Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#2 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
Member since 2004 • 5298 Posts

it would be on a Nintendo console...

It would be well taken care of

It would be teased years before it comes out and forgotten

It would signal a significant shift of internal affairs at SEGA if it was a success

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

User Lists: 0

#3 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

It would signal a significant shift of internal affairs at SEGA if it was a success

whoozwah

Agreed and the game would contain NONE of the following.

• Being forced to play as annoying friends no one cares about.
  • guns
  • swords
  • hoverboards
  • Overly long and ridiculous backstory.
  • Voice acting

ZXPegasus_exe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 ZXPegasus_exe
Member since 2007 • 594 Posts
[QUOTE="whoozwah"]

kbaily

Agreed and the game would contain NONE of the following.

• Being forced to play as annoying friends no one cares about.
  • guns
  • swords
  • hoverboards
  • Overly long and ridiculous backstory.
  • Voice acting

OK not to put a spanner in the works or anything but just a question: What exact gurantee is there to all of this happening if intendo got a hold of Sonic? currently we assume becasue of the way they handle their own games they'll do the same to this however, in this case its not starting anew with fresh idea but aquiring something that already has ideas and thigns set in stone. For example, You talk about being forced to play as annoying friends but nintendo may decide to do it, since atleast some of the extra cast are interesting. I mean fair enough there not going to be as bad as SEGA now but isn't the assumption that Nintendo will just make everything better like that abit blind?It's a possibility that SEGA could do some good and make a great sonic game (Unleashed for 360/PS3 was getting there) i mean what with their new Hedgehog engine and the feedback they got from the daytime stages. But its also a possibility that they could sell it to nintendo and they'll take the mario route with it i.e. only sonic, extra characters may be included but only sonic playable. I'm on the fence about this. I believe it could happen and then it couldn't but what do you think?

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kbaily

Most of us see Nintendo as a company of innovation and quality. Mario's had his gimmicks like FLUDD, sure but they were always implemented well instead of just copy/pasted into the game to see if they stick.

And as Whoozwah pointed out, in terms of money, Nintendo's better off. Notice there hasn't been a glut of Mario Party/sports games recently? Mainly because Nintendo doesn't need the easy cash from those like they did in the GC era that and the third party shovelware is making plenty of medicore sports/party games right now. One thing about Nintendo is that they DON'T release a game until it's FINISHED unlike the last few Sonic games (particularly 2006) that had to be done in time for Christmas and get shoved out for the kids. Games like Super Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3 often got pushed back numerous times but it paid off. Miyamoto said "a delayed game is eventually good (except for Too Human and a few others) but a bad game is bad forever!" and no amount of DLC or patches change that.

The biggest reason many have pointed to Sonic's games being so medicore is more or less, the developers (who even acknowledge this) are never given enough TIME to polish the games. Sometimes I think Sonic and the Black Knight might have been better if Sega had waited for Wiimotion Plus and implemented that especially if they were so hell bent on implementing sword fighting into a Sonic game. Then the swordplay might have been decent, plus in the months waiting for Wiimotion Plus, could've been put into making more levels, improving the multiplayer aspects, putting in optional GC controls. Who knows?

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#6 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
Nintendo would certainly revive Sonic.
Avatar image for RyantheHedgehog
RyantheHedgehog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 99

#7 RyantheHedgehog
Member since 2008 • 66 Posts

and the game will be tested by lots of ppl

I would like it if sega give sonic to nintendo but let sonic team help but only the ones that have minds

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kbaily

I would like it if sega give sonic to nintendo but let sonic team help but only the ones that have minds

RyantheHedgehog

Did you know on Sonic 2006, the video game testers told Sega the game was terrible and got fired?

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#9 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
[QUOTE="RyantheHedgehog"]

kbaily

Did you know on Sonic 2006, the video game testers told Sega the game was terrible and got fired?

I actually didn't know that.
Avatar image for deactivated-59be76f5a5388
deactivated-59be76f5a5388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 deactivated-59be76f5a5388
Member since 2006 • 11372 Posts

It would be good, and the leprachauns and woodland critters would dine on bubblegum pie while God, Buddha and Muhammed Ali boogie boarded on a rainbow.

Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#11 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111411 Posts
Actually I have to say not much would be changed. I mean Nintendo would have to work to try and keep the series from going off-track, at yet still appeal. And due to all the filler.... let's just say it'd take lots of elbow grease.