Carson Palmer to Raiders???

• 184 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 0

#51 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
Not a fair trade, but Oakland had to do it. What happens to Campbell now?
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts

he had good receivers I'll agree but this Raiders O-line is better and we have a better RB (McFadden) then any RB he's had in Cincy. teams are going to respect the run more which won't make him feel like he has to try and do it all force up passes he doesn't need to like he did in Cincyandyboiii

Cincy had 2 pro bowl WR's, 3 good RB's (2 pro bowlers), a pro bowl QB, and an o-line that got all those players to the pro bowl :?

You guys have McFadden, but he is just not that important in this NFL b/c RB's are not that important.
-if you think I am mistaken, please find the last great RB to lead a team to a super bowl...it has been a long, long time

The fact is that Palmer is just not that good after major leg and arm injuries.

i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 i5750at4Ghz
Member since 2010 • 5839 Posts
[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="andyboiii"] We will most likely get a 3rd and a 4th.

...that's not how those picks work :? They are based on salary differences and playoff success to name a few of the parts. Nnamdi actually has a lower salary and might not make the playoffs. You guys are not getting a 3rd and 4th "and the placement of the picks is determined by a proprietary formula based on the player's salary, playing time, and postseason honors with his new team, with salary being the primary factor." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_Draft#Compensatory_picks

I know exactly how it works. It honestly has more to do with the fact the Raiders haven't upgraded at all. Not what the players we lost have or haven't done.
Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts
Cause we didn't. QB is the most important position on the field. Palmer already knows the system, has a big arm, is smart, and works hard. What else could you want in a QB? If the raiders had some huge glaring holes to fill I would be pissed. But the team is young and skilled at every single position on the field. Our only weakness as of right now is QB. Doing anything we can to get one the knows the system and is willing to work hard is a great move. Again I point back to the Seymour trade, he completely changed the mindset of that Dline and now it's one of the best in the NFL. You can go back even farther, Rich Gannon was suppose to be a stupid trade 2 time mvp, trading for an old rice a stupid trade took us to 3 afc championship games. Trading for an old rod woodson, ronnie lott, plunkett ect. Laugh while you can, Carson is going to do big things in Oakland.i5750at4Ghz
You over paid for Palmer, that isn't even debatable. Rationalize however you wish. Oakland will win 2-4 more games this year
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 i5750at4Ghz
Not a fair trade, but Oakland had to do it. What happens to Campbell now?monkeytoes61
He only has one year on the contract, we most likely IR him and then don't pick him up again.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 rawsavon
[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"][QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="andyboiii"] We will most likely get a 3rd and a 4th.

...that's not how those picks work :? They are based on salary differences and playoff success to name a few of the parts. Nnamdi actually has a lower salary and might not make the playoffs. You guys are not getting a 3rd and 4th "and the placement of the picks is determined by a proprietary formula based on the player's salary, playing time, and postseason honors with his new team, with salary being the primary factor." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_Draft#Compensatory_picks

I know exactly how it works. It honestly has more to do with the fact the Raiders haven't upgraded at all. Not what the players we lost have or haven't done.

"with salary being the primary factor" ...see nnamdi you guys are not getting a 3rd and 4th :lol:
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 monkeytoes61

People need to learn the difference between fair trades and trades teams NEED to make. Of course this isn't fair value. But what are they supposed to do, roll with Boller or Garrard? No, they needed a QB. Yeah, the price is way too steep, but they really didn't have a choice. In case nobody noticed, Palmer had a solid year in 2010, and is coming to a great situation where they have a great running game and some weapons. I like this trade from both teams' perspectives.

i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 i5750at4Ghz
[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"] Cause we didn't. QB is the most important position on the field. Palmer already knows the system, has a big arm, is smart, and works hard. What else could you want in a QB? If the raiders had some huge glaring holes to fill I would be pissed. But the team is young and skilled at every single position on the field. Our only weakness as of right now is QB. Doing anything we can to get one the knows the system and is willing to work hard is a great move. Again I point back to the Seymour trade, he completely changed the mindset of that Dline and now it's one of the best in the NFL. You can go back even farther, Rich Gannon was suppose to be a stupid trade 2 time mvp, trading for an old rice a stupid trade took us to 3 afc championship games. Trading for an old rod woodson, ronnie lott, plunkett ect. Laugh while you can, Carson is going to do big things in Oakland.No_Hablo_Ingles
You over paid for Palmer, that isn't even debatable. Rationalize however you wish. Oakland will win 2-4 more games this year

I disagree. Would love to here your rebuttal. 2-4 more games my butt. KC = 2 easy wins Denver = win Chargers = 2 wins MIN = win MIA = win Thats 7 easy wins right there, even if we drop 2 of those we still make the playoffs.
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 i5750at4Ghz
[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"][QUOTE="rawsavon"] ...that's not how those picks work :? They are based on salary differences and playoff success to name a few of the parts. Nnamdi actually has a lower salary and might not make the playoffs. You guys are not getting a 3rd and 4th "and the placement of the picks is determined by a proprietary formula based on the player's salary, playing time, and postseason honors with his new team, with salary being the primary factor." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_Draft#Compensatory_picks

"with salary being the primary factor" ...see nnamdi you guys are not getting a 3rd and 4th :lol:

You do understand it's also based on the free agents the Raiders picked up at CB, which they haven't.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"] I disagree. Would love to here your rebuttal. 2-4 more games my butt. KC = 2 easy wins Denver = win Chargers = 2 wins MIN = win MIA = win Thats 7 easy wins right there, even if we drop 2 of those we still make the playoffs.

So you honestly believe you will go 6-0 in your division again :lol: There is no reason to argue with someone that delusional.
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 i5750at4Ghz
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"] I disagree. Would love to here your rebuttal. 2-4 more games my butt. KC = 2 easy wins Denver = win Chargers = 2 wins MIN = win MIA = win Thats 7 easy wins right there, even if we drop 2 of those we still make the playoffs.

So you honestly believe you will go 6-0 in your division again :lol: There is no reason to argue with someone that delusional.

Why wouldn't we? You keep acting my opinions without any reason given. Chargers are the only team in the division that offer us any real challenger. Denver and KC are bad teams, point blank period.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"] I disagree. Would love to here your rebuttal. 2-4 more games my butt. KC = 2 easy wins Denver = win Chargers = 2 wins MIN = win MIA = win Thats 7 easy wins right there, even if we drop 2 of those we still make the playoffs.

Why wouldn't we? You keep acting my opinions without any reason given. Chargers are the only team in the division that offer us any real challenger. Denver and KC are bad teams, point blank period.

They are division teams. That's where upsets happen. Teams know each other well. It happens all the time, the better team in the division loses to crappy teams. The Phins (terrible team) beat the Pats. The Titans and Texans beat the Colts with Manning The Browns beat the Steelers. The Giants beat the Eagles. etc. Division games are rarely easy. Calling them easy wins is delusional.
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 i5750at4Ghz
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"] So you honestly believe you will go 6-0 in your division again :lol: There is no reason to argue with someone that delusional.

They are division teams. That's where upsets happen. Teams know each other well. It happens all the time, the better team in the division loses to crappy teams. The Phins (terrible team) beat the Pats. The Titans and Texans beat the Colts with Manning The Browns beat the Steelers. The Giants beat the Eagles. etc. Division games are rarely easy. Calling them easy wins is delusional.

I'm sorry I just don't agree. I see no way in hell the KC or Dever beat us. The chargers could beat us, but as of late we have been destoring that oline and rivers isn't the same QB without time in the pocket. But thats why they play the games.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 No_Hablo_Ingles
Any given Sunday... When was the last time a team went 6-0 in their division back to back years?
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 i5750at4Ghz
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]Any given Sunday... When was the last time a team went 6-0 in their division back to back years?

No clue. When was the last time a division has ever been so weak as the AFC west. Don't think I'm dismissing your POV, it's just you have to look at the matchups. The raiders matchup very well against the teams in there division. They are all in the bottom half of the NFL in rush defense. You aren't beating the Raiders if you can't stop the run. And McFadden tears these teams apart.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 No_Hablo_Ingles
No clue. When was the last time a division has ever been so weak as the AFC west. .i5750at4Ghz
Basically every year in the NFC West...
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 i5750at4Ghz
[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"] No clue. When was the last time a division has ever been so weak as the AFC west. .No_Hablo_Ingles
Basically every year in the NFC West...

LOL too true, but they don't have a team to take advantage of that fact. Well maybe the 49ers now.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 rawsavon
[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"][QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"] I know exactly how it works. It honestly has more to do with the fact the Raiders haven't upgraded at all. Not what the players we lost have or haven't done.

You do understand it's also based on the free agents the Raiders picked up at CB, which they haven't.

I said that it was based on many factors and listed them, but that does nothing to change the 'primary factor' which is salary, which hurts you b/c he makes less now:? And if you go with FA acquisitions, that hurts your Miller argument (see Boss) :?
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 i5750at4Ghz
[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"][QUOTE="rawsavon"] "with salary being the primary factor" ...see nnamdi you guys are not getting a 3rd and 4th :lol:

I said that it was based on many factors and listed them, but that does nothing to change the 'primary factor' which is salary, which hurts you b/c he makes less now:? And if you go with FA acquisitions, that hurts your Miller argument (see Boss) :?

Both matter, clearlt. Nnamdi is still making a ton of money this year like 15 mil I think. Miller is also making a lot more than Boss, thats why I said 4th or 5th.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50541 Posts
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]Raider fans can't be so delusional to think this was a good trade... or at the very least, that they didn't give up too muchi5750at4Ghz
Cause we didn't. QB is the most important position on the field. Palmer already knows the system, has a big arm, is smart, and works hard. What else could you want in a QB? If the raiders had some huge glaring holes to fill I would be pissed. But the team is young and skilled at every single position on the field. Our only weakness as of right now is QB. Doing anything we can to get one the knows the system and is willing to work hard is a great move. Again I point back to the Seymour trade, he completely changed the mindset of that Dline and now it's one of the best in the NFL. You can go back even farther, Rich Gannon was suppose to be a stupid trade 2 time mvp, trading for an old rice a stupid trade took us to 3 afc championship games. Trading for an old rod woodson, ronnie lott, plunkett ect. Laugh while you can, Carson is going to do big things in Oakland.

Ok, but now Jason is as good as gone after this season and you wasted that trade. Teams won't offer much for him either. Why not try the season with what they had and then use those pics to get one of the good QBs coming in next year's draft?
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Chutebox
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"] Cause we didn't. QB is the most important position on the field. Palmer already knows the system, has a big arm, is smart, and works hard. What else could you want in a QB? If the raiders had some huge glaring holes to fill I would be pissed. But the team is young and skilled at every single position on the field. Our only weakness as of right now is QB. Doing anything we can to get one the knows the system and is willing to work hard is a great move. Again I point back to the Seymour trade, he completely changed the mindset of that Dline and now it's one of the best in the NFL. You can go back even farther, Rich Gannon was suppose to be a stupid trade 2 time mvp, trading for an old rice a stupid trade took us to 3 afc championship games. Trading for an old rod woodson, ronnie lott, plunkett ect. Laugh while you can, Carson is going to do big things in Oakland.i5750at4Ghz

I disagree. Would love to here your rebuttal. 2-4 more games my butt. KC = 2 easy wins Denver = win Chargers = 2 wins MIN = win MIA = win Thats 7 easy wins right there, even if we drop 2 of those we still make the playoffs.

Chargers are easy wins? lol. What is with Raider fans....
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 rawsavon
[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"] Both matter, clearlt. Nnamdi is still making a ton of money this year like 15 mil I think. Miller is also making a lot more than Boss, thats why I said 4th or 5th.

That's not what you said:
We will most likely get a 3rd and a 4th.i5750at4Ghz
3rd to a 5th is a huge difference Also, you are waaaaaay off on his Nnamdi's salary this year http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/nnamdi-asomugha/ 1 million base + 9 million bonus = 10 million This versus 3 year 45 million deal with the Raiders http://articles.sfgate.com/2009-02-20/sports/17190636_1_franchise-tag-nnamdi-asomugha-raiders-uniform The formula counts salary the most + post season success...strike out on both counts So you will get a very low pick based on not signing much. That's it, sorry. Also, the Zach Miller loss would have brought you a good pick b/c of the salary jump (even though Seattle won't do anything in the Post season). BUT You guys signed Boss to a huge deal http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/zach-miller/ http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/kevin-boss/ ...so sorry on that front as well (little salary difference at position + you guys have a better chance at post-season success)
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 No_Hablo_Ingles
Ah The Eagles have a chance to make noise in the playoff still! Anyway... reports say that Philly was offering the Raiders Vince Young.
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 i5750at4Ghz
[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]Raider fans can't be so delusional to think this was a good trade... or at the very least, that they didn't give up too muchChutebox
Cause we didn't. QB is the most important position on the field. Palmer already knows the system, has a big arm, is smart, and works hard. What else could you want in a QB? If the raiders had some huge glaring holes to fill I would be pissed. But the team is young and skilled at every single position on the field. Our only weakness as of right now is QB. Doing anything we can to get one the knows the system and is willing to work hard is a great move. Again I point back to the Seymour trade, he completely changed the mindset of that Dline and now it's one of the best in the NFL. You can go back even farther, Rich Gannon was suppose to be a stupid trade 2 time mvp, trading for an old rice a stupid trade took us to 3 afc championship games. Trading for an old rod woodson, ronnie lott, plunkett ect. Laugh while you can, Carson is going to do big things in Oakland.

Ok, but now Jason is as good as gone after this season and you wasted that trade. Teams won't offer much for him either. Why not try the season with what they had and then use those pics to get one of the good QBs coming in next year's draft?

Cause we just drafted a QB....
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Chutebox
[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"][QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"] Cause we didn't. QB is the most important position on the field. Palmer already knows the system, has a big arm, is smart, and works hard. What else could you want in a QB? If the raiders had some huge glaring holes to fill I would be pissed. But the team is young and skilled at every single position on the field. Our only weakness as of right now is QB. Doing anything we can to get one the knows the system and is willing to work hard is a great move. Again I point back to the Seymour trade, he completely changed the mindset of that Dline and now it's one of the best in the NFL. You can go back even farther, Rich Gannon was suppose to be a stupid trade 2 time mvp, trading for an old rice a stupid trade took us to 3 afc championship games. Trading for an old rod woodson, ronnie lott, plunkett ect. Laugh while you can, Carson is going to do big things in Oakland.

Who is going to suck hard.
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 i5750at4Ghz
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"] You over paid for Palmer, that isn't even debatable. Rationalize however you wish. Oakland will win 2-4 more games this year

Chargers are easy wins? lol. What is with Raider fans....

"...chargers could beat us, but as of late we have been destoring that oline and rivers isn't the same QB without time in the pocket. But thats why they play the games."
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 i5750at4Ghz
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"][QUOTE="Chutebox"] Ok, but now Jason is as good as gone after this season and you wasted that trade. Teams won't offer much for him either. Why not try the season with what they had and then use those pics to get one of the good QBs coming in next year's draft?

Who is going to suck hard.

You have no way of knowing that.
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 i5750at4Ghz
[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"] Both matter, clearlt. Nnamdi is still making a ton of money this year like 15 mil I think. Miller is also making a lot more than Boss, thats why I said 4th or 5th.

That's not what you said:
We will most likely get a 3rd and a 4th.i5750at4Ghz
3rd to a 5th is a huge difference Also, you are waaaaaay off on his Nnamdi's salary this year http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/nnamdi-asomugha/ 1 million base + 9 million bonus = 10 million This versus 3 year 45 million deal with the Raiders http://articles.sfgate.com/2009-02-20/sports/17190636_1_franchise-tag-nnamdi-asomugha-raiders-uniform The formula counts salary the most + post season success...strike out on both counts So you will get a very low pick based on not signing much. That's it, sorry. Also, the Zach Miller loss would have brought you a good pick b/c of the salary jump (even though Seattle won't do anything in the Post season). BUT You guys signed Boss to a huge deal http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/zach-miller/ http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/kevin-boss/ ...so sorry on that front as well (little salary difference at position + you guys have a better chance at post-season success)

Even still we will end up with 2 or 3 late round picks. Based on the last 5 years or so we will do just fine with those. Well maybe Al is gone none so things might not go as well without his eye for talent.
wornstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#79 wornstar
Member since 2006 • 486 Posts

In any case, Raiders draft next year is likely going to be a maalox affair.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 rawsavon
Ah The Eagles have a chance to make noise in the playoff still!No_Hablo_Ingles
those 3 corners and no LB's is working really well >_> Starting LB's have a combined 5 years of experience
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="rawsavon"] those 3 corners and no LB's is working really well >_> Starting LB's have a combined 5 years of experience

and? We certainly aren't out of it yet, thank goodness we aren't in the NFC North or NFC South. Our Defense just allowed 42 yards rushing, the lowest about in 4 years, and 12 of those were by the QB. I think our Defense is starting to gel together. Better we get the kinks out now. If we go to the Playoffs (I think we will, but bias here) and make a run at the SB, that 4 game losing streak will be the think that united us
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 rawsavon
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"] Our Defense just allowed 42 yards rushing, the lowest about in 4 years, and 12 of those were by the QB. I think our Defense is starting to gel together. Better we get the kinks out now. If we go to the Playoffs (I think we will, but bias here) and make a run at the SB, that 4 game losing streak will be the think that united us

You played the Redskins...the Redskins that benched their QB. Slow down a little on that praise Also, you guys almost let them come back and win a game they should never have been in We had this conversation a while back. I told you how unimportant DB's are in this NFL (with the rules the way they are). I am glad to see Philly just now caught on to what I was saying (Cro Mo was on the block) The eagles are severely flawed on D. Their QB is fragile. VY is the backup ...they aren't going anywhere. Though good luck paying all those corners :lol:
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 i5750at4Ghz

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"] Our Defense just allowed 42 yards rushing, the lowest about in 4 years, and 12 of those were by the QB. I think our Defense is starting to gel together. Better we get the kinks out now. If we go to the Playoffs (I think we will, but bias here) and make a run at the SB, that 4 game losing streak will be the think that united usrawsavon
You played the Redskins...the Redskins that benched their QB. Slow down a little on that praise Also, you guys almost let them come back and win a game they should never have been in We had this conversation a while back. I told you how unimportant DB's are in this NFL (with the rules the way they are). I am glad to see Philly just now caught on to what I was saying (Cro Mo was on the block) The eagles are severely flawed on D. Their QB is fragile. VY is the backup ...they aren't going anywhere. Though good luck paying all those corners :lol:

This is so true. The difference between an average db and an elite db has never been so small. The NFL is extremly offesive friendly right now.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Chutebox

[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"] Our Defense just allowed 42 yards rushing, the lowest about in 4 years, and 12 of those were by the QB. I think our Defense is starting to gel together. Better we get the kinks out now. If we go to the Playoffs (I think we will, but bias here) and make a run at the SB, that 4 game losing streak will be the think that united usi5750at4Ghz

This is so true. The difference between an average db and an elite db has never been so small. The NFL is extremly offesive friendly right now.

That's still putting it lightly...
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="rawsavon"] The Redskins that who were at the time leading the division and that benched QB wasn't benched till he played us (Deion Sanders also had the nerve to call Grossman the best QB in the NFC East that week) [QUOTE="rawsavon"] Slow down a little on that praise Also, you guys almost let them come back and win a game they should never have been in

What praise did I give their D? That they allowed the fewest amount of rushing yards in 4 years? That's a fact. That it seems like they are geling? Watching the game, that's what it looked like. The Defense noticed the screens, and flew to the ball. They didn't allow a receiver to catch the ball till late in the second. They didn't guard the TE that great, but that's fine.
We had this conversation a while back. I told you how unimportant DB's are in this NFL (with the rules the way they are). I am glad to see Philly just now caught on to what I was saying (Cro Mo was on the block) rawsavon
I heard nothing about DRC... I heard Asante, but whatever. The Eagles were listening to offers earlier this year for a cb. Them having a CB on the market has nothing to do with their struggle. [QUOTE="rawsavon"] The eagles are severely flawed on D. Their QB is fragile. VY is the backup ...they aren't going anywhere. Though good luck paying all those corners :lol:

Vick hasn't missed a game this year... calling Vick, who gets hit more than any other QB, fragile is simply wrong. I'll add this to my sign when I get the chance
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 monkeytoes61

I really think that the cliche that you "Build your team from the inside out" is the way to go. If I was rebuilding, I would make sure my lines are good before drafting/adding toys (QBs, WRs, RBs, etc) or playmakers (CBs, safeties, etc).

i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 i5750at4Ghz

I really think that the cliche that you "Build your team from the inside out" is the way to go. If I was rebuilding, I would make sure my lines are good before drafting/adding toys (QBs, WRs, RBs, etc) or playmakers (CBs, safeties, etc).

monkeytoes61
Same. I don't care how good you skill players are, without the big men up front to protect them they are worthless.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 rawsavon
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"] I'll add this to my sign when I get the chance

add what? ...though I would be careful, they will mod you for sig'ing people without permission But yes, Vick is fragile. He only played 1 full season and missed parts of over half the games this year. He is a tiny, tiny man playing with very large men. It is not his fault. It is just physics and biology. So the Eagles are: 1. paying corners a ton of money in a cap league...a position that make little difference in the game compared to QB, WR, O line, D line, LB's 2. their LB's are terrible and have 5 years experience...total (among the starters) 3. Their O line lets their QB get killed 4. their QB is fragile 5. they have beat the winless rams and the redskins ...they are one of the most flawed teams in the NFL I will say that I find it hilarious when normal people know what to do more than those in charge of a team. And if they didn't know from intelligence, they needed only to look at the recent 'Skins 'All Star' teams to see what not to do
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 No_Hablo_Ingles

add what? ...though I would be careful, they will mod you for sig'ing people without permissionrawsavon
Don't really care... at worse, I change the username.
But yes, Vick is fragile. He only played 1 full season and missed parts of over half the games this year. He is a tiny, tiny man playing with very large men. It is not his fault. It is just physics and biology.rawsavon
Are you really count the Redskins game where he got dirt in his eye and missed 2 plays? Vick has played 14-16 games basically every year as a starter. He has had 1 terrible injury against the Ravens in the Pre-Season.
So the Eagles are: 1. paying corners a ton of money in a cap league...a position that make little difference in the game compared to QB, WR, O line, D line, LB's (They have a QB, RB, WR, and a Dline. They somewhat have an Oline, but I wish it was better.) 2. their LB's are terrible and have 5 years experience...total (among the starters) 3. Their O line lets their QB get killed (Not last game. They used shorter drops, hopefully that will continue) 4. their QB is fragile (hasn't missed a game yet...) 5. they have beat the winless rams and the redskins ...they are one of the most flawed teams in the NFL I will say that I find it hilarious when normal people know what to do more than those in charge of a team. And if they didn't know from intelligence, they needed only to look at the recent 'Skins 'All Star' teams to see what not to dorawsavon

As far as being flawed, I agree with you, but I'd like to get... poetic here.

I read an article a while ago that when making a story, your main character should start out with 5 or more flaws. But at the end of the story all flaws should be resolved.

They are flawed, yet they haven't been beaten badly. Their loses are all close (ATL, Giants, SF, Bills. Bold is currently leading the Division) one score games.

ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 ChikaraShref
Member since 2011 • 4721 Posts
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"] Cause we didn't. QB is the most important position on the field. Palmer already knows the system, has a big arm, is smart, and works hard. What else could you want in a QB? If the raiders had some huge glaring holes to fill I would be pissed. But the team is young and skilled at every single position on the field. Our only weakness as of right now is QB. Doing anything we can to get one the knows the system and is willing to work hard is a great move. Again I point back to the Seymour trade, he completely changed the mindset of that Dline and now it's one of the best in the NFL. You can go back even farther, Rich Gannon was suppose to be a stupid trade 2 time mvp, trading for an old rice a stupid trade took us to 3 afc championship games. Trading for an old rod woodson, ronnie lott, plunkett ect. Laugh while you can, Carson is going to do big things in Oakland.i5750at4Ghz

this is just hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol:
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 i5750at4Ghz
[QUOTE="ChikaraShref"][QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"] You over paid for Palmer, that isn't even debatable. Rationalize however you wish. Oakland will win 2-4 more games this year

Explain which of those teams are better than the raiders and why.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 rawsavon

Don't really care... at worse, I change the username. No_Hablo_Ingles
doesn't matter...take it from me (and my experiences with blurayhidef)
Are you really count the Redskins game where he got dirt in his eye and missed 2 plays? Vick has played 14-16 games basically every year as a starter. He has had 1 terrible injury against the Ravens in the Pre-Season. No_Hablo_Ingles

you mean the 'skins game where he got another concussion???
...you buying that grass in the helmet line? He looked woozy and played terrible after that. Concussion or sucked...take your pick

Vick is fragile (you need to count games where he missed parts of them as well as they affect the team just the same...see VY INT)

As far as being flawed, I agree with you, but I'd like to get... poetic here.

I read an article a while ago that when making a story, your main character should start out with 5 or more flaws. But at the end of the story all flaws should be resolved.

They are flawed, yet they haven't been beaten badly. Their loses are all close (ATL, Giants, SF, Bills. Bold is currently leading the Division) one score games.

No_Hablo_Ingles

ROFL.
At this point, that is all any Eagle fan can do...get 'poetic'

Will use that in future sports discussion (character development...lol)

ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 ChikaraShref
Member since 2011 • 4721 Posts
[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"][QUOTE="ChikaraShref"][QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"] I disagree. Would love to here your rebuttal. 2-4 more games my butt. KC = 2 easy wins Denver = win Chargers = 2 wins MIN = win MIA = win Thats 7 easy wins right there, even if we drop 2 of those we still make the playoffs.

all of the above. they don't have an out of shape, overrated qb who joined the team in week 7 :lol:
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 rawsavon
The raiders have not beat anyone, but they are certainly capable of beating KC twice. Denver, Min with Ponder at QB, and Mia. I disagree about the Chargers being 2 wins...either 2 losses or a split
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 i5750at4Ghz
[QUOTE="ChikaraShref"][QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"][QUOTE="ChikaraShref"] this is just hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol:

all of the above. they don't have an out of shape, overrated qb who joined the team in week 7 :lol:

Yea you're that guy. At least have an actual point.
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 i5750at4Ghz
[QUOTE="rawsavon"]The raiders have not beat anyone, but they are certainly capable of beating KC twice. Denver, Min with Ponder at QB, and Mia. I disagree about the Chargers being 2 wins...either 2 losses or a split

I wouldn't call the Jets and Texans nobody.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 rawsavon
[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"][QUOTE="rawsavon"]The raiders have not beat anyone, but they are certainly capable of beating KC twice. Denver, Min with Ponder at QB, and Mia. I disagree about the Chargers being 2 wins...either 2 losses or a split

I wouldn't call the Jets and Texans nobody.

I would. The Texans never finish over .500 and the Jets suck this year. If not for two Romo gifts, they would be 2-4.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 No_Hablo_Ingles

you mean the 'skins game where he got another concussion???
...you buying that grass in the helmet line? He looked woozy and played terrible after that. Concussion or sucked...take your pick

Vick is fragile (you need to count games where he missed parts of them as well as they affect the team just the same...see VY INT) ROFL.

rawsavon

They tested him for a concussion and he passed. After he came back in he ran for 31 yards and played decent (we owned TOP throughout the game) I count those games. The concussion he suffered against the Falcons was a freak injury, and has nothing to do with his size. His bruised hand is a different matter, he simply didn't fall down correctly. We'll see. The division is certainly not out of reach, and we have 3 straight home games coming up. 3 very winnable games

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 rawsavon

[QUOTE="rawsavon"] you mean the 'skins game where he got another concussion???

Vick is fragile (you need to count games where he missed parts of them as well as they affect the team just the same...see VY INT) ROFL.

No_Hablo_Ingles

They tested him for a concussion and he passed. After he came back in he ran for 31 yards and played decent (we owned TOP throughout the game) I count those games. The concussion he suffered against the Falcons was a freak injury, and has nothing to do with his size. His bruised hand is a different matter, he simply didn't fall down correctly. We'll see. The division is certainly not out of reach, and we have 3 straight home games coming up. 3 very winnable games

If you want to believe that (about the concussion or lack there) and could not tell by the way he was acting/playing/walking that something was wrong, then more power to you.
-keep in mind that they come easier and easier the more you get them

But you sure have given a lot of excuses ITT for ALL HIS MANY injuries

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 No_Hablo_Ingles

If you want to believe that (about the concussion or lack there) and could not tell by the way he was acting/playing/walking that something was wrong, then more power to you.
-keep in mind that they come easier and easier the more you get them

But you sure have given a lot of excuses ITT for ALL HIS MANY injuries

rawsavon

his injuries are minor. Yes, I will believe you, some guy/girl who has no internal knowledge of the injury at all, over Andy Reid, MV7, and Joe Banner. After the 'concussion' he ran 31 yards, then went out of bounds -after he went out of bounds he kicked a ball that was set up on a tee then proceeded to apologize to the cheerleader that it almost hit. Vick after the hit 5/8 30 yards, 31 yards rushing He got hurt late in the third, and his team had the lead.