Giants vs Cowboys

This topic is locked from further discussion.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 manningbowl135
Member since 2006 • 7457 Posts

Boy will the G-men be underdogs in that game or what? The only chance they may have is if Eli has a great game and outplays Romo. It's good weather, so he should play well. I don't trust that defense against Cowboys b/c of that O-line. 3 pro bowlers in that line and all deserving. Hopefully the Giants can pull it out.

Who do you think will win? The Giants will probably be double digit underdogs.

Koralan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Koralan
Member since 2004 • 154 Posts
I hope the giants win :?
nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts

I say Giants, but that is because im biased :P

I can say it will be a close game though. Especially if the Giants play like they did today against the Bucs.

wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 wallymartin
Member since 2004 • 12165 Posts
It'll probably be the Cowboys. I don't fully trust them though, and the Giants are a pretty good team, so I expect it to be close.
lordsettra12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lordsettra12
Member since 2005 • 4213 Posts
Cowboys already beat them 2 times. So Cowboys
BIGKILLA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BIGKILLA
Member since 2003 • 795 Posts
Cowboys will win.
gatorforlife07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 gatorforlife07
Member since 2007 • 1098 Posts
Giants because I hate the Cowboys
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

It's very hard to beat a team 3 times in one season. I am going to say the Giants win.

Should be a good game no matter what.

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts

I hope the Giants win. I hate them a tiny bit more than the Cowboys:P

But realisticaly I think NY has to play a damn good game to beat Dallas.

KingOfKonging

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KingOfKonging
Member since 2007 • 1233 Posts

Hoping the Giants take it, realistically expecting the Cowboys to pull out the W without much trouble...

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 manningbowl135
I actually think the pressure is on Cowboys. Giants are not expected to win by a long shot. Besides, Manning won his playoff game. They are not supposed to get past the Boys. Romo is now the one without a playoff win and the Cowboys are monumental dissapointments if they don't win. Let's see if it gets to them.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Dallas will flop and the Giants school um, well i hope so at least.
atlflcns7_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 atlflcns7_2004
Member since 2007 • 201 Posts
I hate the Giants and Eli. Eli has to be the worst quarterback in the league. Ill give him credit this week in the Wild Card game and against the Pats, but his season overall was awful. If they didn't have Brandon Jacobs to open up the passing game, they wouldn't even be in the playoffs. So in that case, LETS GO ROMO!!!
feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
The Giants are playing with house money so they don't have the pressure on them as Dallas does since the experts are all picking them to win. I want the Giants to win, but I can't see them doing it in Dallas. They're already 7.5 pt. underdogs I believe. Go Giants!!!
tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 tekmojo
Member since 2006 • 1425 Posts
Will be a loud and tough game, hoping the 'boys pull away in the 4th quarter.
Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Dilrod
Member since 2003 • 4257 Posts
Here is to hoping my Cowboys continue their great season.
Dreski83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#17 Dreski83
Member since 2003 • 1104 Posts

I didn't think the Giants would even make it out of the 1st round... shame on me. Now, against a real team OFF and DEF wise... I'm gonna go with the G-MEN :P

if their defense plays hard and the offense keep the mistakes at a low, they got a real good chance at pulling a upset. how about inviting that simpson girl... she's cute in pink :lol:

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 manningbowl135

The Giants are 8.5 points underdogs. Second largest after the Jags.

Pressure's all on the Boys.

Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts

I can't stand both of these teams, but the Cowboys will probably win. They're the better overall team, with the much better quarterback.

dcowboys3315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dcowboys3315
Member since 2004 • 3044 Posts

I hate the Giants and Eli. Eli has to be the worst quarterback in the league. Ill give him credit this week in the Wild Card game and against the Pats, but his season overall was awful. If they didn't have Brandon Jacobs to open up the passing game, they wouldn't even be in the playoffs. So in that case, LETS GO ROMO!!!atlflcns7_2004

how can u say mannings the worst qb in the league? after looking at some teams this year, im sure that they would love to have manning on their team. im sure he'll keep getting better. and this is coming from a cowboys fan.

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts
Giants will be exposed. They beat a bad TB team. Granted it was on the road, which is impressive, but the Cowboys are actually legit. I say Dallas takes it by at least 2 TDs.
eggroll17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 eggroll17
Member since 2006 • 1405 Posts
I say Cowboys win by 4-7 points. Although, Tony Romo hasn't been the same without T.O in the line-up.(G-men will have to contain TR though, or QB spy him with Strahan)
nyyankeesjg25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 nyyankeesjg25
Member since 2007 • 240 Posts

Ok here I go with this thread. I am a Eagles fan ok and as you know Eagles VS. Giants is a rivalry.. I am going to tell you that my post right now is NOT BIASED. I am going to say what I actually think. OK here I go.

The New York Giants VS. The Dallas Cowboys. The Dallas Cowboys will win this game 34-21. The giants offesnive line has had problems all season with pass protection. The Dallas Cowboys have a very fast defesne that likes to blitz from the outside. But they have a good Linebacking core to stil cover the middle zone of the field. Against the TB Bucs' all eli maning did in his " great " game was throw little dump passes. HOnestly if the giants put in Jared Lorenzen or Antoine Wright they could have done at least the same job. Eli didnt really do much in the passing game.I can honestly say that Eli Manning did lead his team to the playoffs while my team did not. I think that The only reason the Giants are really doing anything this season is because of Brandon Jacobs and the running game. The Attack of Jacobs either running, or going back to those " Short Dump Passes " is what really got the Giants offense to get going. Ahmad Bradshawn has also been contributing, but neither of these two players have any playoff experience. Eli Manning is also known for chocking in the big situations. He will again, choke and have a bad game.

On The Dallas Cowboys side of the ball Tony Romo, a up and coming Quarterback in this leauge, is having a great Season. UNlike the Giants, The Cowboys have a awesome O-Line so Romo to Owens will be there all day considering the Giants Secondary is absoultely terrible. Marion Barber and Julius JOnes will also just pound the ball in the middle of the field.

I think that the Giants, if they have any chance at this game, really need to be aggresive defensively against the Cowboys like they did The Patriots, Blitz and Be Agressive in the Pass Defensive, which would be dificult considering the poor secondary.

THis one is Easy for me to decide. Giants Lose to the Cowboys.

Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts

This is a tough one to call. The Giants play very well on the road,and have played their best football lately. The Cowboys are ice-cold, but at home after a bye. The Cowboys may also be missing TO. I think this game will be close.

I have to go with the Cowboys, but I could easily see the Giants pulling off an upset.

usaaaaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 usaaaaaa
Member since 2008 • 1071 Posts
I hope the Giants win.
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 manningbowl135

Against the TB Bucs' all eli maning did in his " great " game was throw little dump passes. HOnestly if the giants put in Jared Lorenzen or Antoine Wright they could have done at least the same job. Eli didnt really do much in the passing game. Eli Manning is also known for chocking in the big situations.

nyyankeesjg25

The bolded part made me laugh.

And please enlighten me. Wasn't it Eli who led the Giants to a comeback win against the Broncos last year? He had a comeback drive against the Boys last year, but the defense couldn't hold. This year, he brought the game within 3 points in the 4th quarter with back to back TD drives before the Boys scored and he was knocked out. Bears, 2 4th quarter TDs and a win. Look at his numbers and watch him play before saying this stuff. He has by far his best QB rating and numbers during the 4th quarter.

nyyankeesjg25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 nyyankeesjg25
Member since 2007 • 240 Posts
ok well he has gotten a win like that only once? maybe? and besides everyone knows that the giants even if a miracle is pulled off...... will not go any were in the playoffs
swamprat_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 swamprat_basic
Member since 2002 • 9145 Posts

ok well he has gotten a win like that only once? maybe? and besides everyone knows that the giants even if a miracle is pulled off...... will not go any were in the playoffsnyyankeesjg25

Are you sure you're really an Eagles fan, or did you say that to try and make yourself look legit? If you really are an Eagles fan, I'd think you'd have seen a couple Giants games. Clearly, you have not.

If Eli Manning is known for "choking" in big situations, why does everybody talk about his superior 2-minute game. If anything he chokes early in the games, and then has to dig himself out of the hole. Eli does surprisingly well when the pressure's on in the 4th quarter.

dcowboys3315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dcowboys3315

I say Cowboys win by 4-7 points. Although, Tony Romo hasn't been the same without T.O in the line-up.(G-men will have to contain TR though, or QB spy him with Strahan)eggroll17

well thats not gonna matter cuz TO is gonna play.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 manningbowl135

[QUOTE="eggroll17"]I say Cowboys win by 4-7 points. Although, Tony Romo hasn't been the same without T.O in the line-up.(G-men will have to contain TR though, or QB spy him with Strahan)dcowboys3315

well thats not gonna matter cuz TO is gonna play.

You should see the video in nfl.com about TO's injury. Faulk (who played with this injury btw) says how it can affect a reciever. Woodson says how one teammate he played with once had this injury and couldn't get a burst going at all. But we'll see after the first series on Sunday.

dcowboys3315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dcowboys3315
he doesnt have to b 100%. just him out there will be a great decoy to open stuff up for other receivers.
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 manningbowl135

Giants will be exposed. They beat a bad TB team. Granted it was on the road, which is impressive, but the Cowboys are actually legit. I say Dallas takes it by at least 2 TDs.murlow12

Yet you picked the bad Bucs team to win.

he doesnt have to b 100%. just him out there will be a great decoy to open stuff up for other receivers.dcowboys3315

If he's not 100%, the Giants will know that after the first or two series. Then that decoy won't be much effective.

swamprat_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 swamprat_basic
Member since 2002 • 9145 Posts

he doesnt have to b 100%. just him out there will be a great decoy to open stuff up for other receivers.dcowboys3315

So they're going to double cover him just because he's TO? That's ridiculous. If TO isn't 100% on Sunday, the Giants will cover him like they would any other receiver.

In order for a decoy to work, it has to appear threatening. If TO doesn't look like he's going to be a threat, he's not going to be much of decoy.

D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts
The Giants last road loss was in their first game against the Cowboys, they're an 8-0 since then on the road :o. I think this game will come down to the final minutes in the 4th quarter, its up to Romo or Eli to who outperforms whoin the final minutes.
Rage11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Rage11
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts
Cowboys will win, but I'm not doubting that the Giants have a good chance. Without T.O., the Cowboys could be in trouble. I still think with or without him, the Cowboys have a better chance of winning this game.
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#36 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Forget TO, Witten is the real threat, he needs to be covered better.
mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mastershake575
Member since 2007 • 8574 Posts
i just got my tickets yesterday this is going to be a great game of course im predicting the cowboys to win but i would hardly be suprised if the giants won
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Just_Osmo
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts
Depends on how tony's thumb and to's ankle are. No TO = G-Men win. Thumb irritation = G-Men win.
soal206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 soal206
Member since 2007 • 249 Posts
i say giants win if giants play like they did gainst patriots and if tony homo is to distracted from jessica. i think its gone be a good game tho.
FuzionZX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 FuzionZX
Member since 2007 • 121 Posts

[QUOTE="atlflcns7_2004"]I hate the Giants and Eli. Eli has to be the worst quarterback in the league. Ill give him credit this week in the Wild Card game and against the Pats, but his season overall was awful. If they didn't have Brandon Jacobs to open up the passing game, they wouldn't even be in the playoffs. So in that case, LETS GO ROMO!!!dcowboys3315

how can u say mannings the worst qb in the league? after looking at some teams this year, im sure that they would love to have manning on their team. im sure he'll keep getting better. and this is coming from a cowboys fan.

the worst qb award goes to David Carr :lol:

I think the Cowboys will win this one. They know how to beat the Giants. They went 2-0 in the regular season against them.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Just_Osmo
[QUOTE="dcowboys3315"]

[QUOTE="atlflcns7_2004"]I hate the Giants and Eli. Eli has to be the worst quarterback in the league. Ill give him credit this week in the Wild Card game and against the Pats, but his season overall was awful. If they didn't have Brandon Jacobs to open up the passing game, they wouldn't even be in the playoffs. So in that case, LETS GO ROMO!!!FuzionZX

I think the Cowboys will win this one. They know how to beat the Giants. They went 2-0 in the regular season against them.

Yah but the Giants are road beasts.

FuzionZX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FuzionZX
[QUOTE="FuzionZX"][QUOTE="dcowboys3315"]

[QUOTE="atlflcns7_2004"]I hate the Giants and Eli. Eli has to be the worst quarterback in the league. Ill give him credit this week in the Wild Card game and against the Pats, but his season overall was awful. If they didn't have Brandon Jacobs to open up the passing game, they wouldn't even be in the playoffs. So in that case, LETS GO ROMO!!!Just_Osmo

Yeah 7-1 is a great road record, but that one loss came against the cowboys. The cowboys have shown they can beat them in Texas Stadium and Giants Stadium. They know how to beat the Giants.

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="FuzionZX"][QUOTE="dcowboys3315"]

[QUOTE="atlflcns7_2004"]I hate the Giants and Eli. Eli has to be the worst quarterback in the league. Ill give him credit this week in the Wild Card game and against the Pats, but his season overall was awful. If they didn't have Brandon Jacobs to open up the passing game, they wouldn't even be in the playoffs. So in that case, LETS GO ROMO!!!FuzionZX

Yeah 7-1 is a great road record, but that one loss came against the cowboys. The cowboys have shown they can beat them in Texas Stadium and Giants Stadium. They know how to beat the Giants.

Again, problem lies with Romo and Owens, espcecially Owens. If he doesn't play...I think this one will be close.

FuzionZX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 FuzionZX
[QUOTE="FuzionZX"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="FuzionZX"][QUOTE="dcowboys3315"]

[QUOTE="atlflcns7_2004"]I hate the Giants and Eli. Eli has to be the worst quarterback in the league. Ill give him credit this week in the Wild Card game and against the Pats, but his season overall was awful. If they didn't have Brandon Jacobs to open up the passing game, they wouldn't even be in the playoffs. So in that case, LETS GO ROMO!!!dkhw

Again, problem lies with Romo and Owens, espcecially Owens. If he doesn't play...I think this one will be close.

Owens practiced in full stride thursday, showing only a slight limp when walking or jogging. If owens is gutting it out in practice, he will definately gut it out this sunday. I think the only problem lies with Romo. It just depends where his mind is.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Just_Osmo
[QUOTE="dkhw"][QUOTE="FuzionZX"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="FuzionZX"][QUOTE="dcowboys3315"]

Owens practiced in full stride thursday, showing only a slight limp when walking or jogging. If owens is gutting it out in practice, he will definately gut it out this sunday. I think the only problem lies with Romo. It just depends where his mind is.

Practice and a real game are different. If that ankle isn't ready he may injure it even more in this game. It's lose lose for them. Don't play him and lose your screwed. Play him and win but injure him more you lose the next week.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 manningbowl135
Does anyone else think a slight limp is not exactly full speed?
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Just_Osmo

Does anyone else think a slight limp is not exactly full speed?manningbowl135

Exactly what I've been saying. In the other thread some boy's fan told me to get my facts straight when I said Romo's thumb and TO's ankle are questionable.

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#48 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts

Too good a game for us Giants fans to not bring these posts back up. :)