kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

User Lists: 0

#1 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

Hey guys Sega announced a new Sonic game!

And it's a mobile game called Sonic Dash.....-_-

http://www.screwattack.com/news/sega-announces-sonic-dash-mobile-platforms

Pocket Gamer France editor Sylvain has given us a heads up on some exclusive information about the game that they have received. As fans predicted, Sonic Dashwill be an endless run and jump type of game, which means Sonic will automatically run by himself. The goal of the game is to collect rings and avoid enemies and obstacles, while your score gets ever higher. Pocket Gamer France also reports that the scenery will change as you progress and the game will also record how many meters Sonic has travelled. Game Center is also said to be supported, though no specific features are mentioned.

Sources: Kotaku and Pocket Gamer France

. So at least this one has Sonic running though it sounds similar to Temple Run or Buck and the Coin of Destiny which are cheap little mobile games I played where your character is always running and you have to tap the screen to make him jump,

Wow...thanks Sega...we're so excited.

Sorry for the false alarm guys. Please return to your homes.

Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 Soniczero1993
Member since 2005 • 35070 Posts

F*CK!

SEGA, why you do this? Y U NO GIVE ME NEW GAME? 

barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 barren167
Member since 2011 • 2606 Posts
Look at it this way: If it's as high a quality as said titles (which isn't saying as much as it sounds, but is more than you'll automatically think) there's a chance it'll make a lot of money for minimal effort (comparatively). Thus, it's funding.
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#4 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111406 Posts
Maybe they're having Sonic Team focus on something big? I mean Colors and Generations are great, but let's face it: Sonic's had big games every year just about. Having a nice break, maybe the next game will be something huge. I want 100 levels, guys. DO IT.
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Soniczero1993
And I want a documentary of God Knuckles, from how he created SEGA, to his new part in the next Sonic game.
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#6 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111406 Posts
And I want a Solaris-powered tank. Wait scratch-that, I don't actually want that.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 sonicphc
Member since 2005 • 7779 Posts
Bluh. Mobile games were great for not paying attention in class or for a distracting me on bus rides. But I don't need either of those things done anymore. So... when's the announcement of the November release, Sega? Plz?
sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 sonictrainer
Member since 2008 • 15187 Posts

Sonic Dash Logo

SEGA loves Seaside Hill...

srbrans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 srbrans
Member since 2005 • 731 Posts
And it might be coming out tomorrow? Or so I've heard.
sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 sonictrainer
Member since 2008 • 15187 Posts

http://youtu.be/ucbhL3kubVQ

Here's a 13 Minute Gameplay Trailer

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kbaily

http://youtu.be/ucbhL3kubVQ

Here's a 13 Minute Gameplay Trailer

sonictrainer

So it basically is Temple Run with Sonic. Looks nice at least.

white_kunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 white_kunoichi
Member since 2010 • 4741 Posts

It never cross Sega's mind to get money off of 3DS...

barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 barren167
Looks all right to me.
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kbaily

Yesterday I was messing around with the app store after seeing IGN's video of "Worst Mobile Game Ever" Watch here:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/26/the-worst-video-game-ripoffs-on-the-app-store

And people thought the Wii was full of shovelware....

But scanning through I found Sonic Dash and it was free. Maybe it was a special deal but I downloaded it and it really is just a fancier Sonic version of Temple Run. I will say I find it more entertaining than Sonic Jump and maybe it's because Sonic's actually running though once again we visit Seaside Hill which really getting overused as a level template at this point. I can only assume because it looks like a modernized green hill.

Sonic is automatically running ala Secret Rings or those horrid speed sections of '06 but actually not going super fast and you swipe your finger left and right to steer, slide down to roll under things and into robots and slide up to jump. You still collect rings but lose all rings or slam into an obstacle and you're done. This one just randomly makes a stage and you see how far you can get without dying. Though every time it ends, Sega not bugs you to visit the in game store to purchase more rings as well as the red rings so you can get power ups as well as the ability to play as Tails, Amy or Knuckles. Sonic Jump did this too. Want to play as Knuckles or Tails? Only $5.99. I really hope Sega doesn't start doing crap like this in their next console outing. Of course they COULD'VE made Generations DLC we would've gladly paid for.

At the most, this is something to waste time with while we're waiting on a "real" Sonic game and I get that this is a cheap way to make money and I'd rather see little medicore mobile Sonic games be shoved out than go back to when Sega was shoving out 3 or 4 crappy cash in games each year.

Avatar image for -SpikyBlueHero-
-SpikyBlueHero-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#15 -SpikyBlueHero-
Member since 2007 • 2176 Posts

Yesterday I was messing around with the app store after seeing IGN's video of "Worst Mobile Game Ever" Watch here:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/26/the-worst-video-game-ripoffs-on-the-app-store

kbaily

I actually just watched a few of those this morning. Hilarious stuff. I can only imagine those games exist in the hopes that the devs score a few accidental $100 IAPs from careless parents who forget to disable account transactions after handing over their iOS devices to their preschoolers. It's happened in the past, right? *stares down that Smurfs game* :P

I read your reviews for both games and they pretty much told me all I needed to know. But $5.99 per character? Or for both? That's crazy steep either way. Taking cues from Capcom, are we, Sega? For shame. :?

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sonicphc
But $5.99 per character? Or for both? That's crazy steep either way. Taking cues from Capcom, are we, Sega? For shame. :?-SpikyBlueHero-
I think the worst part is that the game isn't free, and then has microtransactions ON TOP of that. If you're looking to spoil the good favor you earned from Generations + Colors, Sega, this is a great way to start.
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kbaily
[QUOTE="kbaily"]

-SpikyBlueHero-

I actually just watched a few of those this morning. Hilarious stuff. I can only imagine those games exist in the hopes that the devs score a few accidental $100 IAPs from careless parents who forget to disable account transactions after handing over their iOS devices to their preschoolers. It's happened in the past, right? *stares down that Smurfs game* :P

I read your reviews for both games and they pretty much told me all I needed to know. But $5.99 per character? Or for both? That's crazy steep either way. Taking cues from Capcom, are we, Sega? For shame. :?

I actually downloaded a couple of those games featured that were free (some surprisingly removed from the app store already) I'm convinced Super Otaku Bros. is the game they make homophobic sluring Xbox Live trolls play in hell though the "gonk gonk gonk" sound effects make you laugh. But the "Kong" game with Arnold fighting a real gorilla made up with google photoshop images is the funniest to watch.

I did hear about a Fish Tank simulator game that made you pay $100 when your fish died to revive it and in many cases, parents let their kids play this "free" game without setting it up to disable shop purchases and supposedly one parent got a bill for $1000. I don't think even EA was that insidious.

Avatar image for -SpikyBlueHero-
-SpikyBlueHero-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#18 -SpikyBlueHero-
Member since 2007 • 2176 Posts

[QUOTE="-SpikyBlueHero-"]But $5.99 per character? Or for both? That's crazy steep either way. Taking cues from Capcom, are we, Sega? For shame. :?sonicphc
I think the worst part is that the game isn't free, and then has microtransactions ON TOP of that. If you're looking to spoil the good favor you earned from Generations + Colors, Sega, this is a great way to start.

Have to agree with you there. Thankfully the IAPs aren't required to progress in the game, unlike others I've seen, but that doesn't make it defensible.

I actually downloaded a couple of those games featured that were free (some surprisingly removed from the app store already) I'm convinced Super Otaku Bros. is the game they make homophobic sluring Xbox Live trolls play in hell though the "gonk gonk gonk" sound effects make you laugh. But the "Kong" game with Arnold fighting a real gorilla made up with google photoshop images is the funniest to watch.kbaily

:lol: I might just try out a few for kicks then if I'm ever in the mood for self-inflicted pain. Which is definitely usually never. :P

I did hear about a Fish Tank simulator game that made you pay $100 when your fish died to revive it and in many cases, parents let their kids play this "free" game without setting it up to disable shop purchases and supposedly one parent got a bill for $1000. I don't think even EA was that insidious.kbaily

My sympathies go out to the clueless parents, but c'mon! That's downright thievery! :( Think they were ever reimbursed either? Doubt it. :roll:

And don't worry, EA is insidious in other ways. I can list some recent examples, but you've probably already ranted at length about them at some point, so I won't waste my breath. ;)

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kbaily

There's been some updates to Dash recently.

First off, it's a lot easier to get red rings without having to spend actual money. Occasionally a red ring will be on the course that you can pick up and the missions that nab you red rings aren't as insanely hard as they were originally. Some just take a while like running so many yards without banking or collecting so many rings total or killing a certain number of a kind of badnick. I did finally earn enough to unlock Amy who is the cheapest unlockable at 30 red rings. Tails is at 45 and Knuckles at 60.

However unlocking other characters doesn't really add much. They all play the same and Amy has a retarded running animation. She looks like she's waddling with her hands waving around and the mid air Quick time jumps lead to tons of panty shots. And you thought Sonic Adventure was bad about Amy's panty flashing. I'd say if you are saving up red rings, then hold out for Tails at 45 unless you're a die hard Amy fan.

You can earn rings easy by watching a quick ad for an app or liking it on Facebook and Twitter but I refuse to annoy FB friends with that and I don't have Twitter.

There is also a global challenge going on where if combined users do enough running to make Sonic go around the globe 100 times, Shadow will be a playable character. They did a similar thing with Sonic Jump where the combined total of users reached a certain height and Blaze was playable.

Another thing I noticed with this is every day when you play, there's four puzzle pieces making Sonic's face. Collect four each day and this unlocks power ups, red rings, etc. Supposedly after 5 days in a row, a lucky draw occurs and Tails is one of said prizes.

Sonic Dash does have an addictive quality to it even if it is Temple Run reskinned with Sonic. There's worse mobile games out there.

srbrans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 srbrans
Member since 2005 • 731 Posts
I've been relatively hooked to Dash myself. Even after completing all the challenges (made faster by skipping the tedious ones e.g. leveling 3 abilities to level 5) I've been getting the jigsaw pieces every day for a while to try to get Tails from the roulette thing, despite now having around 150 red rings. I forgot about it yesterday so the counter reset so I might just go buy him now. And I have about 220 revive tokens because I can't be bothered to use them. Looks like you have to do the facebook thing in order to see friends' scores at all?
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kbaily

Global Challenge Met. Shadow unlocked.

644174_10151741813382418_1806874909_n.jp

Shadow's animations are better than Amy's for sure. He skates as usual and when you do the hyper dash move he'll use chaos control to fly.

barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 barren167
Next up, we need a global challenge to unlock a different world to run in. Something not green, and not from Heroes.
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Soniczero1993
Eggmanland.
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kbaily

Next up, we need a global challenge to unlock a different world to run in. Something not green, and not from Heroes.barren167

That is the one advantage Sonic Jump has over Dash is that is has a few different types of levels.

In Sonic Jump the stages are:

• Green Hill
  • Mountain Zone (snowy mountains)
  • Jungle Zone
  • Blue Sky Zone (clouds and balloons)

And there's a "Coming soon" screen that shows an industrial level reminiscent of Sonic Color's Planet Wisp factories. Not the most original level designs but it is nicer than just a long stretch of Seaside Hill over and over again.

In terms of characters Jump also has Silver and Rouge as unlockables but unlocking characters in Jump is a lot harder than Dash. In Jump you get leveled up by completing in game missions and then when you hit a certain level, said character becomes available. Blaze was a global challenge for that one and supposedly jumping to the moon in arcade mode unlocks Shadow.

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kbaily
If you want a good laugh, log into the Iphone's Game Center and look at the leaderboards. I swear those Game Center leaderboards are the easiest things to hack and also if you're going to hack a leaderboard for the top score, go for a realistic number instead of the 9 Quintillion score that shows up for the top 20 players. Kinda like the Sonic 4 leaderboard hack where 5 people apparently completed Splash Hill Act 1 in 0 seconds because Sonic can apparently teleport.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sonicphc
If you want a good laugh, log into the Iphone's Game Center and look at the leaderboards. I swear those Game Center leaderboards are the easiest things to hack and also if you're going to hack a leaderboard for the top score, go for a realistic number instead of the 9 Quintillion score that shows up for the top 20 players. Kinda like the Sonic 4 leaderboard hack where 5 people apparently completed Splash Hill Act 1 in 0 seconds because Sonic can apparently teleport.kbaily
"Hack" is a pretty strong word for "POSTed data to a publicly accessible URL." If a game doesn't require you upload ghost data, 'hacking' them is really, really easy. :)
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kbaily

Another major update to the game that improved several things.

• Much sharper visuals especially if you have an Iphone 5 like me. :D
  • In game boosts that improve your score like golden badnicks or jumping on a number of springs, etc.
  • Sadly this comes with longer, more intrusive ads as well.

I have a feeling that eventually they'll have a "no ad" option for $1.99.

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kbaily

We had another update that added another Seaside area. Now you can run along the beach with sailboats.

Yeah sorry, it's not a whole new level.

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kbaily
A new global challenge is in place. This time Blaze will be a playable character. I figured since she was playable on Sonic Jump.
Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 Smashbrossive50
Member since 2009 • 3915 Posts

@kbaily: One more global challenge,now it's Silver's turn,hurry up with the Festive Challenge,he's waiting til January 6,2014.