kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

User Lists: 0

#51 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

Well it does appear it's making major improvements over the first namely making a better online experience. I just hope the "story" mode doesn't turn into an unsufferable slog of repetition like Diddy Kong Racing did or worse force feed us horrible cutscenes like Modnation Racers did.

One thing that I hope they bring back that I liked about this as opposed to MK was the point system, earning points in races to let you unlock the characters, tracks, music that you wanted instead of grinding the same races over and over again.

barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 barren167
Member since 2011 • 2606 Posts
Death Egg returning? Now that I like, allows people who don't care for DLC to still play the stage. Now, is there a chance that Metal Sonic returns with it, I wonder...
sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#53 sonictrainer
Member since 2008 • 15187 Posts

The Sega Blogs are going over some of the levels in SASRT, starting with Dragon Canyon:

Dragon Canyon

We announced Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed just one week ago, and gave you guys your first look at the new & returning characters as well as two of the levels: Dragon Canyon from Panzer Dragoon, and Temple Trouble from Super Monkey Ball. Today, we're showing you some concept art from the Dragon Canyon level.

Dragon Canyon Concept Art

Panzer Dragoon was released in 1995 for the SEGA Saturn. The Dragon Canyon Empire level takes its cues from the bleak, fallen lands which provided the setting for the legendary SEGA Saturn game and its sequels. Once a great and prosperous empire, it's civilization was destroyed millennia ago; the last remaining people live in fear of biological weapons which they created in the past. The one last hope was a blue dragon, discovered in an ancient temple, and is the centerpiece of this level. The winding canyons are heavily inspired by the on-rails nature of the original titles, however the land, sea, and air options and ever-changing environment present these ravines in a very different way.

Dragon Canyon Concept Art

You can see how this concept art is echoed throughout the level.

Dragon Canyon 

We'll take a closer look at Temple Trouble later this week.

barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 barren167
Man, that looks good. Really good.
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#55 Soniczero1993
Member since 2005 • 35070 Posts
SEGA has a gift when it comes to graphics.
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 kbaily
Holy cow that's some gorgeous artwork I want to wallpaper my desktop with those concept images.
sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 sonictrainer

Here's a SEGA Blog on Temple Trouble:

"Earlier this week, we showed you concept art and screenshots from Dragon Canyon, a level in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed inspired by Panzer Dragoon. Today, we've got more concept art and screenshots from Temple Trouble, a track inspired by Super Monkey Ball.

Temple Trouble Concept Art

Super Monkey Ball first appeared in 2001, and has been a fan favorite ever since. The technicolor extravaganza of this level is inspired by the graphical and level design of the Super Monkey Ball titles. The checkerboard tracks wind above the infamous bottomless pits of the Monkey Ball series as the precariously balanced participants race in a battle to the finish line. The multiple colors of the checkers warn of dangerous routes, which add to the tactical nature of this more advanced track. Watch out for the monkey balls trying to stop you in your tracks, also taking inspiration from the characters in the game!

Temple Trouble Concept Art

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed will speed on to the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, Nintendo 3DS, and PC Digital Download late in 2012.

Temple Trouble

Temple Trouble 

Don't forget to enter your art into our contest! We need graffiti-style art to go into the Jet Set Radio level of the game. Get all the details and read the official rules, and then get started! The deadline for the contest is May 22nd for the US & Canada, and May 31st for the UK."

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#58 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
I think with most of the big hitters like Tomb Raider and Bioshock pushed back to 2013 I might get this as a game in the fall.
TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#59 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts
I don't really plan to buy it right away. I may just rent it first. I don't even have the first one yet either (but I have played it before), but I do plan to buy both of them eventually. I may also be getting the first one very soon, actually.
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Soniczero1993

I must admit, Sonic's got a good record of games now. Episode 1 was kinda decent at best, then came Sonic Colors and brutally raped the Sonic Cycle. All Stars Racing proved better than expected. Then Generations was, while nostalgia city, I enjoyed it for what it was, but was still grand. Episode 2 blows the first one out of the water, and I'm betting Transformed will be as big of a hit as the first one.

I'm actually pumped for the next Sonic game.

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 kbaily
Well another thing is Sega has done is if you noticed they stopped cranking out 5 or 6 games a year and have backed down to like 2 or 3 focusing on quality more than quantity now plus from Colors on, it seems like the found the groove that worked.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#62 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
Sonic is at least getting some consistance I mean apart from the Riders game on Kinect it has been fairly postive recently.
sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 sonictrainer

Alder's Lair

New character and Stage Revealed 

• Joe Musashi (Shinobi) 
  • Adder's Lair (Golden Axe)
Shadow and SonicAlso, Shadow will be a racer again

barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 barren167
Shadow in a tread-based vehicle? Really useful, I'd think.
SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 SuperSmashBro1
Member since 2008 • 14243 Posts
  • Joe Musashi (Shinobi)
Also, Shadow will be a racer againsonictrainer
http://i.imgur.com/Ratrt.png
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 kbaily

more ninjas are always good

Watching the newest trailer we see Gillus Thunderhead who was in the Tennis game but oddly enough left out of the first racing game is here along with what I thought was the hero from Skies of Arcadia.

Ok Sega, give me Nights and/or Blaze and I'll be happy. Better yet, let's see if we get console exclusive characters. I know to most of you this seems petty but it would be nice to have more than one or two females to choose from. Yes I still consider Nights to be female. the first had two female racers Amy and Ulala, 2 and 1/2 if you count the zombie duo.

sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 sonictrainer

There's some kind of huge announcement happening tomorrow at 1pm at SEGA's booth.

Stay Tuned

sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 sonictrainer

Danica Patrick

Danica Patrick, a former NASCAR driver will actually be a playable character in SASRT.

I kid you not.

She was a special guest today at SEGA's E3 Booth and will drive a special SEGA car at a future event to promote the game.

SEGA Booth at E3 2012

barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 barren167
... Of all the possible NASCAR racers, they chose her. The one who people only care about because she's female, even though she's the last one around the track that can finish the race. Most ridiculous. Where's dalejrgamer when you need him?
SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 SuperSmashBro1

That's....pretty awesome.Although also random.

white_kunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#72 white_kunoichi
Member since 2010 • 4741 Posts
What?
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#73 sonicphc
Member since 2005 • 7779 Posts

What?white_kunoichi

Took the word right out of my mouth.

"And here are a bunch of cartoony heroes you can race against - oh, and an actual person too. Why not?"

SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 SuperSmashBro1

I actually don't see why not.If the real world is as boring and dull as some people say,then having real people...gets rid of the dullness.It happens alot,even though this time it was a somewhat unexpected choice.

Although no playable real person can beat the one Spider-Man's getting.None.

koolkat14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 koolkat14
Member since 2009 • 10428 Posts
I've heard she'll be an extra character in the game, making the character roster in the game 28. I'm indifferent on her appearing in the game, though.
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 kbaily

[QUOTE="white_kunoichi"]What?sonicphc

"And here are a bunch of cartoony heroes you can race against - oh, and an actual person too. Why not?"

And what if you're not a backwoods redneck and doesn't enjoy watching a bunch of ads drive in a circle for hours on end? Seriously if you want to play as Danica Patrick, go play a NASCAR video game. I'm sure there's a few out there. It would be like if Nintendo put Jeff Gordon in Mario Kart. Way to go Sega, you just made me reconsider getting this now. And don't tell me this is to add another girl racer to your roster. Maybe I'll buy Little Big Planet Karting instead.

At least Sega could have the decency to make her DLC so those of us who hate NASCAR wouldn't have it cluttering up our fun, wacky kart racer.

SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 SuperSmashBro1
SaASRT NASCAR...car:

http://download.gamezone.com/uploads/image/data/1106880/IMAG0167.jpg

Anyone who wrecks it insults Sega,and should therefore get beat up.

barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 barren167
[QUOTE="sonicphc"]

[QUOTE="white_kunoichi"]What?kbaily

And what if you're not a backwoods redneck and doesn't enjoy watching a bunch of ads drive in a circle for hours on end? Seriously if you want to play as Danica Patrick, go play a NASCAR video game. I'm sure there's a few out there. It would be like if Nintendo put Jeff Gordon in Mario Kart. Way to go Sega, you just made me reconsider getting this now. And don't tell me this is to add another girl racer to your roster. Maybe I'll buy Little Big Planet Karting instead.

At least Sega could have the decency to make her DLC so those of us who hate NASCAR wouldn't have it cluttering up our fun, wacky kart racer.

Now you're merely being insulting. Backwoods redneck? That'd be my father, I imagine.

Anyone who wrecks it insults Sega,and should therefore get beat up.

SuperSmashBro1
Considering the fact that cars get wrecked in almost every race, it's nothing personal against Sega. The M&Ms fans don't beat up people for wrecking M&Ms cars, not even the drunken Budweiser fans beat up racers who wreck the Budweiser car. If anything, I'd think destroying ads would be a fun thing if it weren't for the people inside.
white_kunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 white_kunoichi
Member since 2010 • 4741 Posts

I actually don't see why not.If the real world is as boring and dull as some people say,then having real people...gets rid of the dullness.It happens alot,even though this time it was a somewhat unexpected choice.

SuperSmashBro1
Because it's features Sonic. It doesn't matter what's in the game cause Sonic is in there. We get it. That's you.
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Soniczero1993

Considering the fact that cars get wrecked in almost every race, it's nothing personal against Sega. The M&Ms fans don't beat up people for wrecking M&Ms cars, not even the drunken Budweiser fans beat up racers who wreck the Budweiser car. If anything, I'd think destroying ads would be a fun thing if it weren't for the people inside.barren167

What? Why should we give a shlt about the people inside? They are crashing for us. Seeing someone die because of it is part of the deal.

SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 SuperSmashBro1
[QUOTE="SuperSmashBro1"]

white_kunoichi

Because it's features Sonic. It doesn't matter what's in the game cause Sonic is in there. We get it. That's you.

But its also a crossover.We already have"serious" characters like Joe Musashi in,so I still don't see what's wrong with it.Anyone who supports Sega in such a way is like a brother(or sister..).

Now you're merely being insulting. Backwoods redneck? That'd be my father, I imagine.barren167
Now?There was a time where she wasn't totally insulting and judgemental?
Considering the fact that cars get wrecked in almost every race, it's nothing personal against Sega. The M&Ms fans don't beat up people for wrecking M&Ms cars, not even the drunken Budweiser fans beat up racers who wreck the Budweiser car. If anything, I'd think destroying ads would be a fun thing if it weren't for the people inside.barren167
But this car has Sonic on it,making it more important then any other car.

Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Soniczero1993
Whine moan bltch. That's all I see in this thread. All I get from this whole real chick being in a SEGA game is a lawl. Seriously, it's just a weird third party thing SEGA did for publicity, stop fvcking whining and let SEGA garner a few people so that Sonic can, you know, sell. This series is obviously doing well, a slight character add, no matter who it may be, is not going to affect gameplay. If it does for you, I honestly don't care.
koolkat14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 koolkat14
Member since 2009 • 10428 Posts
[QUOTE="sonicphc"]

[QUOTE="white_kunoichi"]What?kbaily

Really kbaily, you sounded like you're being forced to play her. She's going to be an extra character in the game, she doesn't take up another character's spot in the roster and you don't even have to use her when you're playing the game. For all we know, it could be Sega's way to advertise the game, which is a good thing.
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Soniczero1993
Thank you, some sense.
barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 barren167
All I said was that there are better racers to choose from. My issue's with Danica only.
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 kbaily

All I said was that there are better racers to choose from. My issue's with Danica only.barren167

I would rather have Big the Cat in this than a NASCAR racer. Yes, I hate NASCAR that much. Because I live in West Virgina which is redneck central so every Jeff Foxworthy sterotype is in place so you can imagine my annoyance at this.

This video shows off some gameplay in the Panzer Dragoon. http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-sonic/731980

Level looks great. New power ups like ice canon are shown off. Promising no cheap ass items like blue shells. Clearly this game is truly trying to not simply be another Mario Kart clone.

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#87 sonicphc
Member since 2005 • 7779 Posts

Promising no cheap ass items like blue shells. Clearly this game is truly trying to not simply be another Mario Kart clone.kbaily

I thought the Blue Rocket in the first iteration was particularly clever. If you're in 12th, a blue shell in Mario Kart just pisses of the person in first, and you're likely still in 12th. The rocket you could detonate wherever you wanted, so it was like a Blue shell targetting the player of your choice! :)

barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 barren167
Which, to the computer players (at least on the DS version) was the guy in first place, and they never mistimed it. Shields blocked it though, at least.
barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 barren167
Which, to the computer players (at least on the DS version) was the guy in first place, and they never mistimed it. Shields blocked it though, at least.
zmanrwks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 zmanrwks
Member since 2010 • 12562 Posts

NiGHTS is actually in the game as a playable character.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=481549

Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Soniczero1993
GASP!
zmanrwks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 zmanrwks
Member since 2010 • 12562 Posts

Low-quality footage.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=180830 

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 kbaily

Horray. Ok Sega take my money.

The only real gripe I have though I get why they did this is instead of having Nights and Reala drive a vehicle, they ARE the vehicles. Given Nights can change form I see why they did this but, I don't know it just looks weird.

sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 sonictrainer

So not only is NiGHTS a playable character and there will be a level from the Saturn Version, but his twin Reala is playable too?

AWESOME

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 kbaily

Check out some of the fan art images of what other Sega characters cars would be like. I'd draw one but I can't draw cars to save my life.

Violet_Inferno_Design_by_PsuC.jpg

Silver_the_Hedgehog_Hover_Bike_by_magicw

Like the futuristic hover cycle

BiiiiiiiiiKE_doodle_by_iMAGNi.jpg

Honestly I would've rather had Nights tearing up the track on this bad boy.

SaSASR_Ristar_by_theEyZmaster.jpg

Who agrees that Ristar needs to be brought back?

SaSASR_Bug_by_theEyZmaster.jpg

BUG from the Saturn game of the same name.

SaSASR_ArtJam___ToeJam___Earl_by_The_Man

Rumor has it that Sega tried to get Toejam and Earl in this game but their creator was being a dick about it and wouldn't do it then regretted it after word got out and fans were pissed at him. The biggest complaint some have of these Sega All Stars crossover is that there isn't a ton of representation from the Genesis era which was when Sega was at it's prime. Though with GoldenAxe and Shinobi being representated now I think that will help.

Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Soniczero1993
Funny thing about Shinobi was he had a Japanese last name, but I think his first name was Joe. Kinda American sounding.
sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 sonictrainer

A new animated trailer reveals the UK release date is November 16, 2012 and the US Release Date is November 20th

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - Comic-Con Trailer

sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 sonictrainer

Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed Boxart

Here's the boxart.

barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 barren167
I take it they want everyone to know that Sonic's in the game. And transformed vehicles. Isn't that the same roster that was on the original's front cover?
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 kbaily
The original had Tails in there unless it was the 360 version then it was Banjo.