EA Sports or 2K?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nucksfan_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 nucksfan_16
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Which franchise do you think is better, and why? I personally like EA Sports' games better because of the graphics, attention to detail, and easy-to-master controls.
GD-1369211121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 GD-1369211121
Member since 2006 • 4087 Posts

I am split between the two,I love 2K's basketball games but the baseball games are just flat out terrible... and i love playing madden and tiger woods so im undecided

cLAssic_BLUE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 cLAssic_BLUE
Member since 2007 • 599 Posts
dont force yourself to like all EA sport games. 2k easily has the best basketball franchise dating back to nba 2k on dreamcast. likewise EA makes maddenand ncaa football, which i like.
tmac200913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 tmac200913
Member since 2006 • 16647 Posts
I like EA Sports better but 2K makes better Basketball games for sure
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#5 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

I like EA Sports better but 2K makes better Basketball games for suretmac200913

Yeah, that's the same for me. I will say though that I have liked Live more up until 07 when the gameplay was PURE junk! 06 was fun on 360 there just wasn't a whole lot to do. NBA 2K7 and 8 have been solid though for sure. NHL 08 blew 2k8 out of the water and MVP 05 is the best pro baseball game still.

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts

2k football with the license and 2k basketball > any NBA Live or Madden

EA's Fight Night and NHL games > other 2k sports games

btw I just bought madden 09 and i'll be playing it pretty soon, I bought it because I was impressed by what I have played on the short demo. it looks a lot better then the past maddens that's for sure

ASRCSR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 ASRCSR
Member since 2008 • 2793 Posts

I'm split

2K: Baseball, Basketball

I know what your saying 2K baseball sucks but really i like the gameplay.

EA: Madden, Fight Night, NHL

coughing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 coughing
Member since 2006 • 189 Posts

2k anyday.

I only play soccer/football sims and fifa is wayyyy behind pro evo in terms of gameplay.

and i dont like the ea company that much in general.

CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts
2K was easily the best until a few years ago. I'm not sure overall who's better because I only really care about hockey lol, but EA has clearly taken over as the better hockey game for now.
blackngold29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 blackngold29
Member since 2004 • 14137 Posts
2K, no contest.
Avatar image for baseballboy6411
baseballboy6411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#11 baseballboy6411
Member since 2007 • 1103 Posts

Split:

2K: B-Ball and Baseball

EA: Madden

skp_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 skp_16
Member since 2005 • 3854 Posts

2K for basketball

EA for all other sports

Travis350z28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Travis350z28
Member since 2008 • 221 Posts
I like both i just wish 2k could still make nfl first person football game again.
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nickdastick

btw I just bought madden 09 and i'll be playing it pretty soon, I bought it because I was impressed by what I have played on the short demo. it looks a lot better then the past maddens that's for sure

andyboiii

You got it already!?!? That's cold! Put up your thoughts on it. I was really impressed with the demo as well and can't wait to get the real game Tuesday 12:01 AM. Can't wait to try out the online leagues!!!

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 andyboiii
[QUOTE="andyboiii"]

nickdastick

You got it already!?!? That's cold! Put up your thoughts on it. I was really impressed with the demo as well and can't wait to get the real game Tuesday 12:01 AM. Can't wait to try out the online leagues!!!

dude first off let me just say I used to be one of the biggest 2k fanboys and I admit I still am, but after playing madden 09 I can easily say this is the best Madden since Madden 05 which was the last great madden IMO. i'll be surprised if this doesn't get at least a 9.0 from gamespot. This years game focuses more on defense which is a great thing. The running physics feels a lot better then past years. Most importantly the game feels a lot more realistic then some of the past maddens. Running the ball is not so easy, and it is not so easy to break off a long run but I do like the challenge it gives you. Overall I give this game an A and coming from me that's saying a lot

DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts

EA sports all the way for me. NHL 08 is awesome and I can't wait for NHL 09. Madden is pretty good too.

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nickdastick
[QUOTE="nickdastick"][QUOTE="andyboiii"]

andyboiii

dude first off let me just say I used to be one of the biggest 2k fanboys and I admit I still am, but after playing madden 09 I can easily say this is the best Madden since Madden 05 which was the last great madden IMO. i'll be surprised if this doesn't get at least a 9.0 from gamespot. This years game focuses more on defense which is a great thing. The running physics feels a lot better then past years. Most importantly the game feels a lot more realistic then some of the past maddens. Running the ball is not so easy, and it is not so easy to break off a long run but I do like the challenge it gives you. Overall I give this game an A and coming from me that's saying a lot

That's why I was surprised to read that you liked the demo since I know you're a pretty big fan of 2K. That's why I wanted to hear your thoughts on it since you have it. Now I'm extra pumped to play the full game! I will say I think the best Madden is the 05 version (I haven't played 09 yet) as well since it had everything you would want in a football game (up to that point). I can't wait to play!

Avatar image for ChrisSpartan117
ChrisSpartan117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ChrisSpartan117
Member since 2008 • 4519 Posts

NBA 2K can never be beat. It's the only 2K franchise where Visual Concepts is the sole dev working on it, and it shows.

Madden is getting there. Haven't played 09, but 07 on the 360 was TERRIBLE, but I would give 08 an 8.5.

ChrisSpartan117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ChrisSpartan117
[QUOTE="nickdastick"][QUOTE="andyboiii"]

andyboiii

How's the presentation?
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 andyboiii

How's the presentation?ChrisSpartan117

presentation wise it is fabulous. There is nothing that much different from last year though, The commentary is great. chris collensworth does a great job and is actually very useful if you listen to him

N0-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 N0-
Member since 2008 • 308 Posts
lol 2k for football i still think nfl 2k5 is better than madden 2008
ChrisSpartan117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ChrisSpartan117

[QUOTE="ChrisSpartan117"]How's the presentation?andyboiii

presentation wise it is fabulous. There is nothing that much different from last year though, The commentary is great. chris collensworth does a great job and is actually very useful if you listen to him

Thank you for the response.