Old info about Halo or Halo 2 Playstation port?

hofuldig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 hofuldig
Member since 2004 • 5126 Posts

Back in the good old gamespot days, gamespot had updated with info saying that microsoft was looking to try and port Halo 2 i think to the sony playstation, there was very little info but a short article or maby video? where one of the devs talked about the challenges of trying to port a game from xbox to playstation and he talked about how little memory the PS2 had. i went to the Halo and Halo 2 pages but it seems they only have articles going back to around 2011 and i cant find jack squat through google. does anyone else remember this?

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I don't. Pretty skeptical, but would be quite interesting to hear the story if it was true

hofuldig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 hofuldig
Member since 2004 • 5126 Posts

@xantufrog: you can see that my profile is from 2004, and i had been using gamespot a good year before i made an account, after doing some research it may have been the original halo as there was talk of bungie making a Halo PS2 port before microsoft bought them out. there is a video about it uploaded in 2011 on IGNs youtube page but the audio is muted.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#4 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15910 Posts

Have u tried going to game page, news section?

BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 BarbaricAvatar
Member since 2006 • 1000 Posts

Halo 1 was going to be multiplatform before Microsoft threw half a bank at Bungie. There was never any talk of Halo 2 appearing on PS2 at the time; the franchise was an Xbox property. Besides, it's not like PS2 was short on great FPS's; and they all had the crosshairs in the correct place.

Wherever you read it, made it up.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Halo was going to be on the ps2, bungie wasn't a MS owned company at the time. Bit it was Bungie, not MS that was going to port the game to the ps2.