headninjadog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 headninjadog
Member since 2005 • 742 Posts

I just got a used (and damn clean!) Xbox, a brand new PS2, Official US Playstation mags with demos, DOA Ultimate, DOA 3, and a few other games on the way and boy do I feel like a slim 20-something from the early 2000s. If I only I'd have saved every game and ps2, xbox I had from back than i would of had a nice collection today. And...I haven't posted on Gamespot in like 4 years, ha!

Ok - so I now I just read that Xbox One will have a major update for original backward compatability...lol. Just my luck.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7264 Posts
@headninjadog said:

Ok - so I now I just read that Xbox One will have a major update for original backward compatability...lol. Just my luck.

It's still worth owning an OG Xbox. There are a lot of games that the XB1 still can't play, and many that it probably never will.

rtehrani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 rtehrani
Member since 2003 • 1485 Posts

I just bought me an OG Xbox last week and all I can say is, LIGHT GUN GAMES! if u have an old crt tv then u have to get some light gun games. Granted there are only a few of them but given how light gun games work you will likely never be able to play them on an xb1 even if they were bc.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@judaspete said:
@headninjadog said:

It's still worth owning an OG Xbox. There are a lot of games that the XB1 still can't play, and many that it probably never will.

Yep and I still have my good old Xbox in the garage storage if I needed to use it again. I don't think Xbox games like Blinx & Dino Crisis 3 are BC to Xbox One, so it's worth owning an Xbox to play oldies games for this reasons.

headninjadog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 headninjadog
Member since 2005 • 742 Posts

I'm happy enough just owning the hardware. It's working well but the disc tray gets stuck. Went on Youtube and saw how to fix it. It looks good on my HDTV.