Ducks Win The Cup!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JRoss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 JRoss17
Member since 2005 • 5915 Posts

The Anaheim Ducks beat the Ottawa Senators 6-2 tonight to win their franchise's first ever stanley cup! Its GREAT TO BE A DUCKS FAN WOOOOHOOOOO

hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 hockey73
Member since 2005 • 8281 Posts

Yeah, The Sens played awful and the Ducks like usual played aggressive and made good on all there oppurtunities. I heard Selanne might retire after this.

Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#3 Los9090
Member since 2004 • 7288 Posts
This could have been Giiguere's last game as a Duck.
CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts
Congrats to the Ducks, but I hope the Cup moves up north about 400 miles next year.
ForsbergFan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ForsbergFan21
Member since 2003 • 2908 Posts

I like Selanne and I'm glad that he finally won the Stanley Cup that he deserves.   Anyways, before the series started, I really thought Ottawa was going to win it.   I'm not sure what happened but Ottawas defense just collapsed.   On paper, they have the most talented defensive core.

JRoss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 JRoss17
Member since 2005 • 5915 Posts
I think they will re-sign Giguere and Selanne and trade Bryzgalov. Thats just my own opinion.
CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts

I think they will re-sign Giguere and Selanne and trade Bryzgalov. Thats just my own opinion.JRoss17

I'm really thinking that Selanne will retire. 

DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 DSgamer64
Member since 2007 • 4449 Posts

Congrats to the Ducks, I am a Canuck and a diehard Leafs fan but even I knew that the Senators were crap compared to Anaheim. Here is a little something for all the Sens fans out there on GS Forums:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67Sy_2dzf9Y

DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DSgamer64

I think they will re-sign Giguere and Selanne and trade Bryzgalov. Thats just my own opinion.JRoss17

Word is that he is being eyed by a few teams, including GM John Ferguson of the Toronto Maple Leafs. I am sure Giguere wont turn down the offer to play in Toronto if he gets offered the right coin. Toronto is on the hunt for a good unrestricted free agent goalie and Giguere is no doubt going to be one of the most wanted goalies in the league.

DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DSgamer64

I like Selanne and I'm glad that he finally won the Stanley Cup that he deserves.   Anyways, before the series started, I really thought Ottawa was going to win it.   I'm not sure what happened but Ottawas defense just collapsed.   On paper, they have the most talented defensive core.

ForsbergFan21

Doesnt matter on paper, if the team cant play well together and they make far too many mistakes, then they are going to lose. One thing that killed Ottawa this series was the number of turn overs they made in their own zone, and incidently that was one of the factors that cost them the Cup. They are a good team but highly overrated imo, I mean they got blanked 6-0 by Toronto early in the season with a goalie who is pretty damn good, actually both of Ottawa's goalies are really solid and much better then Toronto's.

Riley767

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Riley767
Member since 2007 • 1687 Posts
yep indeed the ducks win it all!
KaptainKorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KaptainKorn
Member since 2005 • 673 Posts
Great job, Ducks. Live it up now, because Sid and the Pens are poised to take it next season! :twisted:
djdice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 djdice
Member since 2002 • 83 Posts
DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DSgamer64

Great job, Ducks. Live it up now, because Sid and the Pens are poised to take it next season! :twisted:KaptainKorn

:lol: You mean Crosby and all the old guys on his team? Seriously, Pittsburgh was supposed to win the Cup or should have made it to their conference final, but they didnt get very far in the playoffs because they have far too many dinosaur players on the team and they couldnt perform. The thing is that they got beaten by an inferior team as well.

StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 StarFoxCOM
Member since 2006 • 5605 Posts
Very strange they used to be called the mighty ducks and never won a Cup then after they change there names to aniham ducks the win
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts

The Anaheim Ducks beat the Ottawa Senators 6-2 tonight to win their franchise's first ever stanley cup! Its GREAT TO BE A DUCKS FAN WOOOOHOOOOO

JRoss17
I'm not a Ducks' fan, but this is great for So Cal (and West Coast) hockey.  As a Kings fan, I don't have much to look forward to, but hopefully this will force my Kings to get competitive.
Boocian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Boocian
Member since 2006 • 256 Posts
As a follower of the sens (only because it the hometown team btw not my favourite team) I am proud that I publicly laughed at all the Sens fans when the Ducks won. Everybody gave me a strange look when the ducks scored, and then laughing at all of them when the Ducks won makes my day. Duck deserved to win they shutdown Ottawa very well
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts
As a follower of the sens (only because it the hometown team btw not my favourite team) I am proud that I publicly laughed at all the Sens fans when the Ducks won. Everybody gave me a strange look when the ducks scored, and then laughing at all of them when the Ducks won makes my day. Duck deserved to win they shutdown Ottawa very wellBoocian
You live in Ottawa, yet you get joy from watching your hometown team lose?  I don't get it.  Like I said before, I'm no Ducks fan, but they're local, so I still like to see them do well.  Why hate your hometown team so much?
Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Los9090

As a follower of the sens (only because it the hometown team btw not my favourite team) I am proud that I publicly laughed at all the Sens fans when the Ducks won. Everybody gave me a strange look when the ducks scored, and then laughing at all of them when the Ducks won makes my day. Duck deserved to win they shutdown Ottawa very wellBoocian

Wow, you're that guy huh? 

pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 pundog
Member since 2006 • 4491 Posts

In other news the RCMP is still searching for the Ottawa Senators hockey club, which went missing sometime in late may. The police were notified when the Sens failed to show up for their Stanley Cup finals series with the Anahiem Ducks.

pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 pundog
Member since 2006 • 4491 Posts

[QUOTE="KaptainKorn"]Great job, Ducks. Live it up now, because Sid and the Pens are poised to take it next season! :twisted:DSgamer64

:lol: You mean Crosby and all the old guys on his team? Seriously, Pittsburgh was supposed to win the Cup or should have made it to their conference final, but they didnt get very far in the playoffs because they have far too many dinosaur players on the team and they couldnt perform. The thing is that they got beaten by an inferior team as well.

Do you even watch hockey? The top 5 players on the Pengiuns are Crosby, Stall, Fleury, Malkin and Roberts. Roberts is the only guy in that list over 25. The penguins lost because of inexperience, the team is made up of rookies, a couple of past their prime stars and journeymen. They weren't even expected to make the playoffs, let alone make the conference final.
ForsbergFan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ForsbergFan21
Member since 2003 • 2908 Posts

[QUOTE="Boocian"]As a follower of the sens (only because it the hometown team btw not my favourite team) I am proud that I publicly laughed at all the Sens fans when the Ducks won. Everybody gave me a strange look when the ducks scored, and then laughing at all of them when the Ducks won makes my day. Duck deserved to win they shutdown Ottawa very wellmurlow12
You live in Ottawa, yet you get joy from watching your hometown team lose? I don't get it. Like I said before, I'm no Ducks fan, but they're local, so I still like to see them do well. Why hate your hometown team so much?

I live in Toronto and I enjoy seeing the Leafs lose. I hate the leafs and I think I only hate them because of the fans. Most of them are ignorant and obnoxious and they are always with that stupid "Go Leafs Go" crap. Man, you don't even how happy I was when Colorado beat the Leafs 4-1 during the regular season.

Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Los9090

[QUOTE="murlow12"][QUOTE="Boocian"]As a follower of the sens (only because it the hometown team btw not my favourite team) I am proud that I publicly laughed at all the Sens fans when the Ducks won. Everybody gave me a strange look when the ducks scored, and then laughing at all of them when the Ducks won makes my day. Duck deserved to win they shutdown Ottawa very wellForsbergFan21

You live in Ottawa, yet you get joy from watching your hometown team lose? I don't get it. Like I said before, I'm no Ducks fan, but they're local, so I still like to see them do well. Why hate your hometown team so much?

I live in Toronto and I enjoy seeing the Leafs lose. I hate the leafs and I think I only hate them because of the fans. Most of them are ignorant and obnoxious and they are always with that stupid "Go Leafs Go" crap. Man, you don't even how happy I was when Colorado beat the Leafs 4-1 during the regular season.

Very interesting, but every team is going to have ignorant and obnoxious fans. You need those people!

juicetino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#25 juicetino
Member since 2005 • 17873 Posts
Nobody cares about the Ducks