Carson Palmer to Raiders???

• 184 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts

...looks close to being done at this point.
1st round pick this year and conditional 1st next year

My take on it:
-that is waaaaay too much for an old, broken QB that is out of shape and doesn't know the system AND is owed a lot of money
-he has never been the same after the knee and arm injuries
-really only had a couple great years, rest have been okay to 'meh'

The raiders just can't help themselves

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 rawsavon
Link for those interested http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7118158/oakland-raiders-verge-getting-carson-palmer-cincinnati-bengals-sources-say
ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ChikaraShref
Member since 2011 • 4721 Posts
he's not even worth a single 1st round pick...
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
Picking him up in a couple fantasy leagues if this goes through...
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rawsavon
Picking him up in a couple fantasy leagues if this goes through...The-Apostle
you must not have much at QB
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 The-Apostle
[QUOTE="The-Apostle"]Picking him up in a couple fantasy leagues if this goes through...rawsavon

I need to get rid of Romo, Hasslebeck, and most of all... GROSSMAN!
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The-Apostle
Anyway, according to fantasy the deal has gone through. Too bad both him and Alex Smith are on bye this week though... Need Rodgers to pick up the slack.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rawsavon
[QUOTE="The-Apostle"] I need to get rid of Romo

You think Palmer will have a better fantasy year the rest of the way than Romo :?
QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 QuistisTrepe_
Member since 2010 • 4121 Posts

I forgot the Raiders are addicted to giving up first round picks for declining thirty-somethings. Just when they were becoming a respected franchise again, too bad.:lol:

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The-Apostle
[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="The-Apostle"] I need to get rid of Romo

You think Palmer will have a better fantasy year the rest of the way than Romo :?

I have him and Hasslebeck in the same league. I also have Ray Rice and LeSean McCoy in said league. Those two are the reason I'm in second.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rawsavon
[QUOTE="The-Apostle"][QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="The-Apostle"] I need to get rid of Romo

I have him and Hasslebeck in the same league. I also have Ray Rice and LeSean McCoy in said league. Those two are the reason I'm in second.

So you think Romo -with the Cowboys weak schedule -with Austin, Bryant, Witten -getting healthier WILL BE WORSE THAN Palmer -off the street -out of shape -new team -mid season -less weapons -not a very good QB post injuries...sucked with TJ 'whoseyourmamma', Ocho, and Benson ...I wish I was in your fantasy league >_>
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rawsavon

I forgot the Raiders are addicted to giving up first round picks for declining thirty-somethings. Just when they were becoming a respected franchise again, too bad.:lol:

QuistisTrepe_

Al Davis made this trade by Ouija

a

Do it ****** Al Davis

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 The-Apostle
[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="The-Apostle"][QUOTE="rawsavon"] You think Palmer will have a better fantasy year the rest of the way than Romo :?

So you think Romo -with the Cowboys weak schedule -with Austin, Bryant, Witten -getting healthier WILL BE WORSE THAN Palmer -off the street -out of shape -new team -mid season -less weapons -not a very good QB post injuries...sucked with TJ 'whoseyourmamma', Ocho, and Benson ...I wish I was in your fantasy league >_>

I'm also considering picking Palmer up over Hasslebeck. >_>
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rawsavon
[QUOTE="The-Apostle"] I'm also considering picking Palmer up over Hasslebeck. >_>

I don't think he will be better than him either. Hass has been a huge surprise this year (in a good way). What was the last offensive player traded that did anything in the league that year...now add in that it is at QB + he is not very good + he has not been playing football What league are you in/send me an invite next year >_>
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 The-Apostle
[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="The-Apostle"] I'm also considering picking Palmer up over Hasslebeck. >_>

I don't think he will be better than him either. Hass has been a huge surprise this year (in a good way). What was the last offensive player traded that did anything in the league that year...now add in that it is at QB + he is not very good + he has not been playing football What league are you in/send me an invite next year >_>

Okay. Would you say he's better than Grossman?
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rawsavon
[QUOTE="The-Apostle"] Okay. Would you say he's better than Grossman?

Grossman may not even play anymore/could be benched at any moment if he does. I would not start either Palmer or Grossman. But Palmer is a better bet than Grossman (unless Beck gets hurt and is out of the equation) You will know who is starting in Washington/Minnesota tomorrow Waivers go through on Thursday morning
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 The-Apostle
[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="The-Apostle"] Okay. Would you say he's better than Grossman?

Grossman may not even play anymore/could be benched at any moment if he does. I would not start either Palmer or Grossman. But Palmer is a better bet than Grossman (unless Beck gets hurt and is out of the equation) You will know who is starting in Washington/Minnesota tomorrow Waivers go through on Thursday morning

Meh... I'm starting Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith, who is only winning because he has Frank Gore. >_>
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rawsavon
WR's don't even do much when traded mid-season. TBH, I can't remember the last offensive player that was traded mid season and did anything of note ...now make that a QB that is out of shape and not very good post injuries You pick up who you want in your league. I am just saying that I would not pick him up unless I had 'nothing' at QB
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 The-Apostle

WR's don't even do much when traded mid-season. TBH, I can't remember the last offensive player that was traded mid season and did anything of note ...now make that a QB that is out of shape and not very good post injuries You pick up who you want in your league. I am just saying that I would not pick him up unless I had 'nothing' at QBrawsavon
I need a third QB for my Yahoo! league. I missed out on Dalton. I might consider giving Beck a shot if he starts next week. It's a gamble, but since I'd have two QBs giving him a shot would be worth it, especially since I'm not doing very well in that league.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rawsavon
I need a third QB for my Yahoo! league.The-Apostle
do you guys play 2 qb's? if not, why do you want 3?
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 The-Apostle
[QUOTE="The-Apostle"] I need a third QB for my Yahoo! league.rawsavon
do you guys play 2 qb's? if not, why do you want 3?

Yes, we do. Which is why I have Rodgers, Smith and Grossman. I need one to fill in for bye weeks and Grossman has been extremely disappointing, which is why I started starting Smith, who I picked up after trading Henne.
white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#22 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts
[QUOTE="The-Apostle"]Picking him up in a couple fantasy leagues if this goes through...rawsavon

Palmer was top ten in both yards and TDs last year...not exactly a slouch. He also has two emerging receivers and a beast running back. I won't say he'll set the world on fire, but he is a solid option in all formats. I'm adding him in every league.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rawsavon
[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="The-Apostle"]Picking him up in a couple fantasy leagues if this goes through...white_sox

Palmer was top ten in both yards and TDs last year...not exactly a slouch. He also has two emerging receivers and a beast running back. I won't say he'll set the world on fire, but he is a solid option in all formats. I'm adding him in every league.

Please tell me the last offensive player to switch teams mid season and make an impact. ...also, how in shape do you think he is/how well do you think a QB will come in and play With your stats, you need to include the 3rd most picks as well (at least present a fair argument) I did not know apostle was in a 2 qb league. That means you need 20 in a 10 team league every week + everyone will have a 3rd for the bye week = pick him up But in a standard league, he would not be worth picking up IMO
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
Raiders' stupidity never cease to amaze.
white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#26 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts

Please tell me the last offensive player to switch teams mid season and make an impact. ...also, how in shape do you think he is/how well do you think a QB will come in and play With your stats, you need to include the 3rd most picks as well (at least present a fair argument) I did not know apostle was in a 2 qb league. That means you need 20 in a 10 team league every week + everyone will have a 3rd for the bye week = pick him up But in a standard league, he would not be worth picking up IMOrawsavon

Carson's situation is kind of unprecedented, so there really isn't any references we have here.

I'm fairly certain Carson hasn't been drinking beer and chowing on nachos this whole time, I'd imagine he has been working out. He is a veteran, he knows the game, and the added incentive here is that he has something to prove.

INTs are hardly a factor in fantasy. Most leagues do not penalize them that hard.

I think the upside is too hard to pass up in this situation. I'm picking him up in a single QB, 12 team format. You don't think he'll be a top 25 QB after week 8 (factoring in his acclaimation to the offense, new receivers)?

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

The price seems a little steep, but the Raiders are in good position to make a run in the playoffs. With McFadden and the line doing their thing, it looks like they want to focus on winning now and in the near-future, rather than build for the long-term.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rawsavon

You don't think he'll be a top 25 QB after week 8 (factoring in his acclaimation to the offense, new receivers)?

white_sox

It is not unprecedented at all.
1. A diminishing QB changing teams has happened quite a bit...and almost never ends well (Favre year with Vikes being the exception)
2. offensive players almost (I say almost only b/c you can never be 100% sure) never do anything when traded mid season...just too hard in this nfl that is all about schemes

I don't think he will be a top 20 QB by the time the fantasy playoffs roll around
...BUT even if he is top 15, what does that get you???
You can only start 1 (in what we are talking about now). If there are only 10-12 qb's starting in your league come playoff time, what good is having the 15th best QB?

I see this all the time in fantasy. People jump on players that don't help their team

IZoMBiEI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 IZoMBiEI
Member since 2002 • 6477 Posts

raiders were ripped off but they were pretty desperate.

ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts
Raiders gave up way too much for him. So do the Raiders even have a pick in the first 4 rounds next year?
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 rawsavon
The Raiders have upcoming games against Chicago, Minnesota, Green Bay, and Denver. All in the bottom third of the league in pass defense.white_sox
If you think Palmer will win you a championship then go for it man... If you think having a QB ranked 15 or worse in PPG (points per game) will be enough to get you through the playoffs...against the best teams in your league...then more power to you. Like I said though, (no matter the matchup) he will not generate enough points over 4 weeks to win it all in a league where you only start one -I would rather save that roster spot for a WR or RB that might pop given an injury He is not even worth picking up for a bye week IMO b/c he will still be trying to figure stuff out during the majority of them Though if you guys play for $, then send me an invite next year...please >_>
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 rawsavon
I'd be all for doing a cash league next year, I'm not sure if we can openly talk about it on the boards or not. white_sox
oh. my bad did not know that
Avatar image for Fuhgeddabouditt
Fuhgeddabouditt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Fuhgeddabouditt
Member since 2010 • 5468 Posts
 "I win."
Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts
They (Raiders) got ripped so hard. Bengals 2-3 years in the future may be this years Lions.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50536 Posts
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]They (Raiders) got ripped so hard. Bengals 2-3 years in the future may be this years Lions.

Bengals are 4-2you now lol. I still dont understand why tge raiders just didnt wait and try to trade those picks in the draft to get luck. Mind blowing stupid move.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 No_Hablo_Ingles
Bengals are 4-2you now lol. I still dont understand why tge raiders just didnt wait and try to trade those picks in the draft to get luck. Mind blowing stupid move.Chutebox
Yeah, but I don't buy into them. So far, the only good win they have were the Bills (not negating the win or anything, but bad teams can beat better teams from time to time). Other than that, they beat the Colts, Browns, and Jags - which combine for 3-14 record.
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts
I don't like giving up 2 first round picks but hey I'll take Palmer over Boller any day. Campbell was playing average and the Raiders were still winning so I can't wait to see what he can do for us in Oakland. He's always played behind a crappy team in Cincy and now that he actually has a good running attack he'll be even better
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 rawsavon
I don't like giving up 2 first round picks but hey I'll take Palmer over Boller any day. Campbell was playing average and the Raiders were still winning so I can't wait to see what he can do for us in Oakland. He's always played behind a crappy team in Cincy and now that he actually has a good running attack he'll be even betterandyboiii
he had 2 probowl receivers and 3 good rb's in Cincy :? ...not the Patriots level of quality by any means, but nothing terrible on offense either around him
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 i5750at4Ghz
Member since 2010 • 5839 Posts
People said the same thing about richard when we gave a 1st for him. Good trade imo. The raiders draft extremely well in the later rounds, I don't see us missing anything.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 rawsavon

People said the same thing about richard when we gave a 1st for him. Good trade imo. The raiders draft extremely well in the later rounds, I don't see us missing anything.i5750at4Ghz
Guess how many draft picks they have in 2012?
2...a 5th and a 6th

Edit:
They needed to use that first in 2012 to trade down to get more later picks

i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 i5750at4Ghz
[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"]People said the same thing about richard when we gave a 1st for him. Good trade imo. The raiders draft extremely well in the later rounds, I don't see us missing anything.rawsavon
Guess how many draft picks they have in 2012? 2...a 5th and a 6th

You forget about the picks we are going to get for nnamdi and miller.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 rawsavon
[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"] You forget about the picks we are going to get for nnamdi and miller.

what compensatory picks are you counting on...so then might have 4 picks in last 4-7 rounds...most likely rounds 5-7?
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 No_Hablo_Ingles
Raider fans can't be so delusional to think this was a good trade... or at the very least, that they didn't give up too much
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts
[QUOTE="rawsavon"]he had 2 probowl receivers and 3 good rb's in Cincy :? ...not the Patriots level of quality by any means, but nothing terrible on offense either around him

he had good receivers I'll agree but this Raiders O-line is better and we have a better RB (McFadden) then any RB he's had in Cincy. teams are going to respect the run more which won't make him feel like he has to try and do it all force up passes he doesn't need to like he did in Cincy
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 i5750at4Ghz
Raider fans can't be so delusional to think this was a good trade... or at the very least, that they didn't give up too muchNo_Hablo_Ingles
Cause we didn't. QB is the most important position on the field. Palmer already knows the system, has a big arm, is smart, and works hard. What else could you want in a QB? If the raiders had some huge glaring holes to fill I would be pissed. But the team is young and skilled at every single position on the field. Our only weakness as of right now is QB. Doing anything we can to get one the knows the system and is willing to work hard is a great move. Again I point back to the Seymour trade, he completely changed the mindset of that Dline and now it's one of the best in the NFL. You can go back even farther, Rich Gannon was suppose to be a stupid trade 2 time mvp, trading for an old rice a stupid trade took us to 3 afc championship games. Trading for an old rod woodson, ronnie lott, plunkett ect. Laugh while you can, Carson is going to do big things in Oakland.
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 i5750at4Ghz

[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"] You forget about the picks we are going to get for nnamdi and miller.rawsavon
what compensatory picks are you counting on...so then might have 4 picks in last 4-7 rounds...most likely rounds 5-7?

We will most likely get a 3rd and a 4th.

Edit I forgot about Thomas Howard so add a 6th as well.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 rawsavon
[QUOTE="andyboiii"] We will most likely get a 3rd and a 4th.

...that's not how those picks work :? They are based on salary differences and playoff success to name a few of the parts. Nnamdi actually has a lower salary and might not make the playoffs. You guys are not getting a 3rd and 4th "and the placement of the picks is determined by a proprietary formula based on the player's salary, playing time, and postseason honors with his new team, with salary being the primary factor." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_Draft#Compensatory_picks