Boxing is ****ing exhausting

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Fiji-Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Fiji-Water
Member since 2008 • 933 Posts

Im struggling just typing this right now

I just started last week and have been going every week day.....and im dying.....i just got got back from another training thing and I think i wanna quit life..

Im getting private lessons from a professional boxer though, fought on tv and olympics and what not....so thats cool...but damn...

Anybody else box? Ever box in your life?

Fiji-Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Fiji-Water

try wii boxing, it will f$ck your world updeadFalling

i lol'd

but in all seriousness...I thought iw as getting tired after playing Wii boxing for a few hours straight...just the minigames....but now I realize i didnt even know what tired was

Magna_Man109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Magna_Man109
Member since 2005 • 5527 Posts
Whats the guys name?
InterpolWilco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 InterpolWilco
Member since 2005 • 2487 Posts

Welcome to fighting my friend. Yes its VERY tiring.

Personally, I love it. I love the tough training and your t-shirt basically becoming a towel, lol.

Fiji-Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Fiji-Water

Welcome to fighting my friend. Yes its VERY tiring.

Personally, I love it. I love the tough training and your t-shirt basically becoming a towel, lol.

InterpolWilco

It feels kind of good punching.....and I actually liked that when I was dead tired, barely able to move my arms...it felt good just pushing for it and throwing a punch at the bag or gloves as hard as you can....getting a 2nd burst of energy out of nowhere

Im starting to really like it too...im not used to working this hard though

silky_smooth8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 silky_smooth8
Member since 2003 • 3659 Posts
not surprised, boxing is rated the #1 most physically demanding sport
d12malu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 d12malu
Member since 2002 • 1023 Posts

Fought on tv and the Olympics, so who the hell is it?

Yes, boxing (or fighting in general) can be the most tiresome sport. The trick is to control your adrenaline...get too excited and you won't last 2 minutes.

digiram79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 digiram79
Member since 2007 • 251 Posts
Championship boxers are probably the hardest working people in the sports industry. The training camps before big fights are brutal.
balindos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 balindos
Member since 2003 • 2424 Posts
Well now you know why most of them are all ripped.
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Just_Osmo
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts

To bad Boxing is dead. It died the day they made fights PPV. (pay per view)

Bring Boxing back to network television and maybe it will be revived. but as it stands now Boxing is a dead sport.

cvasquez311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 cvasquez311
Member since 2004 • 962 Posts

Bring Boxing back to network television and maybe it will be revived. but as it stands now Boxing is a dead sport.

Just_Osmo

dude, he's talking about ACTUALLY fighting. as in you boxing PERSONALLY. I dont think this thread isn't aimed really at boxing on TV.

to answer the OP, I never actually boxed, but I took Tae Kwon Doe for 7 Years. Just sparring is tiring, even to last a minute or two. It's more and endurance sport unless you have a right hook like Tyson had before he went bonkers. For my second degree black belt testing I had to go through the usual testing of forms and combos, and after all that I had to fight for 6 minutes straight with 3 different people in 2 minute intervals, all higher level black belts than me. Fighting in general is very tiring, VERY.

Hang in there man, you get used to it. You gotta build your endurance. In a month from now you'll be laughing about how out of shape you were before :)

balindos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 balindos

Just_Osmo

Why post if you are not going to read what the topic is? Boxing has died and so will UFC because once the money rolls in, watch how easy rigging a tap out will be or the judges. Vegas owns all fighting sports.

balindos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 balindos
[QUOTE="balindos"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

Just_Osmo

Why post if you are not going to read what the topic is? Boxing has died and so will UFC because once the money rolls in, watch how easy rigging a tap out will be or the judges. Vegas owns all fighting sports.

I know what the topic is. All I was saying was Boxing as a proffession is dead so don't get to into it if your thinking of it as a career. Jesus you people are snappy. Your acting as if I came into a Boxing thread and started talking about Polo.

No you came in and didnt even join the conversation. Read what everybody is talking about and then put your input. The Op is talking about how hard it is to train in boxing and you are talking about Boxing being dead. If you have nothing to add to the topic then dont add anything. Just some advice.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Just_Osmo
[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="balindos"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

balindos

I know what the topic is. All I was saying was Boxing as a proffession is dead so don't get to into it if your thinking of it as a career. Jesus you people are snappy. Your acting as if I came into a Boxing thread and started talking about Polo.

No you came in and didnt even join the conversation. Read what everybody is talking about and then put your input. The Op is talking about how hard it is to train in boxing and you are talking about Boxing being dead. If you have nothing to add to the topic then dont add anything. Just some advice.

Why do i need to join in the current topic? Why can't I add in another topic for conversation? Stop acting like you own the thread. The topic is Boxing and I stated a fact about boxing.

balindos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 balindos
[QUOTE="balindos"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="balindos"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

Just_Osmo

Why do i need to join in the current topic? Why can't I add in another topic for conversation? Stop acting like you own the thread. The topic is Boxing and I stated a fact about boxing.

Make a topic and I will swoop right in and change the subject so nobody talks about what you actually wanted to talk about.

Oh yeah change you sig because it should end as 18 - 1. Hahaha Sorry Im a Dolphin fan haha something for me to cheer about this year.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Just_Osmo
[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="balindos"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="balindos"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

balindos

Make a topic and I will swoop right in and change the subject so nobody talks about what you actually wanted to talk about.

Oh yeah change you sig because it should end as 18 - 1. Hahaha Sorry Im a Dolphin fan haha something for me to cheer about this year.

I didn't come in and try to change the flipping topic. I just came in and said something relating to the current conversation. For someone who didnt start the thread you sure are butt hurt.

18-1 is better then 1-15. I'd rather have my let down in the SB then have my let down evry single game.

nbprince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 nbprince
Member since 2003 • 579 Posts
yes ive done tae kwon do...boxing and basketball...and in my experiance basketball was the hardest....in terms of conditioning...especially for one tryout...be at the gum at 7 30 the day after thanksgiving...O man was that hard...but boxing was pretty hard to
yian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 yian
Member since 2003 • 5166 Posts
Keep it up! You will grow muscles! Remember to stretch and wear protective gears.