Chiefs QB Controversy can be easily solved...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cj2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cj2121
Member since 2004 • 341 Posts

And the solution is Casey Printers.

Printers should get the start over both Huard and Croyle. He was the CFL MOP in 2004(Most outstanding Player [why it couldn't have just been MVP, I'll never know]). So he has profesional expience and ended being the best in all of the CFL.

Now you might be thinking, well it's just the CFL. Here two previous winners of CFL MOP:

Warren Moon - Played from1978 to 1983 (CFL MOP 1983)
Doug Fluitie - Played from 1990-1997 (6 time CFL MOP from1991-1997)

Other players who have had success in CFL and NFL:

Joe Theisman- Played from 1971-1973(He was drafted by the NFL dolphins and the MLB Twins but made the choice to join the CFL Argonauts.)
Jeff Garcia- Played from 1994-1998(won Grey cup MVP in 1998.)

Now I only mentioned QB's that have done well because that is what helps my point. Anyway, Casey Printers is a young (26) mobile QB that has a impressive arm. This game shows a portion of what he is capable of. I say start him next Pre-season game let him get a taste for starting NFL defense's.

P.S.

The most recent Pre-season game against the Miami Dolphins Casey Printers went 8/10 and passed for 122 yards and ran 2 times for 17 yards.

http://www.nfl.com/players/caseyprinters/profile?id=PRI600453

(those are his pre-season stats so far)

[sorry for any spelling or grammatical errors, I'm all up for a good debate but I'm just about to go to bed so when I get back on I'll respond to everything I can]

The_Zoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 The_Zoid
Member since 2006 • 59984 Posts
I hope the Chiefs choose the right one, I don't want another one and done season in the playoffs.
PatsFanVince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#3 PatsFanVince
Member since 2006 • 290 Posts
But you have to consider hes going up against 2nd team and 3rd team defenses some of those players won't even make there team. Lets see how he does against the starters.
cj2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 cj2121
But you have to consider hes going up against 2nd team and 3rd team defenses some of those players won't even make there team. Lets see how he does against the starters.PatsFanVince
I agree and I said he should get the start in the next pre-season game to get a taste for the starting defense's of NFL teams.
nbprince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 nbprince
Member since 2003 • 579 Posts

That wouldn't solve anything, why do you think he is a 3rd string quaterback. He makes way too many mistakes and is inconsistent. He has a good arm but this the nfl a lot of people do. Croyle and Huard are competing for the starting job for a reason... they didn't draw there names out of a hat. In training camp (hard knocks: chiefs traning camp HBO) he makes a lot of mistakes so imagine what he would in real situations. Playing in the end of the 3rd and 4rth quater in a preseason game isn't a real situation. I'm not saying he is terrible its just that Huard and Croyle are better at this time.

Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts
I say give Huard the job at the start of the season and unless he struggles, he should be the quarterback for the rest of the season.
ChadFromCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 ChadFromCanada
Member since 2004 • 327 Posts
Casey Printers was a great QB. It's a shame that any time a player does well in the CFL the NFL comes calling and the player usually ends up playing in the NFL. We lose so many good players to the NFL.
valpojim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 valpojim
Member since 2002 • 108 Posts
Yep, I have to agree with ngamer05... try Huard first, then Croyle, then Printers as a last resort. I think all 3 can and will play well, but Huard is the best bet to start.Let's just hope we see improvements in more than just the QB position this year.
HumanTorch101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 HumanTorch101
Member since 2005 • 6006 Posts

Being from Kansas City, I would say let Brodie start and here is why. The other AFC West teams are all looking to go younger and they all have a quarterback who is either a young starter or someone who will become the starter in the near future. I know that this could result in a less-than stellar season but I would be willing to put up with it because it can only help us in the future. Casey Printers may have been a good player in the CFL but the NFL is way different and he has not shown me anything that would warrant him starting in this league forANY team, not just the Chiefs.

That is my two cents on this topic. I am going to be on Live for a while but I will check this out and respond to any people who make other comments/arguments against mine.

cj2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cj2121

Being from Kansas City, I would say let Brodie start and here is why. The other AFC West teams are all looking to go younger and they all have a quarterback who is either a young starter or someone who will become the starter in the near future. I know that this could result in a less-than stellar season but I would be willing to put up with it because it can only help us in the future. Casey Printers may have been a good player in the CFL but the NFL is way different and he has not shown me anything that would warrant him starting in this league forANY team, not just the Chiefs.

That is my two cents on this topic. I am going to be on Live for a while but I will check this out and respond to any people who make other comments/arguments against mine.

HumanTorch101

I know the Chiefs are giving Croyle as many chances to win the starting job as possible but he hasn't impressed so far. I say they need to let Huard start because they know he has shown he is able to win games with this team. If Croyle starts this season and does not do well off the bat the fans will crave for Huard(I will) and if Huard even does a little bit better Croyle is not getting another start for a long time. If they want to give Croyle playing time it has to be when they can't make the playoffs (god forbid)and the games mean nothing so he can get some good playing time. As for Casey Printers he has not beengiven a good enough look to either be written off or start. I know when I say let Printers start I'm living in my own little dream world but stranger things have happened. And the NFL and CFL are not "Way different"it is still football! This is like saying the stars from college can't perform on the NFL level because they are different.

CFL top plays from last year its still football.
cj2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cj2121
Yep, I have to agree with ngamer05... try Huard first, then Croyle, then Printers as a last resort. I think all 3 can and will play well, but Huard is the best bet to start.Let's just hope we see improvements in more than just the QB position this year. valpojim
I think that seems like the most realistic solution and the best. I was just getting fed up with just talk about Croyle and Huard and no mention of a talented player like Casey Printers. I guess as a Canadian and a huge chiefs fan I want to see someone do well who was in the CFL, but what ever helps the chiefs win games I'll be happy.
geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 geaux321
Member since 2003 • 19424 Posts

HumanTorch101

But Croyle does not have the talent as Rivers, Cutler, and Jamarcus Russell. Hmm, is it odd that 3 of the 4 are from the SEC, and Rivers was very close to sigining with Auburn. Anyways, I have watched Croyle a lot when he played at Alabama, and I was not impressed with him at all and was shocked to hear that he was competing for a starting job in the NFL.

MartinRiggs15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 MartinRiggs15
Member since 2004 • 614 Posts
Huard is a good quarterback, I think he should Start. I think Croyle is very good, but still young, so he can learn in the #2 spot. Printers isn't as much of a pocket QB, which suits the Chiefs game plan more right now, so he doesn't fit in as well. The last thing is Printers is very inconsistent, fumbling alot during the snap, much like Grossman does. He fumbled in the clutch in a pre-season game.
valpojim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 valpojim
Member since 2002 • 108 Posts

Yeah, the Grossman vs Griese fight for the starting spot is another good one. I think Griese is the better QB, buthopeGrossman has a good season after all the abuse he has taken. I like Griese too, but still a little upset he didn't follow in his dad's foot steps andgo to Purdue. Back to the Chiefs -do you think that any of the three KC QB's could lead the Chiefs to a Super Bowl in the next few years? Hardto say,but I sort of wish Green was traded a year earlier so the Chiefs might have had a chance at getting Brees. Maybe we could have had another Purdue QB lead us to a championship like Len Dawson did.

cj2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cj2121

Yeah, the Grossman vs Griese fight for the starting spot is another good one. I think Griese is the better QB, buthopeGrossman has a good season after all the abuse he has taken. I like Griese too, but still a little upset he didn't follow in his dad's foot steps andgo to Purdue. Back to the Chiefs -do you think that any of the three KC QB's could lead the Chiefs to a Super Bowl in the next few years? Hardto say,but I sort of wish Green was traded a year earlier so the Chiefs might have had a chance at getting Brees. Maybe we could have had another Purdue QB lead us to a championship like Len Dawson did.

valpojim

Q: Can Chiefs make it to Super Bowl/Playoffs

Short Answer: Maybe.

Long answer...
The Chiefs are not in rebuild mode which is good but they haven't made all the best moves this off-season (getting rid of green and Hall). The Chiefs seem to have a team that is going to need to act fast if they want to make playoffs or Super Bowl. They have an ever aging O-Line (Now without Will Shields), Tony G is in his 30's (still the best though), Ty Law and Patrick Surtain the starting CB's are also getting older and may have lost a step or two over the years. But its not all doom and gloom for the Chiefs they still have Larry Johnson and hopefully with Priest Holmes coming back he can help share the load or caries this season, they also are getting a much improved Defensive Line With Jared Allen(although I believe he is suspended the first two games), Tamba Hali, and hopefully Tank and Turk taking the starting DT positions it looks much better.

The Dick Vermeil era had the Kansas city Offense one of the best if not the best offense in the league but very much lacking in defense (practically non-existent). Once Herm Edwards took over the defense started to see some fast improvements with Patrick Surtainand kendrell Bell then next year Ty Law and Tamba Hali. Herm has vastly improved our (The Chiefs) defense but the offense is getting old. This team has a good chance a playoffs this year if they get a good performance from whoever they decide to be the starting Quarterback.

It's a tough road to the Super Bowl.