Top 30 Sega Genesis / Mega Drive Games Ever!

stika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 stika
Member since 2005 • 2628 Posts

Hi everyone,

To celebrate the Sega Genesis / Mega Drive's 30th anniversary I created a list of the top 30 games for that console ever made.

I hope you'll enjoy it! :D

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56035 Posts

Cool. I was mostly into Sonic games whenever Sega makes a new console for the most parts.

psxfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 psxfanboy
Member since 2018 • 8 Posts

I was into Sonic, Streets of Rage and Two Crude Dudes. Great games :)

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

My Genesis games were PGA Tour, Might and Magic II, Streets of Rage series, Road Rash series, Skitchin and Blackthorne.

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jackamomo
Member since 2017 • 2157 Posts

Well I liked that Thunderforce 4 was in there.

I did not like the Wonderboy/girl(?) game and couldn’t get into Shadowrun.

The only Sonic game I like is the first one and I kept dying on Contra, of which I don’t like the graphics.

But everyone is entitled to their opinion of course. At least Alex Kid wasn’t in there.

I enjoy The Adventures of Batman and Robin, especially as now I know how to skip past levels with a cheat.

I actually prefer the graphics on Phantasy Star 3 to 4 as that game was done by the team behind Golden Axe.

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

Sonic and Streets of Rage were my games back in the day, great memories of both series.

cikosik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cikosik
Member since 2020 • 1 Posts

@haroldcoates said:

SEGA was one of my best friends in the past. It's a joke). I remember how I played hours in Mortal Kombat games. Even today I continue playing some of the retro games including MK https://killerroms.com/roms/sega-genesis. Scorpion can destroy the Marvel Universe really.

I always wanted Sega, but I only had Gameboy Advance, my parents didn’t want to buy Sega. I remember playing Dragonball Z all day on Gameboy Advance. Now I also wanted to remember my childhood, I found emulators here https://romshub.com/roms/gameboy-advance, maybe someone will come in handy.

upnyakhir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 upnyakhir
Member since 2023 • 1 Posts

We all know the Genesis was the other 16 Bit console competing with the SNES. Yep, the only one. What's a TurboGrafx? We all also know due to limitations, Genesis graphics are noticably worse than SNES when comparing the same game on the two consoles. But what games are the exceptions? What Genesis games could be mistaken for a SNES game if muted, or in rare cases, looks BETTER than a SNES game?

Not games that are visually appealing "for a Genesis game", IE not really praising it.