bksonic123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 bksonic123
Member since 2005 • 37 Posts
Do you think adding the Werehog mechanic to Sonic Unleashed was a good idea. I am totally mixed in my opinion of the Werehog side of Sonic. Here's why... The good: Adds a fresh taste to Sonic. Very strong (just look at those stretchy arms!). Great combo attacks. Could actually make for a good story. The: Has nothing to do with what Sonic's all about, SPEED! Kinda breaks up the gameplay from fast-paced to combat orientated gameplay. What's your opinion? SONIC FOREVER! P.S. I love Sonic so much: I look up to him, I have every Sonic game to date, I celebrate Sonic's birthday (July 26 1991) and I have made my own Sonic game. What? You think I'm sad? Trust me, you haven't heard anything yet...
Avatar image for Shadow_of_Kirby
Shadow_of_Kirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Shadow_of_Kirby
Member since 2007 • 589 Posts

Well, see, here's the thing.

Before I state my opinion, I'll put it in some proper perspective.

You see, I didn't start off playing the first Sonic games; my very first was ShTH.

Meaning, that's probably a good explanation for why I'm willing to try almost anything.

So, yes, I completely don't care about the Werehog. I think it could be fun.

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#3 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

I'll admit, that despite me being "old school" and all, compared to other elements that Sonic games tried to add in the past, I actually like the werehog bits. It's better than other elements Sonic games have tried to add in the past: guns, clunky, mechs, Emerald Hunting and especially fishing. Though it isn't super fast, from what I've seen it has some wonderfully sublime platforming elements.

And think of it this way, even if the werehog bits aren't that good, we know that half of the game has Sonic running through high speed levels like we always wanted, so at least half the game seems like a sure bet (if Sega doesn't f--- up the controls again).

I'd still rather have Sonic as a werewolf than Banjo driving a car.

But I've also pointed out that most gamers hate innovation in general. They don't like Sonic as a werewolf. They don't like Link cell-shaded. They don't like Banjo driving a car. People don't want to buy anything that doesn't have blood or boobs in it. Creative, unique and original games like Okami, Psychonauts, Beyond Good and Evil, No More Heroes, Boom Blox and de Blob get passed up and people buy an over-glorified GTA clone like Saint's Row or another generic FPS with space marines (pick one).

A public service announcement from "Under the Radar."

bksonic123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bksonic123

...we know that half of the game has Sonic running through high speed levels like we always wanted, so at least half the game seems like a sure bet (if Sega doesn't mess up the controls again)"

kbaily
What if it this half isn't good enough? Don't you want to look back at something else after completing it? I for one have nothing against the werehog., but if the idea does not succeed, what will become of Sonic, after?
demoman_chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 demoman_chaos
Member since 2006 • 13896 Posts

or another generic FPS with space marines (pick one).kbaily

Doom is the only Space Marine shooter I like, the original is the best.

snakes3425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

#6 snakes3425
Member since 2008 • 1508 Posts

I'm all in favor of updating Sonic's image for a new generation, as long as they don't keep alientating the original fans.

The Werehog I have mixed feelings about for two reasons: 1. Shapeshifing has been done to death in numerous games and movies. 2. From what I've seen you won't have control over Sonic's transformations, being able to switch between Normal and Werehog mode depending on the situation would be an excellent feature.

bksonic123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bksonic123
I was able to get my hands on the werehog and and was absolutely spectacular!!!!!! You could do combos, there's destructable terrain, and you get to enter a new mode called unleshed mode, allowing more powerful attacks. I change my mind, dis game is da bomb.
kjhg53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#8 kjhg53
Member since 2008 • 30455 Posts
This game sounds like the Twilight Princess. But yeah no control over the change. I'm still lokking for this game and though I "liked" ShTH (because if you think Sonic wouldn't ever have a gun but Shadow whould run around with one) I thing this game will do good with fans and ok with every one else. Hey must up to date shooters are based off the same system so mainly they're the same game in a different setting and a different gun set.
TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#9 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts
I guess I'll just have to wait and see how it's like.
demoman_chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 demoman_chaos

I was able to get my hands on the werehog and and was absolutely spectacular!!!!!! You could do combos, there's destructable terrain, and you get to enter a new mode called unleshed mode, allowing more powerful attacks. I change my mind, dis game is da bomb.bksonic123

Ever play God of War? Werehog is a dumbed down version of that game. 2 attack buttons (but the werehog's doesn't do anything really different), Unleashed mode < Rage of the Gods/Titans, werehog arms < Blades of Chaos/Athena, notice a pattern here?

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#11 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

[QUOTE="bksonic123"]I was able to get my hands on the werehog and and was absolutely spectacular!!!!!! You could do combos, there's destructable terrain, and you get to enter a new mode called unleshed mode, allowing more powerful attacks. I change my mind, dis game is da bomb.demoman_chaos

Ever play God of War? Werehog is a dumbed down version of that game. 2 attack buttons (but the werehog's doesn't do anything really different), Unleashed mode < Rage of the Gods/Titans, werehog arms < Blades of Chaos/Athena, notice a pattern here?

But most games are ripping off God of War now which actually ripped of Rygar. And you forget that many Sonic fans are under 17 years old and not allowed by their parents to play God of War. It's the same reason a lot of fans like Shadow the Hedgehog because it was rated E and most fans were too young to play a real shooter like Gears or Halo.

demoman_chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 demoman_chaos

Heavenly Sword horribly ripped God of War, the ranged style was the blades of cahos to the T (I never liekd tha tsaying), and the power style was a rip of the Artemis Blade in the first game. The speed style was the Blades of Chaos without the chains.

The werehog levels are frustrating due to sporadic movement of the werehog. He has a nack for doing just the opposite of what I want so he can go flying (off the edge).

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#13 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
I think loads of people don't like the werehog levels because of the fact it slows the Sonic game down and it is just button mashing which can be dull. I think some people have actually tried getting through the levels as fast as possible just not to play as it.
demoman_chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 demoman_chaos

I think loads of people don't like the werehog levels because of the fact it slows the Sonic game down and it is just button mashing which can be dull. I think some people have actually tried getting through the levels as fast as possible just not to play as it.chocolate1325

Wow, someone knows exactly what I do. Burn hrough the level to get it over with, but somehow still get an S rank most everytime (I have a lot more night S ranks than day, which is good if I decide to go for all S).

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#15 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

[QUOTE="chocolate1325"]I think loads of people don't like the werehog levels because of the fact it slows the Sonic game down and it is just button mashing which can be dull. I think some people have actually tried getting through the levels as fast as possible just not to play as it.demoman_chaos

Wow, someone knows exactly what I do. Burn hrough the level to get it over with, but somehow still get an S rank most everytime (I have a lot more night S ranks than day, which is good if I decide to go for all S).

I am looking forward to playing this game and I am gonna play it probably for a while after I complete it unlike a few which I have just stopped playing after finishing them.