turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 0

#1 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I recently beat Viewtiful Joe on Ultra V Rated, so I finally unlocked Captain Blue. I've had the game for years but only just did this last year. Seriously amazing and hard game. I wish they'd revive the series, but Capcom hates their fans, plus there's that legal snafu with Clover and all that. Still, I'm happy I have all the characters now... I might try getting unlimited VFX powers this summer by earning Rainbow Vs on everything.

What's your most recent retro accomplishment you feel great about?

GamerNerdTalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By GamerNerdTalk
Member since 2011 • 341 Posts

I beat Ninja Gaiden black on the hardest difficulty 6 years ago. And I am working on all achievements for Ninja Gaiden 2 :3, I'm pretty proud of those

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I beat Jurassic Park on my Sega Game Gear in 30 minutes without dying once. I did that last week at the start of my Jurassic Park game-a-thon.

GamerNerdTalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 1

#4 GamerNerdTalk
Member since 2011 • 341 Posts

@Telekill: wow nice!!

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21700 Posts

Nothing recent or that special. Last year, I had a Mega Man marathon where I went through Mega Man 1-10, X1-X5, Zero, and ZX, with the highlights being beating Omega in Mega Man ZX without getting hit, and then going through Mega Man X without dying. The only other things I can think of is getting every achievement in NiGHTS into Dreams, and owning Galamoth from SOTN while being under leveled. It was the first time I ever fought him, but his pattern was really easy to expose, so maybe he's just more hype than anything else.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#6 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

@Renegade_Fury said:

Nothing recent or that special. Last year, I had a Mega Man marathon where I went through Mega Man 1-10, X1-X5, Zero, and ZX, with the highlights being beating Omega in Mega Man ZX without getting hit, and then going through Mega Man X without dying. The only other things I can think of is getting every achievement in NiGHTS into Dreams, and owning Galamoth from SOTN while being under leveled. It was the first time I ever fought him, but his pattern was really easy to expose, so maybe he's just more hype than anything else.

I still need to play that game.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21700 Posts

@turtlethetaffer said:
@Renegade_Fury said:

I still need to play that game.

SOTN? I'd definitely recommend downloading it on XBLA or PSN if you ever have the time, because if you love games like Super Metroid, SOTN is on that level of fun.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#8 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Beaten Batman NES recently...dat Joker don't mess around.

ManicZen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9  Edited By ManicZen
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Resident Evil Code Veronica on Dreamcast - finally killed the giant silver mutant thingy in the back of the cargo plane after having been trying on and off for about 10 years. Finally get to load CD 2 into the console only to be mightily disappointed by the rest of the game after so much anticipation.

soyrobin2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By soyrobin2001
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Yesterday i finished Akumajou Densetsu on the Famicom. There was so much lost in translation on the american version (Castlevania 3). The audio on the japanese cart is awesome.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

@mitu123: That is hard. I don't think I would be able to do that now.

LJNkickstarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LJNkickstarter
Member since 2013 • 61 Posts

I beat Arc the Lad 2 for PS1. Oh man i enjoyed hunting monsters and taking jobs from NPC on that game.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

heart of darkness for ps1 .

not a hard game but its the only retro game i played this month/playing ps2 games mostly now/

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mitu123

@SOedipus said:

@mitu123: That is hard. I don't think I would be able to do that now.

Why not?=O

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SOedipus

@mitu123: Just getting older...less patience...higher blood pressure. Mostly the last of patience though :(

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56079 Posts

Beating and capturing all and I mean all the Apes (errr Monkeys) in Ape Escape on PS1 and that was 6 months ago.

Exceed20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Exceed20XX
Member since 2011 • 817 Posts

A very minor one since I already finished the original Doom a fair number of times, I think I never cleared it with all of the secret levels per episode. I believe I always missed Warrens (Ep3's secret level.)

pook99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By pook99
Member since 2014 • 915 Posts

decided to play through every dragons lair game, started with dragons lair 2, one of my all time favorite games, then finished the original dragons lair. After that I played dragons lair 3d on gamecube, which I never played before and it was surprisingly good. Just finished dragons lair on snes and at some point in the next week or so I will probably go back and replay the dreadful nes version just for the lulz.

Other than that I also played through festers quest last night with a friend who had never played the game in his life.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f768591970d3
deactivated-5f768591970d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By deactivated-5f768591970d3
Member since 2004 • 1255 Posts

Finally stuck to Fzero GX and beat story mode. that felt good. Im also about to beat final boss of mega man x and move onto x2.

marinevetstl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By marinevetstl
Member since 2012 • 175 Posts

I recently beat "The Death and Return of Superman" Nes version without a continue. Very happy considering I am a disabled combat Marine that has crossed the 40's barrier and have a traumatic brain injury.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#21 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts

I managed to beat Kintaro recently in Mortal Kombat II without using continues or even losing any rounds.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mitu123

Beaten Ninja Gaiden 1 NES without dying once.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23  Edited By bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

I beat Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on NES. The weird Ultra version. The ending wasn't as cool as I thought it would be.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#24  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

Well, I became Arch-Mage in Morrowind.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SOedipus

I unlocked all of the cheats on Goldeneye.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

Couple of friends and myself just recently beat Rygar.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#27 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Beating Prince of Persia The Sands of Time. Great game wish Ubisoft would reboot the series.

swiftrobber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

#28 swiftrobber
Member since 2015 • 98 Posts

grandia, it's a child's game, i wouldn't recommend it if you value intricate story and cool battle tactics.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#29 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

Completed Batman(NES) for the first time a few weeks ago.

Completed Mega Man on the NES for only the 2nd time. I had forgotten how brutally difficult that game can be.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

My most recent Retro gaming achievement is finally finding a copy of Nightmare Busters. It was a finished but unreleased Super Nintendo game. I found this in a pawn Shop. This game was sold out on-line. But by fluke I found one in the pawn shop. This is an old game that the ROM has been dumped on the internet, and can be played via emulation. I would rather have a physical copy. I was disheartened that it was sold out on the website. So I was happy to find one in the pawnshop for sale. $60.00 was worth snapping up this Retro (sort of) Since this was released for the SNES in 2012.

So a new, but not new game for the Super NES. Retro 16 bit gaming at it's best, Since the Super Nintendo is my favorite console of all time. This is a must buy.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Beat Grim Fandango! (remastered, but I think it counts since it's the same game). Really great experience, although I do have my critiques - I think the praise for the game is not unfounded but tends to go too far

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#32 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

I beat Mushihimesama on Ultra Mode.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#33  Edited By Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

I finally beat Tomb Raider II (PC).

I say "finally" because the last time I played this game I was a kid (must have been around 11). Got it free with a Windows 98 family computer. Back then half the time a auto-installer wouldn't pop-up, so you had to enter the .exe directory into the run window and go from there. Man, installing games has gotten easier.

Back then I couldn't get my head around how to figure out the puzzles (I was looking for overt clues, totally unaware that the freeform exploration involved in figuring out the puzzles IS the game). As a result I could never get past the third stage without a guide (and no further than that even with one). I must have been a stupid kid cos I completed the game with relatively little trouble (okay, I died a shit tonne cos I was getting used to the controls and other design quirks. In fact 10 of my 25 hour game time was dying/retrying).

The puzzles weren't hard and outside of a couple of levels TRII is actually linear, with the appearance of freeform exploration: that is, you move through a funnel of, admittedly large, but ultimately self-contained, rooms. And enemies are easy once you realise that that rolling behind them guarantees you free shots cos they have no quickturn (you end up gunning them down whilst they slowly pivot).

I'm now alternating between TR1 and TRIII, both of which, for some reason, have more responsive controls than TRII.

I never liked the old TR series (love the Crystal Dyanamics trilogy though) but now I've gotten used to all the control quirks of these games I have a huge number of new games open to me (when you factor in expansions and all the fan-made levels). It's almost like falling in love with a new genre, expanding my horizons.