Best team in the AFC?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

It seems like the best team in the AFC changes every week. To me it seems like the Texans hold that title right now. Who do you think is the best?

Jackboot343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Jackboot343
Member since 2007 • 2574 Posts

I'd love to see Oakland make a run for it, but it'll probably be Pittsburgh or New England...typical

ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ChikaraShref
Member since 2011 • 4721 Posts
as a steelers fan, i'm gonna say the steelers.
Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

I'd still say the Steelers at this point, they're 7-1 against teams not named the Baltimore Ravens. That being said the conference is completly wide open, you can never write the Patriots off, if the Ravens ever get their **** together they can be dangerous, and Houston has the best point differential in the league.

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#5 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

I had Houston as the #1 team, but since they lost Schaub for the year, I think Pittsburg holds the title of best AFC team now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

I had Houston as the #1 team, but since they lost Schaub for the year, I think Pittsburg holds the title of best AFC team now.

nickdastick

Yeah I'm thinking the Steelers are now.

Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#7 Los9090
Member since 2004 • 7288 Posts
I wanted to say Baltimore, but then they go and lose to Seattle? Then again, Seattle beat the NY Giants .
Avatar image for Fuhgeddabouditt
Fuhgeddabouditt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Fuhgeddabouditt
Member since 2010 • 5468 Posts
best team in the AFC, right now ill say the Steelers.
TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheGrat1
Member since 2008 • 4330 Posts

3 AFC North teams, good to see. :cool:

nickdastick

Same here, except I have my Steelers tied with the Ravens. The only reason we're tied and not behind is because we haven't lost to weak teams, and the Texans loss came before the O-line got their s**t together.

1. Ravens

1a. Steelers

3. Patriots

4. Texans

5. Bengals

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
I said the Ravens a week ago but they keep losing games they have no business losing. I'll say the Steelers for now.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
I am shocked, SHOCKED this topic was not created by Master Live.....Steelers
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts

nickdastick
I was not sold on Houston, but I had them at the top with the Steelers and Ravens...not anymore though. So either the Steelers or Ravens. I guess I trust the Steelers more in the playoffs. The ravens have had 2 baffling losses after wins over the steelers
Flyin_Bryan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Flyin_Bryan8
Member since 2011 • 33 Posts
Houston was on fire, but with Schaub going down I think they are in trouble. Baltimore is weird. They play so well at times, but then lose to teams like Seattle and Jacksonville. Cincy is hot right now, but I think if they make the playoffs they are done first round. Pittsburgh and New England are both serious contenders with the Steelers being the better team in my opinion. I voted Steelers in the poll.
Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#15 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

I voted Pit. They have the strongest team, so far. Strong defence, decent QB, all you need to win in the NFL.

ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 ohjtbehaaave
Member since 2002 • 2114 Posts
The AFC has had a ton of shifts in the power rankings this year. One minute a team looks great... and the next they look brutal. It's an obvious statement... but it's really going to come down to what teams(s) are hot and close out the regular season playing well. When all is said and done I think the only real AFC threats are the Pats, Jets, Ravens and Steelers. Texans had a great shot until Schaub got hurt.
TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheGrat1

I voted Pit. They have the strongest team, so far. Strong defence, decent QB, all you need to win in the NFL.

Namgis
Decent?
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 X360PS3AMD05
[QUOTE="Namgis"]

TheGrat1
Decent?

"No respect! No respect i tells ya!" I wonder why, cause he plays in a blue collar town? He has a beard and isn't a pretty boy like PM/TB?
Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Either the Steelers or Ravens. Ravens beat Steelers but lose to the Seahawks and the Steelers lost to the Ravens twice but beat the Patriots.

hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hanslacher54
Member since 2007 • 3659 Posts

The AFC is so confusing. I would have said the Texans but now Matt Schaub is out for the year. I would have also said the Ravens but they keep loosing to bad teams like the Jaguars and the Seahawks. The only team I can say is the Steelers, even though the Ravens swept them.

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Namgis

[QUOTE="TheGrat1"][QUOTE="Namgis"]

X360PS3AMD05

Decent?

"No respect! No respect i tells ya!" I wonder why, cause he plays in a blue collar town? He has a beard and isn't a pretty boy like PM/TB?

Nope. Because he is not a great QB. Simple. What does him playing in a blue collar town have to do with Anything? Are they thought of as sub par in the US?

Great QBs would be great anywhere they played. If you put Ben on the Browns, Vikings, Colts or Jags would he make them title contenders? Nope.

Put most decent QBs on the Steelers and they would still win.

TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheGrat1

[QUOTE="X360PS3AMD05"][QUOTE="TheGrat1"] Decent?Namgis

Nope. Because he is not a great QB. Simple. What does him playing in a blue collar town have to do with Anything? Are they thought of as sub par in the US?

Great QBs would be great anywhere they played. If you put Ben on the Browns, Vikings, Colts or Jags would he make them title contenders? Nope.

WHAT?!?!?!?! Neither would Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Rivers...etc., except for the Vikings, better QB play could take them far. Brady, Manning, and Rivers would do nothing behind our o-line. It would be SB XLII every day. There is a reason Ben is so good at scrambling: He HAS TO BE. The year before he got here, we were 5-11. Now he has played in the AFC Championship game 4 times in 7 years, with 20+ 4th quarter/overtime drives. He is a huge part of why we win. He's been elite since 2007, and he has the numbers to back it up.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 X360PS3AMD05
That's exactly the double standard i speak of...........PUT ANY QB IN New England..........and ..............WAIT A MINUTE.......THEY DID!! MAtt Cassell anyone???? So how does Ben get knocked? Every good QB had a good team to win a SB, this guy will probably play in a few more before he's done, but naaah he's just a bum. IDK if you watch the games but he pulls off insane plays all the time, he scrambles and runs for 1st downs or finds an open receiver, those are skills and you can't even call him a "choker" like with Romo or Favre. What does the city have to do with it, well a ton of the big stars that are marketed on ESPN play in big flashy markets.............
Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Namgis

@TheGrat1

@x360ps3amd05

Well reasoned, well argued. You have swayed me.

I am just bitter my Vikes have no qb.

-Tish-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#25 -Tish-
Member since 2007 • 3624 Posts
I picked a Packers-Texans Super Bowl match-up in preseason so I'm sticking with it. However, right now I don't think Houston is the best with Shaub out. I'll go with Pittsburgh for now...
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 X360PS3AMD05
*Hats off* I think that's a first for this forum
Flyin_Bryan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Flyin_Bryan8

I picked a Packers-Texans Super Bowl match-up in preseason so I'm sticking with it. However, right now I don't think Houston is the best with Shaub out. I'll go with Pittsburgh for now...-Tish-

I picked a Bears/Steelers Super Bowl, but with the way the Pack is playing they look almost unstoppable.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

[QUOTE="-Tish-"]I picked a Packers-Texans Super Bowl match-up in preseason so I'm sticking with it. However, right now I don't think Houston is the best with Shaub out. I'll go with Pittsburgh for now...Flyin_Bryan8

I picked a Bears/Steelers Super Bowl, but with the way the Pack is playing they look almost unstoppable.

They aren't. Stop Rodgers and they are done. The problem is stopping Rodgers though, nobody can seem to figure it out.

lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#29 lild1425
Member since 2004 • 6757 Posts

[QUOTE="X360PS3AMD05"][QUOTE="TheGrat1"] Decent?Namgis

This comment is beyond retarded. I don't even know where to start....

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#30 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Ha, I picked Packers/Steelers. Right on track :cool:

ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ChikaraShref
Member since 2011 • 4721 Posts

Ha, I picked Packers/Steelers. Right on track :cool:

Master_Live
i'm thinking 49ers take down the pack and lose to the steelers in the SB :P
Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Namgis

This comment is beyond ...... I don't even know where to start....

lild1425

Didn't read the rest of the thread, thanks for playing.

lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#33 lild1425
Member since 2004 • 6757 Posts

[QUOTE="lild1425"]

This comment is beyond retarded. I don't even know where to start....

Namgis

Didn't read the rest of the thread, thanks for playing.

Yes I did and your response is fairly isolated with little to do with other comments in the thread unrelated to your conversation string. Once I get my composure, I'll actually try forming an argument but I have a feeling you probably won't listen to it anyway.

Flyin_Bryan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Flyin_Bryan8

[QUOTE="Flyin_Bryan8"]

[QUOTE="-Tish-"]I picked a Packers-Texans Super Bowl match-up in preseason so I'm sticking with it. However, right now I don't think Houston is the best with Shaub out. I'll go with Pittsburgh for now...sherman-tank1

They aren't. Stop Rodgers and they are done. The problem is stopping Rodgers though, nobody can seem to figure it out.

The only way that Rodgers has been stopped in his career is via concussions. Some team could throw a cheap shot on him, but they would hear it from the media and the NFL forever if they did that.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

[QUOTE="Flyin_Bryan8"]

Flyin_Bryan8

The only way that Rodgers has been stopped in his career is via concussions. Some team could throw a cheap shot on him, but they would hear it from the media and the NFL forever if they did that.

'In his career'???
...only if his career is 2 seasons old

He is great now. So don't get me wrong.
But he did not have immediate success after taking over for Favre (a team Favre took deep into the playoffs).
Texas Tech also did a good job of shutting his yap (after he ran his mouth) in his last game at Cal.
...so 'career' is a bit of a stretch

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 X360PS3AMD05
+1 All of a sudden it became sacrilege to say question the almighty Pack attack and Mr. Rodgers.
Flyin_Bryan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Flyin_Bryan8

[QUOTE="Flyin_Bryan8"]

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]They aren't. Stop Rodgers and they are done. The problem is stopping Rodgers though, nobody can seem to figure it out.

rawsavon

'In his career'???
...only if his career is 2 seasons old

He is great now. So don't get me wrong.
But he did not have immediate success after taking over for Favre (a team Favre took deep into the playoffs).
Texas Tech also did a good job of shutting his yap (after he ran his mouth) in his last game at Cal.
...so 'career' is a bit of a stretch

You are correct sir. I should have typed "stopped at this point in his career." My mistake.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

New England= worst pass defense, best pass offense, and mediocre running game.

Baltimore= mediocre passing offense and running game, and best defense.

Pittsburgh= good offense all around, and good defense all around.

Houston= all around decent to good team.

Super Bowl 2012 seems to bew Baltimore vs Green Bay.

Baltimore's defense will shut down New Englands offense. And they've beaten Pittsburgh both times. Houston is the Black horse with an all around average-to good team.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

NO TEAM WILL BEAT GREEN BAY IN THE PLAYOFFS AS IT STANDS RIGHT NOW. A TEAM WOULD HAVE TO SHUT DOWN AARON RODGERS. THE ONLY DEFENSE WITH THAT CHANCE IS BALTIMORE.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

New England= worst pass defense, best pass offense, and mediocre running game.

Baltimore= mediocre passing offense and running game, and best defense.

Pittsburgh= good offense all around, and good defense all around.

Houston= all around decent to good team.

Super Bowl 2012 seems to bew Baltimore vs Green Bay.

Baltimore's defense will shut down New Englands offense. And they've beaten Pittsburgh both times. Houston is the Black horse with an all around average-to good team.

clr84651

If the Ravens and Steelers meet in the playoffs, Steelers would win. The Steelers are just to good of a team to be beat 3 times by one team in a season. Sides, Flacco is medicore, and you need a good QB to win the SB. I would put the Steelers or Pats as the AFC Champions. My black house is going to be the Bengals. They have proven they can stick around with the best.