barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 barren167
Member since 2011 • 2606 Posts
I'm not worried, I like most of your past characters. And an alternate universe ought to have some characters similar, I'd think, or we might as well just call it a totally separate and disattached universe.
"That's no good, how'm I supposed to get James in now?" Lenny rolled his eyes. "Technically, you're not 'supposed' to anyway. As for how, I might know, but I'm not saying anything." Which, of course, meant Chan now knew. "Who put you in charge of what I'm supposed to do? Wait, don't answer that, I might have to listen." Lenny smirked, and looked about to say something when Chan clapped his hands to his ears. Lenny instead took the ring out, and tried it on to size it up. "Fits perfectly, means i'll go just right on you too. Planned, or coincidental, you think?" "I'll vote coincidence that this seems to be put together just for us, you can take planned. Five bucks work?" "Deal." Lenny nodded, and they shook on it. Easiest way to hand money over to Chan without anyone guessing, since Lenny was not actually expecting them to be a part of anyone's plans. They'd escaped scrutiny this long, to all appearances they were just normal twins that were sons of a mechanical worker. No one should be picking them out from anyone in the crowd that was this planet's populace.
22:00 Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise. Thus, Lenny had been in bed and "sleeping" for almost an hour now in preparation for the relatively big test tomorrow after a few hours of studying, while Chan had finished a hastily written report and was putting in more work on his latest barely legal mechanical device, a robot with the capabilities of differentiating colors. So far all he'd been able to get it to do was tell apart black cans from white, but then Dad switched sodas again, and Chan didn't have the funds to buy any of his own and find a way to dispose of them (something in pop was horribly corrosive to his artificial digestive system, so he and Lenny had to abstain), and had had to switch to red versus green, which required starting over differentiation when it was 90% done. If it did get complete, Chan planned to patent the technology and use it for more legal purposes, like determining the most rotten eggs to throw for him (based on the color of their insides). Not that he couldn't do that on his own, but a helping hand was always nice, since he couldn't get Lenny anywhere near the castle with him. In addition, he wanted to study that box more, specifically the ring. He had the idea it was familiar, but couldn't place it, which disturbed him. Hypothetically, he had a perfect memory, but there were occasional glitches in that regard, meaning he could occasionally have memory issues. So he worked on his robot while thinking on it. Maybe it was one of the part developers' logos...
BABYLON1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 BABYLON1990
Member since 2007 • 1732 Posts

"hmm... four matches going on at once. Its certainly innovating. Im used to battles being one on one, but this really takes the cake. four one on one battles going on at once... even a small influence in one battle could completely change the tide of another battle. Its risky, but im sure the audience will like it, which is important since it gives us more funds to help the outer areas... I think its a pretty good idea, as long as its well organized."

Babylon looked down at the package

"What's this package for again?"

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#103 sonicphc
Member since 2005 • 7779 Posts
EDIT: Things happened while I was writing this! Updates to come in a second. EDIT EDIT: Done :) 12:20 - Coliseum Top Floor Newton shrugged. "Supposedly it contains your invite to the trade show, as well as a request for you to give a speech, you know, being the NMG's prized tournament fighter and all. I didn't pay too much attention, like I said. I've got a lot going on." He paused for a brief moment to think. He appeared to completely check out mentally for just a second before snapping out of it. He quickly put a hand on Babylon's shoulder and said, "But hey, I'm glad you don't think I'm totally insane. Listen, I'm going to downstairs and stick you on the roster. Feel free to go down to the arena floor and check out the new setup, or go watch some of the auditions down below the arena on floor B1. Let me know if you need anything. I need your performance to be a real, uhm, show-stopper on Saturday..." (The package, probably unsurprisingly at this point, contains one of those small, blue, crystalline rings and a letter detailing the time of the event and the fact that Paulo would like Babylon to give the opening speech.)
12:40 - Coliseum South Gate A bulldog guarding the stairs laughed at Isaac and his friend. "A little lost, are we?" he asked. "Did you miss the giant line of people out by the East gate? I hope you brought sunscreen. I hear it's a four hour wait right now." A orange tabby emerged from the lower stairwell, shaking his head and asking, "Are we really up to four hours now? We really, really need to make this process more efficient." "I very much agree, director," the bulldog said, "but I can't say I don't mind the overtime pay on guard duty." "Of course you wouldn't..." Newton walked over to Isaac and said, "Sorry, but I can't do much for you right now. You're going to have to stand in line like everyone else. It would look really bad on me if I just let people cut ahead on the first tournament I've ever directed, so-" Newton stopped to scan Isaac's person. As his eyes moved about, his demeanor quickly changed. "Ah, uhm, that's interesting. Forget what I said. Lucas, go ahead and take them downstairs. Have Lauren audition them. It's times like these that make me wish I hadn't left those goggles of mine with my bike... Maybe I'll go retrieve them..." (Homeboy asked me to control all the NPCs in his audition, but you're more than welcome to write your entire audition/tryout escapades yourself if you'd like, Cloud ;) )
16:00 - Inside OPC 6B "Hmm. Now THAT'S interesting." "What's interesting? Did the assassin not show up?" "I'm... not sure. It's not Sonic, and we did throw proper postage on it to request a specific messenger, so either this is the assassin, the royal messengers screwed up horribly, or the assassins did something to make stealing the package easier." "Is he wearing the red ring?" "It's a black and white camera, James." "...right. Well, it's 4PM. Are you going to go get him?" "Eh, I'll give the assassin another 10 minutes. I have a feeling this is just about to get interesting." "But... didn't you say exactly 4PM?" "I can wait if it finds us a carrier." "Didn't you say we can't afford to screw this up? I thought you wanted to make sure they were reliable?" "I'm a good liar." "...You know, sometimes I hate you, Kyson." "The feeling is entirely mutual."
20:15 - Between the MBU and Prohevito's place "Hey, Provehito!" A jade green feline was running his direction. "Wait up!" It was Jasmine, the one who had set up and planned the trade show for the next evening. She caught up and handed Provehito a Small, blue, crystalline ring. "I wanted to make sure you've got this in case you don't come in tomorrow in favor of the tournament. The NMG isn't letting anyone into the show tomorrow unless they're wearing one, even Mech Builder members. Wouldn't want you getting stuck outside when you're supposed to be showing off our latest and greatest! We need to make our mark last after Miles tears up the competition in the morning."
kjhg53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#104 kjhg53
Member since 2008 • 30455 Posts

Peter heard a footstep a little ways off so he turned his head to its direction. He saw a rather tall figure in a red rode. "Oi! so either you're the small girl that has come to see Sonic, or you're an assassin for here to kill Sonic. Either way you'll be disappointed to know that my boss doesn't find him expendable, yet I am. Listen, I'd like to get back to my girlfriend. We were kind of in the middle of something when I had to deliver this overpriced box."

He could tell that something about this guy was off about the guy, so Peter got ready for a fight. With his right elbow bent, he held the package out in his right hand. His left arm was about thirty degrees behind his arched back; left elbow bent and fist clenched. His knees were slightly bent as well, with his rihgt foot being in front of him and his left behind him. Peter could tell that his guy didn't have any kind of powers, but he knew that didn't mean he didn't have any kinds of skills. The green echidna figured he didn't stand a fighting chance against this guy if he did plan on taking him on, but Peter was more then willing to test his luck and use his speed if needed.

SonicHomeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#105 SonicHomeboy
Member since 2005 • 6779 Posts

Eddie and Carlos made their way down the stairs and followed down the hallway where the cat had directed them to. When they came to a guard, they stopped, and Eddie said, "Uh, I'm here to see about a Riman... Something to do about a 'masquerade thing!'"

He hoped that his voice carried across for this bat to hear. He looked at Carlos who said, "Perhaps he is busy with something else."

"Let's hope not," Eddie replied. 

white_kunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106 white_kunoichi
Member since 2010 • 4741 Posts

I'll just put my characters to bed and wait til the next day.

22:00 (Uh....10:00PM?)

The twins decided to go to bed to get a fresh morning start for the P3. Both sleep with their rings on so the blue one didn't bother them. Their apartment is two bedrooms across from each other, one to have for their own and on the 2nd Floor. El-Len prepares for sleep standing at the door way looking back at Ge-Yin.

"Brother... About the tournament..." El-Len hestiant.

"Yes, you can go," Ge-Yin's words made her jump. "I've done some thinking and... *sigh* you're right." The grin on her face lit up her eyes. "On one condition... if anything's bound to happen you come to me, understand?"

El-Len nodded excitedly. "Yes. I promise. Good night, Brother." She hopped in bed and fell asleep smiling.

Flash!

She awaken outside the castle, a crowded of people stood at a distance away from her. El-Len found herself running at the commotion, pushing through crying and such mourning people. Miles was on his knees, tears flying out his eyes. Amy wailed loudly and there was Sally, over a lifeless blue hedgehog. El-Len knew it was Sonic and everything faded fast to white. A whisper. A voice softly whispering to her but she can't tell what it's saying. El-Len can feel herself dozing off and the eerie whisper was clear.

The kunoichi nearly fell off the bed. She calmed down and the time was 27:45 (3:45AM?) El-Len layed back in bed, confused.

"Sonic's in danger?" Remebering what the whispering voice told her and went to sleep.

Either just a dream or vision.

raimgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 raimgamer
Member since 2008 • 18641 Posts

OOC: There's no such thing as 27 AM, 3 AM is 3 AM. Military time is based on 24 hours, not more or less.

Provehito accepted the ring and thanked the feline for it. He walked to his apartment and wore it. "Quite interesting, now I must be wearing this. Well, going to do something, it's almost 9 PM, but I have a while. "

The J.A.S.S. work brought some ideas for his whip. He brought his jacket out and some of his tools. He spent 15 minutes disarming some parts of it and tweaked them a bit for other 20 minutes. Five minutes to 22:00 and he had finished what he wanted. He would test it before he went to sleep. Wearing his jacket he took out his whip which extended out both of his arms, as usual. They were taken back and wrapped around his hands, making some sort of glove on them. On theory, he would finally be able to land a good punch without the fear of freaking his hands. The gaunlet-like objects were flexible enough, apparently. A short burst within the apartment and he punched the wall with his left hand. The wall got pushed back, leaving a depression on it, but also enough noise to be heard by the landlord.

"What's going on up there?" shouted the landlord.

"Nothing! I'm just cooking!" responded Provehito.

"Well, keep it quiet, some people actually sleep!"

"Roger that!"

Looking at the glove, he noticed it had actually been damaged from the impact. "Guess I must change the alloy here too. " It reassembled to the whip, but he noticed that joint was damaged. "Guess I'll have to rely on my right arm's side for now. " He went to bed and fell asleep to recover his energies.

white_kunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 white_kunoichi

OOC: There's no such thing as 27 AM, 3 AM is 3 AM. Military time is based on 24 hours, not more or less.

raimgamer
.... ........... ..... *bows head in embarassment*
raimgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 raimgamer
OOC: Was just an FYI though, haha, so take it lightly.
BABYLON1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 BABYLON1990

Babylon apparently was already set for the tournament. He decided he would open the package when he got home. He continued in some thought about the layout.

there were going to be a total of 8 players on stage. when each of the maches were won, they could simply pair up the remaining 4 until 2 of them won, and then pair those 2 up for the final piece. or they could just create an unexpected battle royal with the remaining four and let destiny unfold... there were many posibilities.

for the time being, he decided to return home.

barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 barren167
2 in the morning. "Chan." "Yeah Lenny?" "Get to bed." *sigh* "Fine. But I must let you know, I think I've figured it out. Where the icon's from and all. It was in that book, the one you were reading, by Jasmine. That icon showed up there, someplace, though I don't recall any other pictures." "Yeah, I know. I'm checking the book out again tomorrow, I need to find that page. Now go to bed." "Fine, fine, I'm going." And Chan did so.
History of Alternative Weapons, by Jasmine Ruba, in the main public library, in case someone happens to want to beat me to it.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 sonicphc
15:45 - Coliseum Underground A bat dropped from the ceiling behind Eddie and Carlos, his arrival signaled by a loud thud. Clearly in some pain, it slowly got to its feet and introduced itself. "Hi, ahm, I'm Rylan. Newton sent you guys down, right? Let's - ergh - get you processed and stuff." He led the two of them over to one of the elevated arena floors towards the back of the room and gestured for them both to climb up on it. Carlos raised a hand and said, "Uhm, I'm not trying out. Just Eddie, here." "Well, you're here, this arena's set up to analyze two people at once, and I'm not going to take the time to reconfigure it. We don't have a ton of time, you know. Now both of you get up there. Oh, remove shirts too, if you're okay with it. Most of the readings are vital signs and stuff, and clothing can interfere..." While the two wolves did whatever they were/are going to do, Rylan proceeded to "hmm" and "hah" over a screen with a graph on it. Or, it would have a graph if the two values it measured weren't both reading a constant 0. "What the heck did Newton see in you..." he muttered to himself. "That can't be right..." He turned to the wolves and said, "I'll need you guys to spar for me. Show off anything you've got. Keep in mind that spectacle is just as important as actual fighting skill in these things. We are out to bring in crowds, after all."
16:00ish - I'll let Peter and Danial work that one out
22:00 - Coliseum Top Floor "Did we get any Padrians to actually audition?" Newton asked of the squirrel organizing the prelims. "Or are they all just going to show up tomorrow at the prelims?" "You know how they are," the squirrel said with a smile. "The audition process is a little insulting to them. Stand on a platform. The spire measures no magic readings. They then are asked to spar and 'show off', at which point they just flash their rings and ask to leave. Paulo just told them they could have four entrants show up and we'd reserve space for them." "Fair enough. I had hoped to get an analysis run on one, but I'll live." (This allows El-Len to join the tournament without doing the proper audition thing :) )
I've given everything to Baylon for the day, and the others' posts are all going to bed. Hopefully everyone else should finish for the "day" soon enough so you're not waiting to long. Feel free to give me feedback, query me for plot bits or explanations, or write dream sequences in the meantime if you don't want to wait without something to do :)
BABYLON1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 BABYLON1990

It was time to hit the sack. Babylon had somewhere to be the next day, and he needed the rest. It took him longer that he thought to go through his day, but at least a few things were accomplished, plus he got the chance to actually walk just because he felt like, which was enjoyable.

Upon reaching the house Babylon found Neo sleeping on the couch. It seemed like he was working on his visualizer when he fell asleep since it was hanging from only one ear and Neo's signature screwdriver was on the ground next to the couch. He was a pretty heavy fox, despite being skinny, so Babylon found a sheet, and dropped it over him. He put the visualizer and the screwdriver on the table nearby.

afterwards he went off to bed.

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 sonicphc
To keep things from getting dull for those of you who are waiting while kj, s0, Homeboy, and Cloud finish up their day, I'm going to be sending out a bunch of PMs. Respond via PM ;)
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#115 Soniczero1993
Member since 2005 • 35070 Posts

Danial didn't want to kill this echidna. He did nothing wrong, but that package was needed. Danial put his left foot slightly in front of him, but his arms stayed by his side.

"Will you not give up that package of your own will?"

kjhg53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 kjhg53
"Well, after you fill out the proper paper work, I guess I can just give it to you. You see there's proper channels we're going to have to go through before we reach that step." With his left hand in place, Peter quickly reached behind his back and pulled out a clipboard and pen. Peter then ran up to the man and handed him the clipboard and pen. He started to point to different places on the piece of paper that was on the clipboard. "Now, if you would just sign right here... here... initials here... here... here... print your name here... and check all of these boxes that apply to you, I'll be on my way."
barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 barren167
Sorry to make a story-lacking post, just had to say that I immensely enjoyed that.
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Soniczero1993

"Um....if it's that easy, fine."

Danial grabbed the pen and began signing all the required fields for the package. He was quite puzzled at how odd this messenger was, as this never happened to him before.

kjhg53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 kjhg53
As the man was busy signing useless forms, Peter started to slowly whistle to himself as he slowly walked over the a nearby building to get away from the guy.
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Soniczero1993

Danial realised what was going on when he turned to Peter when the pen started running low on ink. He noticed that it was all a clever ruse that reminded him of some ancient cartoon involving a rabbit.

"HEY! That was quite clever but you're an ass."

Danial began running after him, Sirvanna was still chasing after them after a nice facepalm at how stupid her master was being.

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 sonicphc
16:15 - OPC 6B "Uh, Kyson, are you watching this?" "Why, yes, of course I am, James. That's why I told you to watch the feed while I sit here holding a game controller in my hands and staring at the video display." "...well, are you sure this is the guy you want? He's sort of getting owned, here." "Somehow I doubt that." "Well, not physically, but I think he just got duped." "I'm sure he's just trying not to make a scene. I told him to keep this off the news. He could have a spike driven through that Echidna's skull in a second, if he really wanted to. As it were, we can't afford to spill any blood until Saturday."
OOC: That was pretty funny. I loll'd.
barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 barren167
Kyson sounds familiar, but I can't think about it too hard, it sounds like the sort of name I'd spoil something with if I learned it.
Lenny slept fitfully. That's not the sort of thing that was supposed to happen, it wasn't in his programming, but he did anyway. There was something in the air tonight. Chan artificially snored.
SonicHomeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 SonicHomeboy

Eddie and Carlos looked at each other before looking at the bat.

"Spar with you?" Eddie asked. "Will this have anything to do with the configurations you're running?"

"And would your rather us team up and take you on or do you want one of us to go first?" Carlos asked.

This was quite strange to the wolves for they didn't know what would really be in store for them. In Eddie's mind, he began to think what might the bat say. If they were to take Rylan on, then Eddie could go over with Carlos on what his friend's capabilities were and work on each other's strenghs. If it was going to be a one-on-one battle, then Eddie would use his speed abilities and free-form fighting techniques to overcome Rylan.

Using your opponent's strengths to your advantage was what Eddie would always do when it came to fights. It's risky having to study an opponent's every move, but it always paid off when given the patience.

Now the two waited for what Rylan had in store. 

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 sonicphc
Rylan facepalmed. "With eachother, guys. I need to watch you and watch the monitor. I'm a techie, not a fighter. Newton was right, I do need to work on my communication skills..."
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 sonicphc
I'll be auto-advancing the timeline to the start of Friday this Tuesday. If you haven't wrapped up your day by then, I'll be wrapping it up for you so we can get this show on the road. ;) Also, in general, please try and post something every day, or at least every other day. If you don't have time to write out the big, elaborate, detailed posts you sometimes see, that's fine - a single sentence of action will suffice if you can't think of anything. :P
barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 barren167
Lenny slept (or what was programmed to appear as sleep, standby sensors were on minimal levels of detection). Chan slept (see the previous comment).
Their father woke up at about three AM due to a relatively obnoxious ruckus outside his window. He then went back to sleep with an increased level of ignoring of ruckuses. His wife slept through it.
kjhg53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 kjhg53

:V Couldn't put Resident Evil Revelations down yesterday. Don't need to yell.

Peter began to pick up speed as he heard the man yelling at him for being an ass. Of course he could just give this guy the package, but Peter figured that it wasn't this guy's package.

white_kunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 white_kunoichi

Ge-Yin peeked in El-Len's room to see if she's sleeping well. He went back to his own bed and sighed.

"It's tough having a hard-headed sister who can't stay out of trouble..."

raimgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 raimgamer
OOC: Hey, I'm curious, should I answer my last PM or just leave it there?
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 sonicphc
OOC: For the people whose characters are asleep, I didn't mean you have to post right now. I meant when characters are awake and action is going on that you should post daily to keep people unblocked. ;) Of course, you're still welcome to post if you'd like. :D @raim - No, that was meant to be the end of it. Any implications of it will show up tomorrow or the day after. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions about it.
SonicHomeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 SonicHomeboy

Eddie's eyes widened after Rylan explained himself more. He looked over at Carlos who seemed to have liked the idea after all. Carlos smiled at Eddie and said, "You ready for a pounding?"

Eddie chuckled at the remark and said, "Really, Carlos? I highly doubt you'll even touch me once this fight is over."

They were both directed onto a platform where they spaced out evenly between themselves and the outer areas. Eddie looked over at Rylan and said, "We're ready when you are." 

barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 barren167
OOC: For the people whose characters are asleep, I didn't mean you have to post right now. I meant when characters are awake and action is going on that you should post daily to keep people unblocked. ;)sonicphc
I was perfectly aware of what you said and meant, I just posted anyway for smart-aleckness' sake. ;)
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Soniczero1993

Sirvanna was closing in on him from the rooftops. Sirvanna grabbed hold of a piece of board holding a light and swung herself into him for a pouncing chance.

OOC: I believe this will be where the dice comes in.

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 sonicphc
16:00 - Coliseum Underground Rylan nodded towards Eddie. "Certainly. I'd like to know what the hell Newton thinks he's doing sending me a pair with no readings, and the only way to find out is to watch you fight. Let's see some action."
16:17 - The Unrenovated District [color=green](18/20)[/color] The board bent slightly under Sivranna's weight as she caught it, acting as a spring board as to help propel her forward. [color=green](17/20)[/color] Peter was only slightly caught off guard, however, as he was perceptive enough to hear the light clanking as Sirvanna propelled herself. He picked up the pace so as not to get tackled. She landed only a few inches behind him, but was able to grab a hold of his shoulder and pull herself over and in front of him, blocking his escape.

[color=yellow](10/20)[/color] Danial was still a good minute behind. The only reason Sirvanna had been able to keep up with Peter was routing him via rooftop shortcuts.
kjhg53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 kjhg53
"Oi!" yelled Peter as soon as he saw someone jump in front of him. With the package in his left arm, Peter quickly leaned down to the right in order to perform a drift like turn to the right, trying to get away.
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Soniczero1993

Weeee, Sonic Unleashed/Colors drifting.

-----------------------

Since Sirvanna was not moving, she was able to quickly track Peter's movement for an interception, running very close beside him.

Danial started climbing a wall to get some distance for being so far behind. Although it slowed him down since climbing gives no forward movement beyond going up, being on the rooftops outweighs his distance, as Sirvanna was able to keep up quicker this way.

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 sonicphc
16:18 - Unrenovated district [color=orange](2/20)[/color]Peter's reaction time wasn't quite good enough, placing Sirvanna directly in the path of his drift. [color=orange](6/20)[/color] Sirvanna was ready to intercept, but intercepting a drifting target wasn't exactly something she (or anyone else) was trained in. She was able to grab a hold of Peter, but the angle he was coming at caused her to lose her balance, sending them both rolling to the ground. [color=blue](20/20)[/color]Danial was in luck. The rooftops were low enough here that climbing did not take long, and he could cut directly across them to catch up. By the time he had arrived, he was just in time to see his apprentice and target both roll to a stop just beneath him. A small, white flash temporarily blinded the three. When it faded, a red hedgehog stood over Peter and Sirvanna wearing a wry smile on his face. His body was covered in patches of metal, with the most notable parts being his fully metallic quills and cyborg-like eye. "Well, that's one way to deliver a package," he mused as he offered them both a hand up. "Where's your master?" he asked of Sirvanna. "I wasn't expecting two of you... Oh, and hey, messenger, you should stick around for a bit. I've got something for you, too, as thanks for putting up with all this."
kjhg53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 kjhg53

During the his roll, Peter tried to make sure that the package wasn't damaged and once he hit the ground  he made sure to land on his back. After the bright flash, he noticed the red hedgehog and that his hat was missing. Peter got up and decided to wait for his client to finish talking to his pursuers by looking for his hat. Once it was found, Peter quickly dusted it off, placed it back on his head and then he waited for a little longer, package in hand.

Tag so I can post this.

Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Soniczero1993
Danial was blinded by light as he came down, and saw the red hedgehog. He heard what he had to say before saying, "I'm the master of her" at him.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 sonicphc
The hedgehog leapt back as curved, metal blades sprung out from his arms in surprise. "Holy hell!" He exclaimed. "Give, me a little warning next time!" He took a deep breath to regain his composure. He gave his arms a quick shake, causing the blades to retract with a metallic click, before reaching into his pocket to pull out an envelope, which he promptly handed to Danial. "My name is Kyson Arada, and as you can probably tell just by looking at me, my entire existance is illegal. Unfortunately, the current proposed solution to, ah, 'remedy' me is extermination. Lovely, right? I'd be ok with that if this were my fault, but the people who decided on that particular piece of policy are the whole reason I'm this way in the first place." He extended his arm blades again, though this time a little more cautiously.. "Admittedly," he continued, flourishing them a bit, "I haven't exactly kept in line with the law since then, but they're all purely defensive measures. There are a number of us, and its my reponsibility to keep us alive." "I've done my research, and I know they're going to make a move soon. They need to be sent a message, as does everyone else. That's where you come in. The details are in that envelope. Take tomorrow to scope things out. There's a, ah, 'event' we've co-planned with some of our contacts in the theives guild tomorrow. A party of sorts to liven up these slums a bit. If you meet me then I'll answer any further questions you may have." Kyson then turned to Peter and took his package. "Thanks," he said just before ripping the tape open with the side of his arm. He pulled a large, white orb out, retracted the blades, and handed the box back. Left inside was a small, red, crystalline ring identical to the one Danial was wearing as well as a pair of envelopes marked and sealed similarly to the one he had given to Danial. "Those are for you and a guest," he said with a wink. "Invites to the event tomorrow night. Wearing that ring will make sure you both get VIP treatment. I recommend you keep it on your finger as often as you can. It marks you as a friend of ours. You'd be surprised how many connections we've made, as well as what identifying yourself as our friend can do for you. I'll have some more concrete, monetary compensation for you tomorrow. Consider it all thanks for keeping everything that you just saw and heard quiet. As far as your employer's to be concerned, this delivery was as routine as they come."
kjhg53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 kjhg53

Peter blinked as he took the box back. He wasn't entirely sure what just went down, nor did he really care. He was happy that the day was over and he could go home. "Alright. If that's all, I'll be heading out," Peter said as he turned away from the group and started walking home.

Once home, Peter sent the box down on the chair near the door. Rana walked out of the kitchen and greeted him. "Hello, Peter, how was the job?"

"Oh you know, nothing special."

After Peter took his hat and shoes off Rana noticed the box was still with Peter. "I thought you were going to go deliver that. What happened?"

"Hm?" Peter replied as he jumped on to the couch, "they took what they needed out of it and left me a tip of sorts. We've got plans for tomorrow, you can read it over in one of those envelops."

Rana walked over to the box and picked up an envelop, but she also noticed the red ring inside. "And what's with the ring?"

"Don't know, they said I'll have to wear it so we can get in, but hey let us not worry about that now. It can wait."

That'll do it for Peter and Rana. Pretty much the rest of the day they chill, eat and then sleep.

SonicHomeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 SonicHomeboy

Both Carlos and Eddie positioned themselves in battle stances. Carlos was the first to come at Eddie but stumbled as Eddie sidestepped around him. He felt his arm being grabbed as he was launched from the ground and was flipped before landing a big thud on his back. Carlos winced from the fall as he slowly got back up.

"Heh, saw that coming," Eddie chuckled as he brushed his jacket with ease.

Before Carlos could say anything, Eddie was already behind his friend. Carlos twirled around for a punch but swung at nothing but air.

"Behind you!" Eddie shouted catching Carlos off-guard once again. With another swing from Carlos, Eddie vanished and kept appearing around Carlos. Before he knew it, Carlos found himself twirling about as he tried to catch up with Eddie's pace. Eddie, on the other hand, started to run in circles around Carlos while avoiding any hits from his friend.

Before long, Carlos was starting to get dizzy, and his swings were becoming less frequent. Eddie slowed down and found Carlos stumbling across the platform. With his finger, Eddie lightly shoved Carlos away which caused the wolf to fall on his back.

"Well, I guess that's that," Eddie said as he turned to Rylan. 

Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Soniczero1993

Danial took the 2nd ring and threw it at Sirvanna, who caught it. "Looks like you are the one. I honestly don't feel like bringing the other assassins as I feel this we need to do together."

"My my, Danial." Sirvanna started. "Not even dinner and you give me a ring and want alone time together? I think we're going too fast."

"Cease your jokes, this needs our attention to ensure nothing evil comes out of it. It's not a wedding ring, it's an invitation. Why must you do this all the time instead of taking your job seriously?"

Sirvanna shook her head. "This is what happens when you try to pair a man and a woman together who get along far too well. You don't honestly expect me not to play with you considering we probably know more about each other than some of the elders do. It's in my nature to mess with you, just like when you act like an ass to me."

Danial chuckled a bit. "I'm allowed to be an ass. I'm a master, and you are my student. Now come, I say it's time for a rest after all this excitement."

Sirvanna nodded at Danial as the two prepared to head home. It was going to be a bit of a trek since they covered a lot of ground, but she enjoys long travels with her master. She still giggles at the fact they both live with each other as part of the master/trainee deal, even though Danial denies it's anything more than training. She'll get him one day.

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 sonicphc
Kyson smiled as he watched the group disperse and started back for his current home. Today was more successful than he had anticipated. He paused for a moment to run a quick check and found he didn't have nearly enough electrical nor magical strength left to fire off the teleportation engine again. He resolved to walk - the exercise would do him good, anyhow.
Rylan blinked at Eddie, looked back at his monitor, and then back to Eddie again. The monitor was still blank aside from a pair of axes and two 0s. "Well, that makes a whole hell of a lot more sense," he muttered. "If by a lot more sense, I mean none whatsoever. I'm going to have to talk to Newton later about how in the world he knew you could do that when the machines aren't reading anything. Regardless, I'd say that'll be enough spectacle to keep the audience interested, and it looks like you've got some fighting skills to boot. I've got all the data I need to do your paperwork, so no need to worry about that. You'll want this, though-" He tossed Eddie a light blue bracelet with a number printed on it and a picture of Eddie's face. "You'll need to be wearing that when you show up tomorrow. Be here no later than 10, preferably earlier."
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 sonicphc
I need some time to write up the introductory bits for Friday, as well as to gather/plan with a couple PM responses. The clock should skip forward sometime tonight (which might be tomorrow if you live on the East Coast or in another country, depending on how my Senior Project work goes)
barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 barren167
Skip forward is good, because sleeping gets, well, untiring after a while.
SonicHomeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 SonicHomeboy

Eddie grabs the bracelet and looks at it. He then looks at Rylan and says, "I'll be here."

Carlos moans and tries to get up. Eddie walks over and picks him up to his feet. "You okay, man?"

"Heh, you owe me for this," Carlos said as he struggled to remain standing.

Eddie helped Carlos until he was certain that his friend was feeling better. He then turned to Rylan and asked, "So what do we do now?" 

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 sonicphc
Rylan sighed. "Preferably, leave. I've got, like, a billion more people to process..."
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 sonicphc
I think the only player I have left to Fast Forward is Isaac. Assume his audition goes fine. Eddie probably hangs out with Carlos some and then goes to bed early to get ready for the tournament.
Day 2 - The Preliminaries
The day starts at 9:00, though you're welcome to detail events prior to that depending on when your character tends to wake up. Schedule of Events: 10:00 - Early, less fan-friendly, tournament preliminaries begin in underground staging area. Competitors assigned to brackets. 10:45 - Main tournament show begins, with half the preliminary battles being held above ground. 11:30 - Special committee on spire controls begins meeting. Lunch provided. Closed to the public. 13:00 - Mech Builders Union begins preparations at NMG Prime University for show. 13:00 - Preparations begin for special event in unrenovated district. 18:00 - Tournament Preliminaries end. 18:00 - Wolf Pack meets at Foggy's 19:00 - Special event in unrenovated district begins. 19:30 - Mech Builders Union trade show begins Note that this list is only to help you keep track of things that have already been announced (or are announced below) and is not even close to an exhaustive listing of all the things that might happen today.
The usual CHOS newscasters are busy today and tomorrow setting up for broadcasting the tournament live. Instead, we turn to the day's newspaper: The Mobotropolis Times - A Ruby Corp. publication. Friday, May 28th Tournament Preliminaries Begin Today The first Open Technology, Open Magic tournament is years is scheduled to begin today. Sources report that tickets sold out within hours, making this the most popular tournament since Tails's all-star debut. Also among the list of famous entrants is the enigmatic Babylon Hearts, about whom the NMG claims has developed techniques that could lay out Padrian in seconds, though the details are under wraps for now. More on the tournament can be found in the Sports section, including an interview with new tournament director Newton Shayron... (continued on D6) Loren Ipsum Calls Special Meeting of the Committee on Spire Controls Reports of abnormal spire triggers events in the unrenovated part of town have left experts scratching their heads. Today, Committee chairperson Loren Ipsum has planned an emergency meeting of the Committed on Spire Controls. Said Loren, "Whether the list of allowed magics needs to be expanded or restricted is still up for debate, but now is a better time than any to re-evaluate Spire controls and triggering options in light of these recent reports. I have the fullest confidence that we will be able to..." (Continued on A4) Cherryside Neighborhood Mourns Loss of Committed Policeman Rumors of the untimely death of 23 year old Ryan Phife were confirmed today after the Royal Guard released an autopsy report. According to his neighbors, Ryan was wholly committed to the cause of his policework, and had a passion for making the unrenovated district of Mobotropolis a better place. His life was cut short by an unknown assailant while investigating a strong spire drain. His friends and family are holding a candlelight vigil for him on the outskirts of their home town of Cherryside. Letters of sympathy and support are... (Continued on F4)