Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

Schedule was released a few hours ago. Can't psyched about how the way the Pats ended up looking with a week 4 bye, being forced to face Denver on a short week, and 4 of 6 our last games on the road (including our last 2). As an out-of-area fan however, I will say that I enjoy the fact that we have 5 primetime and 3 late afternoon games.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18782 Posts

@Boston_Boyy: "As an out-of-area fan however, I will say that I enjoy the fact that we have 5 primetime and 3 late afternoon games."

WTF? Where you live?

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Boston_Boyy

@PSP107: Charlotte. I'm in college.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18782 Posts

@Boston_Boyy:

Can I call you Charlotte_Boyy?

Anyway, do people despise you because you're from Bean Town?

Well you said 5 pats have 5-8 national games, but are you upset that you don't see every game as well not seeing Celtics, Red Sox, Bruins?

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#55 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9723 Posts

The schedule has been released and the 2015 draft is one week away.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50494 Posts

Redskins got "Buffalo'd" this year with the schedule. They play 5 teams coming off a rest week. 3 coming off a a bye week and 2 coming of a TNF game.

Cowboys and Seahawks have 4 weeks like this too. I don't know why NFL does this. If you're going to have TNF, schedule the shit so it's even among teams.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#57 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

@Chutebox said:

Redskins got "Buffalo'd" this year with the schedule. They play 5 teams coming off a rest week. 3 coming off a a bye week and 2 coming of a TNF game.

Cowboys and Seahawks have 4 weeks like this too. I don't know why NFL does this. If you're going to have TNF, schedule the shit so it's even among teams.

So 2-14? Thena again even with low expectations it'll still suck.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Chutebox

Skins picking up RG3's 5th year. Kind of glad, I want to see a little more of him too. Hopefully we get a chance to pick up the beats from USC. That will make me happy.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 GameboyTroy

Its time for the 2015 NFL Draft.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Chutebox

Ffs, where is Roger walking from?

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

So I guess I will be cheering a little for the Titans. Want suoer Mario to do well.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Chutebox

I'm happy

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#63  Edited By Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

@Chutebox said:

I'm happy

Yup.

#weneedmorehogs

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Boston_Boyy

Never even considered Williams would fall to the Jets, the pass rushes are getting in the AFC East are getting scarier and scarier.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By GameboyTroy
@Boston_Boyy said:

Never even considered Williams would fall to the Jets, the pass rushes are getting in the AFC East are getting scarier and scarier.

Meanwhile the Patriots don't have scary pass rushers of their own. Now isn't that funny?

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 LostProphetFLCL

No! Was hoping Gurley would fall to the Lions!

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 GameboyTroy

@LostProphetFLCL said:

No! Was hoping Gurley would fall to the Lions!

This draft is supposed to be deep for RBs.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 LostProphetFLCL

@GameboyTroy: Yeah but how many of them are being compared to Marshawn Lynch?

I want a star RB for the Lions. I think it could instantly improve their offense in a major way.

They have been so one-dimensional that it makes it easy for teams to defend them. Just worry about the pass. They had no running game last year and I think that is the biggest reason for their lack of offense.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 GameboyTroy

@LostProphetFLCL: Its true that Gurley is the best one.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 LostProphetFLCL

@GameboyTroy: Even more sad now that Melvin Gordon is gone. Really wanted the Lions to take one of those two with their first pick...

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 GameboyTroy

@LostProphetFLCL: The Chargers needed an RB.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 LostProphetFLCL

@GameboyTroy: Yeah I know. My Lions need one too though! :P

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Chutebox

Damnit I don't want aguilar in philly

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 LostProphetFLCL

Hmmm interesting trade from Detroit. Think that could be a steal by the Lions. 2 picks and a solid guard for 5 places in a mediocre draft? I'll take it!

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Boston_Boyy

@GameboyTroy: Malcolm Brown bitch!

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By GameboyTroy

@Boston_Boyy said:

@GameboyTroy: Malcolm Brown bitch!

I think I spoke too soon. The guy is huge and seems really good. But the other teams in the division have 2 or more scary pass rushers on each team.

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Boston_Boyy

@GameboyTroy: Chandler Jones is a double digit sack guy when healthy.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 GameboyTroy

@Boston_Boyy said:

I haven't paid enough attention to him. How often is he healthy? Can he stop the run?

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#79 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Of course the Jags would pick the worst dressed mother fucker at that draft. And he's a fucking Gator. Bust.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By GameboyTroy

The Bills and Giants are drafting well. The Bills are having such a killer offseason. They're just not holding anything back and just going crazy with the picks they have. The Bills look more like a probowl team.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 LostProphetFLCL

The Lions did surprisingly well in this draft. They somehow managed to fill all their needs with decent picks. Will be interesting to see how Abdullah does. Have heard some people say the Lions should have taken Coleman or Langford instead.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#82  Edited By deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

@GameboyTroy said:
@Boston_Boyy said:

I haven't paid enough attention to him. How often is he healthy? Can he stop the run?

He is just as good against the run as he is pressuring the QB. Thats what makes him such a solid player.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 GameboyTroy

@sherman-tank1 said:
@GameboyTroy said:
@Boston_Boyy said:

He is just as good against the run as he is pressuring the QB. Thats what makes him such a solid player.

How often is he healthy? Also they drafted 3 d-linemen in the first 4 rounds so they should be fine for the front of their defence.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 yokofox33

Jags had the best draft. No contest.

#InGusWeTrust

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#85 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

@GameboyTroy said:
@sherman-tank1 said:
@GameboyTroy said:
@Boston_Boyy said:

How often is he healthy? Also they drafted 3 d-linemen in the first 4 rounds so they should be fine for the front of their defence.

According to NFL.com, he has played 40 out of 48 games possible (excluding postseason). He isn't elite status, but him and Ninkovinch get the job done when they are needed most, despite the weakness in the middle these past few years (hopefully this draft addresses that).

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 LostProphetFLCL

So in more news, the Patriots are a bunch of cheaters and Tom Brady is a fraud.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Chutebox

@LostProphetFLCL said:

So in more news, the Patriots are a bunch of cheaters and Tom Brady is a fraud.

From what I read, they never said they knew or did it. They just said "More probably than not." Not sure if that is common thing to say, but I just laughed. Either you have enough evidence or you don't.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 GameboyTroy

@LostProphetFLCL: Tom Brady is a fraud?

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Boston_Boyy

I guess I can't deny that this isn't "something" but to me it's still not all that significant. The text messages aren't a good reflection of our locker room, but using the term "generally aware" and "more probable than not" was about all they could and fairly generous if anything. It should also be noted that the report found that the initial story of "11 of 12 balls 2+ PSI were under the legal" was bullshit and noted that there was no evidence of organization-wide involvement. If they decide to suspend Brady for a game I guess I can live with it, but nothing about this came off as particularly shocking to me.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Chutebox

@Boston_Boyy said:

I guess I can't deny that this isn't "something" but to me it's pretty insignificant. The text messages aren't a good reflection of our locker room, but using the term "generally aware" and "more probable than not" was about all they could and fairly generous if anything. It should also be noted that the report found that the initial story of "11 of 12 balls 2+ PSI were under the legal was bullshit and noted that there was no evidence of organization-wide involvement. If they decide to suspend Brady for a game I guess I can live with it, but nothing about this came off as particularly shocking to me.

There should be no way anyone can be punished. There is no evidence saying they did anything. If there was any evidence, they wouldn't be saying "More probable than not."

Not a pats fan, but I'll be pissed if the NFL tries anything.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 LostProphetFLCL

@Chutebox: I think those are just terms the NFL I using to be coy about the situation. They KNOW something went on but are trying to keep this hush hush and don't wanna be mean to their golden boy Brady. There is supposedly evidence of Brady giving the locker room people who let air out of the ball autographed memorabilia and this is without them getting a hold of Brady's phone as he refused to turn it over...

The NFL will downplay this as usual and won't do anything significant unless there is public upheaval again. I do not think it is a coincidence that this report is coming out months later, in the middle of the work day in the middle of the work week right after the damn draft. Yet again they want to keep any negative stories quiet and they likely will get away with it this time.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By GameboyTroy
@Boston_Boyy said:

I guess I can't deny that this isn't "something" but to me it's still not all that significant. The text messages aren't a good reflection of our locker room, but using the term "generally aware" and "more probable than not" was about all they could and fairly generous if anything. It should also be noted that the report found that the initial story of "11 of 12 balls 2+ PSI were under the legal" was bullshit and noted that there was no evidence of organization-wide involvement. If they decide to suspend Brady for a game I guess I can live with it, but nothing about this came off as particularly shocking to me.

Some seriously significant things might happen to the Patriots. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it happens. Suspensions for a few games and draft picks being taken away. I'm surprised that it took this long for the NFL to investigate this.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Chutebox

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@Chutebox: I think those are just terms the NFL I using to be coy about the situation. They KNOW something went on but are trying to keep this hush hush and don't wanna be mean to their golden boy Brady. There is supposedly evidence of Brady giving the locker room people who let air out of the ball autographed memorabilia and this is without them getting a hold of Brady's phone as he refused to turn it over...

The NFL will downplay this as usual and won't do anything significant unless there is public upheaval again. I do not think it is a coincidence that this report is coming out months later, in the middle of the work day in the middle of the work week right after the damn draft. Yet again they want to keep any negative stories quiet and they likely will get away with it this time.

Those terms are directly from the report, not from the NFL. The report has no actual evidence that points to Brady or anyone.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Chutebox

@GameboyTroy said:
@Boston_Boyy said:

Some seriously significant things might happen to the Patriots. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it happens. Suspensions for a few games and draft picks being taken away. I'm surprised that it took this long for the NFL to investigate this.

No there won't because there is no evidence that points to cheating. If the NFL tries, which they probably will, they'll lose.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 GameboyTroy
@Chutebox said:
@GameboyTroy said:
@Boston_Boyy said:

No there won't because there is no evidence that points to cheating. If the NFL tries, which they probably will, they'll lose.

Only time will tell to see what actually happens. Whether its little or severe punishment.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 LostProphetFLCL

@Chutebox: Except there's that video evidence of the attendant taking game balls to a bathroom to "use the urinal" even there is no urinal in there. Oh and the two people involved in letting the air out got memorabilia from Tom Brady...

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Chutebox

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@Chutebox: Except there's that video evidence of the attendant taking game balls to a bathroom to "use the urinal" even there is no urinal in there. Oh and the two people involved in letting the air out got memorabilia from Tom Brady...

I'm not saying he didn't know, but none of that is evidence of Brady doing anything.

Common sense says he did know, really no debate. But you actually gotta prove shit and the guy who did the investigation couldn't prove it.

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Boston_Boyy

@LostProphetFLCL: I don't really know what the memorabilia is supposed to suggest. He clearly seemed to know these guys pretty well and there's nothing unusual about team staffers guys getting gifts from athletes out of appreciation for doing their jobs and the report never links getting memorabilia as a 'reward' for deflating balls (autograph discussion happens pages 9-10).

As far as the bathroom and missing balls thing goes I won't deny that it's probably the most damning aspect of the report, but it is possible that even if there was tampering, the deflation wasn't supposed to go below the legal limit and that this was more due to the concern that the Refs 'fucked them' during the Jets game when Jastremski noted that he tested balls at 'almost 16 PSI' the following day [exchanges below]. It should also be noted the Colts balls were initially at about 13 PSI a piece and lost about .5 PSI between the pre-game check and halftime. I would say it therefore stands to reason that with that if the Pats balls were initially at 12.5 they'd appear underinflated at the half, particularly when you know Brady probably has his own techniques to lower the PSI level a few more ticks, such how he previously stated how he liked the way the Gronk spike "deflates the ball" back in 2011.

This is the Jets 16 PSI inflation passage btw:

I'm not trying to say absolutely nothing happened because I don't know. The idea however that this is any way shape or form proof of "fraudulence" or has any effect on the legitimacy of Brady's legacy or the accomplishments of this team or any other is laughable.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By GameboyTroy

I can't wait for the season to start. The Bills are going to be so awesome. The only weakness that they have is at QB on the 53 man roster. Their gm is a genius. I love it.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 yokofox33

Only the Jaguars...

Dante Fowler Jr tears his ACL during the first fucking practice. KILL ME.