PiscesAnimeGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 PiscesAnimeGirl
Member since 2010 • 234 Posts
What are your most fond memories involving Sonic The Hedgehog? Mine are being in day care playing STH2 and constantly asking if Tails was a boy or girlĀ :lol: I also fondly remember spending my summer days playing Sonic Heroes
Avatar image for -SpikyBlueHero-
-SpikyBlueHero-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 -SpikyBlueHero-
Member since 2007 • 2176 Posts

Lots. To name a few, being absolutely terrified of drowning in Chemical Plant Zone when I was little (hilarious in retrospect), plunking down the cash for Sonic Riders as the first game I ever bought at release (With bonus Sonic X DVD. Heck, yeah.), getting a DS specifically for Sonic Rush, a Wii for Secret Rings, and a Saturn for Sonic Jam.

That last one regretfully reminds me of my worst memory, and nightmare:Ā Sonic Jam. An alternative, grossly disfigured, disgustingly mutilated version of the aforementioned Saturn original. In other words, IT SUCKS. Don't bother with it. EVER. For the sake of your very soul.

Good times.

Ā 

Avatar image for PiscesAnimeGirl
PiscesAnimeGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 PiscesAnimeGirl
Member since 2010 • 234 Posts
LOL I guess I'm lucky since I never played Sonic Jam :D I played Sonic Riders once. It came with a Sonic X DVD? :shock: Holy crap! Yeah I remember being scared of drowning in the old school games XD
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#4 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111406 Posts
My first time playing Sonic Adventure 2: Battle when I was almost 11 and blasting through City Escape. That felt amazing. In fact, I don't think anything else beats that except for my fond nostalgia of Sonic 2 and also when I got Sonic Colors for Christmas in 2010. I was worried I would get something odd because the year prior I asked not to get anything and my mom got me Secret Rings which honestly I would've preferred nothing at all. :P But then I saw I got a Wii game for Christmas and I was like "I hope it's not Black Knight..." I open it, it's Colors, I go from 18 year old boy to 10 year old boy in 3 seconds.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 sonicphc
Member since 2005 • 7779 Posts
That. Stupid. Barrel. I would only play Sonic 3 when plugged into S&K, because Knuckles gets around that barrel. I figured it out 8 years later. >_>
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#6 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

For me the most recent one was when I played Sonic Colors after years of being let down by bad to medicore games I played Colors and just remember having a feeling of joy not felt since I was a kid. The fact that you hit start and got right into gameplay instead of some 20 minute cinematic, or some boring forced tutorial and when the first cutscene did come along and seeing this more lighthearted AoStH tone instead of trying for bad anime melodrama and not having to wade through any sort of tedium like running across a hub world, fishing as a cat, having to hunt down emerald shards.

Probably why I prefer Colors over Generations because Colors just made me feel so elated and that feeling continued on until Generations release.

Avatar image for -SpikyBlueHero-
-SpikyBlueHero-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 -SpikyBlueHero-
Member since 2007 • 2176 Posts

LOL I guess I'm lucky since I never played Sonic Jam :DPiscesAnimeGirl

*headdesk* I screwed up: Sonic Jam for the Tiger game.comĀ handheld. Not the Saturn game, which is an okay compilation with iffy emulation, and pretty unremarkable if not for the mini 3D world Sonic can run around in.

The game.com version is simply unplayable. I'm not even sure if it qualifies as a "game".

Ā 

Ā 

DocEggmanNega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 DocEggmanNega
Member since 2008 • 1628 Posts

Too many to count, but um... definitely the early years. First discovering Super Sonic was almost magical to me. Like, something none of my friends were able to get or see for themselves.

Ā And another shocking momemt was when my friend turned on Sonic 2 and I looked up at the screen as I saw KNUCKLES pop out of that hoop. I thought I was tripping hard since Knuckles hadn't come out until recently and I had Sonic 2 for what seemed like ages. (A couple years in reality)Ā Ā He showed me that I could stick other cartridges on top of Sonic & Knuckles and I was overjoyed. Sadly, Primal Rage and AfterBurnerdidn't let Knuckles invade the game, but I got different serts of blue sphere stages with both carts after furiously mashing buttons.