A. Silva vs. J. Jones

This topic is locked from further discussion.

36Ounces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 36Ounces
Member since 2006 • 2065 Posts

Who wins? This the fight everybody wanna see and you know it will happen sometime. It's 50/50 to me but I give the edge to Silva on experience.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50552 Posts

Jon Jones is basically a heavyweight fighting at LHW if I remember correctly. I'd choose him for his size.

36Ounces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 36Ounces

Would be a hell of a fight. Heard Silva tryin to fight GSP next if he'll do it.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50552 Posts

36Ounces
Heh, that would be a boring fight for me because GSP will do nothing by try and take Silva down (for obvious reasons). If GSP worked a lot on the ground then it would be interesting. But I'm afraid he'll be too scared to make a mistake and just lay and pray to a victory. I didn't watch the fights last weekend, so I'm not sure if GSP lay and pray'd his way to another win.
36Ounces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 36Ounces

[QUOTE="36Ounces"]

Chutebox

Heh, that would be a boring fight for me because GSP will do nothing by try and take Silva down (for obvious reasons). If GSP worked a lot on the ground then it would be interesting. But I'm afraid he'll be too scared to make a mistake and just lay and pray to a victory. I didn't watch the fights last weekend, so I'm not sure if GSP lay and pray'd his way to another win.

Yup, that fight would be boring as hell haha. Still wanna see it though.

Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 Swanogt19
Member since 2008 • 24159 Posts
Sadly this fight will never happen. I would go with Jones. His reach means he can stand with Silva (theoretically) and he has great wrestling. Silva has proven to have issues with good wrestlers.
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Who wins? This the fight everybody wanna see and you know it will happen sometime. It's 50/50 to me but I give the edge to Silva on experience.

36Ounces

I thought that way at first but now I'm starting to believe that Jones is invincible:|....That's why there is no way in hell sonnen should be in the cage with him. Dana white is starting to turn the UFC into the WWF!!!

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#8 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts
Yeah, I'm gonna agree that Jon Jones is invincible. Silva has actually lost a few without being DQ'ed, and he should've lost the UFC 117 fight against Sonnen, only Sonnen was a f*ckin idiot and pulled his right arm out of Silva's guard. Jones might kill Sonnen. I thought he was going to kill Machida.
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
Jones could kill Sonnen which why I expect Sonnen to be on the ground for 95% of the fight or he is going to get KO.
mjf249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#10 mjf249
Member since 2004 • 3000 Posts

I would have to pick Jones without a doubt. Silva is a great fighter and one of the best in UFC history, but Jones just as good striking ability, and he's a pretty darn good wrestler. Plus the size, and reach advantage would be on Jones side. This would be a horrible fight in my opinion.

Spellingiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Spellingiscool
Member since 2010 • 1450 Posts
Yeah, I'm gonna agree that Jon Jones is invincible. Silva has actually lost a few without being DQ'ed, and he should've lost the UFC 117 fight against Sonnen, only Sonnen was a f*ckin idiot and pulled his right arm out of Silva's guard. Jones might kill Sonnen. I thought he was going to kill Machida. GamerForca
And he was on roids
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

[QUOTE="GamerForca"]Yeah, I'm gonna agree that Jon Jones is invincible. Silva has actually lost a few without being DQ'ed, and he should've lost the UFC 117 fight against Sonnen, only Sonnen was a f*ckin idiot and pulled his right arm out of Silva's guard. Jones might kill Sonnen. I thought he was going to kill Machida. Spellingiscool
And he was on roids

Why does everyone keep on forgetting about this FACT!!!

wornstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 wornstar
Member since 2006 • 486 Posts

Dangerous fight for Silva to take. But if you want to be the considered the best, take on all comers.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#14 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts

[QUOTE="Spellingiscool"][QUOTE="GamerForca"]Yeah, I'm gonna agree that Jon Jones is invincible. Silva has actually lost a few without being DQ'ed, and he should've lost the UFC 117 fight against Sonnen, only Sonnen was a f*ckin idiot and pulled his right arm out of Silva's guard. Jones might kill Sonnen. I thought he was going to kill Machida. MarcRecon

And he was on roids

Why does everyone keep on forgetting about this FACT!!!

Sonnen could juice up before fighting Jones and would still get killed.