Cowboys Eagles

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Just_Osmo
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts
Seems like the Boy's might get another loss. This is the 2nd game in a row they looked horrible.
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts
I blame it on Garett. Never ran the ball at all in the 2nd half. They just threw it everytime, and the Eagles knew that everytime. Really bad play calling today, and Romo played crappy too...not sure why Garett didn't figure out that a running game might help him out a bit, just a bit.
zarfbloot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 zarfbloot
Member since 2004 • 4557 Posts

Jesus christ our offence can't click at all, on top of that we got some key injuries in this game, and were losing to a horrible team...wtf.

Oh well, even Ali, Tiger, and Jordan have lost too...:P

CrimzonTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 CrimzonTide
Member since 2007 • 12187 Posts
Wow. Brilliant move by Westbrook to fall down at the 1. Very unselfish.
schox5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5 schox5
Member since 2005 • 971 Posts

Wow. Brilliant move by Westbrook to fall down at the 1. Very unselfish.CrimzonTide

I am pissed because now I'm gonna lose my fantasy game. But it was a smart move...

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts
Cowboys better finda way to win their next 2 games (on the road); they don't want to be playing any playoff gamesin Lambeau.
Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts

Wow. Brilliant move by Westbrook to fall down at the 1. Very unselfish.CrimzonTide

It let the Eagles win without having to give the ball back to Dallas. Very smart.

zarfbloot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 zarfbloot

I agree, very classy by him. One more reason why he is the few players I will like even though he doesn't play on the Cowboys.

Bauers-Twin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bauers-Twin
Member since 2007 • 14150 Posts

E-A-G-L-E-S!

and they are not a horrible team like the guy up there siad. They lost there past three games to playoff teams by low scores. They almost beat the Pats. The sad truth is, if the eagles had a good Quarterback they'd be good.

KingOfKonging

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KingOfKonging
Member since 2007 • 1233 Posts

Romo looked horrendous, absolutely terrible.

His thumb must be bothering him because he had absolutely no placement.

OneWingedAngeI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 OneWingedAngeI
Member since 2003 • 9448 Posts
the whole team never clicked from the get go. really a shame i hope we can bounce back. some bad injuries today.
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Just_Osmo

KingOfKonging

He had 5 Int in one game when he wasn't injured. He's just not as good a QB as everyone makes him out to be.

KingOfKonging

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KingOfKonging
[QUOTE="KingOfKonging"]

Just_Osmo

He had 5 Int in one game when he wasn't injured. He's just not as good a QB as everyone makes him out to be.

And Manning had 6 in one game earlier this year, uninjured. Even the greats have their off days.

He just didn't look like his usual self, he was under throwing and over throwing as if he had absolutely no control.

But I do agree, he isn't nearly as great as either Brady or Manning.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Just_Osmo
PS: I can't wait to see if T.O. has a hissy fit over the loss by saying he isn't being used properly.
KingOfKonging

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KingOfKonging

Hopefully.

THe more problems for Dallas the better.

oo769er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 oo769er
Member since 2003 • 2539 Posts
Jessica Simpson must be bad luck. :lol:
N15PCA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 N15PCA
Member since 2006 • 261 Posts

Cowboys better finda way to win their next 2 games (on the road); they don't want to be playing any playoff gamesin Lambeau.limpbizkit818

If they play like they did to today they won't get to the NFC champ. game. I just hope Dallas can win the next two games. It dosen't look like Green Bay is going to lose in the next two weeks.

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#18 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts

Jessica Simpson must be bad luck. :lol: oo769er

Maybe she's a Packers fan and has jinxed Romo just like she did with her own career.

antonius05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#19 antonius05
Member since 2005 • 849 Posts
I haven't seen Romo like this ever..... I guess everyone is in for a bad game but... wow....
Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts

I haven't seen Romo like this ever..... I guess everyone is in for a bad game but... wow.... antonius05

Well he did have a 5 INT game last year. Thing that in my mind makes him look really bad in this case is that the game was indoors. Its not like he was out in Foxboro, Buffalo, or Pittsburgh where the conditions were bad.

antonius05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 antonius05

[QUOTE="antonius05"]I haven't seen Romo like this ever..... I guess everyone is in for a bad game but... wow.... Cube_of_MooN

Well he did have a 5 INT game last year. Thing that in my mind makes him look really bad in this case is that the game was indoors. Its not like he was out in Foxboro, Buffalo, or Pittsburgh where the conditions were bad.

Yeah I can understand completing 40% of your passes in Cleveland today like Andersen did... but indoors has no excuse. I guess the Eagles just caught him off guard today.
CrimzonTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 CrimzonTide
I am pissed because now I'm gonna lose my fantasy game. But it was a smart move... schox5
I won without the touchdown, I'm fine with it. :D As long as AP doesn't go off for 35 or so. :x
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mrgab

[QUOTE="antonius05"]I haven't seen Romo like this ever..... I guess everyone is in for a bad game but... wow.... Cube_of_MooN

Not last year, this season in week 5 vs Buffalo.

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts

Yes:D

As an Eagles fan, I could care less what we do in the last two games. Beating Dallas is the best Christmas present ever:D

mvphalo8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26 mvphalo8
Member since 2005 • 10748 Posts
Hopefully Dallas plays the same way against Carolina, but I doubt it.:D
Second_Rook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 Second_Rook
Member since 2007 • 3680 Posts

McNabb. 4th and 26. McNabb.

The guy is a nightmare.

antonius05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 antonius05

I was really impressed the way Donovan came back from his injury. His time in Philly might be extended if he plays like that.

d12malu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 d12malu
Member since 2002 • 1023 Posts

Lets just say, Romo probably had a busy night and still had his head in the clouds during gametime. I consider this a good loss. Good to get a bad game out of the way now, rather than later. Brings Romo and the Boys back to earth and makes Garrett and Phillips double-check their work.

They'll realize their mistakes (like abandoning the running game, force-feeding TO, too predictable) and have them ready next week.

antonius05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 antonius05
Is it just me or did anyone else notice him acting more serious since the beginning of the game? Trying to impress Jessia I bet... I know I would be trying to impress her... but I don't exactly think that 3 interceptions is "impressive".
zarfbloot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 zarfbloot
NFL Suspends Williams One Game For Horse-Collar

Cowboys safety Roy Williams has been suspended one game without pay for Sunday's illegal horse-collar tackle on Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb. Williams will be sidelined for Saturday's game at Carolina.

NFL Director of Football Operations Gene Washington issued the suspension.

Sunday's game marked the fourth violation of the horse-collar rule in the past two seasons.

-------------------------------------

BS it's football your going to get hit, if they don't like it just put flags around their waste and call it the PFL

CrimzonTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 CrimzonTide
zarfbloot
A game was a bit harsh, I was expecting a game check fine. But, it was the QB I suppose.
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mrgab

A game was a bit harsh, I was expecting a game check fine. But, it was the QB I suppose.CrimzonTide

4 time repeat offender. Game suspension sounds about right.

F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 F1Lengend
Member since 2005 • 7909 Posts
Good he sucks ass.
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 manningbowl135
Member since 2006 • 7457 Posts

Cowboys safety Roy Williams has been suspended one game without pay for Sunday's illegal horse-collar tackle on Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb. Williams will be sidelined for Saturday's game at Carolina.

Sunday's game marked the fourth violation of the horse-collar rule in the past two seasons.

BS it's football your going to get hit, if they don't like it just put flags around their waste and call it the PFL

zarfbloot

It's an illegal hit for good reasons. A hit that consisntently causes serious injuries should not be in the game. stepping on a guy's legs with spikes is illegal b/c it's unsportsmanlike and it's also dangerous. Just b/c you're expected to be hit doesn't mean you can hit them by illegal methods.

And good for the NFL. Maybe finally this bad safety will stop using this. Although I don't see him doing it. He can't cover for crap anyways and now you take away his tackles and he becomes useless.

IMO he's been a bad safety for awhile. And to think Ed Reed went like 20 picks after him.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Just_Osmo

zarfbloot

You really would like this not to be illegal? How about head first hits? The rule is there because those take downs injure players. Would you REALLY be happy if your team was the one being horse collared and injuring your QB?

The reason he was suspended is because HE IS THE REASON THEY MADE THE RULE! He has done it 4 times in 2 season. He was warned repeatedly. He broke the rules and should be suspended like he was.

Football may be a physical sport, but we need rules to prevent the widespread injurys that would be rampid if it was a no rules blood sport.

PS: A Horse Collar is not a hit like you said. It's grabbing a player by the back of the neck (on the pads) and pulling them down backwards. Thats VERY dangerous.

h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 h575309
Member since 2005 • 8551 Posts
Look, dont get down on the Cowboys performance this week. They werent playing for a whole lot, Romo was hurt for most of the game and they got in a rut. They know next week they need to win. And theyre playing a lowly Carolina team with no offense. If Dallas can play some solid defense like last week, there should be nothing to worry about. Romo will be fine, he is a warrior. If Green Bay ends up losing this week and Dallas wins, they need to rest Romo so his hand is ready for the playoffs. This games in December need to be won, but Id rather not have home field throught the playoffs then go out in the second round to the Giants. Do not want to face them again because they always play hard for the Boys. Anyway, I think Barber will have a big game on Saturday with 2 TD's and Romo will find a decent groove. They should go back to the running game more because Barber is a playmaker. Anyway, on another topic, I hate these NFL network games....
Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Innovazero2000
Member since 2006 • 3159 Posts

Lets just say, Romo probably had a busy night and still had his head in the clouds during gametime. I consider this a good loss. Good to get a bad game out of the way now, rather than later. Brings Romo and the Boys back to earth and makes Garrett and Phillips double-check their work.

They'll realize their mistakes (like abandoning the running game, force-feeding TO, too predictable) and have them ready next week.

d12malu

Thats two weeks in a row they've played below average though, kind of concerning when in december with all that talent.

Notto mention they are going on the road in their last two games, against two teams fighting for the playoffs, and one is a rival. Be interesting to see how they bounce back.

I really don't think Dallas wants to face a healthy GB in Lambeau...