2008 nfl draft

This topic is locked from further discussion.

halowpb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 halowpb
Member since 2007 • 259 Posts

who do you guys tink will be the #1 overall draft pick on the nfl draft.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 manningbowl135
Member since 2006 • 7457 Posts

Dorsey or Long. Safe picks probably. McFadden could be it with teams hoping for the next AD.

It'll be Long at the end I think.

I hope the Giants take a safety.

EDIT: I mean Jake Long, not Chris.

twopic58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 twopic58
Member since 2007 • 3710 Posts

Dorsey or Long. Safe picks probably. McFadden could be it with teams hoping for the next AD.

It'll be Long at the end I think.

manningbowl135

Agreed.

Jawsh12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jawsh12
Member since 2007 • 246 Posts
I don't know but i want McFadden to go high
Avatar image for comstrikeiscool
comstrikeiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 comstrikeiscool
Member since 2004 • 3616 Posts
Imagine McFadden going to New England...uh oh.
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts
Imagine McFadden going to New England...uh oh.comstrikeiscool
why? Patriots actually running the ball:lol:
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts
They've already got a solid back that they don't use. Why take another?
TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts

I want Mcfadden to go high. His face last night at the Heisman presentation was just too much, the guy was broken you could tell...

That being said, if he hadn't of sucked so hard against Auburn (What was it...43 yards?) he woulda gotten it...

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

[QUOTE="comstrikeiscool"]Imagine McFadden going to New England...uh oh.murlow12
They've already got a solid back that they don't use. Why take another?

To piss everyone off. Why the hell not? Its the Pats.

Glenn Dorsey will probably be drafted first. The Dolphins desperately need an amazing defensive player.

geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 geaux321
Member since 2003 • 19424 Posts

I want Mcfadden to go high. His face last night at the Heisman presentation was just too much, the guy was broken you could tell...

That being said, if he hadn't of sucked so hard against Auburn (What was it...43 yards?) he woulda gotten it...

TheSystemLord1

He didn't suck so hard, Auburn's defense was just tenacious that night.

N15PCA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 N15PCA
Member since 2006 • 261 Posts
I don't know who going to be number 1 pick in this yearNFL draft. All know is that the Dallas Cowboys first round pick their got from Browns who be much if the Browns keep wining games.:cry:
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CommanderShiro
I don't know who going to be number 1 pick in this yearNFL draft. All know is that the Dallas Cowboys first round pick their got from Browns who be much if the Browns keep wining games.:cry:N15PCA
lol Man I was thinking the Browns would still have a crappy season and give Dallas a good pick last year. But it doesn't seem it will turn out that way.
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#13 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
The Miami Dolphins are currently on the clock.
B05T0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 B05T0N
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
Dorsey without a doubt. Guy is a monster.
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts
i think the dolphins broke the nfl record with the longest time ever on the clock. It started September 7th....
Eman5805

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Eman5805
Member since 2004 • 4494 Posts

i think the dolphins broke the nfl record with the longest time ever on the clock. It started September 7th....NetYankEagle

"And with the first pick of the 2008 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select DeSean Jackson, University of California."

TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts

[QUOTE="NetYankEagle"]i think the dolphins broke the nfl record with the longest time ever on the clock. It started September 7th....Eman5805

"And with the first pick of the 2008 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select DeSean Jackson, University of California."

"well he had a great career, he will soon join the ranks of Larry Fitzgerald and Matt Leinart in the category of 'huge college players we never hear from again because they play for a black-hole team'."

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

[QUOTE="NetYankEagle"]i think the dolphins broke the nfl record with the longest time ever on the clock. It started September 7th....Eman5805

No. No. It won't be DeSean Jackson, but :shock: Mario Manningham!!!!

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CommanderShiro
[QUOTE="Eman5805"]

[QUOTE="NetYankEagle"]i think the dolphins broke the nfl record with the longest time ever on the clock. It started September 7th....TheSystemLord1

"well he had a great career, he will soon join the ranks of Larry Fitzgerald and Matt Leinart in the category of 'huge college players we never hear from again because they play for a black-hole team'."

We still hear about Fitzgerald. He went to the Pro Bowl last year after all. ANd hes probably going to go to more.
fudger2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#20 fudger2
Member since 2004 • 2315 Posts
I think that there is a 75% chance that jason tayor will be out of miami next year so we know theyre going defense. I know that Virginias DE (i think its long) is a top 10 pick but with Glenn Dorsey, who knows? The dolphins are retarded by picking ted ginn so whos to say they wont mess up this year and pass on dorsey. Wasnt mario williams from virginia too?
B05T0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 B05T0N
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
I think that there is a 75% chance that jason tayor will be out of miami next year so we know theyre going defense. I know that Virginias DE (i think its long) is a top 10 pick but with Glenn Dorsey, who knows? The dolphins are retarded by picking ted ginn so whos to say they wont mess up this year and pass on dorsey. Wasnt mario williams from virginia too? fudger2

NC State.
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts
1. Miami - Glen Dorsey, DT LSU - Im not sure if Dorsey is the best player in the draft but he is the best fit for the Dolphins. Ronnie Brown is a superstar in the making so drafting McFadden would not be a good idea. There gonna try out Beck in the future so that throws out the QB question. Only other option other than trading down here would be Chris Long, but it's a bit of a reach if you ask me.
2. New England (from San Francisco) - Darren McFadden RB, Arkansas - Well f*** the Niners we should all say. Okay so why a RB? Why? Im sure many of you are asking that question. With Maroney in the picture how could McFadden fit in? Well McFadden shared the ball with Felix Jones another 1st rounder, and we know McFadden can take 30 carries a game in the NFL. I think the better question is...how can you pass him up if your the Pats?
3. New York Jets - Chris Long, DE Virginia - Chris Long may be the best player in the draft. He is also the perfect 3-4 DE, so a great pick by the Jets here.
4. Atlanta - Matt Ryan QB, Boston College - Brian Brohm and Petrino are back toghether...oh wait..wtf? He took Ryan? Yes he did. After this year it's clear to me that Ryan is the more complete QB out of the 2. We have all seen ex coaches take another player of the same position over their former player. It doesn't always work (William Green over Portis for Buch Davis) but it happens.
5. St. Louis - Jake Long OT, Michigan - Has there been a more dissapointing team this year than the Rams? Okay maybe the Bengals but the Rams are right up there. Part of that reason is their o-line is horrible. Many people have Long as the number 1 player in the draft. With Pace being injured on a constant basis, this should be a no-brainer.
6. Cincinnati - Calais Campbell, DE Miami (FL) - Bengals defense is pathetic. They have a total of 18 sacks, 3rd worst in the NFL. No player has over 2 sacks. Meanwhile we can all blame Chad for having a mouth.
7. Oakland - Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC - Sapp turns 35 this year and they really have no one behind him. Ellis can stop the run and he has huge upside.
8. Kansas City - Vernon Gholston, DE, Ohio State - Is Croyle the answer? No but no one's stock has been rising more than Gholston. He beat top 5 pick Jake Long about every other play a few weeks ago and accounted for 3 sacks vs Long. Reminds me alot of Merriman, could also play OLB in a 3-4 scheme. Too much talent to pass up here.
9. Baltimore - Andre Woodson QB, Kentucky - McNair is done and Boller? Well he isn't the long term answer. Would not surprise me if they reach on DeShean Jackson here either, but QB is their biggest need imo.
10. New Orleans - Malcolm Jenkings, CB, Ohio State - NO pass defense is terrible. Ranked 28th in the league, you draft Jenkins right now he would most likely start. Best corner in the nation by far, great pick here if your the Saints.
11. Houston - Kenny Phillips, S, Miami (FL) - Texans have surprisingly done pretty good as far as pass defense. Ranked 13th in the league. Of course when you play the Titans and Jags twice a year, it helps. Safety is a need for them, but don't be surprised if they take a RB here or a WR.
12. Denver - James Laurinaitis, MLB, Ohio State - Huge steal here if this actually happens, Laurinaitis is a top 10 pick and top 5 in many experts views. Pretty much the whole Denver defense is horrible this year. The Bly and Bailey duo hasen't really worked the way they wanted it too. But really the biggest need is the front 7, and I think Denver goes with a MLB.
13. Carolina - Dan Connor, OLB/MLB, Penn State - Morgan is out again...surprised? No. This is a great pick here, Panthers only have 16 sacks in 13 weeks. Can you believe a d-line with Peppers and Jenkins struggling to get to the QB? Connor will do his job as a MLB, stopping the run and covering the middle of the field will help them get sacks.
14. Chicago - Johnathan Stewart, RB, Oregon - Yes the Bears have given up on Benson already. They might go QB here, but everyoen expects them to either go after McNabb or maybe even Derrek Anderson if he doesn't sign longterm.
15. Philadelphia - Deshean Jackson, WR, Cal - Kevin Curtis is your number 1 reciever....enough said.
16. Washington - Ryan Clady, OT, Boise State - Line is aging really bad and it's not as good as it used to be. Corner is also another possibility and safety as well, R.I.P Sean Taylor. For the record, no way they get a safety in the 1st round..can you imagine the pressure that kid will have?
17. Arizona - Derrick Harvey, DE/OLB. Florida - Upside, Upside, Upside. That's what your drafting when you draft Harvey. If the Draft was based on upside Harvey would be a top 5 pick. With a young team like the Cards, they can take a risk here. Cards need DB's as well but Harvey could be a steal...or a bust.
18. Buffalo - Malcolm Kelly WR, Oklahoma - Bills need offensive help bad. They need to put a good offense around Trent Edwards. Lee Evans and Lynch are great, but after that it's really pathetic. Reed is nothing more than a nice return man and Kelly would be starting next to Evans come week 1.
19. Minnesota - Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville - Yeah I have him going this low. Look Tavaris Jackson has looked good the past couple of weeks and if they make the playoffs with him then this pick is out of the window and WR is probally the option. But right now..Tavaris Jackson the future? I'll take Brohm.
20. Detroit - Reggie Smith, CB, Oklahoma - Bly is gone and so are the WR's facing the Lions every week...gone to the endzone I mean. Lions have no corners and they take the best available corner here, who I think is Smith.
21. Dallas (from Cleveland) - Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas - Henry is getting old fast and his move to safety might be welcomed alot sooner than later.
22. Tennessee - Early Doucet, WR, LSU - Brandon Jones, Roland Williams...please take a WR..please! BTW I have a gut feeling that they might go DT here if Haynesworth is gone.
23. San Diego - Keith Rivers, LB, USC - Really this pick is based on best player available. DT is also a need, with Jamal Williams turning 32 and Castillo being injured.
24. Seattle - Felix Jones, RB, Arkansas - Felix Jones would be a Heisman candidate if he started anywhere else other than Arkansas. Great natural running back and great return man as well. Alexander is declining and his seems to be a pick for the future.
25. Tampa Bay - Limas Sweed, WR, Texas - How much longer can Galloway carry this offense? Seriously they need WR. Clayton hasen't done anything since his rookie year and after that there isn't much there. CB is also a possibility as Barber is nearing the end. If Brohm falls this low, don't be surprised.
26. New York Giants - Mike Jenkins, CB, South Florida - The secondary is emberrasing. Really no good safetys to reach on here. WR may also be an option as Toomer is done and after Plax you really have only Moss who doesn't look like much.
27. Jacksonville - James Hardy, WR, Indiana - Dennis Northcutt is your leading receiver...enough said.
28. Pittsburgh - Sam Baker, OT, USC - That o-line is getting old. OG might also be the pick here to replace Faneca but Baker is a steal here.
29. Green Bay - Jack Ikegwuonu, CB, Wisconsin - Hometown kid, very underrated cornerback. IMO he won't enter the draft but if he does the Packers would love to have him here.
30. San Francisco (from Indianapolis) - D.J. Hall, WR, Alabama - Can anyone name a reciever from the Niners? Jackson? Okay who else? A bit of a reach here but WR is a big must if they want to get Gore, Davis and Alex Smith some help.
31. Dallas - Steve Slaton, RB, West Virginia - I believe Julius Jones is gone, and Barber is a brutal bone crushign kinda of back and frankly you don't want him to be a full time 25 carries a game starter. Slaton and Barber will do great, Slaton can run with the ball well in open spaces so expect Dallas to use him as a receiving back.
32. New England (pick forfeited for cheating!)
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#23 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Ok, didnt read all that espurs, but nice job.
bball_playa010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 bball_playa010
Member since 2006 • 672 Posts
Glenn Dorsey, Darren McFadden, or Tim Tebow. 8)
geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 geaux321
Member since 2003 • 19424 Posts

Glenn Dorsey, Darren McFadden, or Tim Tebow. 8)bball_playa010

Tebow isn't going pro, yet.

bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
That's what the latest Rivals.com mock draft says.