiii

Man what I really miss are those $20 price tags.
lalangan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lalangan
Member since 2005 • 621 Posts
well...i didn't have to wait for my team's wallpaper, :D
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts
[QUOTE="Miyomatic"]

andyboiii

With no teams or players. Why bother?
Big_O2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Big_O2006
Member since 2007 • 106 Posts

has there been any info on 2k8 yet.......im dying to see what all the hype is all about.

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 andyboiii
[QUOTE="andyboiii"][QUOTE="Miyomatic"]

murlow12

have no fear 2k8 is here ;)

I know the Fake teams really killed it, however I would much rather play a game with great gameplay rather then stick with madden which is the SOS every year.

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts
[QUOTE="murlow12"][QUOTE="andyboiii"][QUOTE="Miyomatic"]

andyboiii

I know the Fake teams really killed it, however I would much rather play a game with great gameplay rather then stick with madden which is the SOS every year.

I totally disagree. The ONLY reason to play sports games is for your favorite teams and players. If that wasn't the case, then why isn't Arena Football selling better?
badaboom187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 badaboom187
Member since 2005 • 6917 Posts

jimmygrace

Man what I really miss are those $20 price tags.

lol i missed those $20 price tag too
PlayedThemAll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PlayedThemAll
Member since 2006 • 665 Posts

Miyomatic
It's a great football game. I don't know why people complain about not having other compeition. Madden got the exclusive NFL license because it best represented the football tradition. NFL2k and those other over rated games.. I played them and they were not the real football experience
mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts

Because the game is wack!  I honestly don't care too much about the real teams.  Does that make me less of a fan?  No, I don't think so.  Bottom line... if the game plays well, it's in my collection. 

[QUOTE="andyboiii"][QUOTE="murlow12"][QUOTE="andyboiii"][QUOTE="Miyomatic"]

murlow12

I totally disagree. The ONLY reason to play sports games is for your favorite teams and players. If that wasn't the case, then why isn't Arena Football selling better?

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 andyboiii
[QUOTE="andyboiii"][QUOTE="murlow12"][QUOTE="andyboiii"][QUOTE="Miyomatic"]

murlow12

lol arena football games have never sold well, it might be because its ARENA FOOTBALL!!:lol: 

anyways all the 2k football games have never recieved below a 9 rating on any game they put out, and theres a good reason for that, can't say the same about madden though, it seems without competition they have been laggin it these past couple years 

Im sure everyone remember 2k5 football, the last great football game but madden saw competion *cough* greatness *cough* and signed a contract to take it out, quite sad that people only had one NFL game to choose from. I dont know about you guys but I like to have a choice when choosing a NFL football game, nobody should have to buy madden just to get some football in their blood

bookmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bookmeister
Member since 2007 • 182 Posts
the cover of the countdown to madden cover is definitley a quarterback, so if that is the outline of the coverboy only if it is, than that outline of the quarterback looks to me like Drew Brees; just sayin'.
tmac200913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tmac200913
Member since 2006 • 16647 Posts

murlow12

yea I dont think it would be a good game at all..

twopic58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#17 twopic58
Member since 2007 • 3710 Posts
Meh. I don't even know if I'm gonna get Madden 08. 07 for 360 wasn't that good.
dapimp1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dapimp1
Member since 2004 • 316 Posts
Maddens online play is alot better. than 2k8.
JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JDW_games
Member since 2006 • 1892 Posts
Real teams don't matter to me although it makes it fun. Some of the best sports games I remember as a kid didn't have real teams. Joe Montana Football was a great series on the Sega Genesis and it did not have real players. If All Pro Football 2K8 is anywhere near the other games it will be great! Real players or not. :)
JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JDW_games
Member since 2006 • 1892 Posts
By the way .... I just hope and pray the cover does not have anyone from my team the Cincinnati Bengals on it. We all know about the curse of the Madden EA cover ...
Ebeneezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ebeneezer
Member since 2002 • 3453 Posts

By the way .... I just hope and pray the cover does not have anyone from my team the Cincinnati Bengals on it. We all know about the curse of the Madden EA cover ... JDW_games

Judging from this past season and their "run-ins" with the law, you'd think EA had their entire team photo on the cover last year. jk :P

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#22 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

murlow12

As well as sub par gameplay... sounds like a winner... The only reason I like it is just to keep EA on their toes but I thought Madden 07 was killer! Now with gang tackles in the mix it will just be even better. 

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#23 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

[QUOTE="bookmeister"]the cover of the countdown to madden cover is definitley a quarterback, so if that is the outline of the coverboy only if it is, than that outline of the quarterback looks to me like Drew Brees; just sayin'.

My buddy and I looked up pics of Drew Brees throwing the ball and he holds his non-throwing hand in a different position than the outline (it's somewhat similar but Grossman and Vince Young are MUCH closer than Brees to the outline). I hope it's not Grossman but if it is they better use this picture right here because it sums up what Grossman did...

Grossman letting the D have their way with him...

MDDichard07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#24 MDDichard07
Member since 2006 • 284 Posts
first off, the picture above me is classic. second, 2k8 is going to be garbage without real teams or players. I'd say over 90% of Madden users play Madden to either be their favorite player or be part of their favorite team.