RyantheHedgehog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 99

User Lists: 0

#1 RyantheHedgehog
Member since 2008 • 66 Posts

1) The ranks now I like it in Sonic Adventure 1 and Sonic Advance 3 but is were down now

like your about to finish the stage but you die and now you get an E rank its like a kick to the balls

2) Leveling up like a RPG its a sonic game why?

3) stop adding new sonic characters its just bad

add sonic comic characters that would be cool..... I think :|

Avatar image for deactivated-5c35826ea3913
deactivated-5c35826ea3913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#2 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
Member since 2004 • 5298 Posts

No, I like the ranking system. Adds replay value when you go back and try to get S ranks.

yes, the level up system is worthless in a Sonic game.

yes, we don't need new characters. We actually don't need the vast majority of the characters we have. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Robotnik should be it and I mean IT.

You contradict yourself. You say "stop adding new sonic characters", then you say "add sonic comic characters".......

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#3 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

Let's just get this out of the way.

THEY WILL NEVER MAKE A GAME BASED ON SATAM OR THE COMICS EVER! No matter how much you beg and plead. Enjoy that Swat Bot reference they had in Chronicles because THAT's the closest you'll ever get to a game based on SatAM/comics.

I will say that if Sega's going to continue to try to tell a story, then they should hire some of the comic writers then the story might actually be competent but we all know THAT isn't going to happen.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#4 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
Bring back some of the old badniks which were cool. The ranking system was a cool idea that I liked you won't believe how much I played Sonic Adventure 2 because of it. How about just get rid of most of the cast and keep Sonic,Knuckles,Tails and Eggman and maybe bring back Metal Sonic.
Bluegreen17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Bluegreen17
Member since 2009 • 1061 Posts
It's too bad they'd never use the comic characters - they have some pretty good characters there.
Avatar image for -SpikyBlueHero-
-SpikyBlueHero-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 -SpikyBlueHero-
Member since 2007 • 2176 Posts
Let's just get this out of the way.

THEY WILL NEVER MAKE A GAME BASED ON SATAM OR THE COMICS EVER! No matter how much you beg and plead. Enjoy that Swat Bot reference they had in Chronicles because THAT's the closest you'll ever get to a game based on SatAM/comics.

I will say that if Sega's going to continue to try to tell a story, then they should hire some of the comic writers then the story might actually be competent but we all know THAT isn't going to happen.kbaily

There's been references to SatAM, mind you. Spinball had those cameo appearances, and even a full-fledged game was possible back in the day.

If SEGA actually gives the nod to another licensed television show, a third season of SatAM would be a viable option. Ben Hurst is eager to revive the series, and episodes have already been written up. Granted, a future season would probably don an anime-ish art styIe (How many Saturday morning cartoons are something other than anime or CGI nowadays?) and the script would need to be clever enough to appeal to both old fans and draw in new kids who hadn't a clue about SatAM beforehand.

If that would come to fruition, and the syndication was successful, then the door to a TV-based game could fly wide open.

Avatar image for RyantheHedgehog
RyantheHedgehog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RyantheHedgehog

its not like the ranks are bad its that it makes the game unfun at times

what they could do is after you do a stage you get a setting to put ranks on or off for the stages you have completed :D

ChildOfGaming7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 ChildOfGaming7
Member since 2008 • 1009 Posts

1. I would like them to focus on Sonic and his speed. Sonic Unleashed did that very well, but no one asked for a werehog brawling stages...Even though I like the PS3/360 ones...

2. Continuitiy! We've had Sonic in the real world, Sonic in the future, and Sonic in an alternate earth. In each Sonic game, The NPCs look different and so does the world of Sonic. How did he get into a distopia like in Sonic Riders? I'd like Sega to focas on one world out of the above and keep it at that!

3. I'd like to see at least some characters other than just Tails and Amy. I really like al the characters and I won't mind their inclusions as long as Sonic is playable...

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 chocolate1325
If some characters are fun to play as then fine but if they are boring then no.
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#10 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111411 Posts
I think the ranking system is good. The level up system worked well in Sonic Heroes and Unleashed (Wii/PS2), and yes they need to stop with the new characters. There's enough. Instead of making us play or see more characters, I'd even be okay with them using other, already existing characters at this point.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 chocolate1325
I also liked the customising in Sonic and the Secret Rings.
kjhg53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kjhg53
Member since 2008 • 30455 Posts
One thing I liked about Black Knight was getting items. Only a few of them mattered like if you die you start off with 10 rings but still it was a nice part of the game.
Avatar image for Mister__Awesome
Mister__Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Mister__Awesome
Member since 2009 • 2439 Posts
Camera should be fixed just a bit, and they should return to the Adventure series on what made them good.
DarkSmokeNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 DarkSmokeNinja
Member since 2008 • 3485 Posts

1) The ranks now I like it in Sonic Adventure 1 and Sonic Advance 3 but is were down now

like your about to finish the stage but you die and now you get an E rank its like a kick to the balls

RyantheHedgehog

I disagree with some of your points

The ranking system is awsome, if its like it was in Sonic Unleashed for Wii.

Leveling Sonic up to make him faster is great.

I agree with stop adding more characters, but as for adding the comic characters...as many characters as there were in the Archie comics its just like adding a whole army of characters to the Sonic series. Also Sonic has enough rivals (Silver, Metal Sonic, Shadow, and Knuckles) Scourge is awsome but it would be ridiculus to add him in a Sonic game. 1 Rival to Sonic is enough, but 6 rivals is TOO MUCH.

Desulated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#15 Desulated
Member since 2005 • 30952 Posts
I think Sonic needs some definite improvements since he's been going downhill lately.
Adzey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Adzey
Member since 2004 • 389 Posts

1. NO GIMMICKS (looking at you werewolf)

2. Stop with the pointless characters, cut it down to the ones in the early Sonic years, Tails, Amy, Knuckles, ROBOTNIK, Chaotix (maybe) and thats IT.

3. Stop making stupid levels that slow you down, focus it on speed, that's always what Sonic was good at, either that or have different levels for different characters, might take a while but if you have speed levels for Sonic, Flying and Obsticle based levels for Tails and Destruction and battle based levels with Knuckles that might work, take what you learned from previous Sonic games.

sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 sonictrainer
Member since 2008 • 15187 Posts

RyantheHedgehog

1. That creates the challenge.

2. I guess it depends on the game...

3. I believe the character that most comic fans would want in the games is Scourge, which would be awesome.:D Maybe Bioware will help us out in Chronicles 2.

kjhg53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kjhg53
Member since 2008 • 30455 Posts

2. Stop with the pointless characters, cut it down to the ones in the early Sonic years, Tails, Amy, Knuckles, ROBOTNIK, Chaotix (maybe) and thats IT.

Adzey

The only reason they would need Chaotix is if they were to do a Knuckles' Chaotix 2.

Adzey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 Adzey
Member since 2004 • 389 Posts
[QUOTE="Adzey"]

kjhg53

The only reason they would need Chaotix is if they were to do a Knuckles' Chaotix 2.

That's why I said maybe but yeah they are kinda original characters so I don't mind them at all, they can be in any Sonic game they like

Avatar image for Shadow_Olimar23
Shadow_Olimar23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Shadow_Olimar23
Member since 2005 • 1340 Posts
[QUOTE="Adzey"]

kjhg53

I somewhat agree but I say leave out Amy and the Chaotrix as well...

Leave behind: Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Metal Sonic, and Robotnik (and revert his name back to Robotnik (not Eggman)). 

ValtheJean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ValtheJean
Member since 2005 • 966 Posts

I think we fail to recognize that pretty much (not entirely sure so correct me if I'm wrong) every character excluding Sonic was introduced at some point.  I think adding characters is different than adding annoying characters who have no value.  Nobody complains about Tails and Knuckles, and I can understand why they're considered "originals" but you have to understand it isn't the fact that they're adding characters.  It's that they're adding characters who suck.  Let's face it, some added characters were enjoyed (to some degree) and others failed miserably (need I even mention any?).  I think instead of focusing on "not adding characters" they should be focused on "developing" characters.  Which can either mean evolving an already existing character, or introducing a relevant (and logical) addition to the series.  Think about it, LucasArts spits out a new character from their *** every two minutes.  Some of them are welcome additions (Kyle Katarn) while others are not (Rosh Penin).  Heh...now I actually want to play JA again just to kill Rosh.

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 sonicphc
Member since 2005 • 7779 Posts
I love how you managed to pull that off without mentioning a single specific character outside of the genesis era, Val, and yet without appearing to know almost nothing about the franchise you're discussing! :D But, seriously, it's a good point. I had no qualms with Blaze, despite her "character newness". Weak plots surround her, so there's not much dialogue to hate her for, and her gameplay is significantly different enough from Sonic's to make it worth playing as both from time to time.
ValtheJean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ValtheJean

I love how you managed to pull that off without mentioning a single specific character outside of the genesis era, Val, and yet without appearing to know almost nothing about the franchise you're discussing! :D sonicphc

Hehe, that little talent is what got me an A in APEL.  Seriously, I had no idea what I was saying.  But, I guess I just have control over the element of BS.  Now, when I collect 7 colorful stones I become that which everyone fears: A Politician.

Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Cloud_765

I fear no politicians. They use slander and arrogance to win their campaigns.

As for the whole introducing character thing I'll say this: Why introduce ANY new characters when they're already enough to work with? They can chuck out those they aren't willing to develop and develop the characters they will keep.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
the backstory of the sonic mythos is trite and poorly writen. It's as if they're making it up just off the cuff as they go along. I don't wanna know sliver's backstory or who should be the proper "rival" for Sonic. Sonic doesn't NEED a rival, he needs a nemesis. Dr. Robotnik. The extra characters need to be gone. They just do.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 chocolate1325

Yes the Shadow backstory was ridiculous. Sonic does see Eggman I think more as a rival now instead of enemy.

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kbaily

Yes the Shadow backstory was ridiculous. Sonic does see Eggman I think more as a rival now instead of enemy.

chocolate1325

Well the problem there lies in the fact that every game since Sonic Adventure no longer features him as the final boss. It always ends up being the thing he was trying release, control or steal power from.

Sonic Adventure: Perfect Chaos

Sonic Adventure 2: Sonic battles Shadow at the end of his story, Tails battles Eggman and they team up to defeat the Biolizard.

Sonic Heroes: Metal Sonic Overlord who locked Eggman in the storage room.

Sonic Advance 3: The gizoid robot goes out of control and Eggman and Super Sonic have to team up to stop it.

Sonic Riders: That Genie thing if you call that a "boss fight."

Shadow: Black Doom

Sonic 2006: Solaris (thought at least Sonic got to fight Eggman in a large robotic dragon)

Secret Rings: Erazor Djinn though in fairness he was brought in as a new villian with Eggman only making a cameo.

Unleashed: Dark Gaia (though at least you had a decent battle with Eggman beforehand).

Black Knight: King Arthur and from what I heard, you then fight that girl who was helping you.

Though I do recall at the end of Sonic Rush Adventure despite Captain Whisker being the main boss here, it turned out he was a creation made by the combined efforts of Dr. Eggman and Eggman Nega who then summoned forth the final boss for Sonic and Blaze to fight (and that was a decent battle).

But that's the big problem is no one takes Eggman seriously as a villain because he's always getting bumped off now as the pre-final boss at best. Stepping down to some big, evil creature. At least Bowser still tries to be threatening now and again. The last time he still kidnapped the princess but was also trying to destroy the galaxy and did a fair job terrorizing the mushroom citizens at the beginning.

Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Cloud_765
Yes, kbaily. The Rush games featured Eggman/Eggman Nega final bosses. Captain Whisker and Johnny were made by them, and Eggman and Eggman Nega had a powerful wizard robot that needed the Scepter to become as strong as possible. Sonic and Blaze had to destroy said wizard robot in the Earth's Core.
ValtheJean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ValtheJean

Hopefully the sequel to Chronicles will amend that little problem.  They certainly made it very clear that Eggman was going to be a main (if not) significant enemy in the sequel.  I would only hope that they wont throw in any of that "unlocking stolen power crap" or something.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 chocolate1325
I do think while not a final boss in the Sonic games he still does have a affect on the story.
RyantheHedgehog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 RyantheHedgehog

I dont hate the ranking its jus takes the mic when you end up getting a E rank from you dieing next to goal.

It should be when you complete the level you have a option to put ranks on or off for that level.

I like the ranks on sonic Games is just alienating new gamers.

RyantheHedgehog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 RyantheHedgehog

AND WHO THE HELL LIKES BIG THE CAT PIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kbaily

Hopefully the sequel to Chronicles will amend that little problem. They certainly made it very clear that Eggman was going to be a main (if not) significant enemy in the sequel. I would only hope that they wont throw in any of that "unlocking stolen power crap" or something.

ValtheJean

If Eggman is going to be the final boss of this game, let's see Bioware do something really cool. Eggman in his lust for power and dominace over the planet realizes he's made the mistake in the past of trying to "control" a creature like Dark Gaia or Chaos or create a machine like Metal Sonic that becomes sentient and instead finds a way to harness the power of the Emeralds to turn himself into a Chaos monster,god whatever. (think Kefka from FFVI) Then you fight this final, giagantic hideous super Eggman and instead of just Sonic getting super allow Shadow to turn super as well and bring back Hyper Tails and Knuckles for this (or if they bring in Silver or Blaze we can use their super forms I guess). Eggman doesn't have to die at the end, but the fight prevents him from permanent absorbing power again.

Now we have a good, dark Sonic story and Eggman is a genuinely threatening villian again.

ValtheJean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ValtheJean

If Eggman is going to be the final boss of this game, let's see Bioware do something really cool. Eggman in his lust for power and dominace over the planet realizes he's made the mistake in the past of trying to "control" a creature like Dark Gaia or Chaos or create a machine like Metal Sonic that becomes sentient and instead finds a way to harness the power of the Emeralds to turn himself into a Chaos monster,god whatever. (think Kefka from FFVI) Then you fight this final, giagantic hideous super Eggman and instead of just Sonic getting super allow Shadow to turn super as well and bring back Hyper Tails and Knuckles for this (or if they bring in Silver or Blaze we can use their super forms I guess). Eggman doesn't have to die at the end, but the fight prevents him from permanent absorbing power again.

Now we have a good, dark Sonic story and Eggman is a genuinely threatening villian again.

kbaily

I think that idea has merits, but I'm just not too enthusiastic about the "Final Boss Transformation Thing".  I mean, don't get me wrong, FF6 is my favorite game out of the entire FF series (possibly even my favorite game ever), but I just think the whole "Now I've absorbed X element and become Y super being" is just overdone.  When it gets to a point that Capcom ruins their best character (Wesker) with the whole "Now I've absorbed the new virus, I AM TEH UBR ZOMBI!!!!!!!" you start to realize how exhausted the idea is.  Bioware is an extremely creative company, and I felt that recent games (such as Chronicles or KotORII) were too demanding time-wise, and prevented them from really making something worthwhile.  (Although KoTORII had a lot going for it, they just had to cut pretty much everything). 

I think Eggman should be a "final boss", but it should be something much more than "OMG I EZ TEH NEW UBR BOSS".  Perhaps this time Eggman DOES overcome Sonic and the Gang through shear intellect (I.E plays off of Sonic's stereotype of just running in [considering that's pretty much what he does every time], kind of similar in Unleashed where he expects Sonic to come bouldering through), but then is overcome by the combined effort of (Forgive me, it's been a while since I played Chronicles) the Echidnas [Insert the tribes name...was it Gi or something?] and the other befriended aliens, who manage to break free from their realm, and confront Eggman's (Inevitable) robot army, giving the gang their one chance to finish him before he overwhelms them.  I'll admit, this idea has been done a lot too, but I'm just saying that they should try to branch out into different ideas.  I think Bioware has the talent to break out from current Sonic stereotypes.  With that, I have high expectations for the sequel if and when it does eventually come out.

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sonicphc
Robotnik just needs to build a really awesome robot again, really. Remember the giant likeness of himself that shot fire out of its nostrils and blasted the hell out of everything with the master emerald from Sonic and Knuckles? Yeah, that was awesome.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
yeah, or that giant likeness of himself that took 12 hits to destroy at the end of Sonic 2 (that could be done in less than 2 cycles if you're 1337)?
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 sonicphc
If only I were that 1337. :(
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Cloud_765
I could not hit him like that. I could land 2 or maybe 3 hits on him before I had to back off.
Menalque2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Menalque2
Member since 2007 • 2630 Posts

1.) Laggy, imprecise controls

2.) Some of the voice actors (especially Tails, keep the guy who voices Eggman though)

3.) Bad PS3 ports (missing shadows in Sonic '06, missing windmill blades in Sonic Unleashed)

Otherwise, I'm pretty satisfied with the direction the series is taking.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5c35826ea3913

I could not hit him like that. I could land 2 or maybe 3 hits on him before I had to back off.Cloud_765

1. only Sonic can jump high enough to get him. (right on the chest, above the spike hands)

2. each time he takes a step and stops as well as when he bends down when he first lands are all vulnerable spots.

3. try to get behind him when he goes up. yes you can't hit him but you make up for it using the above method and it's easier to dodge the lil robotnik bombs than it is to dodge his flying hands.