Getting the most out of 5th generation gaming - game suggestions?

RJDG14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 RJDG14
Member since 2018 • 6 Posts

Or more specifically out of the PSX (original PlayStation) and Nintendo 64 - these are the two I own, and the Saturn/Jaguar never really took off.

I find the 5th generation of consoles is arguably the most interesting one, since it was the first 3D generation. Obviously the graphics have improved a lot since then, but I like the simplicity of the systems and in the case of the PSX I find the slightly grainy appearance quite interesting (it's hard to describe). I knew some people who owned a PSX/N64 when younger and enjoyed playing on theirs, so I bought both systems secondhand a few months ago.

What I want to know though would be which games you would suggest I buy for each system. Games I already have that I enjoy are:

N64 - Super Mario 64, Pilotwings 64, Donkey Kong 64, Wave Race, 1080, Ridge Racer 64

PSX - Metal Gear Solid, Tekken 3, Ridge Racer, Time Crisis (with G-Con 45/Guncon), Gran Turismo 1/2, Forsaken (the censored PAL version, but I still like it)

There are a handful of games I own (London Racer on the PSX for instance) that I tried and thought "meh" within a minute of play, so haven't touched since.

Anyway, what other games would you suggest for each system? I was thinking of maybe hunting down the Crash Bandicoot titles for the PSX, but any other suggestions?

swagthug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#2  Edited By swagthug
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

Based off what you seem to like:

N64: Banjo Kazooie, Snowboard Kids, Conker's Bad Fur Day, F-Zero X, WinBack

PSX: Syphon Filter, Wipeout, Gex, Spyro the Dragon, Ape Escape, Tenchu: Stealth Assassins, Soul Edge, Bushido Blade, Hot Wheels Turbo Racing

vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 vinchenzo
Member since 2018 • 7 Posts

@rjdg14: Ocarina of time of course. It's a must have